Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. (5576 Views)

Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund / FG Wants Speedy Completion Of Mambilla Power Project – Buhari / Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by lagcity(m): 3:32am On Aug 05, 2011
Eziachi:

You are not wrong there, how can you understand Ojukwu?
If you do, it means you needed a degree to understand your heroes NADECO in the day and vampire at night in Aso Rock.
So the difference between Ikemba and your heroes like OBJ/Danjuma is very simple- He spent his inheritance for the general freedom of his people and your heroes stole your present and the future of your grandchildren.

guy, u are taking this thing too seriously. u r too emotional and lashing out anyhow. i didn't say anything negative about Ojukwu even though i'm not a fan of his nor is he my hero. but i was surprised at his health even though he had a relatively peaceful life compared to others like Obj (whom you called my heroes ) who went to prison at the age of 58. it will do well for you to face the fact the Ojuku is a controversial figure in Nigeria and there's nothing you can do about it. Even jesus christ had ppl who wished him death. high blood pressure is bad for your health cheesy
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by NegroNtns(m): 3:32am On Aug 05, 2011
Ojukwu or any Eastern authority did not object to it.

So when the same Federal Govt under Gowon (Northerner) ordered his release what makes you think your coward Ikemba had any valid reason to object?
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by lagcity(m): 3:35am On Aug 05, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: Negro_Ntns
The Federal government of Tafawa Balewa (a Northerner) threw Awo in jail.

with Zik's collabo. but you don't see us whining about betrayal, do you?
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by lagcity(m): 3:41am On Aug 05, 2011
Onlytruth:

If Ojukwu rejected Gowon's order to release Awo, there was nothing Gowon could have done about that.
He was not in control of the East, Ojukwu was.
As for Awo's suicide, it is public information. cool

but why would Ojukwu refuse? he had no interest in Awo being in jail or otherwise. so you expect us to thank him for just doing his duty that he could have ignored? since Gowon couldn't dictate to Ojukwu, why didn't Ojukwu just release the innocent man before Gowon gave the order. That would have been very nice of him.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by lagcity(m): 3:45am On Aug 05, 2011
abadaba:

dyckhead, you are wrong. A lot of easterners do respect Awo but the manner which led to his death is what they do not like. Ask every easterner about death by commiting suicide. In the east, it is a taboo to commit suicide.

but why do Ibos have to lie just because you don't like the man? Must you continue to lie that he commited suicide?
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by NegroNtns(m): 4:01am On Aug 05, 2011
Lagcity,

That's the point! Ojukwu's benevolence to Awo, as onlytruth wants us to believe, was an independent decision for goodwill to the man.
The real goodwill and show of independence would have been to say no, there's no place for him in Calabar. Also, to the point you made, to have issued the order independent of Gowon and release Awo.

I stiil want to know from Onlytruth what altaernatives are open for Ojukwu to rebel the release order?
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by Nobody: 4:33am On Aug 05, 2011
somebody said something about educative, he should have known the kind of thread he visits here to get such! as far as this kind of thread is involve, you see frustrated women and men in life.
you can notice one woman who first post here,she always show how her real life is  undecided
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by Nobody: 4:39am On Aug 05, 2011
Back to ojukwu and his quote sth like "we dont need aids from the British. They want to fatten us up so that they can kill us".

Ehrrm, the dude ran to IVC to enjoy 5meals-a-day lifestyle while leaving his people to perish. The man cruel sha, no wonder his lifestyle circulates around the hospital. Living dead indeed.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by Nobody: 5:05am On Aug 05, 2011
^^^^ ghanians are there insulting your lang, your mode of dressing and lagos,
instead you bloodly wanna be igbo! tongue
like some one said here:
i pity those involve in your everyday life
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by Nobody: 5:08am On Aug 05, 2011
Toaskarity:

^^^^ ghanians are there insulting your lang, your mode of dressing and lagos,
instead you bloodly wanna be igbo! tongue
like some one said here:

Ghanaians are insulting Nigerians, but they're more familiar with Yoruba.

Yoruba is well known across West Africa. I thought we established that history on NL. If not, WTF are you ppl learning from this site, apart from "Yoruba is bad "Yoruba is our enemy" etc?

God it's great to be Yoruba. Where is my agbada, I must dance to Sunny Ade tonight o cheesy
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by Nobody: 5:18am On Aug 05, 2011
oh my God!
but they're more familiar with Yoruba.

keep decieving yourself embarassed
familiar yet they take u like nigeria embarassed

anyway as i said before, maybe bitterness of igbo tribe in ur life,

i pity those involve in your everyday life
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by ndiigbo1: 5:32am On Aug 05, 2011
Long live Ikemba. Those yorooudeeeasss that hate him can go and die. ofe manu ngbatic dorty oil
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by Nobody: 5:36am On Aug 05, 2011
Toaskarity:

oh my God! 
keep decieving yourself   embarassed
familiar yet they take u like nigeria  embarassed

anyway as i said before, maybe   bitterness of igbo tribe in your life,

Sure, whatever you say cool

I'm just about done with tying my agbada. Agbada is another Yoruba outfit they mentioned in their song, just in case you didnt realize that.

