Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,211 members, 7,811,573 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

Jakpa Advise: Think Critically - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Jakpa Advise: Think Critically (63433 Views)

Jakpa: Nurse Sister Now Stuck . Help ! / Jakpa To Bolivia / Five Dead, Nine Critically Injured On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by damzy88: 2:47am On Aug 11, 2022
Front page please.
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 4:11am On Aug 11, 2022
emmaodet:

Any man who fails to plan or any nation that fails to plan, will keep experiencing this.
Their fore fathers used our fore fathers as slaves, their fathers did the same to our fathers and now their children are doing it to us.
The question is- when will the black man learn?

Being irresponsible isn’t cheap after all. It has an expensive price and that is Generational Suffering
it is a shame and wake up call.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 4:12am On Aug 11, 2022
emmaodet:

Which one be love letter again?
rejection letter

2 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 4:15am On Aug 11, 2022
elyte89:
A simple question ..for a prospective masters student like me who wants to study healthcare management(MBA) in d UK... Any hope? Is it a good course?
it is a good course but chances of landing sponsorship is slim unless you are looking at Nhs
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 4:17am On Aug 11, 2022
emmaodet:

I don’t know why people like calling other african countries as better than nigeria.
Maybe what they read online rather than the reality on ground.
Ghana, Benin Republic, Rwanda, Kenya - these countries are not better than nigeria, this I know for sure.

South Africa - it is becoming a mess presently and if care is not taken, they will be something else in the next 5 years.

Gambia, Cape Verde - can’t say about these 2. Don’t know much about them
If there is one thing I know of, it is ghana is very very expensive for their standard of living and cost of living.
The last time I went to ghana was in 2017 and I stayed with a Ghanaian friend at Kasoa.
He rented a studio demarcated into 2 bedroom flat for 9,000 ghana cedis per year.
As at them, that was 900k in naira for just a studio or let’s just agree a 2 bedroom flat in out skirt of the capital Accra oooooo.
Not capital center like circle, tudu, teshie etc.
Ghana is the most expensive country in west Africa.
Really wow. I wonder how Ghanaians survive

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by SimpleGuy001: 5:39am On Aug 11, 2022
jesmond3945:
it is a good course but chances of landing sponsorship is slim unless you are looking at Nhs

Can someone who studies MBA in the UK get a good job?
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by MadarasBlade(m): 7:16am On Aug 11, 2022
justwise:

You are misleading people, students were not promised a job after graduation

Yes they weren't, but if you're being sincere to yourself, what is the real reason Nigerians further their education in the UK?

21 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by freddie009(m): 7:32am On Aug 11, 2022
Gerrard59:

I am curious,

Did he enrol for another master's program after obtaining an MSc degree in the same UK? This means he would have two MSc degrees from UK universities? Why did he not opt for a PhD? BTW, what did he study in the first master's and what is he studying in the current one?

The first one was data science, the second he didn't say and why he did it. Anytime I ask him some questions, he just ghosts me. I stopped chatting with him.

4 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by freddie009(m): 7:48am On Aug 11, 2022
MadarasBlade:

Yes they weren't, but if you're being sincere to yourself, what is the real reason Nigerians further their education in the UK?

Don't mind him, people just twist situations to suit their arguments. Nigerians will spend such an amount because they wanted a degree? It is to be eligible for a job in the Uk.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by BigDawsNet: 7:51am On Aug 11, 2022
emmaodet:

The way you people call these million millions.
Omo, person fit get heart attack for this thread oooo

15-20 millionnnnnnnnn for 1 year MSC after which I will still go back to the street to be looking for work?

Nahhhhhhhhh

Count me out

That's the fact bro..

Study abroad is not for everone...

That's why when you want to invest that amount as person from an average family... you hav to think about the future prospective before you apply

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 8:54am On Aug 11, 2022
SimpleGuy001:

mba is a good course and the jobs are there but to get work visa is difficult.

1 Like

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 8:56am On Aug 11, 2022
freddie009:

The first one was data science, the second he didn't say and why he did it. Anytime I ask him some questions, he just ghosts me. I stopped chatting with him.
data science is a good degree. I believe he didn't get a job so to enlogate his stay, he had to do another degree.

9 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by freddie009(m): 9:31am On Aug 11, 2022
jesmond3945:
data science is a good degree. I believe he didn't get a job so to enlogate his stay, he had to do another degree.

Exactly, that's what I just found out. Someone was asking why another master's instead of a PhD.
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by freddie009(m): 9:37am On Aug 11, 2022
BigDawsNet:

That's the fact bro..

That's why when you want to invest that amount as person from an average family... you hav to think about the future prospective before you apply

My mum was ready to borrow. I told her to stop; I don't want to put her in much debts. I don't want any pressure abeg, though she thinks I'm not ambitious enough.

Make I try US (PhD, full scholarship) and Canada (Express Entry). I need ASUU to call of strike so WES can evaluate my result.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by StrikeBack(m): 9:38am On Aug 11, 2022
BigDawsNet:

That's the fact bro..

Study abroad is just a means to an end for most students.

