Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe (24107 Views)

How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob / 2019: EU, US, UK & Saudi Arabia Ask Buhari Not To Contest; APC Considers Kingibe / Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by fergie001: 9:45pm On Jan 21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSQRwUw80DU
Rising Insecurity in Abuja:
Excerpts of Seun Okinbaloye's interview with Ireti Heebah Kingibe, Senator representing the FCT

Sen. Kingibe: I even took it up at the highest echelon of Government because I know that these things are really happening. I have lived in the FCT since 1988 and I can see how insecure it's become but there are certain issues we need to address.

Part of the problem I must say is that there is a big disconnect between the Minister of the FCT and elected officials. I will be specific, the House of Reps member and myself.

The truth of the matter is that the Minister is new to the territory. We are the ones that have historical knowledge of the whole area and it is imperative we work together. If we don't work together, that's what exactly is happening.

Seun Okin (cuts in): Does the Minister of the FCT listen to you, as the political representative elected by the people?

Sen. Kingibe: I have never met the Minister until he came for appropriation. I have reached out to him several times. The Minister for some reason thinks Senator Aduda (ex-Senator of the FCT) is still the Senator, unfortunately that's not the case.

I have written him one or two letters, I have Whatsapp messages sent to him, and I didn't get a response.

Sen Kingibe: I thank the Security Agencies for doing something when we started to scream but the truth is that a little bit earlier I tried to draw their attention and I was told that it was exaggerated.

Seun Okin: How do you plan to defend the people of the FCT whom you represent at the NASS?

Sen. Kingibe: I am only a Senator but it is the job of Wike, the FCT minister, but as far as he's concerned, they're no elected reps of the FCT. That's the issue. But we'll invite him when the NASS resumes to tell us his plans for protecting the FCT. Whether or not he responds is a different matter entirely.

On the root cause of the worsening state of insecurity in the FCT, Senator Ireti said'' I would say without exaggerating that maybe a quarter of the Police Force are guarding VIP, which is not their primary function.''

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Malroux: 9:47pm On Jan 21
Wike is an empty barrel. All talks and no action.

141 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by jkpbestseries: 9:48pm On Jan 21
E bi like dis woman go finally marry wike, she too dey talk about wike

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Kionrae: 9:57pm On Jan 21
K
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Zeebuy: 9:57pm On Jan 21
APC has totally wrecked this country

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by FitCorper: 9:57pm On Jan 21
Make una no go vex Wike o. E don de observe all of una and when e go strike I hope u all will be able to handle it.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by DrChukki: 9:57pm On Jan 21
I hope this insecurity is not a strategy they want to use to remove Wike?

I'm not Wike fan, but since some people think Abuja is their right, then I supported Wike appointment

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Chikeluba25(m): 9:58pm On Jan 21
Ok
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by money121(m): 9:58pm On Jan 21
Ok
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Marvieduke(f): 9:58pm On Jan 21
The collabo of with wike and Phillip Aduda is showing out.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Anguldi(m): 9:59pm On Jan 21
Fire on the mountain tongue Tinubu ain't firing Wike undecided

I have never met the Minister until he came for appropriation. I have reached out to him several times. The Minister for some reason thinks Senator Aduda (ex-Senator of the FCT) is still the Senator, unfortunately that's not the case.

I have written him one or two letters, I have Whatsapp messages sent to him, and I didn't get a response.

This allegation loud oOoOO

10 Likes

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by nony43(m): 9:59pm On Jan 21
B
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by ravensckar(m): 9:59pm On Jan 21
Every passing day, it's becoming obvious that the insecurity issue that is bedevilling Abuja is politically motivated. Tinubu appointed Ribadu (an ex-police officer) as a National Security Adviser. This has never happened before, that position is always occupied by military men. Secondly, he appointed a Southerner (Wike of all people) as a minister of FCT. Anyone with functioning brain cells would see that the President is daring the North and they will show him. My only concern is the citizens that will be caught in the cross fire because where two Elephants fight, it's the grass that suffers.

Mr. President, this is not Lagos where you have absolute control. Your government should be one of inclusiveness and not divisiveness. We've long suffered misrule and cannot afford to see you fail. Please apply a 'political solution' to this problem. Nowhistanding, all those who are responsible for the current spate of kidnappings must be brought to book.

#We_No_Go_Gree_For_Insecurity

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by highchief1: 9:59pm On Jan 21
Malroux:
Wike is an empty barrel. All talks and no action.
double barrel.happy Sunday.

