Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (978) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1002654 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by westbuoi(m): 2:45pm On Jun 24, 2023
I'm really drawing u guys back..pls

* how much is dependant upkeep(less than 5yrs) London borugh .

* Visa fees for the minor dependant
* IHS fee for the minor too

* What's the main applicant monthly support for 9months be

I found it difficult spooling this from past pages

Kindly help!!
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by MatrixReloaded: 4:50pm On Jun 24, 2023
westbuoi:
I'm really drawing u guys back..pls

* how much is dependant upkeep(less than 5yrs) London borugh .

* Visa fees for the minor dependant
* IHS fee for the minor too

* What's the main applicant monthly support for 9months be

I found it difficult spooling this from past pages

Kindly help!!
Thanks
Go to first page to get all info on visa fee, ihs, dependant monthly upkeep

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ebimone: 6:48pm On Jun 24, 2023
Hello everyone,
How long should I wait after an empty nsf mail?

I feel stressed..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by FavourEmilokan: 6:48pm On Jun 24, 2023
Hello House,

I would appreciate a response to my inquiry. I intend to travel with my husband and our kids as dependents. Is it possible to apply for my husband and I first then apply for our kids a month later. The reason is this: Our kids passport is not yet ready and we do not want to wait until when we get it so that it does not affect my resumption date in September. I hope this will not pose a problem in case the visa officer starts to wonder why we would leave the young kids behind. We do not intend to. The plan is that I would go first then my husband will bring the kids a month or two months later once their visa is approved.
Also, I need to apply with my husband first as my dependent because the bulk of our pof is in his account. I hope it will not be an issue if the pof is in the account of the dependent and not the MA

Pls advise..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 8:59pm On Jun 24, 2023
Hello

Both issues you have raised regarding your kids and your POF in the MAs account are not a problem at all.

I won't be concerned about them

Cheers

FavourEmilokan:
Hello House,

I would appreciate a response to my inquiry. I intend to travel with my husband and our kids as dependents. Is it possible to apply for my husband and I first then apply for our kids a month later. The reason is this: Our kids passport is not yet ready and we do not want to wait until when we get it so that it does not affect my resumption date in September. I hope this will not pose a problem in case the visa officer starts to wonder why we would leave the young kids behind. We do not intend to. The plan is that I would go first then my husband will bring the kids a month or two months later once their visa is approved.
Also, I need to apply with my husband first as my dependent because the bulk of our pof is in his account. I hope it will not be an issue if the pof is in the account of the dependent and not the MA

Pls advise..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 8:59pm On Jun 24, 2023
Hello

If you haven't gotten an update after 15working days you can chase up

Cheers
Ebimone:
Hello everyone,
How long should I wait after an empty nsf mail?

I feel stressed..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Boscojugunu(m): 9:59pm On Jun 24, 2023
Can I use certificate of investment for POF
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ebimone: 10:04pm On Jun 24, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

If you haven't gotten an update after 15working days you can chase up

Cheers

Thank You Duchess..

15 working days feels like forever.

People I did biometrics with in Abuja have picked up their passport already 😩
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Biola67: 10:40pm On Jun 24, 2023
Ebimone:

Thank You Duchess..

Fokanbale (Relax)

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by OkaliDan: 10:46pm On Jun 24, 2023
Which bank did you use for pof
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by MatrixReloaded: 11:34pm On Jun 24, 2023
Boscojugunu:
Can I use certificate of investment for POF
Is the source verifiable, reachable and funds readily available to you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ObaOfEsan: 11:48pm On Jun 24, 2023
Ebimone:

Thank You Duchess..

I was tensed like you. but I had to encourage myself. I got mine. I believe you will get yours. don't be afraid.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ajapz(m): 12:40am On Jun 25, 2023
Hello House, a quick question. I and my wife are planning for the January 2024 intake although I'm aware of the dependant visa ban, is it possible to still apply for everything and get visa approved by December 2023 since the dependant visa ban starts from January?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Keemy88(m): 1:12am On Jun 25, 2023
Thank YOU Jesus.

Let this naira gain.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by HenryG(m): 2:10am On Jun 25, 2023
Please,
When confirming the exchange rate on Oanda.com, are we converting from NGN to GBP (which is higher in rate) or from GBP to NGN (lower in rate)?
For example,
Today exchange rate on Oanda states
NGN to GBP =#1044
and GBP to NGN = #1004
Which one are we to use to calculate POF. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by WeblessGod0001: 2:53am On Jun 25, 2023
Please house help a worried soul. My family and I (family of 3) did biometrics on the 19th and now, main applicant has received collection mail and brp mail. Till now, myself and my child are still in DMC. I’m worried because everyone has been getting with their family at once. Even people who got nsf have gotten their visa. I want to make a paid call tomorrow if at 12pm I haven’t moved to vac. I learnt paid mails only get automated responses. I have checked every corner of my mail, there’s no nsf at all.
I also want to ask if they see a main applicant’s dependents once they attend to his application. If yes, why haven’t they attended to mine and my child’s after seeing main applicant’s?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Emcee6(m): 3:35am On Jun 25, 2023
HenryG:
Please,
When confirming the exchange rate on Oanda.com, are we converting from NGN to GBP (which is higher in rate) or from GBP to NGN (lower in rate)?
For example,
Today exchange rate on Oanda states
NGN to GBP =#1044
and GBP to NGN = #1004
Which one are we to use to calculate POF. Thanks

You’re converting from NGN to GBP.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 4:38am On Jun 25, 2023
Hello

Most ECOs priority is for the MA to resume school on time, so ECOs do NOT need to assess the dependants and MAs application at the same time, however some ECOs do.

