Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,682 members, 7,805,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? (18541 Views)

New USSD For Offering And Tithe In Winners Chapel. See How Much I Paid. / Bishop Oyedepo: I Cart My Tithe In Trailer Loads To God / Daddy Freeze lays Curses On Pastors Who Will Collect Tithe In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by georgeakins: 5:22pm On Nov 27, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

I shared scriptures with you about gathering in the name of God. Do you still dispute any of those verses?

When people gather? Won’t they need funds required for such gathering?

In a world of today, a gathering of people will DEFINITELY require funds.

You cannot worship anything without expenses.

Witches and wizards require funds, Confraternity's require funds.

So it’s a basic to use funds to set up a place of worship. Is their any religion in the world that does not have a place of worship?

I don’t even get the point you trying to emphasize here. Are you saying people should not worship in one accord? Meaning you have a problem with every religion in the world.

Go and rest .
Religion is a complete fraud.
Thieve and lazy men like you have hijacked it.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
A. But Jesus Christ never asked anyone to build your churches using His name. So of what concern of His is all your bill paying, your church alms giving, your paying of employee salaries, etc? undecided

B. Again, Jesus Christ never asked anyone to site or build these businesses, hire employees, etc. using His name so why do you think it makes sense to then use His name to collect donations for these businesses? undecided

There are more than we know and see

Life is deep

JESUS rarely entered churches or synagogues

He preached and did His miracles everywhere He goes, now we are in the modern world

Me myself, I sometimes donate building materials to church anytime it comes to my heart,I'm not doing it cus I was mandated to or something, if you are spiritual enough, you will know that .. YOUR MONEY IS ALSO A FORM OF PRAYER, ALL THESE THINGS REVOLVE IN THE SPIRITUAL REALM.. WHERE YOUR PRAYER CAN'T REACH,YOUR OFFERINGS AND TITHES CAN PUSH IT FURTHER....

Eg.. Lord look at that which I do in Your name,bless me or heal me etc...where two or more people are gathered, the Lord is there.. you may meet or have seen the genuine and fake pastors etc, does not mean they are all bad... David said,(I can't give to the LORD what costs me nothing) and Solomon his son sacrificed 1k animals and God came to him

Hannah gave something to recieve something

If you feel ur sacrifices or offerings and tithes are enriching your pastors.. I ask

HOW MUCH DO YOU GIVE THAT FEEDS YOUR PASTOR AND HIS FAMILY AND ALSO PAY THOSE WORKING WITH HIM?

IF you can't give, keep it and nobody will arrest you or kill you

Thank you
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by phemmyfour: 5:41pm On Nov 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again, Jesus Christ clearly drew a distinction there using the taxes/tithes between those who are people of God aka the Jews .I.e. those who have the blood of Jacob in their veins and those who are the Children of God aka Sons of God. If that teaching there went right over your head, I am afraid there isn't much I can help you with understanding. N undecided
You ve said nothing that shows proof of intelligence. Get wisdom.....and with all thy getting, get understanding
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Kobojunkie: 5:45pm On Nov 27, 2022
okenze007:
1. You that is asking whether christ asked them to build church or pay electricity. I am sure that civilisation has not gotten to you. Irrespective of the religion you belong to, do you worship on the road, bush or in a building called house.

2. Do your leaders in your belief use electricity and other modern amenities or not.
You are a hypocrite that don't see any good in others religion.

3. Tithing not my problem but for you to have asked whether christ asked to build a place called church.
I am sure u are living in a house, why do you live in a house
1. What has civilization to do with that which Jesus Christ called His followers to doing? Explain that to us so we can better understand your reasoning here. Are you in some way insinuating that God has changed His mind because of civilization? undecided

2. What leaders in what belief? Jesus Christ made clear that He alone is Teacher,Head/authority/Master, Shepherd, guide, etc., over all those who belong to Him. So you need to specify who it is that is god over you in your belief. undecided

