Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Jakpa Advise: Think Critically - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Jakpa Advise: Think Critically (63614 Views)

Jakpa: Nurse Sister Now Stuck . Help ! / Jakpa To Bolivia / Five Dead, Nine Critically Injured On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by justwise(m): 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2022
Gerrard59:

Wait oh, i[b]s there a work visas limit aka a cap on work visas issued to foreign graduates from British universities?[/b] shocked Something like the H1B visa of the US?

Cc: jesmond3945

Zero, non exist.

2 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by aieromon(m): 6:06pm On Aug 12, 2022
jesmond3945:
big scam. Look at the stats 300k student visas and 5k work visas. Although I would say they cannot contain all but why guarantee students of jobs when you are not ready to sponsor them. The jobs are there but they would train their citizens in bootcamps to come and do them.

Where did you get your figures from?

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/immigration-statistics-year-ending-december-2021/why-do-people-come-to-the-uk-to-work

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/immigration-statistics-year-ending-december-2021/why-do-people-come-to-the-uk-to-study

2 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by justwise(m): 6:10pm On Aug 12, 2022

5 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by HRprof: 6:16pm On Aug 12, 2022
Gerrard59:

Who cares?!

Go to twitter and see your fellow Nigerians fighting on top ethnicity. The worst form of ethnic bigotry or racial discrimination is when it occurs in a privation cloaked society.

We're humans, and are at the bottom of Maslow Hierarchy of Needs. Humans will always prioritise their economic wellbeing above anything else when things become worse. In this case, that means relocation.
I can’t figure out thing you said here

3 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 6:57pm On Aug 12, 2022
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 7:04pm On Aug 12, 2022
aieromon:

Where did you get your figures from?

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/immigration-statistics-year-ending-december-2021/why-do-people-come-to-the-uk-to-work

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/immigration-statistics-year-ending-december-2021/why-do-people-come-to-the-uk-to-study
these figures are the accumulation of who applied and got sponsored including the proportion of people who came as students and got sponsored.
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by aieromon(m): 7:28pm On Aug 12, 2022

3 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by aieromon(m): 7:30pm On Aug 12, 2022
jesmond3945:
these figures are the accumulation of who applied and got sponsored including the proportion of people who came as students and got sponsored.

Are you saying I should accept your unproven statistics over official figures published by the Home Office?

5 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 7:32pm On Aug 12, 2022
aieromon:

Are you saying I should accept your unproven statistics over official figures published by the Home Office?
try and get the detailed excel sheet from the government website
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 7:33pm On Aug 12, 2022
aieromon:

Nothing in this article supports your claim!!!

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by aieromon(m): 7:41pm On Aug 12, 2022
[quote author=jesmond3945 post=115640601][/quote]

You're quoting an article by an unknown consultant who quoted a picture from an ebook that you cannot access publicly?

I'm done here please. Let's always try and share evidence-based data.

6 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by aieromon(m): 7:42pm On Aug 12, 2022
jesmond3945:
try and get the detailed excel sheet from the government website

Check the official Home Office link I shared. Every information and data that fact checks your false claim is there.

Additional resource
https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/work-visas-and-migrant-workers-in-the-uk/

5 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2022
aieromon:

Check the official Home Office link I shared. Every information and data that fact checks your false claim is there.
Click on detailed sponsorship datasets. I have this document myself
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 7:51pm On Aug 12, 2022
aieromon:

You're quoting an article by an unknown consultant who quoted a picture from an ebook that you cannot access publicly?

I'm done here please. Let's always try and share evidence-based data.
unknown consultant? An English woman who is privy to information and posted it on a verifiable forum.
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 7:54pm On Aug 12, 2022
aieromon:

Additional resource
https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/work-visas-and-migrant-workers-in-the-uk/
look at the statistics 4 percent for Nigerians. Look at India 21 percent. What is 4 percent of 115k?
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by aieromon(m): 8:03pm On Aug 12, 2022
jesmond3945:

Click on detailed sponsorship datasets. I have this document myself

Open it, digest the information carefully and post the section that supports your claim here.

