Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? (18630 Views)

New USSD For Offering And Tithe In Winners Chapel. See How Much I Paid. / Bishop Oyedepo: I Cart My Tithe In Trailer Loads To God / Daddy Freeze lays Curses On Pastors Who Will Collect Tithe In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Heterodox(m): 11:14am On Nov 27, 2022
If you're not a direct descendants of Isrealites, you have no business paying tithes

1 Like

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Krismas(m): 11:16am On Nov 27, 2022
sonmvayina:

Lol..this is laughable...

Because you keep bringing the Christian scriptures into Jewish community or scriptures as if they are related...

I don't really know where to address this your misleading comment..
grin Oh common indulge me. The Christian Faith thrived under several Roman emperor. At no time in history did the church of Jesus Christ operate independently of some state interference
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by CodeTemplar: 11:16am On Nov 27, 2022
Sunnyski:
There is no portion of the Bible in the New Testament that asks Christians to pay tithes.

Tithing was only done in the Old Testament and it was only meant for the priests (Levites) because they live and work in the temple as ordered by God.

There are many types of tithes in the Old Testament but those that are claiming to pay tithes are paying only one type lol.

Tithe is farm produce and not money as speculated by the men of belles.
It is your type who serve alcohol and suya in church as tithe.
Even when multiple instances of tithe endorsement was presented, you guys still pretend not to see.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by nocera(m): 11:17am On Nov 27, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
Jesus died for everything!

He does not need your money!

You can support God ministry with money, but it’s silting saying you giving God money while a mere man is spending it

True, God does not need "your money"....but His church needs it whilst it's still on earth.

You honour God when you give to His work on earth. It's nothing for God to be ashamed of.

... Isaiah 43:24 Thou hast bought me no sweet cane with money, neither hast thou filled me with the fat of thy sacrifices: but thou hast made me to serve with thy sins, thou hast wearied me with thine iniquities.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by nocera(m): 11:21am On Nov 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Those of you who pay tithes/taxes in the name of Jesus Christ deny yourselves sonship with God by your acts of disobedienceundecided
As Jesus Christ made clear, the Children of God do not pay taxes/Tithe in His name. So, do we ignore Jesus Christ so we can instead follow the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) instead? undecided

You have always contradicted yourself. Nothing anyone writes is acceptable to you – deputy Jesus. You claim to know scriptures but have never believed or agree to any scripture from the mouth of another person. Who are you, really?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Odingo1: 11:21am On Nov 27, 2022
Black man pastors extorting and ripping their members for private jets and exotic cars using tithing and other mind and brainwashing manipulations.

1 Like

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by bomly(f): 11:30am On Nov 27, 2022
Excellent explanation.

If you say no to Tithing, it's okay, just try both ways.

Loving God is about sacrifice which is the highest form of Love. If you cannot love God with common 10% of your money

You really should have a rethink.

Piptocoin:

True that God does not need anyone's money. You cannot make Him rich or richer even if you gave all you had to Him.

All the earth belongs to God. He is the Great Landlord. The money you make belongs to Him. The water, the sky, the sun, the stars, the moon, the gold, the silver, the natural resources, your very souls, everything you use to survive...all belong to Him. God is in His right when He demands a certain percentage of what you earn. It is not left to your charity. It is commanded.

Why would God say that you rob Him in tithes and offerings? You can only rob a person of something he or she is legally or duly entitled. The money you make belongs to Him, not you. He demands, not begs, a little part of it for His church. He wants His church to grow, to reach out to people with the gospel, to feed His servants who He has separated for the duty of preaching His Word, and to feed the poor, the helpless, the widows...young and old. If you think it is up to your decision to give or not then you are sorely mistaken. You have robbed God if you don't...and God is not someone you want to rob.

1 Like

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Sunnyski: 11:37am On Nov 27, 2022
CodeTemplar:

It is your type who serve alcohol and suya in church as tithe.
Even when multiple instances of tithe endorsement was presented, you guys still pretend not to see.

Tell me a portion in the New Testament that commanded us to pay tithes.

The ways of the sinner is always right in his eyes.