ANother song with Yoruba  kiss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_5aLpacNkA
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_5aLpacNkA?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

There's more of that. Yoruba culture is just simply lovable, even for hating Ghanaians who believe Nigeria= Yorubaland grin
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by ndiigbo1: 5:42am On Aug 05, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Sure, whatever you say cool

I'm just about done with tying my agbada. Agbada is another Yoruba outfit they mentioned in their song, just in case you didnt realize that.

dirty yoruba55 slot, live this thread already and go cook ofe obe oil/kerosene
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by Nobody: 5:43am On Aug 05, 2011
ndi-igbo:

dirty yoruba55 slot, live this thread already and go cook ofe obe oil/kerosene

Dirty Igbo slot, I will not live this thread already, so go and cook apku with mucous and what not cheesy
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by 9japride(m): 6:37am On Aug 05, 2011
Someone pls help, is Illeke-idi a lady or a child? I've gone through most of her comments on this forum, and all her post are clueless & full of hate. Pls grow up and stop disgracing motherhood. I pity your future husband and children. I don't think your mother behaves like u. Madcap.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 05, 2011
9japride:

Someone pls help, is Illeke-idi a lady or a child? I've gone through most of her comments on this forum, and all her post are clueless & full of hate. Pls grow up and stop disgracing motherhood. I pity your future husband and children. I don't think your mother behaves like u. Madcap.

why not simply post with your regular ID? I fit resemble somborry you see in the mirror?

no siree!! I'm a proud 40-something year old grandmother. Just a lil history hmm
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by Onlytruth(m): 8:28am On Aug 05, 2011

Lagcity,

That's the point!  Ojukwu's benevolence to Awo, as onlytruth wants us to believe, was an independent decision for goodwill to the man.
The real goodwill and show of independence would have been to say no, there's no place for him in Calabar. Also, to the point you made, to have issued the order independent of Gowon and release Awo.

I stiil want to know from Onlytruth what altaernatives are open for Ojukwu to rebel the release order?

Kill his @55 in jail, and NOTHING would have happened.  cool
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by Onlytruth(m): 8:35am On Aug 05, 2011
Calabar was under the Eastern Nigerian government. It only came under Gowons control after it was invaded and captured by the Nigerians in late 67.
If Ojukwu wanted Awo dead, he would have seen to it that the old bat never made it back to Oduduwa land.

Awo lived mainly because the Easterners were not as wicked as their Yoruba counterparts.
Imagine if Zik was in jail in Ibadan! The Yoruba's would have found one way or the other to ensure he never returned to the East. They would foist his death on Aboki as usual. Aguiyi Ironsi was felled in Ibadan of all parts of Nigeria. Why Ibadan?
Me sef dey smell rat because these ofes can kill their own brother (Fajuyi) just to get Ironsi. Pure speculation of course, but my nose never fail me. cool
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 05, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

why not simply post with your regular ID? I fit resemble somborry you see in the mirror?

no siree!! I'm a frustrated proud 40-something year old grandmother. Just a lil history hmm
i observe that even your own people ignores you(apart from ur co senate0 & bluetooth) talkmore of others
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by lagcity(m): 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2011
Onlytruth:

Kill his @55 in jail, and NOTHING would have happened. cool

but why would Ojuku kill him? or u just like talking from your arse
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by ezeagu(m): 2:47pm On Aug 05, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

You need to get yourself an Igbo/Ijaw tailored like Fashola has, very professional.

[center][/center]

Ileke-IdI:

Yoruba culture is just simply lovable, even for hating Ghanaians who believe Nigeria= Yorubaland grin

You're jumping for joy because they insulted Yoruba culture?

What about the east could they find to diss? Even Nollywood they said more of it.

Please, take your dombolo, or is it late Awilo music to the Yoruba thread.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by lagcity(m): 2:51pm On Aug 05, 2011
Onlytruth:

Calabar was under the Eastern Nigerian government. It only came under Gowons control after it was invaded and captured by the Nigerians in late 67.
If Ojukwu wanted Awo dead, he would have seen to it that the old bat never made it back to Oduduwa land.