1 Share

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 12:33pm On Aug 13, 2022
aieromon:

Open it, digest the information carefully and post the section that supports your claim here.

bring your calculator, add the number of visas given to Nigerians as skilled or work. Add the number of student visas as well. Then sum it up. There is another excel were the number of issued visa and withdrawn according to country are tabulated. Also add the number that switched to psw visa.

1 Like

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 12:35pm On Aug 13, 2022
I would the major reason why this is so is because of Ukraine who migrated in their numbers and the present home Secretary who has made it easier for Indians to get visas.
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by OnlineBusinessC(m): 11:06pm On Aug 13, 2022
Testpen:
Read this before embarking on a journey to United Kingdom England, before selling your land, car and other valuables and paying tuition fees of almost 18,000 pounds or more which today in Nigeria exchange rate is approximately 14,000,000 million naira. Think very well. we all know Nigeria is bad, insecurity and poor basic amenities and all. We have not even added accommodation and the frustration that comes with except you willing to stay in a University accommodation which is cheaper you be paying nothing less than 10,000 pounds at least 8,000,000 naira, have not added feeding now that's almost 30,000,000 naira all in total to come for a Master program just 1 year. cry cry cry cry that's not chicken change that's huge.

Now once you done you entitled to a 2 years post study visa where the UK government gives you time within the 2 years to get a job or else we be welcoming you back to Nigeria. Now the issue here is not you getting a job, there are lots of job in the UK, most companies are not ready to sponsor you for a tier 2 visa to work, infact even if you make it through the first stage and you been ask if you have the right to work and your reply is you will need a sponsor you might not hear from them again.

Its so unfair to international students that pay huge amount of money for tuition fees to come here and not getting any company to offer you tier 2 sponsorship letter most end up either enrolling back into the system taking a Phd programme paying another huge sum of money just to remain in the Uk, which is very sad, some even leave their degree and end up in care homes taking care of elderly people, mentally unstable people which you might be subjected to either been kicked, insulted and so on.

I think the school agents of this schools should inform students before embarking on a journey, where job is not guarantee and not just concern about hitting sales. Also discrimination, and pretence. i think Canada is better off in my own opinion. just think and way your options before u jakpa and come back to square 1. All this money if you have it please kindly invest back home because i see it has just wasting it over there.

Naso
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Zeekaycn(m): 7:28pm On Aug 14, 2022
Imagine Nigerians competing with other Nations with high exportation of goods and services.

2 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Thomthom(m): 7:42pm On Aug 14, 2022
Munamoqel:
Nigeria has a bigger business environment ,more employment opportunities and cheaper cost of living and a larger economy . I wonder if tinibu,akpabio ibori Alam ,dezani are now Fulani the entire money looted in Abia state was taken by fulani If you want to wipe up tribalism and stupidity why not go to political section
You mean employment opportunities ok. can you help me with one I have HND in Mass com
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Frenchkiss564: 8:24pm On Aug 15, 2022
cayorday89:

This here is why I will not get married soon, growing up, [b]I was the donkey of my family as per the only boy, [/b]my elder sister is short and not kinda fast enough for my parent's liking and I am many years older than my two younger siblings, so if they want anybody to get the job done ASAP, it's always me and guess what, I don't even get monetary reward for anything not even pocket money, now that I am working, they want me to get married, I no gree oooo, at least if they can't take care of me in the proper way, should I also rush to take care of an adult woman and children neglecting myself totally in the scheme of things...

The bolded really cracked me up.

2 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by blank(f): 3:18pm On Aug 17, 2022
Testpen:

I think the school agents of this schools should inform students before embarking on a journey, where job is not guarantee and not just concern about hitting sales. Also discrimination, and pretence. i think Canada is better off in my own opinion. just think and way your options before u jakpa and come back to square 1. All this money if you have it please kindly invest back home because i see it has just wasting it over there.