1 Like

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by sonmvayina(m): 11:45am On Nov 27, 2022
Krismas:
grin Oh common indulge me. The Christian Faith thrived under several Roman emperor. At no time in history did the church of Jesus Christ operate independently of some state interference

But it is a Roman thing.

It has got nothing to do with the Jews..

That's my point..
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by OkCornel(m): 11:58am On Nov 27, 2022
Jovialjune1:

During the time of old, possessions were seen as more valuable than money, trade by barter was very common then, we are in the 21st century, money is what we use and most valuable, but that doesn't mean possessions can't be collected as tithe, there are cases of people donating gifts to the church

So where did the Bible specifically say we cannot pay tithe with money? Pls show us if there is, because God gave us free will to discern right from wrong, good from evil, and if christians are to go by teachings and standard of the Bible and your thinking, nowhere does it say we should drive cars, nowhere does it say we should brush our teeth, nowhere does it say men should Barb their hair, nowhere does it say we should do family planning etc.

Please read Deuteronomy 14 v 22-26. God never requested for money as tithes. Never! Do you want to disobey God and do things your own way?

1) Did God ask for tithes to be paid in money?
2) Did God ask non-Israelites to tithe?
3) Did the Israelites ever tithe in exile away from the Land of Israel?
4) Did the Apostles ask the gentiles to tithe after the controversy in Acts 15?

2 Likes

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by solreb: 12:08pm On Nov 27, 2022
Personally, I think it is left for one to make his or her choice. However, such decision should be made on the fact that Jesus specifically warned that no part of the Word of God should be discounted. We all know he quoted old testament (Deuteronomy) verses when tempted just to give credence to the fact that old testament is forever relevant to believers.. And He never condemned paymemt of tithes too.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by pasuma(m): 12:26pm On Nov 27, 2022
Rob Buckingham
Click here to view Rob Buckingham’s profile
Rob Buckingham
Senior Minister, Bayside Church…
+ Follow

There’s a fascinating principle of interpreting and understanding Scripture that is one of the proofs of the Bible’s inspiration. It’s called the Law of first mention and it can be defined as follows: “The very first time any important word is mentioned in the Bible…Scripture gives that word its most complete and accurate meaning to not only serve as a "key" in understanding the word's Biblical concept, but to also provide a foundation for its fuller development in later parts of the Bible” (www.netbiblestudy.com)

The first mention of the tithe in the Bible is in Genesis 14 after Abram had rescued his Nephew Lot, “Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine; he was the priest of God Most High. And he blessed him and said: ‘Blessed be Abram of God Most High, possessor of heaven and earth; and blessed be God Most High, who has delivered your enemies into your hand.’ And he gave him a tithe of all.” (18-20).

The word “tithe” just pops up with absolutely no explanation at all. But did Abram just pluck this figure out of thin air? And, if so, why not 2% or 5% or 25%, why 10%?

According to Jewish sources (www.theonlinebibleschool.net) Shem (one of Noah’s sons) taught Abram to tithe. Abram was in Shem’s family line and Jewish tradition identifies Shem and Melchizedek as the same person. The Book of Jasher (which is quoted by Joshua and Samuel in the Hebrew Scriptures) records the fact that Shem had been Abraham's teacher, “And when Avram came out from the cave, he went to Noach and his son Shem, and he remained with them to learn the instruction of YHWH and his ways, and no man knew where Avram was, and Avram served Noach and Shem his son for a long time. And Avram was in Noach's house thirty-nine years, and Abram knew YHWH from three years old, and he went in the ways of YHWH until the day of his death, as Noach and his son Shem had taught him” (Jasher 9:5-6). Thus Abraham paid the tithe to Shem because Shem had been his personal teacher. The apostle Paul brings this truth into the New Covenant Scriptures, “The one who is taught the word is to share all good things with the one who teaches him” (Galatians 6:6). The context of this verse is the disciple giving material support to his or her teacher.

The influence of Shem’s teaching about God’s tithe is found among the earliest nations (family clans) after the Flood. Tithing was commonly practiced among Gentiles. It was a custom required by the earliest priest-kings and tithing was practiced in ancient nations even before the time of Abraham. Tithing was a universal act among the earliest nations. The money was used to maintain holy shrines and support the priests.

