Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,913 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo (38567 Views)

Do We Have Any Monumental Named After Awolowo In Southeast / How Azikiwe Opposed Awolowo In Putting Secession Permission Into The Constitutio / Nigerians React As Buhari Is Booed And Stoned At Ogun APC Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by sonofthunder: 11:24am On Aug 12, 2022
PointZerom:

He is not an eye witness to the stoning but Awo told him after the really that he(Awo) was stoned.

"When we got home after the rally, Awolowo said, do you know these people stoned me, we said ah! "

How can Awo be stoned and those with him didn't know about it even though the stone hit his cap?

Which of the people there told you they didn't know Awolowo was stoned?

grin grin grin grin
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Jagabanofafrica: 11:24am On Aug 12, 2022
Kingspin:
Bring me like of Akinwumi Adesina, I will support and vote for him.
Stop making things look like some of us don't know what we are doing

YORUBAS should bring Akinwumi dat cannot win is local government, you ibos want yoruba to present a weak candidate for u to win him very easy... lols ibos with hatred

Tinubu is the next President
Yoruba lokan

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by HighTableVoice: 11:28am On Aug 12, 2022
Igbojew:
Keep twisting the history even when Pa Adebanjo have said the truth how your betrayal Awolowo cowardly betrayed Ojukwu when they agreed to leave Nigeria because Gowon and FG promised him appointment.I hope you also heard where Pa Adebanjo said that Gowon told Awolowo that Igbo should go but Awolowo told him if Igbo go they Yorubas will go but when they Gowon gave him promised him post he betrayed Ojukwu and joined Fulani to fight Igbos and that was the genesis of mistrust Igbos have against Yorubas.Am also glad that Pa Adebanjo acknowledge the fact and reality that Yorubas can't fight Fulanis workout brave and great Igbos but Yorubas always pretend they don't know that........I am that Igbojew the table shaker

You are wrong on that. Igbos feeling betrayed was a result of the outcome of the war which General Ojukwu lost. And mind you, it was General Ojukwu's actions that made Awo turned against him. He wanted more, his plan was to take Ibo out of Nigeria, a plan he successfully executed with the help me of Awo, when he started getting greedy and marching down south with his troops, he left Awo no choice, Ojukwu betrayed Awo the moment he started making plans to annex Ikenne, Awolowo's very home town, and wishing to take Lagos, which would have been taking the whole of Nigeria. His greed and poor judgement cost him the movement, a legend in is right nonetheless, but he lost the war fair and square.. Warfare is Just what it is, Warfare

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Teenaira: 11:30am On Aug 12, 2022
donaldking100:

Mattew Chapter 11 vs 12.

During the time of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of God suffereth violence, & only the violent taketh it by force. Thus says my Bible.
Only northerners & Muslims cannot & should not have the monopoly of violence.
The same man who said Nigerians & even baboons would bleed if A.P.C doesn't win is who is currently our president, & he was voted by the same set of idiots like this guy who are currently calling Peter Obi supporters violent.
Nigeria must be better, & Obi is our savior.
If they don't wanna have sense, we must beat the sense into them.

Waoh, so Obi is your saviour !!! Please wake up, Obi should not be your saviour.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by GodisFirst: 11:32am On Aug 12, 2022
When you see you have been defeated already without getting to the polls, you turn every thing to Tribalism or ethnic challenge.
Nay, it is not. If APC had brought out a credible candidate from Yoruba nation or even from any other part of the South, people would have considered that. Why didn't they support Yemi Osibanjo, but the corruption and impunity in them did not allow them to think well.

People are Obidient today because of the substance Peter Obi and Yusuf Datti are made of.

Please support the change to a better and prosperous Nigeria.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Kingspin(m): 11:32am On Aug 12, 2022
Jagabanofafrica:

YORUBAS should bring Akinwumi dat cannot win is local government, you ibos want yoruba to present a weak candidate for u to win him very easy... lols ibos with hatred

Tinubu is the next President
Yoruba lokan
Akinwumi Adesina can't win his local government. You see how una mentality work. Even when he is credible and doing a fantastic job right now, I will support people like him anywhere in Nigeria
Give me a sound candidate again.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Angelawhite(m): 11:33am On Aug 12, 2022
kilisi:

I find it very funny when Ibos say they supported Obasanjo in 1999 and that makes then liberal. Do you know that they had no choice but vote in Either Obasanjo or Olú Falae who were the candidates of the two major political parties then. And they opted for the one pushed forward by the Fulanis against the person the Yorubas massively voted for.

It's just like Yorubas saying they left Sowore to vote for Buhari in the presidential election means they are de-tribalised. That will not fly.

