Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob (21902 Views)

Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe / Drama As Deputy Speaker, Kalu Threatens Solomon Bob With Suspension / I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by Islie: 10:43am On Aug 09, 2022
The lawmaker said Mr Wike never wanted to be Atiku’s running mate.

Disinformation triggered the rift between Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party and Nyesom Wike, the Rivers State governor, a member of the House of Representatives, has said.

Solomon Bob, who represents Rivers State in the lower chamber of the National Assembly, said the disinformation put out by “Atiku’s men” before and after the party’s primary contributed to the crisis that rocked the party.

Some of these lies, he said, included the claim that the governor was unsatisfied with results of the party’s primary and also wanted to be named the running mate of the presidential candidate.

He said the disinformation was put out to “pull down Wike and elevate the candidate – who already has a huge profile and an election to win.”

He made these comments during an interview with Channels TV on Monday.

He was reacting to the crisis that has hit the party in recent weeks and efforts made by all players towards reconciling aggrieved members.

Mr Wike fell out with the party leadership since losing the primary election to Atiku in June. PREMIUM TIMES reported how Mr Wike failed to congratulate the Delta State governor, Ifeanyi Okowa Okowa, who was named the party’s vice-presidential candidate.

He also rebuffed attempts by Atiku and his team to meet with him.

He only recently agreed to a meeting on the condition that the party’s chairman, Iyorchia Ayu, would resign and the National Working Committee would be reshuffled.

Although the two men have taken steps towards reconciliation by meeting physically, Mr Bon said had Mr Atiku’s men not spread lies and degrading comments about Mr Wike, the matter would not have degenerated.

Reports that he (Wike) is aggrieved with the party and was not picked as running mate is false,” he explained.

The governor never wanted to be running mate to Atiku,” he said. “He never asked for it and never lobbied for it. That is the truth they won’t tell you. It was like a deliberate attempt to demystify and denigrate him.”

The lawmaker further said that all Mr Wike wanted was to be president because he had a workable plan of action for the country.

Mr Bon also blamed some party chieftains for spreading the lies.

“Atiku’s front men were all over the place making all kinds of derogatory comments…I found some of these things offensive and appalling.”

The whole thing, he said, started with “lack of good faith”.

He also said Mr Wike “never said anything about being unhappy with Atiku’s emergence” and has no reason not to support Atiku.

A former spokesperson for the PDP campaign organisation, Phrank Shuaib, who was also on the programme, said the crisis in the party is all politics and “nothing too much to handle.”

He, however, pushed back Mr Bon’s comments, saying Atiku never sent people to denigrate the Rivers State governor.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/547684-2023-how-rift-between-wike-atiku-started-lawmaker.html

2 Shares

Re: How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by God1000(m): 10:45am On Aug 09, 2022
Their problem i

8 Likes

Re: How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by Honjoshy4u: 10:53am On Aug 09, 2022
Wike's problem is his mouth.
Let him listen to voice of reasoning and do the needful. Any mistake will cost him his political career. Ask Akpabio

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by fiizznation: 11:01am On Aug 09, 2022
I'm seeing this Obi campaign adverts everywhere on nairaland. Lol,
some people will be sooo disappointed in February.

No matter how popular you think you are amongst the youths, the gigantic social media noise won't turn to real votes when the election starts.

You want to be president but your party doesn't have any structure on ground. Funny

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by donaldking100: 11:16am On Aug 09, 2022
fiizznation:

No matter how popular you think you are amongst the youths, the gigantic social media noise won't turn to real votes when the election starts.

You want to be president but your party doesn't have any structure on ground. Funny

Structure kee you there.
Emilokan Emilokan.
Baba wey no well e dey shout Emilokan.
Hand de shake, Leg de shake.
Baba wey no well e dey shout Emilokan.

304 Likes 23 Shares

Re: How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by Sunofgod(m): 11:51am On Aug 09, 2022
Wike is too hot tempered....

1 Like

Re: How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by fasho01(m): 11:51am On Aug 09, 2022
Their rift, their problem
Re: How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by kingamaa(m): 11:52am On Aug 09, 2022
Correct the misinformation and mend fences and move on
Re: How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by Sancheez4(m): 11:53am On Aug 09, 2022
Omo nah dem sabi o
Re: How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by Babaflenjor: 11:54am On Aug 09, 2022
Ok
Re: How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by adigun4mee(m): 11:54am On Aug 09, 2022
Wike is gradually losing it

2 Likes

Re: How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by omoredia: 11:54am On Aug 09, 2022
“But if you refuse to obey me and won’t observe my commandments, despising my decrees and holding my laws in contempt by your disobedience, making a shambles of my covenant, I’ll step in and pour on the trouble: debilitating disease, high fevers, blindness, your life leaking out bit by bit. You’ll plant seed but your enemies will eat the crops. I’ll turn my back on you and stand by while your enemies defeat you. People who hate you will govern you. You’ll run scared even when there’s no one chasing you.
Leviticus 26:14‭-‬17 MSG
Re: How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by Bmaster(m): 11:54am On Aug 09, 2022
donaldking100:

Structure kee you there.
seconded.

2 Likes

Re: How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by onatisi(m): 11:55am On Aug 09, 2022
they will settle their difference, wike is going nowhere and it is to his own advantage if he stays and ensures that PDP wins and APC loses.
atiku on the other hand too needs rivers state votes, therefore he needs wike. they will both work together, reach a compromise and settle each other, na normal pdp family issues
Re: How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:55am On Aug 09, 2022
fiizznation:

And you are this bothered?

8 Likes

Re: How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by atinga1: 11:55am On Aug 09, 2022
Wike is bitter.
Re: How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by Chiedu4Trump: 11:56am On Aug 09, 2022
After Buhari the Niger Republic man, we need a Nigerian & not a man from Cameroon who is corrupt.

Wike is a Nigerian, that we know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by bigdammyj: 11:56am On Aug 09, 2022
Okay.
Re: How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by Resolve2018: 11:56am On Aug 09, 2022
Self interest. Mtcheewww
Re: How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by DeltaOil: 11:57am On Aug 09, 2022
Who is Atiku ?

2 Likes

Re: How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by etrouble: 11:57am On Aug 09, 2022
Who asked you?
Re: How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by NaijaMutant(f): 11:58am On Aug 09, 2022
All things are working together for Obi's good

God's anointed

2 Likes

Re: How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by Marvieduke(f): 11:58am On Aug 09, 2022
Their problem not mine.
Re: How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by DevilSignature: 11:58am On Aug 09, 2022
cheesy
Re: How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by lifeandjoy: 11:59am On Aug 09, 2022
fiizznation:

Our structureless movement is giving you sleepless nights. grin

5 Likes

Re: How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob by DeltaOil: 11:59am On Aug 09, 2022
etrouble:
Who asked you?

we did, we need to know who he is & if he is a nigerian.

Chiedu4Trump:
After Buhari the Niger Republic man, we need a Nigerian & not a man from Cameroon who is corrupt.
Wike is a Nigerian, that we know.
Yes Atiku is from Cameroon.
We dont want somebody to tax Nigerians & spend it in cameroon like Buhari is doing with Niger Republic

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks Village, Kills People, Burns Entire Village On Christmas / Peter Obi Hails Tinubu For Adopting Oronsanye Report / Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.