8 Likes

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by akpumping7720(m): 10:00pm On Jan 21
It is well

1 Like

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by akpumping7720(m): 10:00pm On Jan 21
nony43:
B
B for ball

2 Likes

Marvieduke:
H
H for house

1 Like

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Malroux: 10:00pm On Jan 21
highchief1:
double barrel.happy Sunday.
Same to you.

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Righthussle: 10:00pm On Jan 21
Is That why there's insecurity in Abuja ?

11 Likes

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by idris4r83(m): 10:00pm On Jan 21
Wike still thinks he's the governor of rivers

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Rayd502(m): 10:01pm On Jan 21
I see Aduda going around with Wike to every public event or inspection.,then I knew Wike doesn't have regard for the incumbent Senator representing Abuja.

It can be inferred that Aduda with Wike"s support will make a come back in 2027.She had better up the ante to stand a chance to win the next cycle of elections.

Coz it is clear that Wike no send these Labour Party officials.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by ribbit: 10:01pm On Jan 21
Whether they like it or not, wike will finish 8 years as fct minister.

Abuja is for everyone, not just northerners.

One of the reasons Jonah was clueless. He supposed to have made southerner fct minister, all this shenanigans would have been dealt with.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by fatherjesse(m): 10:01pm On Jan 21
Wike is disconnected from anyone that has sense

7 Likes

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by cenaman(m): 10:01pm On Jan 21
Hell rufai, Tilumbu and Buhari are terrorist

6 Likes

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by AbuAeesha: 10:01pm On Jan 21
This woman seems to be blunt with the Truth.
Nice one 👍

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by blueghost(m): 10:02pm On Jan 21
Wicked Wike grin
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Lannyjoe4u: 10:02pm On Jan 21
Clash of titans
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by dejonathan(f): 10:02pm On Jan 21
On the root cause of the worsening state of insecurity in the FCT, Senator Ireti said'' I would say without exaggerating that maybe a quarter of the Police Force are guarding VIP, which is not their primary function.''
Na wetin dey cause wahala gangan be this...

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by honestivo(m): 10:03pm On Jan 21
Wike doesn't have the charisma to be the FCT minister, The president should give him another ministry, again Wike is always in Rivers state fighting for political structure he can't concentrate

18 Likes

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Ororocelemi(m): 10:03pm On Jan 21
Is he saying due to the disconnect some government officials are funding the insecurities happening in FCT.
Lives have been wasted here, what rubbish! Playing chess with human lives.
If you guys don't like Wike then deal with him directly na, nobody even likes Wike in the whole federation.
APC such a devilish party tueh! *Spits*

fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSQRwUw80DU
Rising Insecurity in Abuja:
Excerpts of Seun Okinbaloye's interview with Ireti Heebah Kingibe, Senator representing the FCT

Sen. Kingibe: I even took it up at the highest echelon of Government because I know that these things are really happening. I have lived in the FCT since 1988 and I can see how insecure it's become but there are certain issues we need to address.

Part of the problem I must say is that there is a big disconnect between the Minister of the FCT and elected officials. I will be specific, the House of Reps member and myself.

The truth of the matter is that the Minister is new to the territory. We are the ones that have historical knowledge of the whole area and it is imperative we work together. If we don't work together, that's what exactly is happening.

Seun Okin (cuts in): Does the Minister of the FCT listen to you, as the political representative elected by the people?

Sen. Kingibe: I have never met the Minister until he came for appropriation. I have reached out to him several times. The Minister for some reason thinks Senator Aduda (ex-Senator of the FCT) is still the Senator, unfortunately that's not the case.

Sen Kingibe: I thank the Security Agencies for doing something when we started to scream but the truth is that a little bit earlier I tried to draw their attention and I was told that it was exaggerated.

Seun Okin: How do you plan to defend the people of the FCT whom your represent at the NASS?

Sen. Kingibe: I am only a Senator but it is the job of Wike, the FCT minister, but as far as he's concerned, they're no elected reps of the FCT. That's the issue. But we'll invite him when the NASS resumes to tell us his plans for protecting the FCT. Whether or not he responds is a different matter entirely.

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by omenka1: 10:04pm On Jan 21
I smell wahala cooking up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chukwuka Okonjo Displays His Latest Book On Tertiary Education In Nigeria / Border Closure: Obasanjo Says Benin Republic Must Mend Its Ways With Nigeria / PAJAWIRI: Banji Akintoye Unveils Mobile App To Track Kidnap Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.