Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party (34568 Views)

Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID / My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony / My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by sonofthunder: 12:03pm On Aug 08, 2022
Supreme145:
A close friend of mine invited me to a birthday party he threw for his girlfriend a couple of days ago. I initially declined the invitation but reluctantly agreed when the girl called me personally and pleaded with me to show up.

When it was time to get ready for the party, a peep into my wardrobe reminded me that I had no outing cloths. I hadn't gotten a new cloth for over 4 years. My sapa induced introverted nature somehow masked my need for new stuffs because I hardly go out. A sad reality hit me hard in the face... My two jeans and three tee shirts were badly worn out, no shoes either.

I shaa dressed up and left for the party. I immediately regretted my decision of honouring that invitation immediately I stepped into the venue. I looked so out of place... Guys were all dressed up in nice cloths and latest gadgets, I normally don't let those kinda stuffs bother me but I felt terrible that night.

I sat at a corner observing things till my friend's girlfriend came and yanked me off my seat to take pictures with some of her friends. A friend of hers used an iPhone with three cameras at the back to take the pictures, didn't know the model since both 12 and 13 looks similar.

I went and sat back at my corner till the photo guy came and offered to transfer some of the pictures to me... I hesitated because I knew I didn't want to see the pictures but the guy was persuasive so I gave in. If only I knew the embarrassment that was lying in wait for me.

We proceeded to connect to xender, that was when my antiquated camon CX air that I've been using since 2017 decided to show himself. My phone kept rebooting on its own endlessly till the guy got fed up and left. I was super embarrassed.

My friend still came today to transfer the same pictures to me but I objected vehemently because I looked miserable in all the pictures.
I codedly observed guys in my compound dressed up for church and Sunday outings and came to the conclusion that sapa has been my best friend for a really long while.

HAPPY SUNDAY

Try backing up your data, then flash your phone ..... It might help
Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by cayorday89(m): 12:04pm On Aug 08, 2022
freddie009:

This has been my problem. That's why I will rather be alone. Is not I'm dead poor but compared to where my mates are is not good enough.

Bro, you hit the nail on the head. You are talking to me. Even when my friends try to reach out, I deliberately avoid them.
Now I know I am not alone... Yes, I can't count number of missed calls I did not return as I carelessly drop my small phone that contains my main sim and when I see it, the ginger to return those calls become wahala.
Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Themandator: 12:06pm On Aug 08, 2022
squash47:
I can relate. It's not only SAPA that does these things to people Sha, sometimes it's a product of high isolation.
Most times, we need to move out and mix up with people....

Join clubs or associations that forces out and about..
My forums has made me travel to states and villages I don't think if in this year alone

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 08, 2022
squash47:
I can relate. It's not only SAPA that does these things to people Sha, sometimes it's a product of high isolation.

How him wan get connected when he dey isoltae himself? undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by zed7: 12:12pm On Aug 08, 2022
Most people na packaging them dey. You can always buy first grade used okrika at a decent price. There are Android phones you can easily get for 30k and above, though used.

Just try and stay positive and realise that the outward is also very important in determining how the inward will feel. Try and always look presentable. Keep your chin up!

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by RockhouseCafe: 12:13pm On Aug 08, 2022
Starwriters:
What is sapa please?

An acronym for severe and acute poverty. Can remember exactly the full meaning but the s is for severe and p, poverty.
Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by RockhouseCafe: 12:16pm On Aug 08, 2022
sultaan:
For those not versed new lingo, what is sapa?

An acronym for severe and acute poverty. Can remember exactly the full meaning but the s is for severe and p, poverty.
Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Oturatetuala(m): 12:22pm On Aug 08, 2022
Keep your head and put your chest down. Better days coming soon.

The wey sapa dey rock people boat eh, no be moimoi o.
Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Jesuslovesyou1: 12:36pm On Aug 08, 2022
Don't dispise the days of your little beginning.
Time will come when you will remember this day and be grateful to God.
Just try to be socializing with people
Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by belcom10(m): 12:36pm On Aug 08, 2022
Very true, Just this Sunday I notice some of my trouser is not sizing me again. No be sapa o but the point you gave.

squash47:

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:40pm On Aug 08, 2022
Blupen:
You even have a ps5 you must come from a rich family

Rich family ke!!!!
Lol
Am Just a hustler bro who want nice things for himself.
Things my parents can’t afford when growing up.
Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Blackman101: 12:47pm On Aug 08, 2022
you need friend and you will have those that will accept you for you.