3. Jesus Christ did not command anyone to build homes in the name of God. Hence, my house is not built in the name of Jesus Christ as it is of this world and not of the Kingdom of God. In much the same way, your churches which are not commanded by Jesus Christ have absolutely nothing to do with the Kingdom of God as they instead of this world and built my men for the glory of men and their many kingdoms/businesses in this world. undecided
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2022
Nwatachoba1:
A. There are more than we know and see. Life is deep JESUS rarely entered churches or synagogues. He preached and did His miracles everywhere He goes, now we are in the modern world

Me myself, I sometimes donate building materials to church anytime it comes to my heart,I'm not doing it cus I was mandated to or something, if you are spiritual enough, you will know that .. YOUR MONEY IS ALSO A FORM OF PRAYER, ALL THESE THINGS REVOLVE IN THE SPIRITUAL REALM.. WHERE YOUR PRAYER CAN'T REACH,YOUR OFFERINGS AND TITHES CAN PUSH IT FURTHER....

Eg.. Lord look at that which I do in Your name,bless me or heal me etc...where two or more people are gathered, the Lord is there.. you may meet or have seen the genuine and fake pastors etc, does not mean they are all bad... David said,(I can't give to the LORD what costs me nothing) and Solomon his son sacrificed 1k animals and God came to him

B. Hannah gave something to recieve something If you feel ur sacrifices or offerings and tithes are enriching your pastors.. I ask

C. HOW MUCH DO YOU GIVE THAT FEEDS YOUR PASTOR AND HIS FAMILY AND ALSO PAY THOSE WORKING WITH HIM? IF you can't give, keep it and nobody will arrest you or kill you. Thank you
A. Your money means absolutely nothing to God. So also your prayers if offered in disobedience of His teachings and commandments. Stop making gods of things which are of no meaning using God names to pretend such delusions are of value abeg. undecided

B. Nowhere is it written in scripture that Hannah received from God because she gave everything, do you realize that? undecided

C. Jesus Christ, through His many teachings and commandments, more than explained to you lot that it is not your giving that causes God to act but your obedience of God's Law to you that causes that. undecided

Look around you at the generations of givers who gave their all to your pastors and mogs, majority majority them dying in poverty as a result and their children after them also living in squalor as a result of the foolish decisions made by their parents to give to pastors and mogs. This describes the majority of your church goers to this day and will continue to for as long as this practice of teaching foolishness using God's name continues. undecided
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Kobojunkie: 6:11pm On Nov 27, 2022
SonofmanPikin:
Read Matthew 17:24-27. Jesus paid the Temple tax.
Jesus Christ lived His life as a Jew in submission to and obedience of God's Old Law of Moses in the Land of Canaan, and hence paid the tax as required by God's Law. undecided

The Old Law or Moses is in fact the National Constitution of the State of Israel which God gave to the people of Israel- Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 - and the Tithes, vows, sacrifices and offerings et all are all part and parcel of the Tax system He created as part of that Law. undecided

You are not a Jew living in the Nation of Israel where that Law is Constitution of, so what is your reason for paying tax according to that Law/Constitution? lipsrsealed
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by deebrownneymar: 6:11pm On Nov 27, 2022
unstoppable51:

Source: https://stm.com.ng/tithe-and-giving-in-the-new-testament/

Thanks for this.

Our pastors are more focused on tithes than salvation. It makes me wonder
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Kobojunkie: 6:14pm On Nov 27, 2022
ChinemeremFidel:
Kobojunkie please can you balance things here..

The way you twist the bible to suit your stint is what amazes me.
You are a good bible scholar but you are imbalanced.

Jesus actually paid the tax that was demanded from peter. Tax is the authority, a compulsory one for the growth and development of the country,,Jesus would never ask you evade tax,,its a sin,,it has nothing to do with tithing.

Tithing is not tax please..
The Old Law or Moses is in fact the National Constitution of the State of Israel which God gave to the people of Israel- Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 - and the Tithes, vows, sacrifices and offerings et all are all part and parcel of the Tax system He created as part of that Law. undecided

The reason most of you don't know this even though it has been in scripture scripture thousands of years is because you refuse to approach God on your own, submitting your minds and lives to the schemes and manipulations of men instead. undecided
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by ChinemeremFidel: 6:32pm On Nov 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The Old Law or Moses is in fact the National Constitution of the State of Israel which God gave to the people of Israel- Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 - and the Tithes, vows, sacrifices and offerings et alll are all part and parcel of the Tax system He created as part of that Law. undecided

The reason most of you don't know this even though it has been in scripture scripture thousands of years is because you refuse to approach God on your own, submitting your minds and lives to the schemes and manipulations of men instead. undecided

You are always beating around the bush..