A better Nigeria is the current Abroad

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Gboy1026: 9:53am On Aug 11, 2022
freddie009:

My mum was ready to borrow. I told her to stop; I don't want to put her in much debts, I don't want any pressure abeg, though she thinks I'm not ambitious enough.

Make I try US (PhD, full scholarship) and Canada (Express Entry). I need ASUU to call of strike so WES can evaluate my result.
That express entry requires IELTS abi
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 9:54am On Aug 11, 2022
freddie009:

Exactly, that's what I just found out. Someone was asking why another master's instead of a PhD.
with masters is a bit easy to work and pay but PhD is hard

1 Like

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by freddie009(m): 9:55am On Aug 11, 2022
Gboy1026:

Yea, is cheaper compare to UK.

1 Like

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by freddie009(m): 9:59am On Aug 11, 2022
jesmond3945:
with masters is a bit easy to work and pay but Ph.D. is hard

Okay, he would have opened up. Rather he was like guy show no worry. Most times these people don't tell you in details. Then you end up stuck halfway.

9 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 10:10am On Aug 11, 2022
freddie009:

My mum was ready to borrow. I told her to stop; I don't want to put her in much debts, I don't want any pressure abeg, though she thinks I'm not ambitious enough.

if your mama want to borrow make she borrow put you for country wey get guarantees .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 10:10am On Aug 11, 2022
Gboy1026:
yea
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 10:12am On Aug 11, 2022
freddie009:

Okay, he would have opened up. Rather he was like guy show no worry. Most times these people don't tell you in details. Then you end up stuck halfway.
lol. So that it would it not be he is discouraging. Also, your journey might be different from his. It happens. You might get a work visa why he doesn't. It is a gamble with a 70 30 chance

6 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by justwise(m): 10:14am On Aug 11, 2022
MadarasBlade:

To get a better job? Better standard of living?

And let me ask you this… do you expect the school or British government to get you a job because you paid so much in school fees?

It’s your responsibility to graduate with a good grade and search for job yourself.

No school or govt promised you a job, they promised you a certificate and two years time to stay back to search for job.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by justwise(m): 10:17am On Aug 11, 2022
freddie009:

Don't mind him, people just twist situations to suit their arguments. Nigerians will spend such an amount because they wanted a degree? It is to be eligible for a job in the Uk.

You are eligible to work during and after graduation but the question is…. Do you have what it takes to get a job? Are you the only one holding shiny certificate?

Do you think you are entitled to a job just because your school cost so much ?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Testpen: 10:39am On Aug 11, 2022
SimpleGuy001:

you better save your money and remain where u dey or go to canada dont come to uK

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by ednut1(m): 10:58am On Aug 11, 2022
If your parents are rich or you can pay. U fit risk am. But those borrowing to go there to me no get sense

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by MadarasBlade(m): 11:07am On Aug 11, 2022
justwise:

To get a better job? Better standard of living?

And let me ask you this… do you expect the school or British government to get you a job because you paid so much in school fees?

It’s your responsibility to graduate with a good grade and search for job yourself.

No school or govt promised you a job, they promised you a certificate and two years time to stay back to search for job.

So what about people who graduated with outstanding degrees and yet no job, or are you saying anyone who is jobless at the moment graduated with low grades?

What is a "better standard of living" when most people feed from hand to mouth?

6 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by MadarasBlade(m): 11:13am On Aug 11, 2022
justwise:

You are eligible to work during and after graduation but the question is…. Do you have what it takes to get a job? Are you the only one holding shiny certificate?

Do you think you are entitled to a job just because your school cost so much ?

So can you dispute the claim someone said on the first page, that the UK give pws to 5k out of 35k people each year?

That's about 1 in 70 people, freaking 70 people.

If this isn't a scam then i don't know what it is.

11 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by emmyclassic(m): 11:34am On Aug 11, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

I’ve yet to see more than a handful of monikers discuss or acknowledge that mortgage payments are usually much smaller than rent but I’ll attribute some of that to them not understanding the credit system of the West. While they see credit and debt as a death sentence they don’t realize that without the use of credit and some debt (even small) at sometime or another, a person is basically nobody in the sense that they can’t really be established.
The hatred and fear of bills and taxes never ceases to amaze me.
Most people don’t realise paying rent is helping someone else pay off their mortgage. Paying rent is like throwing money away.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by emmyclassic(m): 11:42am On Aug 11, 2022
MadarasBlade:

They are just going to try their luck. Some would get work sponsorship others would come home or try to remain illegally. Remember not only Nigerians so many other nationalities
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 11:46am On Aug 11, 2022
This thread should be in frontpage to educate our people. We are all wishing everybody well.
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Focusmind: 11:59am On Aug 11, 2022
jesmond3945:

Unborn kids? What of your own mental state.

Very apt. Nigerians and this their mentality of my "unborn kids". What of your self and your mental health?? That's why we loot and steal with impunity all because of our so called kids and unborn kids to give them a better life.

My father did the best he could and left the stage for me. I am doing well for myself. I can't sacrifice my mental health and peace of mind because I want to provide the best for my kids. When they grow up, they face the challenges and work their way out.

52 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Durban (south Africa) Picture Gallery: South Africa´s Third Largest City / Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) / Anthony Joshua And Andy Ruiz Jr Meet In Saudi Arabia (photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.