My brother be yourself and have a peace of mind.
Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 08, 2022
How To Access The Wisdom Of God.

Apostle Joshua Selman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DTZK2oJw1k
Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Blupen(m): 12:51pm On Aug 08, 2022
kunkelhanspeter:

Rich family ke!!!! Lol Am Just a hustler bro who want nice things for himself. Things my parents can’t afford when growing up.

I understand you perfectly bro On God...

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 08, 2022
Like someone said here, keep your head up.
Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 08, 2022
anochuko01:

Y'all should stfu!
Firstly, there's no single sign of empathy in your long epistle, and that's a huge red flag.

Secondly, there's absolutely no way you'll always be 100% confident or happy when things aren't going your way. There'll always be moments when you question and doubt yourself, and today is one of those days for the OP.

Many of you don't have good sense of judgement, just quick to talk and reply. All the guy needs are real words of encouragement, and not all these text book motivation.
you've said it all brother.
Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by prciouschika(f): 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2022
Starwriters:
What is sapa please?

Sapa means no money at hand, bank or been broke
Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by donMIG(m): 1:12pm On Aug 08, 2022
Na laziness dei do u notin else!!!
U never c notin guy!

Just dei blow big grammar n u no get moni
I no feel one pity for u I swear
U never b man yet

No mata wat...I must go hustle ...unless I no well

This one dei type shi hia upandan
U never c notin...

GO N HUSTLE!!!
No come here dei shout say u dei c life
I no get bar enof...but if I wan baff I go baff...WIC one b only 2 jean n 3 polos ...that talk pain me say ....grown as guy no fit buy clothes...
Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Nawttiboi007(m): 1:21pm On Aug 08, 2022
Listen to “Common person” Burna Boy and spark up ur life bro ⚡️
Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by superCleanworks(m): 1:27pm On Aug 08, 2022
squash47:

thumbs up for you bro.
he just came out of his cave and realized the world has been rotating with or without him.
I might not have one naira but you will never ever know cos packaging dey cover many things.

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by donogaga(m): 1:28pm On Aug 08, 2022
Supreme145:
A close friend of mine invited me to a birthday party he threw for his girlfriend a couple of days ago. I initially declined the invitation but reluctantly agreed when the girl called me personally and pleaded with me to show up.

When it was time to get ready for the party, a peep into my wardrobe reminded me that I had no outing cloths. I hadn't gotten a new cloth for over 4 years. My sapa induced introverted nature somehow masked my need for new stuffs because I hardly go out. A sad reality hit me hard in the face... My two jeans and three tee shirts were badly worn out, no shoes either.

I shaa dressed up and left for the party. I immediately regretted my decision of honouring that invitation immediately I stepped into the venue. I looked so out of place... Guys were all dressed up in nice cloths and latest gadgets, I normally don't let those kinda stuffs bother me but I felt terrible that night.

I sat at a corner observing things till my friend's girlfriend came and yanked me off my seat to take pictures with some of her friends. A friend of hers used an iPhone with three cameras at the back to take the pictures, didn't know the model since both 12 and 13 looks similar.

I went and sat back at my corner till the photo guy came and offered to transfer some of the pictures to me... I hesitated because I knew I didn't want to see the pictures but the guy was persuasive so I gave in. If only I knew the embarrassment that was lying in wait for me.

We proceeded to connect to xender, that was when my antiquated camon CX air that I've been using since 2017 decided to show himself. My phone kept rebooting on its own endlessly till the guy got fed up and left. I was super embarrassed.

My friend still came today to transfer the same pictures to me but I objected vehemently because I looked miserable in all the pictures.
I codedly observed guys in my compound dressed up for church and Sunday outings and came to the conclusion that sapa has been my best friend for a really long while.

HAPPY SUNDAY

Keep your head up bro. The table will soon turn. I assure you that.

That's life for you.
Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Neyoohpompy(m): 1:41pm On Aug 08, 2022
Join this trading group and get a life coaching and be financially free….it is on telegram and i can assure you of atleast $500 a week

https:///tradingprofutures
Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Atolu01: 1:59pm On Aug 08, 2022
Sha keep your most likely insecure and damaged, maybe low self-esteemed self away from healthy, naive girls. Face the women responsible for your poverty and transfer any aggression you may have on the appropriately deserving parties. I have no empathy. obeyian oshi.
Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Connected1: 2:12pm On Aug 08, 2022
Kokaine:

Bro dont complain. God knows your kidneys are still working. I had ulcer for the first time in my life three days ago and since then nothing matters to me again more than good health. Pain is no joke. Yet people are going through the pains of dialysis and failed internal organs. Be grateful!
Same here