What's your stance on tithing

I just made my opinion clear,,please summarise your stance if not don't quote me
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Deasegun19(m): 6:56pm On Nov 27, 2022
Good day everyone.
My prayer to escape poverty this year is for someone to buy motorcycle (okada) for me. I want to go into the transportation business.
I will sign any agreement (repayment schedule) .

My very being is tired. Please help me, I need an answer to this prayer. Thank you.

I am a private school teacher looking forward to go into transport biz.

my location is Omu-aran kwara.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On Nov 27, 2022
ChinemeremFidel:

You are always beating around the bush.. What's your stance on tithing

I just made my opinion clear,,please summarise your stance if not don't quote me
How can I be said to be beating about the bush when clearly what I assert is clear which is that you are wrong is claiming that tithing was not designed by God as part of what is a Tax system included in the Constitution of the Nation which He constituted of the Children of Israel? undecided

Do you think by introducing a red herring, a Fallacy, into this discourse, you make the fact that is God's Truth somehow of no meaning? undecided

Again, The Old Law or Moses is in fact the National Constitution of the State of Israel which God gave to the people of Israel- Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 - and the Tithes, vows,temple Tax, sacrifices and offerings et all are all part and parcel of the Tax system He created as part of that Law. undecided
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by lookingfly: 6:58pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jovialjune1:
Freezer is WRONG

It is specifically stated in the new testament that giving tithe is not a sin, instead Jesus condemned those that prefer to tithe when their heart is not pure and there are other weightier issues, HE specifically said "you cannot focus on one aspect and neglect the other"

Matthew 23:23 (KJV) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Luke 18:12 (KJV) I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

Hebrews 7:5-9 (KJV) And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

Jesus specifically said that HE did not come to abolish the LAW nor condemn it, but to fulfill it.
did Jesus tithed? This is a yes or no answer.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 27, 2022
lookingfly:
did Jesus tithed? This is a yes or no answer.

It is not a yes or no answer, because nowhere does it say he did not give tithe.

2 Likes

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by lookingfly: 7:21pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jovialjune1:

It is not a yes or no answer, because nowhere does it say he did not give tithe.
he paid tax and it was recorded, if he had paid tithe, it would have been recorded. If you dispute this fact, then show me where it was recorded he paid tithe?
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 27, 2022
lookingfly:
he paid tax and it was recorded, if he had paid tithe, it would have been recorded. If you dispute this fact, then show me where it was recorded he paid tithe?

You think everything that happened or Jesus did was recorded? Every single detail? LMAO

If he didn't pay tithe, he wouldn't have talked about and approved it, now show me where it was recorded that he didn't pay tithe?

2 Likes

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by delpee(f): 8:06pm On Nov 27, 2022
No need for arguments. It's not compulsory. No one can be jailed for not paying tithe. It's a matter of understanding, wisdom and choice.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by harlems02: 8:29pm On Nov 27, 2022
By Faith, we are seeds of Abraham and heir according to His promise.

If our Father Abraham paid tithes then why do we dispute it today? Tithing shouldn't be debated as children of God.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Kobojunkie: 8:33pm On Nov 27, 2022
delpee:
No need for arguments. It's not compulsory. No one can be jailed for not paying tithe. It's a matter of understanding, wisdom and choice.
The Old Law or Moses is in fact the National Constitution of the State of Israel which God gave to the people of Israel- Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 - and the Tithes, vows, sacrifices and offerings et all are all part and parcel of the Tax system He created as part of that Law. The reason most of you don't know this even though it has been in scripture scripture thousands of years is because you refuse to approach God on your own, submitting your minds and lives to the schemes and manipulations of men instead. undecided
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2022
harlems02:
1. By Faith, we are seeds of Abraham and heir according to His promise.