Stop beating about the bush and tell us how many Igbo presidential aspirants the Yorubas have voted for.

Is Peter Obi a candidate of either APC or PDP (the major political parties) ? Why did the Igbos suddenly have a choice ?
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by SenatePresdo(m): 11:34am On Aug 12, 2022
Built2last:
Front page material

See the sensational headline they gave it.#

They won't highlight this part of his statement. ''According to him, Awolowo once told him during his lifetime, “No, you must work with the Igbo because you cannot defeat these Fulani people alone”.

Awo insisted according to this article that Yoruba's need Igbos despite the incident but they want to ridicule and misinterpret what the old man is saying

The MODs are actively looking for anything that favours a certain candidate.

I posted many pictures of the Labour party conference holding in Abuja today.

2 MODs read it and moved on

This will hit front page in no time

Do not Bother yourself, Nairaland is not as popular as people thinks. Many people have heard about Nairaland, but vast majority doesn't source their news from here.

Twitter is the major outlet.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by lolu2019: 11:35am On Aug 12, 2022
butterfly777:
This OBIdient movement is so strong and ethnic sentiment can't even reduce the momentum. E no go werk.

Everyone of us can remember how we once had fights with our own brothers and sisters and even friends. But it doesn't make us eternal enemies, we resolve and move on. It is part of life.

Now, regardless of our past differences, Hausa, Igbos and Yorubas, and other tribes in Nigeria have risen above the pettiness of tribal sentiment to vote out the wicked party and reject those who want to continue the maladministration where Buhari stopped.

God forbid bad thing.

Omo Yoruba ni mi. Mo fe'ran Omo nna.
u can vote any one u like.who cares.but when the illiterates and misinformed among them start calling u betrayal,don't come back to us.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by kilisi(m): 11:43am On Aug 12, 2022
Angelawhite:

Stop beating about the bush and tell us how many Igbo presidential aspirants the Yorubas have voted for.

Is Peter Obi a candidate of either APC or PDP (the major political parties) ? Why did the Igbos suddenly have a choice ?

No correlation between your first and second point sir.

Rephrase it so that I can do justice to it.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by ukaface(f): 11:44am On Aug 12, 2022
The thing is
I don't know why these old men are trying so hard to cause a rift between Nigerians( yoruba and Igbo)

And I don't understand why, children wey no even understand the whole history between the two tribes will be hating each other.

All of you are insanely sick.
Everyone involved in this tribalism is SICK

Y'all should be thinking of moving forward as a country, rather y'all are bickering about and popping out bitter histories to worsen the situation.

Make Una clamour for division Na, Abi which kine rubbish be this one kwanu? Radarada

All of Una dey MAD

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Angelawhite(m): 11:45am On Aug 12, 2022
kilisi:

No correlation between your first and second point sir.

Rephrase it so that I can do justice to it.

Remove the tribal bias from your eyes. Read your comment I quoted, then read my response - very very slow. You go understand
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Adexxi(m): 11:45am On Aug 12, 2022
You need to be very careful the way you address Yorubas supporting other candidates . This life is choice sad.... During Awolowo era , not all Yorubas supported him , infact he was backstabbed by core people loyal to him .

As for the ipob people, na politics of hate go destroy them . Anyways I'm fully Atikulated . Power remains in the north . My dead body will never support Tinubu . We will kick him out same we lock his cousin out of office
Eyin Oloriburku yi
trutharena:
This is for some of the sophistico Yoruba youth that fell for the antics of Ibo people that always say they hate Tinubu not because he’s Yoruba and bla bla bla.

Awolowo was stoned when he went to the East to campaign back then and this is Pa Adebanjo the same Afenifere guy laying claim to that. Is Awolowo also a bad person like Tinubu according to the Ibos? Or why was he stoned?

Azikiwe campaigned easily in the SW but Awo was stoned in the SE for campaigning.

That’s the same thing they are doing to Tinubu. They are making sure he won’t be able to campaign in the SE, where they term any Igbo that support Tinubu as efulefu and always cancel them.

Yet the same people want to be left alone to campaign in the SW while some Yoruba guys with severe confusionists complex will be sheering them on.

The Yoruba are the only tribe in this country without tribal consciousness and it is as tho something is wrong.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by trutharena: 11:48am On Aug 12, 2022
Bar1941:

May God bless you for speaking the truth.

I just pity those senseless Yoruba youths that senselessly allowed those yeebos to play with their brains. Yeebos don't just hate Tinubu as a person, they hate the entire Yorubas as a race and that could be clearly seen even in recent time.

