Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,421 members, 7,836,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms (14662 Views)

Fayose Extends Ikere Dualisation Project, Distributes Cheques - Photos / Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) / Jonathan Presents Cheques & Appointment Letters To Victims Of NIS Tragedy - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by raham4real(m): 2:13pm On Aug 04, 2011
You can see how money belonging to the masses are siphoned for personal enrichment! The problem Nigeria has is LEADERSHIP!!
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by Goldieluks: 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2011
I wish Nigerian leaders DEAD!
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by edicolove: 2:23pm On Aug 04, 2011
ideylaff:

Na so farming be, what are they supplying for 2 Billion,  2 BILLION, haba,  sad

What a backward country, why not transfer the money via the banking system even if it was going to take 1 week,

we go about writing cheques all over the place like bush people,

He be like Lottery demonstration money, for my face ooooo embarassed

So how OBJ fit nor support Uduaghan or Unaghamm, after his backside has bn creamed nicely,

Baba no get money, Baba nor get money, if he go get money nko,  shocked

He dey chase Atiku all over the place meanwhile, Baba'n clean out

A state that cannot pay Mimimum wage is going Agriculture for 2 Billion,

wetin then they plant, Human Beings

What a BUNCH OF GREEDY HEARTLESS BASTARDOS
grin angry embarassed

Most of you are the real problem of the country. We all want to fight corruption but when someone tries to use the prevaling situation for his own gain by perpetuating propaganda to promote themselves, then they are as criminal as the people they accuse. Whether the monies are commesurate with the contract is a completely different debate. It is very wrong for saharareporters to quote this as a "revelation" or "discovery" of bribery to judges. This is a complete farce and tantamount to character assasination. If they were in Nigeria, they will be prosecuted for libel. The checks shown have nothing to prove that judges were bribed. It is wrong to do this in journalism. completely wrong. Saharareporters have become a gossip tabloid at best.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by ziccoit: 2:25pm On Aug 04, 2011
That is why I stop nourshing a hope of better Nigeria. People think and reason in the name of politics.
SR accussed a people ,of no atom of human dignity , of corruption and the only thing some people would cough out is rubish.
Experience has thought me to hold any rumour about Nigeria gov with 100% seriously and news by 0.1%.
Manipulation may come the way of this exposition in order to wrong the right, going by the antecedent of figured involved this is nothing but the truth .
Nigeria needs to be folded up and re-spread. No hope.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by walex2(m): 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2011
pls let be careful on wot is posted on this famous site, investigate ur case and hold on to fact. wot is the correllation btw OBJ and ELECTION TRIBUNAL in delta state. inform the EFCC and leave nairalander alone.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by nagoma(m): 2:36pm On Aug 04, 2011
Buhari, the most stoical of Generals wept for Nigeria. I dont know how to avert more tears en-mass in Nigeria's future.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by Bawss1(m): 2:37pm On Aug 04, 2011
eGuerrilla:

With fossilized minds like yours, there will never be probity in our political system. angry

So far the evidence available is in support of the Obasanjo Farms & Delta state government argument. Any talk at this moment about the said money being used to buy a tribunal judgment has not being proven and remains conjectural. SR have a history of malicious reporting and we all know their vendetta with the government

It’s not like I care much for OBJ or GEJ but falsehood is falsehood no matter what.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by edicolove: 2:39pm On Aug 04, 2011
ziccoit:

That is why I stop nourshing a hope of better Nigeria. People think and reason in the name of politics.
SR accussed a people ,of no atom of human dignity , of corruption and the only thing some people would cough out is rubish.
 Experience has thought me to hold any rumour about Nigeria gov with 100% seriously and news by 0.1%.
 Manipulation may come the way of this exposition in order to wrong the right, going by the antecedent of figured involved this is nothing but the truth .
Nigeria needs to be folded up and re-spread. No hope.