In Genesis 14 Abram was still a Gentile. Although he became Abraham and the first patriarch of the nation of Israel, his tithing was not a Jewish act at all; in fact this event was 430 years before the Law of Moses.

The Law of Moses adopted the principle of tithing and developed it. Under Moses there were three tithes:

The Lord’s tithe: 10% of gross income that went to support the priesthood and temple (Numbers 18:21).

The Family tithe: 10% of the 90% that was saved for the future support of the family (Deuteronomy 14:22-27).

The Poor tithe: every third family tithe was given to the poor (Deuteronomy 14:28-29).

It’s fascinating to note that 4% of the American population today is Jewish and yet they own 40% of the wealth. The reason being that many of them still practice tithing.

The principle of the tithe was then adopted by almost every ancient culture from Nebuchadnezzar's Babylonian empire to the temples of Apollo in Delphi and Athena in Athens, pre-Christian centers of worship collected tithes for their gods. Ancient cultures as different as the Greeks and Chinese—including the Arabians, Sicilians, Cretans, Phoenicians, Romans, Egyptians and Carthaginians—gave in ways mirroring the tithe.

Old Testament truth is still applicable to us today unless the New Testament presents truth that supersedes it. For example, Jesus cancelled the Old Testament food rules in Mark 7:17-19, but did not present truth that superseded tithing. In fact He endorsed it in Luke 11:42 & Matthew 23:23.

The New Testament actually increases the conditions of the law (read Jesus’ “Sermon on the Mount” in which He increased the definition of murder and adultery amongst other things). If a tenth was required under the law, no less than a tenth is required under grace. The final mention of tithing in the Bible (Hebrews 7) refers back to the first mention – to the story of Abram and Melchizedek. Here the writer relates this mysterious King-Priest to Jesus the eternal King-Priest. As Abram willingly paid tithes to Melchizedek we willingly pay tithes to Jesus.

In New Testament times the Eastern Church began tithing out of obligation because they believed Jesus' conversation with the rich young man demanded sacrificial generosity. Church fathers like Clement and Irenaeus encouraged the church to exceed the Old Testament tithe because Jesus had freed them from the Law. I agree! In my experience those who proclaim that tithing is not for today are usually using it as an excuse to give less or nothing at all.

It’s likely that teaching on tithing originated with God and was then adopted by various nations and individuals from that point on. It seems clear that teaching on giving and generosity occurred very early on in human history. Consider the story of Cain and Abel who brought an offering (first mention) to God. Who taught them to do that? And why did God look with favor on Abel and his offering, but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor? It had nothing to do with animal sacrifice. It appears that Cain’s offering was an after-thought and was probably insufficient. God says to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.” In some way Cain was disobedient to what God – and probably his parents – had taught him. God's displeasure with Cain's offering implies that Cain failed to meet some divinely revealed requirement.

Tithing is an ancient practice of giving 10% of a person’s increase in order to support to a certain person (a king or priest like Melchizedek) or an institution (like the priesthood or a sanctuary). The New Testament Scriptures make it abundantly clear that a church community has an obligation to meet the financial needs of its pastors – especially those whose work is preaching and teaching (1 Timothy 5:17-18; 1 Corinthians 9:7-12). Members of a local church have all the privileges of belonging to such a community but with all blessings come responsibilities and that includes financial support of that community. We have a responsibility to fund the spread of the gospel, to plant churches, to help the poor and to encourage justice. All of this takes a lot of hard work, and being generous with our time, energy and resources. It starts with the ancient practice of tithing! Have you started?

unstoppable51:

The passage you quoted is about Taxes, not Tithes. And here is the next verse after the one you quoted:

Mat 17:27 KJV Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

You can make your point without trying to twist scriptures to say what it didn't say. If we are to go buy by your logic, then Jesus later paid the tithe regardless of the motivation.

You see why you should never lift scriptures out of context to fit into your own beliefs? smiley

Blessings!

