Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,504 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo (38514 Views)

Do We Have Any Monumental Named After Awolowo In Southeast / How Azikiwe Opposed Awolowo In Putting Secession Permission Into The Constitutio / Nigerians React As Buhari Is Booed And Stoned At Ogun APC Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by sonofthunder: 10:46am On Aug 12, 2022
Gourdoinc:
how have the igbo been oppressed you ask ? How has tinubu oppressed me ?

Wonderful. Such answers will need a textbook.

I'm waiting..... No lies

Just facts

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:46am On Aug 12, 2022
Sleekfingers:

So anyone not supporting your candidate is a bigot?

Read the post again. Apply logic this time.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by dododawa1: 10:46am On Aug 12, 2022
Can you imagining IPOB.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by sonofthunder: 10:47am On Aug 12, 2022
realestate99:

In statistics an outlier is a big deviant from a main group, most Igbos are running on same software, tell me have you seen an igbo that is not supporting Obi? Have you seen an igbo that does not hate Tinubu? Have you seen an igbo that is not overtly emotional? Have you seen an igbo that takes responsibility for his actions? etc

most of them fall in same group, few outliers amongst them are negligible.

Most sir not all.

Let's not have this argument pls.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by yashau(m): 10:48am On Aug 12, 2022
aribisala0:
The official Ibo position is that if it comes to crunch and a Yoruba person is likely to win instead of one of their own then it should stay with the Fulani
They are very entitled to hold that view and the Yoruba are also entitled to an appropriate response
The Yorubas should know that as far as they are concerned

The Ibo
Plan A is Obi
Plan B is Atiku
The Ibo are asking Yoruba to make Obi Plan A

that is Ibo sense for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by ismodiwa(m): 10:48am On Aug 12, 2022
The same thing awaits obi in the North..
BAT23
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by jideofor11(m): 10:49am On Aug 12, 2022
To the OP of this thread, you just used a terrible headline and to the mods who saw this and put it up on front page. I really don't know what this platform is for anymore. But if this is a place for tribalism to prevail then I think the name of this website should be changed from NAIRALAND to YORUBA LAND......

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Godfullsam(m): 10:51am On Aug 12, 2022
JealousCobra:

Didn't bother to read the NONsense you posted.

Owolowo will always be a coward and a blackmailer. Tinubu is crime institution.

Late Chief obafemi Awolowo was a great man. Millions of yoruba people benefited from the free education he introduced while millions of ibo people died from the war ojukwu introduced.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by obyno82: 10:52am On Aug 12, 2022
The desperation of APC is really scary, let them not plunge this country into a violence that would also consume them. Let us go back to history what caused the stoning of Awolowo in 1979.
During the war Awolowo advised Gowon to enforce a Naval blockade of the sea channel into PH and Calabar to prevent food imports from reaching Biafra, so that the Biafrans would be starved to submission, now Awolowo was interviewed by BBC reporters during the war and he said and i quote " All is fair in war, why should we feed our enemies for them to attack us" Now the question is was Nigeria feeding Biafra? The answer is No.
Now years after war during the 1979 election campaign Awolowo was asked again his role in the starvation policy, now this is where it gets interesting. Awolowo said and i quote " The policy was enacted to prevent food from being cornered by the Biafran soldiers" now how do you explain this where your starvation policy was responsible for the death of millions from Kwashiorkor? Now another interesting angle was by the former head of supply and Transport of the Biafran Army for Nigerian Army Lt Fola Oyewole was interviewed recently on the starvation policy stated that what Awolowo said was a lie that no Biafran Soldier took food meant for the civillian population, and that the soldiers themselves were also facing starvation. it was an existential crisis in Biafra.
Another reason why Awolowo was stoned was that in Enugu before the war Awolowo came to visit Ojukwu and made a famous statement, that if the East Seceeds the West will follow, only for him to change tune when he was appointed Finance commissioner(Equivalent of Minister of Finance).
When he came to campaign in Aba the youths asked him to clarify if he was the one that suggested the starvation policy to Gowon, he said yes and they asked him why he lied about the policy being to prevent food from being cornered by the Biafran Army he had no answer that was why he was stoned because he was viewed as a betrayer.
It is right that we know the truth, this is one of the reasons why history must be told in Schools.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by realestate99: 10:52am On Aug 12, 2022
sonofthunder:

Most sir not all.

