Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms (14657 Views)

Fayose Extends Ikere Dualisation Project, Distributes Cheques - Photos / Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) / Jonathan Presents Cheques & Appointment Letters To Victims Of NIS Tragedy - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 04, 2011
Goldieluks:

I wish Nigerian leaders DEAD!

Jealousy in action
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by edicolove: 6:32pm On Aug 04, 2011
redsun:

d share given to gej's chief of thieves is primarily gej's share.

Are you so daft to see that the story is a hoax and a forgery?
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by yomijnr(m): 6:39pm On Aug 04, 2011
erm, did I miss that part of the cheque that said it was for a bribe?
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by elampiro(m): 7:31pm On Aug 04, 2011
Nigeria will not move forward like this when people see black and they call it white. Every banker can testify that these are genuine processed cheques. I can't say more than this.

The cheques are genuine but what payment they were made for is what nobody can testify. However, this can be verified by EFCC agents if they really will want to investigate and be transparent. The 2.4b naira cheque is obviously a transfer from the Govt account to another of their account in same bank. But the beneficiary name is very vague 'call account'?.

If the story is true, then the laundering was from the call account via several withdrawals. The investigation should be the withdrawals from the call account and the purpose for which such were made.

How did the cheque get out? May be an angry staff who still have conscience running in him leaked them, or a judge called for them. It is permissible to give such information to a court.

Well, generally more evidence should be released that these funds were actually for bribery and not for legitimate payments. The infomation available is incomplete to conclude that the money were used for bribery. But if actually the withdrawals from the call account are by cash, then it can be concluded that it was a deliberate laundering of the state fund for illegal payments./settlement. The staff of the branch of the bank surely know all the secretes.

Now we can see why the CBN governor Sanusi wants to peg cash limit at 150k and N1m for individual and coys respectively -to check money laddering. It is easier to trace money laundered via transfers than cash sharing, etc.

It is our collective responsibility as citizens of this country for fight corruption, to seek investigation, to encounrage transparency and make the country better for ourselves and our children. It is in our hands. Shahara reporters should not be condenmed, we should only encourage them to get more facts and evidence to support their claims.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by stoneco: 7:35pm On Aug 04, 2011
Delta state Government is in collaboration with the Obasanjo Farms Limited two are collaborating to run a company called “OFN-Delta Farms Limited “located at Ogwashi-Uku, Aniocha South Local Government Area. Delta State has one third of the shares in the company while Obasanjo Farms has a two third majority shares of the investment.

In respect to the money transfer paid in cash, reported by the Sahara reporters in its publication of 4th August 2011, the issues raised are not true because, according to the state treasury policy, idle funds in the Federal Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC) are invested on short term call basis to earn interest in favour of the State Government. And this was done in 2010 not 2011 as earlier reported by the Sahara reporters.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by dayokanu(m): 7:40pm On Aug 04, 2011
Fresh air ooo
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 04, 2011
Only the poor and masses thinks Nigeria is not united.

Nigeria is so united in corruption that the rulers will do everything humanly and above humanly possible to unite this country based on corruption.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by okadaman2: 8:06pm On Aug 04, 2011
stoneco:

Delta state Government is in collaboration with the Obasanjo Farms Limited two are collaborating to run a company called “OFN-Delta Farms Limited “located at Ogwashi-Uku, Aniocha South Local Government Area. Delta State has one third of the shares in the company while Obasanjo Farms has a two third majority shares of the investment.

In respect to the money transfer paid in cash, reported by the Sahara reporters in its publication of 4th August 2011, the issues raised are not true because, according to the state treasury policy, idle funds in the Federal Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC) are invested on short term call basis to earn interest in favour of the State Government. And this was done in 2010 not 2011 as earlier reported by the Sahara reporters.

Uduaghan is that you?

Nor mind these yeye small saharaboys jor
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by ono(m): 8:21pm On Aug 04, 2011
stoneco:

Delta state Government is in collaboration with the Obasanjo Farms Limited two are collaborating to run  a company called “OFN-Delta Farms Limited “located at Ogwashi-Uku, Aniocha South Local Government Area.  Delta State has one third of the shares in the company while Obasanjo Farms has a two third majority shares of the investment.