2. If our Father Abraham paid tithes then why do we dispute it today? Tithing shouldn't be debated as children of God.
1. That is a lie! undecided

2. Abraham is not your father and no where in His entire Gospels - not in all of scripture- did Jesus Christ promise you that by faith in Him you become a seed of Abraham. He came instead to call you for a Kingdom that is not of this world, nor the land promised to Abraham. undecided
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
A. Your money means absolutely nothing to God. So also your prayers if offered in disobedience of His teachings and commandments. Stop making gods of things which are of no meaning using God names to pretend such delusions are of value abeg. undecided

B. Nowhere is it written in scripture that Hannah received from God because she gave everything, do you realize that? undecided

C. Jesus Christ, through His many teachings and commandments, more than explained to you lot that it is not your giving that causes God to act but your obedience of God's Law to you that causes that. undecided

Look around you at the generations of givers who gave their all to your pastors and mogs, majority majority them dying in poverty as a result and their children after them also living in squalor as a result of the foolish decisions made by their parents to give to pastors and mogs. This describes the majority of your church goers to this day and will continue to for as long as this practice of teaching foolishness using God's name continues. undecided

HOW MUCH YOU DEY GIVE YOUR PASTOR THAT CAN FEED HIM AND HIS FAMILY AND ALSO PAY OR REPAIR OR BUILD THE CHURCH OR HIS BUSINESS OR SHOP AS YOU SAID?

that is what my argument is based on now

You are just going up and down, how much you dey give your pastor as an OFFERING SEF,WEY BE SAY IF YOU NO GIVE,HUNGER GO KILL AM? Tell me

And if your OFFERING AND TITHES PUT TOGETHER CAN'T BUY HIS DAILY BREAD OR BUY HIS SUITS OR EVEN THE MIC HE HOLDS TO PREACH, DEN KEEP IT AND LET'S SEE IF HE GOES HUNGRY....

MY PEOPLE PERISH FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE

DO WHAT YOU THINK IS RIGHT IN YOUR OWN EYES( UCHE ONYE ADIRO NJO)
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Kobojunkie: 9:45pm On Nov 27, 2022
Nwatachoba1:
1. HOW MUCH YOU DEY GIVE YOUR PASTOR THAT CAN FEED HIM AND HIS FAMILY AND ALSO PAY OR REPAIR OR BUILD THE CHURCH OR HIS BUSINESS OR SHOP AS YOU SAID? that is what my argument is based on now

2. You are just going up and down,

3. how much you dey give your pastor as an OFFERING SEF,WEY BE SAY IF YOU NO GIVE,HUNGER GO KILL AM? Tell me. And if your OFFERING AND TITHES PUT TOGETHER CAN'T BUY HIS DAILY BREAD OR BUY HIS SUITS OR EVEN THE MIC HE HOLDS TO PREACH, DEN KEEP IT AND LET'S SEE IF HE GOES HUNGRY....

4. MY PEOPLE PERISH FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE DO WHAT YOU THINK IS RIGHT IN YOUR OWN EYES( UCHE ONYE ADIRO NJO)
1. That is braindead logic, to begin with. By the time the scammer collects your $1, and that from others, he will of course have more than the individuals can boast of. That is the idea behind business sense, isn't it? It doesn't matter that you sell a product that costs $1 each, what matters is that by selling a huge volume of said product, you can become richer than all of your individual customers in no time at all. undecided

2. I am not the one going "up and down" here as you have instead been the sole thrower of red herrings in a desperate attempt to distract from the main issue. undecided

3. Your pastors and mogs are nothing but common businessmen, albeit their scam is such that they sell you lies using the name of God, and you pay for those lies via their tithe/offering/vowing schemes. Simple. You only need to use your head to figure this out. Otherwise, you are one of the pastors and mogs looking to scam people and are just miffed that your con is exposed here. undecided

4. If you have ever in fact read that passage using your own brain, you would have figured that what it in fact says is, "My people suffer for lack of knowledge of my commandments, God's Law", which happens to be precisely what those of you who submit your heads to the scheme of ordinary men who call themselves pastors and mogs are caged by ... you suffer needlessly because you lack knowledge of God's Law. undecided
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by lookingfly: 9:51pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jovialjune1:

You think everything that happened or Jesus did was recorded? Every single detail? LMAO

If he didn't pay tithe, he wouldn't have talked about and approved it, now show me where it was recorded that he didn't pay tithe?
so everything wasn't recorded but something as important as tithe wasn't recorded that Jesus paid or he's disciples paid? It's glaring you're the "my pastors says this is what the interpretation of this bible verse says" kind of person. You can't read the Bible for yourself. We won't give tithes because Jesus or he's disciple's never paid it. We would spend our money the way we like and give freely and not out of compulsion or guilt like you people do in your denomination. Jesus talking about tithing in the context of hypocrisy by the pharisee doesn't mean he paid.......it won't cost Jesus or he's disciples to expressly tell us in just one verse to pay tithe directly out of the many verses in the bible. This is due to one simple fact, tithing was outdated and not important. So no point over flogging a dead horse.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by MrColdsweat: 11:04pm On Nov 27, 2022
All I can say is, if fool no fool himself, wise man no go chop.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Cromagnon: 1:01am On Nov 28, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

The church will pay bills.

They have electricity, water, rent, transport, maintenance, laundry e.t.c

Why?
You just need a roof

If the members don’t fund, how will a church survive?

I am against tithing, but supporting the church is not a sin and it’s not mandatory.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by djmickymouse(m): 1:40am On Nov 28, 2022
Basicend:
If you truly encountered God and you are genuine follower of Jesus without having hope in anything else, then you will know that you must give a portion to your God to show love and sustain relationship.

Daddy Freeze reads bible like a story book and a deviated a lot of young ones astray. Check the fruits of freeze and all his steps till date, you will not see the seed of God in him. Be careful with such men. Personally get close to the holy spirit.

The scriptures was authored by the holy spirit and as God spake unto those men, so it is the spirit that can bring interpretation.

Tithing is not as important as your faith, mercy, love and justice as spoken by Jesus in Luke 11.42, but he required us to do it also. At least for the babes. If you get higher in God you will submit more than that.

I can't pay 10 percent of my earning to God and I have been running like that for more than 10 years and I earn less than 100k in Lagos. But God has been very faithful.

The last time I visited an hospital for any treatment, or even ordinary malaria was 2007 June and he has removed many leakages from my life process and entire family.

By Grace, God enabled me to set a pillar for my entire family and even clan.

I did this because I want to be just in my business and my place of work. I don't have any other hope than Jesus. I am a disciple.

The Standard of the new testament is that we should drop all at the feet of the master to become a disciple.

Peter said we have forsaken all followed thee what shall we have therefore. . Matt 19.27

The apostles(that Freeze usually refer to) shared all the had amongst themselves that was why they wrought signs in the measure and manner of Jesus.

I don't have a church. . But I am speaking as a witness and a seasoned intercessor. A man has to be broken, for God to elivate him.

A man that does not have Jesus in him cannot disciple any man coz Jesus is discipler. Paul said, follow me as I follow Christ.

Do you know how much followers of priests of darkness pay to as homage on a monthly basis to sustain their evil gods.

Just 10 percents, Christians will still be debating. . Be holy, they will still not want to hear, and they want to work in power. LOL.

Alms and lendings have their sperate place.

May God expand these things.

With this your long epistle I know say e get church wey you dey pastor, but you are a thief if you say tithing is as important as your FAITH!!! wtf? Tithing is a principle you can choose to key into or ignore it has nothing to do with your faith! Tithing can't take you to hell stop misleading people

1 Like

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 28, 2022
God is wonderful
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Piptocoin: 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. What authorities would that be? undecided

2. In God's Old Covenant Law - the National Constitution of the State of Israel - which God designed specifically for the state of Israel, Tithing is part and parcel of the Tax system in the Land. So also are the offerings, vows, sin offerings, etc. They are all of them a part of the Tax system God designed for the people to follow. undecided

You need to open your mind to read and understand God's Law for what it is in this. undecided

The governing authorities....state authorities, the authorities that wield judicial, legislative and executive powers of the state.