Let's not have this argument pls.
I pick the " most"....you can pick the rest
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by ajani2311: 10:55am On Aug 12, 2022
Person that invested state fund in faly business, #250 million caught in his convoy, money kept in tax haven(pandora findings)
CSTRR:
Imagine if this was China.
One of the smartest system of leadership on Earth.

Peter obi would have risen to the politburo and entered the central committee of the communist party of China based on record of integrity in public service, while atiku and tinubu would be serving life imprisonment for corruption.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Igbojew: 10:55am On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:
This is for some of the sophistico Yoruba youth that fell for the antics of Ibo people that always say they hate Tinubu not because he’s Yoruba and bla bla bla.

Awolowo was stoned when he went to the East to campaign back then and this is Pa Adebanjo the same Afenifere guy laying claim to that. Is Awolowo also a bad person like Tinubu according to the Ibos? Or why was he stoned?

Azikiwe campaigned easily in the SW but Awo was stoned in the SE for campaigning.

That’s the same thing they are doing to Tinubu. They are making sure he won’t be able to campaign in the SE, where they term any Igbo that support Tinubu as efulefu and always cancel them.

Yet the same people want to be left alone to campaign in the SW while some Yoruba guys with severe confusionists complex will be sheering them on.

The Yoruba are the only tribe in this country without tribal consciousness and it is as tho something is wrong.
Keep twisting the history even when Pa Adebanjo have said the truth how your betrayal Awolowo cowardly betrayed Ojukwu when they agreed to leave Nigeria because Gowon and FG promised him appointment.I hope you also heard where Pa Adebanjo said that Gowon told Awolowo that Igbo should go but Awolowo told him if Igbo go they Yorubas will go but when they Gowon gave him promised him post he betrayed Ojukwu and joined Fulani to fight Igbos and that was the genesis of mistrust Igbos have against Yorubas.Am also glad that Pa Adebanjo acknowledge the fact and reality that Yorubas can't fight Fulanis workout brave and great Igbos but Yorubas always pretend they don't know that........I am that Igbojew the table shaker

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by obyno82: 10:56am On Aug 12, 2022
BATified2023:
To all the Yorubas forming woke,can u now see clearly that igbos don’t love u n can never love u

They are decieving u that they would have preferred osinbajo but same people call osinbajo a fake pastor

The same people that hated awolowo,abiola n now tinubu are still d same person trying to turn your back against your people,what igbos do in Yoruba land n u woke Yorubas hail them u dare not do half of it in their region before they remove your head for u

History is about to repeat itself now,Peter obi is campaigning freely but they are issuing threats that tinubu dare not step foot into south east n u are still forming woke

Use your head n get d fact that the Fulani and the igbos are d same,the only difference is that the igbos don’t have federal power

The same people who mocked Yorubas then for being stupid on awolowo case n later said he took rat poison are still d same people who mocked abiola

Will u allow history to repeat itself by forming civil for people who never for once loved u

U think they love u now because they need your votes,many of those supporting obi today check their nairaland comments a year ago n see clearly their intention about Nigeria

Yoruba ronu a man who hates your father can never like u

read my previous comment on this, try and research history Awolowo was stoned because of his role in the starvation policy and the fact that he lied about his role claiming that the starvation policy was to prevent food from being cornered by Biafran army, which was a lie because you cannot claim it was to prevent the army from getting food, while millions of innocent civillians died as a result of the policy.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Numerouno111: 10:57am On Aug 12, 2022
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Bar1941(m): 10:57am On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:

Are you ashamed of those that stoned Awolowo?

Are you ashamed that your progenitors stoned Awolowo during campaign and that your current generation swore to do the same to Tinubu?

I don’t blame you guys, I only blame the Yorubas sophistico with no ethnic consciousness among us.

Imagine an Ibo boy arrested today for burning BRT in Lagos. He left his region to Lagos to burn our buses and yet Yoruba won’t speak up.

What has happened to the Yoruba for heaven sake? Can I go to Anambra to burn public buses and come back to Lagos alive?

May God bless you for speaking the truth.

I just pity those senseless Yoruba youths that senselessly allowed those yeebos to play with their brains. Yeebos don't just hate Tinubu as a person, they hate the entire Yorubas as a race and that could be clearly seen even in recent time.