I said this earlier as well when I said I regretted doing a Master's in UK. Total waste of time and money. School in a country that would give you the opportunity to emigrate.

People that it works for are medical people, Big 4 accountants, IT people.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by justwise(m): 3:53pm On Aug 17, 2022
blank:

I said this earlier as well when I said I regretted doing a Master's in UK. Total waste of time and money. School in a country that would give you the opportunity to emigrate.

People that it works for are medical people, Big 4 accountants, IT people.

Like which country?
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by blank(f): 4:10pm On Aug 17, 2022
justwise:

Like which country?

Like Canada, Australia, US. I'm not very conversant with European countries but I heard that Ireland, Netherlands give that opportunity. Something about an EU Blue card.

But leave the UK alone. The schools make the bulk of their revenue from international students. Once that revenue stream dries up, it may make them change their current policies. Same way it pushed them to reinstate the postgraduate 2 year visa.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Tboymessiah(m): 4:30pm On Aug 17, 2022
Testpen:

My brother very true first and foremost i think there should be a seminar back in Nigeria informing and educating Nigerians its not automatic employment trust me its either you do care work or factory work. be informed and dont go and start resigning from your work observe ask questions before tendering that later.

Are they any hope for international nursing that want to go for master's degree
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Tboymessiah(m): 4:40pm On Aug 17, 2022
Focusmind:

Very apt. Nigerians and this their mentality of my "unborn kids". What of your self and your mental health?? That's why we loot and steal with impunity all because of our so called kids and unborn kids to give them a better life.

My father did the best he could and left the stage for me. I am doing well for myself. I can't sacrifice my mental health and peace of mind because I want to provide the best for my kids. When they grow up, they face the challenges and work their way out.

NasoLifeBe!!!
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by blank(f): 6:19pm On Aug 17, 2022
Realteeyee123:
But thinking about it, you can't really blame Nigerians for choosing the UK, Canada and Australia is very very very hard to get their visa, UK is a bit easier, so most people don't get Canada or Australia and their only option is the UK, so they are left with either taking it or remaining in Nigeria until Canada or Australia clicks, remember time is ticking age isn't on their side.

But I Know people who go to the UK and after their studies apply for Australia or Canadian PR.

If the plan is to later emigrate to another country, still don't go to the UK. Do your masters in another African country that doesn't have ASUU strike but save your forex for proof of funds.

7 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by kino47: 6:53pm On Aug 17, 2022
blank:

Like Canada, Australia, US. I'm not very conversant with European countries but I heard that Ireland, Netherlands give that opportunity. Something about an EU Blue card.

But leave the UK alone. The schools make the bulk of their revenue from international students. Once that revenue stream dries up, it may make them change their current policies. Same way it pushes them to reinstate the postgraduate 2 year visa.
Netherland I heard is fantastic and a lot of people most especially from the south east and south south keep it coded no noise

3 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by kino47: 7:07pm On Aug 17, 2022
justwise:
[b]

I'm not sure you visit this section a lot of read student visa thread at all because this topic is a heated one yearly, you will be called all sorts of names just for tell prospective students to prepare well and lower their expectations, you will hear things like: Stop discouraging us, Nigerians are smart they will survive, God's grace differs..bla bla bla..
If someone like you can have this perception then truly it’s worth thinking of.
I once heard someone Analyze this but am like na conspiracy theory
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by justwise(m): 8:30pm On Aug 17, 2022
blank:

But leave the UK alone. The schools make the bulk of their revenue from international students. Once that revenue stream dries up, it may make them change their current policies. Same way it pushes them to reinstate the postgraduate 2 year visa.

They are all the same also the same Nigerians who will never research or prepare financially before traveling. The UK gives you time to work during and after your graduation the same way Canada and Australia do but the question is.. did you take advantage of it? Travelled with enough money to sustain you? Did you study a course that will help you get employment? If you spent more time working than attending lectures or study groups then how do you expect to do well?

How will anybody spend 15-20 million naira to study abroad without proper planning? That person is a thief, he/her did not work for that money.

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos / Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government / The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.