You cannot run a revolution on lies and propaganda. The egyptian and middle east revolution is not built on lies and falsehood. 2 wrongs dont make a right. IF the revolution must stand, it must be based on truth not lies. So how does payment of monies to Obasanjo farms become bribe to judges. Are the judges, obasanjo's children? If Obansanjo has so much control and power over judges of tribunals, why did he not influence ekiti and Osun. Why did saharareporters not talk about the rumoured bride ACN paid to judges? You must be funny not ot know that saharareporters is highly political and biased. If this news were coming from papers like vanguard or sun or thisday, I will take it serious. not saharareporters. they have a history of publishing unfounded lies.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by semid4lyfe(m): 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2011
It's Saharareeeporters again. , . , . , . ,

Laugh wan burst my belle grin grin
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by campbell05: 2:54pm On Aug 04, 2011
Imagine all our so called leaders having same Mentality!!! NIGERIA CAN NEVER BE A GOOD COUNTRY IN JESUS NAME.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by Docklands: 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2011
Gej is not the messiah.  Go to Abuja and see the crowd, corruption its worst than ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  God help us
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 04, 2011
Bawss1:

So far the evidence available is in support of the Obasanjo Farms & Delta state government argument. Any talk at this moment about the said money being used to buy a tribunal judgment has not being proven and remains conjectural. SR have a history of malicious reporting and we all know their vendetta with the government

It’s not like I care much for OBJ or GEJ but falsehood is falsehood no matter what.

I take back my last 2 posts.
Although my call for circumspection in these matters remain (since both principals - Obasanjo and Uduaghan - are bona fide crooks), I was wrong about the 1st cheque  - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-464713.0.html

The Commissioner for Agriculture, Dr Tony Nwaka signed on behalf of the state Government while the Managing Director of Obasanjo Holdings Elder Daniel Atsu signed on behalf of their farm.

The state Governor,  Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan at the ceremony  presented a check of N778.6 million as the state’s counterpart funding to make the programme a success.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by jmaine: 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2011
eGuerrilla:

Although my call for circumspection in these matters remain (since both principals - Obasanjo and Uduaghan  - are bona fide crooks), I was wrong about the 1st cheque  - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-464713.0.html

The Commissioner for Agriculture, Dr Tony Nwaka signed on behalf of the state Government while the Managing Director of Obasanjo Holdings Elder Daniel Atsu signed on behalf of their farm.

The state Governor,  Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan at the ceremony  presented a check of N778.6 million as the state’s counterpart funding to make the programme a success.

Impressive for retracting your jibe as concerns this shitty twisted news report 
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by kpogede77: 3:25pm On Aug 04, 2011
Some body just manage to get the photocopy of a cheque and he is using it to mislead you people and you are just falling very cheap for his propaganda. Obasanjo farm is rendering services to delta state. OBJ farm has help the state to set up mechanized farms particularly in delta north. Why is it surprising that the state is paying OBJ farm for service rendered. Stop castigating BABA for no just cause. Are you saying that BABA has no right to do business with the state government because he is an ex- president
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by dipo2much(m): 3:31pm On Aug 04, 2011
Its a very depressing shame that some journalist will resort this level of calumny.
What were they thinking? That Nairalanders will take in this hogwash of a report hook,line and sinker?
It really is a form of disability if one lacks perspective before holding opinions. When I first read the OP, i believed there were bribe checks. But having read more, those checks aren't the checks that we want to see. And to think they tried to paint a picture of fraud with this misrepresenting report is very shameful.
Sahara reporters should hide their head in shame
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by Bawss1(m): 3:33pm On Aug 04, 2011
eGuerrilla:

Although my call for circumspection in these matters remain (since both principals - Obasanjo and Uduaghan  - are bona fide crooks), I was wrong about the 1st cheque  - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-464713.0.html

An honorable and rare gesture here on NL indeed.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by Bawss1(m): 3:36pm On Aug 04, 2011
dipo2much:

Its a very depressing shame that some journalist will resort this level of calumny.
What were they thinking? That Nairalanders will take in this hogwash of a report hook,line and sinker?
It really is a form of disability if one lacks perspective before holding opinions. When I first read the OP, i believed there were bribe checks. But having read more, those checks aren't the checks that we want to see. And to think they tried to paint a picture of fraud with this misrepresenting report is very shameful.
Sahara reporters should hide their head in shame

This is not their first or last attempt at malicious reporting. What amazes me is that tomorrow they will publish another story with wonderful "evidence" and people will come here and swear by it.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by catso(m): 3:44pm On Aug 04, 2011
Must people believe just any report?
Lot of allegations without investigation and proofs.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by Emmy3(m): 4:07pm On Aug 04, 2011
. . . . PHILOSOPHICALLY,
it have been observed that there must be an atom of truth in all false stories

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Take a peep at all
SR
untrue stories,
you will see there is a part that is correct. . .