When the APC ceded the presidency to the south, simply because BAT and PYO were seen to be having upper hands, this yeebos categorically declared to support continuation of the Hausas in power.

Now they turned Biafra agitation to Obidient movement, threatened to kill any Igbo that supports a Yoruba man in the forthcoming election yet our people foolishly fall for their antics. It's really a pity many of us lack that ethnic consciousness as you stated and it's really affecting us.

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Igbojew: 11:00am On Aug 12, 2022
Pa Adebanjo have said the truth how your betrayal Awolowo cowardly betrayed Ojukwu when they agreed to leave Nigeria because Gowon and FG promised him appointment.I hope you also heard where Pa Adebanjo said that Gowon told Awolowo that Igbo should go but Awolowo told him if Igbo go they Yorubas will go but when they Gowon gave him promised him post he betrayed Ojukwu and joined Fulani to fight Igbos and that was the genesis of mistrust Igbos have against Yorubas.Am also glad that Pa Adebanjo acknowledge the fact and reality that Yorubas can't fight Fulanis workout brave and great Igbos but Yorubas always pretend they don't know that. Everybody knows that without brave and great Igbos Fulanis would have conquered Nigeria for a long time but out of envy against brave Igbos Yorubas and other tribes hated Igbos for it and am glad that Pa Adebanjo have finally opened up and said the truth..........I am that Igbojew the table shaker

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Demolakay: 11:02am On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:
This is for some of the sophistico Yoruba youth that fell for the antics of Ibo people that always say they hate Tinubu not because he’s Yoruba and bla bla bla.

Awolowo was stoned when he went to the East to campaign back then and this is Pa Adebanjo the same Afenifere guy laying claim to that. Is Awolowo also a bad person like Tinubu according to the Ibos? Or why was he stoned?

Azikiwe campaigned easily in the SW but Awo was stoned in the SE for campaigning.

That’s the same thing they are doing to Tinubu. They are making sure he won’t be able to campaign in the SE, where they term any Igbo that support Tinubu as efulefu and always cancel them.

Yet the same people want to be left alone to campaign in the SW while some Yoruba guys with severe confusionists complex will be sheering them on.

The Yoruba are the only tribe in this country without tribal consciousness and it is as tho something is wrong.

Ur mumu is legendary! pa Adebanjo made it vry clear in DAT interview DAT it was because d Igbos had dis misconception DAT d Yoruba's are working against Dem.Soo d only way to show it is registering Deir discontent tru DAT action.
Since den Igbos have supported d Yoruba's.Dey supported MKO Abiola in 1993,infact check dose members of NADECO who fought for d return of Abiola's mandate,a lot of d members were igbo's.Dey also supported Obasanjo in 1999,dey did again in 2003.Infact Obasanjo rewarded dier support by giving Dem juicy position in government.
D Igbos also supported Atiku Yar'adua too in 2007,check d election results of 2007,Dey did same for Good luck Jonathan in 2011 ND 2015,infact to d detriment of deir own kinsman Ojukwu.
Soo all ur assertions holds no water! It's tym all forward thinking tribe, irrespective of where dey come from support an Igbo presidency.
D Igbos has broken one of d curses plaging Dem for a long time! DAT Is dey don't support their own. Now DAT dey Doo,it's tym to rally round Dem,ND repay d favour dey've done to Oda tribes.
Am a Yoruba,ND i fully support an Igbo presidency.its Deir turn,ND am vry sure,if dey rally d support of d south south vry well dey are one step away from Aso Rock. LYK d Yoruba adage(Enikan kì í jẹ,kile fe) DAT is jst one person cannot continue to eat alone ,ND expect d food to go round.D Hausa fulani's has had Deir turns, Yoruba's has had Deir turn,D south south had Deir turn,Now it's d turn of d igbo's. For justice,equity, fairness,inclusion, development, progress ND peace of Nigeria,it's definitely d turn of d igbo's. Dey've served odas,it's Deir turn to b served.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Jagabanofafrica: 11:02am On Aug 12, 2022
DaveDGreat:
Dear Nairalanders and Nigerians,

You have now seen that Tinubu's supporters are championing an ethnic and religious agenda and do not have the interest of Nigeria at heart.

You have seen them shouting Yoruba lokan up and down. The Jagaban once said he doesn't believe in one Nigeria and he hasn't changed that mindset. Please vote wisely so you don't regret your decision.