I did a general test 3 weeks ago and I was told I have ulcer, mehn I haven't been myself since then coupled with other things bothering my mind, it's as if I am depressed but I sure know I am not.
Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Kokaine(m): 2:17pm On Aug 08, 2022
Connected1:

Same here

I did a general test 3 weeks ago and I was told I have ulcer, mehn I haven't been myself since then coupled with other things bothering my mind, it's as if I am depressed but I sure know I am not.
What drug have you been taking?
Someone even had to offer me a native medicine which i turned down because i dont know what it is. The chest pain and upper belly pain is terrible. But please try to relax. My doctor said its stress induced ulcer. Dont let anything bother you at this point. You need your health now more than anything else.
Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Munzy14(m): 2:21pm On Aug 08, 2022
Supreme145:

HAPPY SUNDAY

Hahahahahaha you really cracked me up with the ending part..

I think your mind is playing games on you plus the fact you Isolated yourself from happenings...wow!

This is the result needed to redirect your focus before you begin to carry last without hope.

Even with your few clothes..just maintain neatness and well ironed..go out mingle and get the updates of happenings..in essence, socilalize a bit.

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Connected1: 2:22pm On Aug 08, 2022
Kokaine:

What drug have you been taking?
Someone even had to offer me a native medicine which i turned down because i dont know what it is. The chest pain and upper belly pain is terrible. But please try to relax. My doctor said its stress induced ulcer. Dont let anything bother you at this point. You need your health now more than anything else.
Yeah same thing I was told but funny enough I am still going through same stress.

Making it legally in this country is so difficult, putting up with all these hustles here and there can be so demanding and stress induced.
The Doctor said I should deworm every week for atleast 3 months while some native women said I should drink the light top of palm oil every morning before I eat and before I go to bed.

I have been trying my best to reduce these stresses.

2 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by anonimi: 2:37pm On Aug 08, 2022
Kokaine:
you know what can take that feeling off? Volunteer to work for free in hospitals. In your seclusion times, volunteer to visit prisons and donate some clothes you call rags, follow people randomly to the graveyards to bury their loved ones and know that you could be next to be burried on a day you dont know.
That way, you could be in any gathering wearing or holding anything and still keep your head high in dignity.

Thanks for sharing so much wisdom.
Stay blessed boss.

2 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Kokaine(m): 2:39pm On Aug 08, 2022
Connected1:

Yeah same thing I was told but funny enough I am still going through same stress.

Making it legally in this country is so difficult, putting up with all these hustles here and there can be so demanding and stress induced.
The Doctor said I should deworm every week for atleast 3 months while some native women said I should drink the light top of palm oil every morning before I eat and before I go to bed.

I have trying my best to reduce these stresses.
You live in lagos? The traffic alone? I understand. But please still try to relax. Put off phone at night and sleep. The stress level in this country is very high. The country is very frustrating and makes our best efforts not even enough to make us blame unworthy. The dollar rise and high cost of living with low patronage keeps you thinking and working long hard hours. Not like the travelling abroad is even cheap. But in everything you still need to rest. We are only humans and we pray for a better situation in this country.
Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by BluntCrazeMan: 3:19pm On Aug 08, 2022
Supreme145:

HAPPY SUNDAY

You just made me laugh well well
Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Iyasaburi: 3:43pm On Aug 08, 2022
Supreme145:

Lamao... I don't have any inferiority complex, I never noticed all those till I went for the party. On a norms those stuffs don't really bother me

But you are poor. If you had have money, you would have gotten yourself a nice moderate wardrobe
Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:00pm On Aug 08, 2022
anochuko01:
if that's your opinion, then you're not emotionally intelligent. Just full of words.
You may not be as smart as you think.

But it's fine sha.

life is about being content with what you have, and this has absolutely NOTHING to do with emotional intelligence.
the majority of Nigerians are bitter/jealous people who'd rather envy their neighbor with a big car/house etc instead of value their humble life. no wonder so many deluded people are easily becoming criminals.

the OP has a great life WITHOUT IPHONE 13 and FANCY ATTIRE.....the minute he stops focussing on what others possess, thats when he will finally get it! anyone who values their life upon what strangers possess are royally DOOMED and will never be satisfied in life!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Does One Ileya Ram Cost In Your Area? / Skate Wedding Gone Wrong: Groom Falls On Bride While Trying To Skate With Her / Lawal David's Wife, Agnes David Surprises Him With Birthday Party In Abuja (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.