Tax? Seriously? Tax and tithes are not different according to you. Wow. I won't even have this discussion. A question, why was Cain's "tax" "rejected" while Abel's was accepted? Does that tell you that taxes, tithes, and offerings are one and the same thing?
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Kobojunkie: 4:47pm On Nov 28, 2022
Piptocoin:
1. The governing authorities....state authorities, the authorities that wield judicial, legislative and executive powers of the state.

2. Tax? Seriously? Tax and tithes are not different according to you. Wow. I won't even have this discussion.

3. A question, why was Cain's "tax" "rejected" while Abel's was accepted? Does that tell you that taxes, tithes, and offerings are one and the same thing?
1. I would like to suggest you take time to carefully read and process again the post you responded to(see below).

Those of you who pay tithes/taxes in the name of Jesus Christ deny yourselves sonship with God by your acts of disobedienceundecided
24 Jesus and his followers went to Capernaum. There the men who collect the two-drachma Temple tax came to Peter and asked, “Does your teacher pay the Temple tax?”
25 Peter answered, “Yes, he does.” Peter went into the house where Jesus was. Before Peter could speak, Jesus said to him, “The kings on the earth get different kinds of taxes from people. But who are those who pay the taxes? Are they the king’s children? Or do other people pay the taxes? What do you think?”
26 Peter answered, “The other people pay the taxes.” Jesus said, “Then the children of the king don’t have to pay taxes - Matthew 17 vs 24 - 26
As Jesus Christ made clear, the Children of God do not pay taxes/Tithe in His name. So, do we ignore Jesus Christ so we can instead follow the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) instead? undecided

2. Again, as part of God's Old Covenant Law - the National Constitution of the State of Israel - which God designed specifically for the state of Israel, Tithing is designed as a piece of the Tax system in the Land of Canaan. So also are the offerings, vows, sin offerings, Temple tax, etc., are all of them a part of the Tax system God designed for the people to follow. 

You need to open your mind to read and understand God's Law for what it is in this.  undecided

3. Were Cain and Abel part of the Nation of Israel that we should consider their offering a tax? undecided

Is it written anywhere in Genesis that God constituted even a tithing system in the case of Cain and Abel that you would think to deem such a question worth asking? undecided
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by unstoppable51(m): 7:48am On Jan 15, 2023
So much happening here
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:58am On Jan 15, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

It signifies faithfulness in the lives of God's people!

Nobody knows what an Israelite makes yearly in his or her business yet he must calculate all his expenditure with the capital invested then subtract his gain/profit this must be divided into ten places and a part he or she will bring to the Levites.

So it's impossible to ascertain if an Israelite is honest with this or not that's why it takes great faith on the part of the depositor!

But after Jesus established Christianity the rule changed {Hebrews 7:12} Christians aren't required to bring in tithes anymore because all of them are Levites spiritually speaking but yet they must pay their tithes to the High Priest (Christ Jesus) HOW?

Jesus commanded his disciples to make profits through the talent (knowledge) given to each of them {Matthew 25:15} with the knowledge they have each must preach and teach to increase the disciples of their master {Matthew 28:19-20} this is lot more difficult than the former tithe because each disciples must go out to preach and teach in his or her neighbourhood so there's no way a dubious person can hide without being noticed in his neighbourhood if he's one of Jesus' disciples unlike the former tithe that only required giving out materials things a disciple of Christ must prove to be blameless in his territory otherwise everyone will know him as they will be pointing fingers at him or her when he/she is preaching from house to house and door to door for Christ.

Today JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES are the one and only group practicing this tithe system that's why they must spend their time preaching and teaching in our neighborhood. Each making the best use of the TALENT the master gave them.

You may have been wondering why Jehovah's Witnesses always preach and teach as if they're forced to do it well it's because that's the one and only way we pay our TITHES to the master DIRECTLY. So it's left for any disciples what he or she will do with the TALENT (KNOWLEDGE) our Master Lord and King Christ Jesus gave him! Matthew 25:24-30

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Grace Perverted Gospel - Beware Of Joseph Prince. New Creation Church, Singapore / Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes / 'how T.b. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.