A vote for Tinubu is a vote for MC Oluomo who would become minister of transportation. A vote for Tinubu is for a vote for "Yoruba neesan" miscreants who would go about unleashing terror all around Nigeria. A vote for Tinubu is a vote for the enthronement of Agberoism as the 4th tier of government in Nigeria. A vote for Tinubu is a vote for OPC's free reign to kill and maim northerners just like they did under his watch at Mile 12. Let me not talk about the fact that he has no plans and vision for the country. You all know this by now.

Sane Nigerians are rejecting ethnic and tribal prejudice. We will always resist ethnic supremacy. Please vote wisely. Thank you.

After stoning Chief Awolowo and yorubas
You are still begging for vote, ibos are not serious with their hatred
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Promiseisaac(m): 11:03am On Aug 12, 2022
Why e come dey talk this thing now
After all this years
If u like support the Igbos and still be talking bad about them, my own be say atiku or tinubu no go enter that seat!
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by vince2016(m): 11:03am On Aug 12, 2022
damocool:

Yoruba will regret helping any ibo man into power, just like they're regreting apc/buhari government. The hand writing is on the wall already. What Fulani is doing now would be a child's play on what is coming on yorubas in this country with ibo man in corridors of power. We had a glimpse of it during GEJ.. Our best bet is secession. This is not about tribalism, but a plain fact.

You are spot on with this and this is also my concern. If we all join hands and vote for Peter Obi. The Yorubas will surely be side lined and the Ibos in their usual arrogance will brag that they made it happened.They have lived long with the Yorubas but secretly hate them. I try as much as possible to stop the idea with people that PO is the messiah with the magic wand to change everything. We are only expressing hope in him like other people will do for their preferred candidate. At end of the day we all want a better and prosperous Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by mrbionic: 11:06am On Aug 12, 2022
An this is coming up now? To what gain?

I was a kid and know nothing about this, you cannot use what happened during my grandpa’s time to witch-hunt me and prevent me from having a great future!

Nigerian has grown pass that phase!

The same Igbos were murdered during the war and we have lived passed that phase.

What we want is a better and working country for everyone to have a good life. Awolowo didn’t call you from grace to be his spokesman today.

Today it is about handing a struggling country to a struggling man due to age related issues.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Prince001(m): 11:06am On Aug 12, 2022
abuwidad:
Is this man trying to worsen the situations ni?

No Hes saying the truth! He's supporting Ibo to lead but talked about how the same people attacked us. It was even Azikiwe thats against federalism. Even during MKO thing they voted more for Tofa in the East but we Yoruba don't pay bk evil with evil cos we are ọmọlúwàbí!
Truth be told its Ibo time, long overdue but I don't trust these fulani govt cos nuttin will change if we still continue with the heartless military constitution. That's d reason we want Yoruba Nation, Biafra republic, Ijaw Nation, No going bk!!!!

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Jagabanofafrica: 11:11am On Aug 12, 2022
Secondly:
Yoruba people make una present vibrant people like Osinbajo.

No be baba wey no well wey dey shout emi lokan.

You want Osinbajo so that Obi can win very easy , Osinbajo that can't win his local government

Tinubu is the next President
Yoruba lokan

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Tingotoe: 11:14am On Aug 12, 2022
donaldking100:

Mattew Chapter 11 vs 12.

During the time of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of God suffereth violence, & only the violent taketh it by force. Thus says my Bible.
Only northerners & Muslims cannot & should not have the monopoly of violence.
The same man who said Nigerians & even baboons would bleed if A.P.C doesn't win is who is currently our president, & he was voted by the same set of idiots like this guy who are currently calling Peter Obi supporters violent.
Nigeria must be better, & Obi is our savior.
If they don't wanna have sense, we must beat the sense into them.
Obi is your savior and not mine. I can never vote for him . Quote another Bible verse
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Jagabanofafrica: 11:14am On Aug 12, 2022
Electorate:

Now APC is playing a game of tribal division, e no go work...don't take us for fools it will only make our love for Obi stronger.

I am Yoruba and I will vote for Peter Obi, tell your fulani master.

nairaland moderator and seun just broke rule 2.