2 Likes

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Imstrong2(m): 12:26pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jovialjune1:
Freezer is WRONG

It is specifically stated in the new testament that giving tithe is not a sin, instead Jesus condemned those that prefer to tithe when their heart is not pure and there are other weightier issues, HE specifically said "you cannot focus on one aspect and neglect the other"

Matthew 23:23 (KJV) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Luke 18:12 (KJV) I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

Hebrews 7:5-9 (KJV) And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

Jesus specifically said that HE did not come to abolish the LAW nor condemn it, but to fulfill it.
SO IS OPTIONAL TO TITHE with no consequence for those that don't pay
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by kellyezekiel1997(m): 12:30pm On Nov 27, 2022
Before u start this debate, pls explain to me who are the Levi's ??

1 Like

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by CodeTemplar: 12:30pm On Nov 27, 2022
nocera:

You have always contradicted yourself. Nothing anyone writes is acceptable to you – deputy Jesus. You claim to know scriptures but have never believed or agree to any scripture from the mouth of another person. Who are you, really?
That guy is a mental case here. Always opposing whatever edifies, even if it mean him contradicting himself.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Krismas(m): 12:33pm On Nov 27, 2022
sonmvayina:

But it is a Roman thing.

It has got nothing to do with the Jews..

That's my point..
grin Tax is a Roman thing?
The Jews have been taxed all their lives! That’s were I started from b4 u choose to make a distinction btw Jew and Christian.
Tithe is different from tax. One is freewill the other is by force. By tithing, no Christian in Nigeria is cheating the government of any tax as GIVE TO CAESAR HIS DUE DOES NOT MEAN WITHHOLD FROM GOD HIS OWN DUE
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by llade(m): 12:35pm On Nov 27, 2022
smiley
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Imstrong2(m): 12:40pm On Nov 27, 2022
The poster mentioned or quoted Malachi
Malachi 3:8-11 (KJV) Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

AS BELIEVERS WE SHOULD VIEW THIS SCRIPTURE IN THE LIGHT OF CHRIST FINISHED WORK ON THE CROSS
In gal 3:13 Christ has delivered from the CURSE of the law being made a curse for us for it's written curse is anyone that hangs upon a tree
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 27, 2022
Religion is truly the opium of the masses! See how they defend their scammers. Tell me which Nigerian pastor is a Levi. Levi is a bloodline not gotten by anointing. They rather lift verses out of context, and when they lack headway, they falsely claim its working for them.
1) Your work is working for you.
2) The book of Malachi was not referring to you. Starting from Chap 2:1, it was explicitly referring to the priests who were robbing God of a 10th of the 10th.
3) Quoting Heb 7:5-9, is out of context. Read it down to 12.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by sonmvayina(m): 12:43pm On Nov 27, 2022
Krismas:
grin Tax is a Roman thing?
The Jews have been taxed all their lives! That’s were I started from b4 u choose to make a distinction btw Jew and Christian.
Tithe is different from tax. One is freewill the other is by force. By tithing, no Christian in Nigeria is cheating the government of any tax as GIVE TO CAESAR HIS DUE DOES NOT MEAN WITHHOLD FROM GOD HIS OWN DUE

The tax the Jews pay is called tithe...
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by solreb: 12:58pm On Nov 27, 2022
OkCornel:

Please read Deuteronomy 14 v 22-26. God never requested for money as tithes. Never! Do you want to disobey God and do things your own way?

1) Did God ask for tithes to be paid in money?
2) Did God ask non-Israelites to tithe?
3) Did the Israelites ever tithe in exile away from the Land of Israel?
4) Did the Apostles ask the gentiles to tithe after the controversy in Acts 15?
I want to agree with the person you quoted. None of four points you raised above apply. Tithe is simply a tenth of your income. Now you have the freewill to decide or not whether tithe applies to you. Now, the bottom line is that only God can decide who truly has obeyed him, however he has given us the Holy Spirit who will convict a true believer that errs so that he or she can make amends.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by ALFADOS(m): 1:06pm On Nov 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Those of you who pay tithes/taxes in the name of Jesus Christ deny yourselves sonship with God by your acts of disobedienceundecided
As Jesus Christ made clear, the Children of God do not pay taxes/Tithe in His name. So, do we ignore Jesus Christ so we can instead follow the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) instead? undecided
It's all scam
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Kormex: 1:09pm On Nov 27, 2022
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Pclemenza: 1:11pm On Nov 27, 2022
In this argument involving tithe, ever wondered why we have more churches springing up on a high just off the fact that they(pastors) now see the church as a business and a way to enrich one's life.