If you did your biometrics on 19th June, it is just 4days since then, dependants decision timeframe is typically 3weeks.

I don't see the worry here, dependants can arrive at any time.

Cheers
WeblessGod0001:
Please house help a worried soul. My family and I (family of 3) did biometrics on the 19th and now, main applicant has received collection mail and brp mail. Till now, myself and my child are still in DMC. I’m worried because everyone has been getting with their family at once. Even people who got nsf have gotten their visa. I want to make a paid call tomorrow if at 12pm I haven’t moved to vac. I learnt paid mails only get automated responses. I have checked every corner of my mail, there’s no nsf at all.
I also want to ask if they see a main applicant’s dependents once they attend to his application. If yes, why haven’t they attended to mine and my child’s after seeing main applicant’s?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 4:41am On Jun 25, 2023
Hello

The proposed changes apply to students from January 2024 intake regardless of when they apply for their visa .

Simply put,you won't be able to go with your dependant

Cheers
ajapz:
Hello House, a quick question. I and my wife are planning for the January 2024 intake although I'm aware of the dependant visa ban, is it possible to still apply for everything and get visa approved by December 2023 since the dependant visa ban starts from January?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by haslemolapade: 6:09am On Jun 25, 2023
The GBP is the transaction currency also known as base currency . The right arrangement is GBPNGN.
UKVI will convert their Pounds to Naira equivalent using the oanda site.
They will NEVER and NEVER put Naira First in the Oanda converter to determine their Pounds

GBPNGN

1 GBP = 1,013.95 as at today

not NGNGBP
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by chemicalibk: 6:12am On Jun 25, 2023
Keemy88:
Thank YOU Jesus.

Let this naira gain.

Let the jericho wall of oanda rate fall flat now
Amen
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by haslemolapade: 6:13am On Jun 25, 2023
Emcee6:

You’re converting from NGN to GBP.

The GBP is the transaction currency also known as base currency . The right arrangement is GBPNGN.
They will NEVER and NEVER put Naira First in the Oanda converter to determine their Pounds

GBPNGN

not NGNGBP

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mattle: 6:56am On Jun 25, 2023
WeblessGod0001:

Worried? Your biometrics was just 4(working days) ago. I really don't think you should be worried if it's not more than 15WDs yet. That the MA has received his/her visa does not mean all of you must receive visa at the same time, these things are normal. I think you should worry less.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by WeblessGod0001: 6:58am On Jun 25, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

Both issues you have raised regarding your kids and your POF in the MAs account are not a problem at all.

Cheers

I’m bothered because every other person got at once with their family. People who dependents got nsf even have gotten. I’m worried as me and my son’s own stays in DMC while my husband has gotten his.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by WeblessGod0001: 6:59am On Jun 25, 2023
Mattle:

Worried? Your biometrics was just 4(working days) ago. I really don't think you should be worried if it's not more than 15WDs yet. That the MA has received his/her visa does not mean all of you must receive visa at the same time, these things are normal. I think you should worry less.

Alright thank you. It’s just cos I haven’t seen any case like this this year. It’s been speedy this year so far. Everyone’s been getting at once. I feel left alone.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by FavourEmilokan: 7:17am On Jun 25, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

Cheers

Thanks duchess90 for your response. Appreciated
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by HenryG(m): 7:22am On Jun 25, 2023
haslemolapade:

GBPNGN

not NGNGBP

@ duchess90, mimilyrics, giselle237, cashmadam, ThenewageFarmer and others can this be true please? This is a bone of contention in my whatsapp group
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mattle: 7:50am On Jun 25, 2023
WeblessGod0001:

Alright thank you. It’s just cos I haven’t seen any case like this this year. It’s been speedy this year so far. Everyone’s been getting at once. I feel left alone.

No, there have been many cases like this recently.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mattle: 7:52am On Jun 25, 2023
HenryG:

@ duchess90, mimilyrics, giselle237, cashmadam, ThenewageFarmer and others can this be true please? This is a bone of contention in my whatsapp group

It's true. You should be converting from £ to ₦ and not the other way.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mymehn: 7:54am On Jun 25, 2023
Just use the highest to avoid story that touch

Currency at the top means BUY

Currency at the bottom means SELL
HenryG:

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by haslemolapade: 8:20am On Jun 25, 2023
Mymehn:
Just use the highest to avoid story that touch

Currency at the top means BUY

Currency at the bottom means SELL

Wrong, In forex, currencies are traded in pairs. The first currency is called the base currency and the second currency is called the quote currency.
Using the Oanda Site.

GBPNGN, NGNGBP

1 GBP = 1,013.95

1 NGN = 0.00097 GBP

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Spencer28(m): 8:22am On Jun 25, 2023
Good day my people!

Please I want to confirm if I can use a Mortgage bank for my POF. I have search all the threads and all I have been seeing is commercial banks and MFB only.
I will be gladly if I can get a response because I want to initialize my POF tomorrow.
@duchess please epp!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.