Ibos always remember RULE 2
IPOB claiming to be yoruba, lols
You ibos stoned Awolowo and yorubas in Aba, now u want Yoruba votes.. IBOS STONED AWOLOWO HAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by sammhi(m): 11:15am On Aug 12, 2022
Built2last:
Front page material

See the sensational headline they gave it.#

They won't highlight this part of his statement. ''According to him, Awolowo once told him during his lifetime, “No, you must work with the Igbo because you cannot defeat these Fulani people alone”.

Awo insisted according to this article that Yoruba's need Igbos despite the incident but they want to ridicule and misinterpret what the old man is saying

The MODs are actively looking for anything that favours a certain candidate.

I posted many pictures of the Labour party conference holding in Abuja today.

2 MODs read it and moved on

This will hit front pagein no time
Worse, most won't read but will comment based only on the headline
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by TrueNigerian300: 11:15am On Aug 12, 2022
dominic17:
Why are you guys full of tribalism? you are entitle to your own choice.why don't you campaign for you own candidate and allow others to choose their own candidate. Why trying to make it tribal issue? Yoruba vote alone can not make Tinubu win the election. We need each other to make this country work. If we keep dwelling in the mistakes of the past we will never move forward. Be informed also, that tribe has never help anyone in this country.

The support for Obi is tribal in the first place no amount of pretence will cover that. Only fools think Igbos are supporting Obi based on competence. If you guys are tribal why crying if others choose to?
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Gourdoinc(m): 11:17am On Aug 12, 2022
sonofthunder:

I'm waiting..... No lies

Just facts
ok. Let me assume I won't regret this.

1960 - 1970

War breaks out, a non - igbo coup is ascribed an igbo coup, igbos are killed nationwide and lives and properties are lost. It ends with no victim, no vanquished. Igbos leave south east and begin afresh, no intervention or development was established for the rebuild of the Eastern region from the federal government. All Eastern states have suffered Infrastructural lack stemming from destructions that occurred during the war. Many interventions from 1970 till date have neglected the entire region , that developments in most parts of South East started from 1999. State capitals were technically villages during military rule.

The war was a genocide by the Nigerian state and foreign powers , yet no attempt has been made to apologise for the genocide resulting from a war the igbos were victims ( I repeat it was a non-igbo coup, however it was tagged one to spite the igbo).

1999 till date

Presidents: olusegun obasanjo, umaru yar adua, Good luck Jonathan, Muhammadu buhari
Vice presidents: atiku abubakar, good luck Jonathan, namadi sambo, yemi osinbajo

Where amongst these names is an igbo person present. A major tribe in Nigeria, a tribe that was a victim of genocide. A tribe that refused to vote its kin and rather voted obasanjo , since everyone agreed that we need to placate the Yoruba for the murder and cheating of June 12, a tribe that voted Jonathan because we needed to placate the south south agitations for development and oil, who also go a development commission, a tribe that voted for yar adua because the north were victims of 1998 ( the death of abacha). The same region have become a pariah that in 2023, everyone has forgotten the concept of equity, but are alluding to democracy and politics of numbers. Is there any region that can be the president with their numbers alone ? They want the igbos to negotiate for power , possibly like the yoruba have done with tinubu, its no wonder he has silently agreed to establish shariah law in the south west and of course the ever repugnant Muslim muslim ticket.

The igbo man is a trader generally and thus lives in every region, he is good at it,he makes good money and buys lands and properties in his state of residence. He pays his taxes in his state of residence. His taxes are good for everyone , but during elections, his votes aren't good enough. Thugs are used to disenfranchise him , with chants he should go back to his state and vote, nobody ever encourages him to go pay his taxes in his state. Maybe that will usher in how tinubu oppressed me.

The south west and north are occupied by people of other regions doing well too, however only the igbo man is singled out for hate and disenfranchisement, the other tribes live amongst the igbos and are always lumped together as omo ibo or nyammri depending on the region in question and in many case as was seen during the 90s , when the locals feel in the mood, the take cutlasses and enter homes of igbos and minorities and kill them and their children ( Kano 1992, kaduna 1994, 2000, 2001, Jo's, 2003 etc) or we have a case where they threaten to burn the markets or they actually do it ( alaba market fire, ladipo market fires), all in a bid to spite the igbo and destroy his livelihood.

How else do you oppress a people when you do all these to them and when a couple of them say enough is enough, let is leave and form a nation of ours, you send the army there to kill them to ensure such voices are never heard. You don't want them, yet you don't want them to self determine , what would you classify that behaviour as towards a people who drive the commerce and retail sector of this nation.