Like someone said earlier, heart with giving is more important than the Act of giving. Givers never lack but wisdom is there for direction. Don't just listen and digest all your pastors say, the scripture is there for you as a guide.

God blesses a cheerful giver. Have a blessed day.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Kormex: 1:11pm On Nov 27, 2022
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Tobechuckwu(m): 1:12pm On Nov 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:

So with all the knowledge u think u have, u are comparing tax to tithe?

Gal 3 vs 29 says if you be Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed nd heirs according to the promise.

Jesus Christ is also Abraham's seed nd every believers are called Abraham's seed, so if Abraham paid tithe, then I am his seed nd I will keep paying my tithe.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by desiredhome: 1:13pm On Nov 27, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

The church will pay bills.

They have electricity, water, rent, transport, maintenance, laundry e.t.c

If the members don’t fund, how will a church survive?

I am against tithing, but supporting the church is not a sin and it’s not mandatory.
Who send them?.......too much bills on the members making the members poorer........
Our God is not a wicked God.......

With the excess demands from the pastorprenours not for bills alone but for the welfare of the church (members) you
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Kormex: 1:14pm On Nov 27, 2022
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Tobechuckwu(m): 1:14pm On Nov 27, 2022
unstoppable51:

The passage you quoted is about Taxes, not Tithes. And here is the next verse after the one you quoted:

Mat 17:27 KJV Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

You can make your point without trying to twist scriptures to say what it didn't say. If we are to go buy by your logic, then Jesus later paid the tithe regardless of the motivation.

You see why you should never lift scriptures out of context to fit into your own beliefs? smiley

Blessings!

I have noticed the guy, he's like that .
He will twist scripture to suit his believe.

1 Like

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Pclemenza: 1:20pm On Nov 27, 2022
Another reason for this argument not coming to an end is because of how the "pastors" make this tithe seem like a do or die affair. Some go as far as threatenig your finances with statements to manipulate you to tithe. Giving to the church should not be mandatory, but it is important and should be done with a conviction within. Giving should be done voluntarily with be cheerful heart.

Salvation is there for all but you will pay the price to get it simply because we live in a world of sin.

I want to believe most people aren't after tithing or giving to the church but the manner it is being presented by ways of manipulative means.

Shalom
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Krismas(m): 1:25pm On Nov 27, 2022
sonmvayina:

The tax the Jews pay is called tithe...

grin U are as wrong as wrong can be
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by psgodwin: 1:30pm On Nov 27, 2022
unstoppable51:

Source: https://stm.com.ng/tithe-and-giving-in-the-new-testament/
Tithing was commanded under the Law of Moses, but the practice has been mentioned a few hundreds of years before the law of Moses as shown in the scriptures.

This was done by Abraham at first in his meeting with priest Melchizedek as he returns from a war he has just won.

Genesis 14:19-20 (KJV) And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:

And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

So, if tithing was first done by Abraham when the law was not yet given, who taught him tithe??

You don't give tithe, you pay tithe. You only give offerings. It's not a force to pay tithe but if you must pay it must be 10% or above as you wish but not below 10%. Half obedience is equal to no obedience at all...
What is the problem with you people and money sef? This is Why the bible say its difficult for some people to enter heaven. Because money has become their god. You think its only when you are rich? No! When it becomes a battle for you to serve God with what He has given (money) you, then it's the money that have you...it's not you that have the money.

Please leave the subject of tithe alone...It's not a convenient topic and its not meant for argument and debate. It's optional. If you feel you don't want to pay let those who are doing it do it....Instead of confusing yourselves the more! Jesus did not condem tithe neither did he abolish tithe rather it was the people's intention and motives of paying the tithe he condemned!

Can't you see the more we want to understand and interprete the scriptures with our own understanding, limited human reasoning and knowledge we delve into more confusion??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray / Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes / How Can One Know He Or She Has Emere/marine Spirit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.