Ladies and Gentlemen,
lets not jump into critism until we know the percentage of the Story that is true

. . .
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 04, 2011
Bawss1:

This is not their first or last attempt at malicious reporting. What amazes me is that tomorrow they will publish another story with wonderful "evidence" and people will come here and swear by it.

That Sahara Reporters gets it wrong every once in while is fact beyond contention.
But then, it surely behooves flag bearers of a higher standard, like you, to demand better coverage of cases involving corruption in the Nigerian press.
Warts and all, Sahara Reporters has managed to establish itself as a media-outfit with an unquestionable commitment to sanitizing our polity.
Can the same be said for some of our more established media houses?

My take on this is; the revolution - when it comes - will be messy.
Truth will get corrupted, as it is stretched beyond its limits of elasticity.
There will be casualties of exaggerated reporting as well as unsubstantiated claims.
The point being, s.hit happens when you make peaceful change impossible.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by Bawss1(m): 4:29pm On Aug 04, 2011
I think the fight against corruption should be carried out along clean and honest channels, to do otherwise will be to play right into the hands of that which we want to eradicate - unless one subscribes to the belief that the end justifies the means. I will always take any report coming from SR with a large pinch of salt.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by miky(m): 4:40pm On Aug 04, 2011
Men nigerians are truly futile, easily decieved and hurried to conclusion. I wonder why?? That cheque looks so fake it beyond me, its appalling. If anyone thinks people write cheques of hunderds of millions and billions they need to re-examine their head, because they are !diots. Why write the cheque when you can do a bank wire transer, I.E ( tell the giver to go to his bank with your account number and send the funds through his bank to yours, you dont even have to show up, just confirm with your bank). Its laughable that people think any person in their wild mind would go to a bank with a 3 billion naira cheque FOuttahere. Not sure how it works in nigeria, but if its possible to confrim the account number from the cheque and give to the efcc/police so the idiot having a fun time poking fun at a former president can face the wrath of the law.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by femmy2010(m): 5:03pm On Aug 04, 2011
This is the first time i would see a check with billions written on it. grin
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by hbrednic: 5:35pm On Aug 04, 2011
femmy2010:

This is the first time i would see a check with billions written on it. grin
you looking at the photocopy not the actual cheque grin
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by Gbenge77(m): 5:42pm On Aug 04, 2011
hbrednic:

you looking at the photocopy not the actual cheque grin
Lol
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by allison2(m): 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2011
Obj is best we ever have. if  u like title  him, corrupt man, is the best which  this country have had. So, Obj & it's associate can 't do business with any state govt? You should  think b/4 writing any thing on this page.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by redsun(m): 5:47pm On Aug 04, 2011
Gej proved himself a sickcriminal for backing same rouge,uduagban or whatever he is called,he stole d birth rights of deltans
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by femmy2010(m): 5:49pm On Aug 04, 2011
hbrednic:

you looking at the photocopy not the actual cheque  grin

A photocopy that i imaged real.Lol grin
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by redsun(m): 5:54pm On Aug 04, 2011
d share given to gej's chief of thieves is primarily gej's share.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by klas(m): 6:14pm On Aug 04, 2011
Since January 2010, nobody can issue a single cheque above N10m if it is interbank (clearing) transaction. So how come these huge amounts were done thru cheques in 2011? The second transaction was supposed to be mere transfer to a call account from current, why was a cheque issued when ordinary instruction on letterhead would suffice? I doubt these cheques
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by badesco(m): 6:17pm On Aug 04, 2011
bintus2much:

The cheque, for N2.5 billion, was addressed to “Manager Oceanic Bank Call Account” and was reportedly cashed and moved away in bullion vans to a location from which judges, consultants and lawyers were paid in cold, hard cash.l.Lol grin

Are you sure those copy and paste pictures are real? Who are the judges, consultants and lawyers that were paid? Kindly mention there names here. And if you think you really have prove, why dont you go and file a case at the court of law. May God have mercy on your soul.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2011
Isn't this suppose to be some kind of confidential/classified transaction? There's something fishy here. . Btw this could implicate the manager of this bank if this is real.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

JTF Kills & Arrests Suspected Boko-Haram Members / Ebelechukwu Obiano Wins Award In Atlanta, Becomes Honorary Citizen / Photos From Osinbajo Tradermoni, Visits Iworoko Community In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.