Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,879 members, 7,862,960 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:51 AM

Using My Fiancé’s Phone Without His Consent - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Using My Fiancé’s Phone Without His Consent (270 Views)

How Ladies Give My Fiancé 'Green Light' In My Presence, Not Minding My Ring / My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? / My Fiancé’s Cousin Saw Me Naked.. He Started Calling Me Sweetheart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using My Fiancé’s Phone Without His Consent by belladonna18: 11:16pm On Aug 08, 2022
Hello nairalanders!
Please I’d really need your advice on this and I’d appreciate if there’d be no insults.

My fiancé called to tell me he wants me to come visit him and I agreed to,after all I’m my own boss.

I got to his house and met only his friend at home.Before that day,my fiancé’s brother had travelled out of the country with his family, gifting him a lot of things.

Although,I wasn’t available to go with them to the airport because of my business. So then his friend, whom I met at home alone, was just jokingly telling me about the phone and other gifts given to my fiancé.

He then added that since I do not have a good phone at the moment,I should hold on to the one the brother gave my fiancé.

I as a person do not know how to request from my fiancé when I’m in need. I do everything myself, including my hair, clothings, even sub amongst many others. I really m the shy type. I have an independent nature.

His friend gave me the phone, it’s still looking neat and new since the brother didn’t use it for long.

When my fiancé got back,I couldn’t tell him because I felt he might not let me have it, besides, his friend already told me not to tell him until I get back to my apartment

I did as his friend said.i believe he was after my interest. His friend left shortly after my fiancé got back and I left a while later.

When I got back to my apartment,I called him to tell him his phone was with me so he shouldn’t go through the stress of looking for it. And besides he shouldn’t blame his friend because of that.

He has two phones excluding the one I took from him.i have a phone which needs replacement.
Please, was the step I took wrong or should I just return the phone to him?

Please, note that it’s the first time I’ll be getting something from him since we’ve been dating.

I will appreciate your advice without insults please.
Re: Using My Fiancé’s Phone Without His Consent by elmagnifico411(m): 11:23pm On Aug 08, 2022
What was his reply when u told him on phone? I think, since you're your own boss, you should be able to get yourself a phone.

On the other hand, he could be think of giving it to u already since he's got 2 phone for himself. So, i think u shouldn't have taken the friend's advice. U shoulda asked him before taking it.. This someone that wants to marry u.

1 Like

Re: Using My Fiancé’s Phone Without His Consent by 3Dii: 11:31pm On Aug 08, 2022
Na una type wen be say, if dem serve una breakfast, una go poison the person, because another person told you to. You're an adult, an you can think for yourself. Did you ask yourself whether what you were doing was right before you took the phone? You are exhibiting red flags without knowing. And don't come crying to us later, that he broke up with you. Take heed!

1 Like

Re: Using My Fiancé’s Phone Without His Consent by 3Dii: 11:31pm On Aug 08, 2022
Re: Using My Fiancé’s Phone Without His Consent by SamJed(m): 1:03am On Aug 09, 2022
Think of it this way...someone kept something for me and you happen to get hold of it before it gets to me...now instead of you giving me, you decide to take it away from me...do you really think I will be happy when I later find out?

Besides, that is entitlement mentality. Learn to ask for something if you want it. If the person refuses, then so be it. Don't seize or take someone's thing assuming that the person will not need it or because he or she can buy another one.

Sister learn to ask if you really need something. Communicate....he is your fiance not a random person. Don't spoil your relationship because of entitlement and yet you will still be claiming boss of your own...miss independent.

Trust me, he may not show it now, or he may just smile and allow you have it but in future, he will hide stuff from you because he knows that once you see it you will take it from him.

(1) (Reply)

I Have Got Enough Of The Ringingtones / A Touch Of Heaven / 10 Signs Your Relationship Is Unbreakable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.