In respect to the money transfer paid in cash, reported by the Sahara reporters in its publication of 4th August 2011, the issues raised are not true because, according to the state treasury policy[i],[size=20pt] idle funds[/size][/i] in the Federal Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC) are invested on short term call basis to earn interest in favour of the State Government. And this was done in 2010 not 2011 as earlier reported by the Sahara reporters.

Idle funds?

But na wa sha. I don't know what to say.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:29pm On Aug 04, 2011
why are y'all crying. if i had the opportunity i will bleed nigeria dead in 2 weeks rather than 50 years it has taken our leaders to do it. Nigerians do not deserve good leaders, they deserve wicked leaders
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by tlops(m): 8:29pm On Aug 04, 2011
God, I want to sign such cheques.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by obamamate: 8:35pm On Aug 04, 2011
Do banks still pay cheques above N10m ?
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by lagcity(m): 8:36pm On Aug 04, 2011
Okoro2015:

Obj my brother, no mind these bad belles. Abeg Hammer on. Did your farm collect the check at gun point?
The only issue now is that it's time to come home and invest. We have waited for you patiently since late 70s
when your 'hammering' streaks began. You misbehaved and the gods of the land punished you through Abacha.
When their anger waned, they decided to give you a second chance - this time around, with exponential hammers.
Do the right thing otherwise, this time around, there would not be an 'Abdusalami' You will just meet Ige Straight!

You Still de Kampe! for now.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy okoro2015 u no go kill persin oooo. so u've been waiting for ya igbo son to return all this while? u don dull big time. when everybody, including the sharp yoruba boys from sahara reporter, don collect their cut, u still dey wait. sorry sorry sad sad
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by lagcity(m): 8:37pm On Aug 04, 2011
btw, i dont believe this fairy tale. the sahara guys are beginning to piss me off
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by lovemoi: 9:00pm On Aug 04, 2011
The rich is getting richer and the poor is getting no where, only in nigeria, God Almighty pls look beyond our fault in nigeria and show us mercy,
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by kizito96(m): 9:24pm On Aug 04, 2011
Corruption is no more in Nigeria Dictionary. It should be imbibed in the constitution. Nigeria is the only country where you still Government money and the same Government call to come and Negotiate and beg that you return some. Look at all the families of those in Government who died and see how their family lives. No progress, early death, nothing to remember about them. No body eats Oil money and have peace, they will always be going for medical check up until they die. We are watching
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by monkeyleg: 9:38pm On Aug 04, 2011
Very convenient excuse. Prostitute nation
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by ndigbo: 10:30pm On Aug 04, 2011
End shall never wonder!

God please don't let these thieves die! Let them stay and harvest the seed they planted! Them and their generations!

No Light!
No Road!
No School!
No Food!
No House!

Why can't we the youths come out and take the bull by the horn because no one will do it for us! Even God himself will not come down and take us out of this suituation, if we don't help oursleves!
GAWD one person 800 MIILA! AH!
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by Toks2008(m): 10:51pm On Aug 04, 2011
I wish this is not true. sad
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by ibelab(m): 12:11am On Aug 05, 2011
They are  already  in jail grin pm news grin, just dreaming grin grin,
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by igboboy1(m): 12:11am On Aug 05, 2011
So na my state money na im uduaghan dey share give that gorilla enh?

After i mobilize my people vote for you na im you just dey misconfure for ASABA, ezigbo anuofia ka ibu,

As for obj the money wey abdusallami share yoruba elders never do u okwa ya? sharp guy indeed angry
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 05, 2011
^^
Delta State Government / OFN partnership was obviously set up as conduit for the bribe payments. Watch out for the so-called partnership in the next 2 years it's clearly dead in the water.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by Doptimist2: 7:36am On Aug 05, 2011
If at all this allegation is true, I wonder how many NLander would do anything different from this! kiss undecided
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 05, 2011
D-optimist:

If at all this allegation is true, I wonder how many NLander would do anything different from this! kiss undecided

None. We are only employed as internet warriors. nothing in our NL contract said anything about offline warriorship.

igbo boy:

So na my state money na im uduaghan dey share give that gorilla enh?