Someone steps into lagos as governor and immediately starts showing his hatred for igbos in appointments in the lagos civil service ( he also showed same to minorities and christians). He has used thugs as his ever willing tools to subjugate lagosians that he became a godfather even to the chagrin of the indigenes. Lagos has indigenes and they don't all agree they have yoruba ancestory ( ditto to egun people).

Let me allow you respond abit before I continue or determine if this effort is worth making.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Diligent1(f): 11:18am On Aug 12, 2022
Reinamaria:
Baba Agbaya!
Your parents have failed woefully for not giving you home training.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Diligence: 11:20am On Aug 12, 2022
U see when certain narratives are hawked and certain Tinubu media are mischievous with certain phrases and clauses, just know it's that season of desperation!

Remain FOCUSED and INTENTIONAL

Take Back Your Country
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by PointZerom: 11:21am On Aug 12, 2022
sonofthunder:

What is your point Oga...... You want to be accepted above an eyewitness?

Typical deflective strategy.

He is not an eye witness to the stoning but Awo told him after the really that he(Awo) was stoned.

"When we got home after the rally, Awolowo said, do you know these people stoned me, we said ah! "

How can Awo be stoned and those with him didn't know about it even though the stone hit his cap?
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Demolakay: 11:22am On Aug 12, 2022
BATified2023:
To all the Yorubas forming woke,can u now see clearly that igbos don’t love u n can never love u

They are decieving u that they would have preferred osinbajo but same people call osinbajo a fake pastor

The same people that hated awolowo,abiola n now tinubu are still d same person trying to turn your back against your people,what igbos do in Yoruba land n u woke Yorubas hail them u dare not do half of it in their region before they remove your head for u

History is about to repeat itself now,Peter obi is campaigning freely but they are issuing threats that tinubu dare not step foot into south east n u are still forming woke

Use your head n get d fact that the Fulani and the igbos are d same,the only difference is that the igbos don’t have federal power

The same people who mocked Yorubas then for being stupid on awolowo case n later said he took rat poison are still d same people who mocked abiola

Will u allow history to repeat itself by forming civil for people who never for once loved u

U think they love u now because they need your votes,many of those supporting obi today check their nairaland comments a year ago n see clearly their intention about Nigeria

Yoruba ronu a man who hates your father can never like u
Igbo's DNT love Yoruba's yet dey voted for MKO in 1993
Igbo's DNT love Yoruba's,yet dey were part of NADECO,DAT fought for d restoration of Abiola's mandate.
Igbo's DNT love Yoruba's,yet dey supported Obasanjo in 1999 ND 2003,infact Obasanjo rẹwarded Deir loyalty,by giving Dem juicy positions in government.
Dis same igbo's supported Yar'adua in 2007, against Deir kinsman(Ojukwu). check d 2007 election results.
Dis Same igbo's supported Good luck Jonathan in 2011 ND 2015 wit Deir full chest,infact dey suffered for it.

Now DAT dey av NW broken d curse,ND are supporting one of Deir own,ND d candidate is enjoying broad support,ur whipping up tribal sentiments.
Was Jonathan NT stoned in d north during his campaign? does DAT mean d South southerner's ND d Hausa/fulani's will NT work tgeda again?
Look at d write up, pa Adebanjo only made it clear DAT,some sections of d igbo's believed DAT Awolowo DNT like Dem,ND dey registered Deir displeasure by stoning him.Since den,hw many yoruba candidate has gone Dere,ND campaign successfully?
Pls mr Yoruba or whateva u call urself,Am sure ur NT more Yoruba Dan me or Oda Yoruba's supporting Peter Obi, including pa Adebanjo.D south east has served enough,it's Deir turn to be served. Justice,fairness,equity,progress, Development ND continued existence of Nigeria,it's d south east turn,ND if Deir south south brothers fully support Dem,am sure dey are one step into Aso Rock already.
Sane, responsible,reasonable, Yoruba's LYK me,will giv Dem d needed votes in d South West,ND we leave d rest to God.#OBI/Datti 2023.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Governor Ademola Adeleke Borehole Drilling To Mark 100 Days In Office Begins / Buhari Takes Over Central Bank Naira Management - Bloomberg. / President Buhari's Letter To National Assembly On Resumption Of Office(Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.