Awo lived mainly because the Easterners were not as wicked as their Yoruba counterparts.
Imagine if Zik was in jail in Ibadan! The Yoruba's would have found one way or the other to ensure he never returned to the East. They would foist his death on Aboki as usual. Aguiyi Ironsi was felled in Ibadan of all parts of Nigeria. Why Ibadan?
Me sef dey smell rat because these ofes can kill their own brother (Fajuyi) just to get Ironsi. Pure speculation of course, but my nose never fail me. cool

u r just talking out of emotions that u don't even realize how ridiculous you sound. u know it, i know it.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 05, 2011
Toaskarity:

i observe that even your own people ignores you(apart from your co senate0 & bluetooth) talkmore of others

LOL Then you need to observe more. . . . cheesy

May Ikemba continue to turn on and off like a light switch. Cowards die many times.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by NegroNtns(m): 8:58pm On Aug 05, 2011
<quote>

Kill his @55 in jail, and NOTHING would have happened. 

</quote>

Onlytruth,

So why did he not?
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by 9japride(m): 9:03pm On Aug 05, 2011
@lleke-idi, i'm not hiding any Id, dis my original Id. If u said u r 40 so mething though age is but a number. Sorry 4 saying 'grow up' it seems u are alreay grown up but d brains are wet. Pls try to post reasonable things i read what u said about Ghanian insulting us. We are all matured. If u keep insulting Ibos it will only make us more relivant.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by ezeagu(m): 10:20pm On Aug 05, 2011
Cowards die many times. Suicidal boys die once.

[center][/center]
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by Onlytruth(m): 1:44am On Aug 06, 2011

Onlytruth,

So why did he not?

Ojukwu did not kill Awo because Ojukwu is not Yoruba; he is Igbo. We don't fight undeclared wars.

As at the time Awo was in jail, Easterners did not habor any ill feelings towards Yoruba; in fact Ojukwu called Awo papa.
You don't kill your "papa"; undecided but alas, the "papa" ended up stabbing the "son" in the back in a typical Yoruba fashion.

I can almost assure you that some wise Easterners must have advised Ojukwu to the contrary about Awo (we don't lack guys like moi in Igboland wink cool), but Ojukwu must have overruled them.
I'm sure that one of Ojukwu's greatest regret would be letting Awo leave the East unscathed.
This is a lesson in treachery that Ndigbo must never forget.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by Onlytruth(m): 1:46am On Aug 06, 2011
At least we could have used that old bat as chip to whip the Yoruba in line. cool
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by NegroNtns(m): 2:16am On Aug 06, 2011
You are a fool!

Ojukwu could not stab Awo in the back and that's the man who clearly told him to abandon war efforts, but he stabbed Banjo in the back. Banjo was the one who kept with him even when the war turned sour. You are a fool!

Now et me tell you why he dared not harm Awo, even if he wanted to.

In the immediate days after July coup, Murtala was putting resource together to march to Enugu, particularly for Ojukwu because the Northern officers had enough of him. What did Ojukwu do? Murtala was restrained in Lagos and persuaded to give up the march to East. Meanwhile, een thugh Murtala was not coming, the fear of such a confrontation had gripped Ojukwu and he abandoned post and fled to Onitsha to hide in undisclosed place. How could an Ibo officer on his own soil, on his Iboland, hide from the threat of a Northerner coming to fight him on his fathersland?

Anyway, this fear never left Ojukwu, he dreaded the consequence of harming Awo.

Ojukwu was not the onlly Ibo officer that fled posts mind you. Even Ironsi fled, Zik, Okpara. They all abandoned positions.

Now I dare you to name one Yoruba officer that abandoned or fled post in face of the assaults.

Who is a coward, Ojukwu or Awo, Zik or Awo, Okpara or Awo?

If Ojukwu had harmed Awo, I guarantee you, Enugu and Ojukwu with his beard would have burnt much earlier than 67.

One more time, you are a fool!
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by Onlytruth(m): 3:10am On Aug 06, 2011
^^

You can believe whatever you want. Biafra (Eastern ) soldiers marched all the way to Ore, and was betrayed there by Banjo ( a Yoruba coward). I wonder what could have happened if that force was under an Igbo son. Your Gowon would have fled North.
Your Northern officers were "planning to march" on East, but couldn't do it without foreign help. We marched towards the seat of government in Lagos without that help.

As for Awo, let me tell you now. If the East was under someone who understood Yoruba mindset, your Awo would have been fed to the dogs and NOTHING would have happened.  cool
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu, The Peoples' General, On A Speedy Recovery Track. by Onlytruth(m): 3:14am On Aug 06, 2011
As for Yoruba officers fleeing their positions, we all know that the next highest ranking officer after Ironsi, in the Nigerian army (a Yoruba) fled and ran all the way to Britain and never came back.
The rest of your soldiers simply opened their nyash for aboki to f0rk.
Awo toyed with the idea of asking Northern troops to leave the west but coward down when the Northerners laughed him to scorn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari's Petiton Thrown Out! / Photos Of Ex-governor Uzor Kalu's Cars, Houses & Private Jets / Aba, From Eye Of The Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.