After i mobilize my people vote for you na im you just dey misconfure for ASABA, ezigbo anuofia ka ibu,

As for obj the money wey abdusallami share yoruba elders never do u okwa ya? sharp guy indeed angry

Is your elder also not sharing money with a yoruba man? yoruba must also chop from una money nau.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by Bawss1(m): 8:14am On Aug 05, 2011
See how people continue to display their ignorance in public. Their haste to comment on something that has already been proven as false overcame their better judgement.

In case you guys missed it I'll say it again; the whole story is a fabrication! Read the preceding pages of this thread.

Na wa o for some people.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:16am On Aug 05, 2011
Wen will OBJ and uduaghan face EFCC. i DEY WAIT OOOOOO! Niffs angry
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by beninman1(m): 8:16am On Aug 05, 2011
While i concede that there is corruption in Nigeria and there exist high 'settlement' culture, i doubt the validity of these cheques. They look 'doctored' and 'photoshopped'.
Except OBJ is a complete fool ( i honestly dont think so); he would never accept a bribery chq made into his name or business named that can ultimately be traced.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by tpia5: 8:17am On Aug 05, 2011
people overrate photoshop and information technology, imo.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by deb(m): 8:39am On Aug 05, 2011
Wat I find surprising is that some wretched people on NL still find excuses for OBJ, GEJ and our corrupt rulers (not leaders) for their corruption.
Obasanjo Farm Nigeria ltd OFN which is supposed to be Operation Feed the Nation project, another OFN, was a national asset converted to personal asset by OBJ as a military ruler. So trying to exonerate him of corruption and transacting legitimate biz with Delta state is the most stupiddest thing anyone could say

Fela said it all. Nigerian followers are zombies
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by edicolove: 9:11am On Aug 05, 2011
^^^ You are the one that is very stupid. trying to further the truth by telling a lie is a stupid thing to do. If you have a genuine evidence against OBJ, bring it out and see if we will not support you and broadcast it everywhere. You are a fool to think that people will support you in a so called struggle that is built on falsehood and lies. you are the real zombie. when you respond to lies with lies, you become as guilty as the one you accuse.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by edicolove: 9:28am On Aug 05, 2011
Some of us are prepared for this fight and we dont care whose Bottom is gored. whether OBJ or IBB or Tinubu or whoever. but the whole fight must be powered by truth, not lies and falsehood. Just look at the way Al mustapha is beginning to rubbish some of those who we thought were really custodians of the truth. I have always advocated that most politicians are the same, whether ACN or PDP or CPC or whatever. But some have tried to paint some parties like ACN and CPC as saints. They are all corrupt and we should never be partisan when we fight against corruption. Lagos today is still one of the most corrupt state. We will get the details in a few years time, just watch out. But the saddest part is that the Judiciary and the Legislators are even more corrupt and to crown the whole thing, the press is the most corrupt. We have the most corrupt press in the world, belive me. Have you noticed how every newspaper is biased and serve their owners? Compass serves Gbenga Daniels, The Nation is Tinubu, The Sun is Orji Uzor Kalu,Tribune the Awos, Guardian the Ibrus and son on. Now, my once beloved Saharareporters have become the biggest junk of them all. Only maybe the vanguard and Thisday and maybe The Punch to some extent are fairly neutral. Not completely neutral though, but not loudly biased. The sad truth is that, if the people that are supposed to provide the checks and balances are as corrupt as the government of the day, then we have a real situation on our hands.
Re: Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms by teskyg: 11:15am On Aug 05, 2011
Please stop posting this crap.I didnt see any description on the cheque that says it is meant to bribe the tribunal Judge.It was issued to Obasanjo Farms, You have not been able to link the cheque to the Judge.I close my case,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road / JTF Kills & Arrests Suspected Boko-Haram Members / PDP Chairmanship Race: Plot Against South-west Bid Thickens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.