When the APC ceded the presidency to the south, simply because BAT and PYO were seen to be having upper hands, this yeebos categorically declared to support continuation of the Hausas in power.

Now they turned Biafra agitation to Obidient movement, threatened to kill any Igbo that supports a Yoruba man in the forthcoming election yet our people foolishly fall for their antics. It's really a pity many of us lack that ethnic consciousness and it's really affecting us.

As in bro, a big pity that some Yoruba lack that ethnic consciousness.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by trutharena: 11:50am On Aug 12, 2022
OkoRemi2023:

God bless you Brother

Yoruba lost Ilorin because of resentment among themselves and not because of Fulani conquest

if Afonja had agree for reconciliation between the Oyo empire then there is no we would have lose Ilorin/kwara state to Fulani

Fulani only thrive on a tribe disunity, they conquered Hausa with this, we Yoruba hate ourselves a lot. as far as am concern Tinubu have done a lot for Yoruba people that Obj yet Yoruba love the same obj that didn't do anything for Yoruba nation than Tinubu

Tinubu a detribalized politician, gave Igbo a level playing ground in Lagos somewhat that they can even contest in Yoruba land why you can't do in their own land, Ambode tried to reduce this igbo excesses in Lagos yet igbo still support him against Tinubu that's how much they hate him

I'm telling all Yorubas reading this post, any hate against Tinubu is hate for Yoruba nation either from Yoruba or igbo or anyone

Tinubu is our leader, we've no other leader to represent Yoruba nation, we must stand unity and support him, this obedient you people are doing, if you know how obi hate Yorubas you won't even dare support that fool

all this resentment must stop in Yoruba nation, Tinubu is a thief bla bla, tell me which politician is saint in Nigeria? is it Atiku that destroy education of Nigeria with his boss or peter obi that hoard money meant for infrastructures and development for his personal gains?

Tinubu is this and that yet he built companies that employed millions of Nigeria regardless of their tribe

Yoruba Nation, wake up don't sleep, the North are ready to pay Tinubu back by supporting him massively, we must not allow these hateful tribe to ruined our chances, they've lies and propaganda but we have sense and diplomatic approach

We must stand with Baba Seyi to the end, don't fall for igbo hate against Tinubu, they tried to ruined Lagos during endsars while their region was left untouched, even Edo people fall for their propaganda, wake up my people

God bless you.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by PharmacyStore: 11:50am On Aug 12, 2022
Very interesting article

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by PointZerom: 11:51am On Aug 12, 2022
sonofthunder:

Which of the people there told you they didn't know Awolowo was stoned?

grin grin grin grin

"They stoned Chief Awolowo. The stone hit his head. It was the Awo cap that saved the impact, we didn’t know"

Pls go back and read it again and stop disgracing yourself here.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Alpharey: 11:52am On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:
This is for some of the sophistico Yoruba youth that fell for the antics of Ibo people that always say they hate Tinubu not because he’s Yoruba and bla bla bla.

Awolowo was stoned when he went to the East to campaign back then and this is Pa Adebanjo the same Afenifere guy laying claim to that. Is Awolowo also a bad person like Tinubu according to the Ibos? Or why was he stoned?

Azikiwe campaigned easily in the SW but Awo was stoned in the SE for campaigning.

That’s the same thing they are doing to Tinubu. They are making sure he won’t be able to campaign in the SE, where they term any Igbo that support Tinubu as efulefu and always cancel them.

Yet the same people want to be left alone to campaign in the SW while some Yoruba guys with severe confusionists complex will be sheering them on.

The Yoruba are the only tribe in this country without tribal consciousness and it is as tho something is wrong.

Did you hear that? Without the Igbos you cannot deal with the Fulanis.. get that into your bone head
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by CockAndBullStor: 11:52am On Aug 12, 2022
Now, Afenifere has seen the bigotry behind their charade. This is how we are going to stone Peteru too.

The plans are concluded already, just a few months to hatch! Peteru come and campaign in the west and receive the beating of your life.

We are BATified in the west. Any omoluabi supporting the nimcompoop would be treated the same. If Tinubu cannot campaign in the east, then no ipob candidates would be allowed to denigrate our sovereignty in the west.

No one has monopoly of violence. It's an eye for an eye!
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Simplythebest: 11:53am On Aug 12, 2022
How many Anambra boy's selling gala in lagos? Stop being blind by hatred and tribalism cus it won't take u anywhere. Honestly i no ur type they are the once always come online to depend their grandfather even when they are suffering. Honestly i no ur type. Get welk soon
realestate99:

Igbo man shallow logic, those kids out of school during Obi's tenure in Anambra are now men selling gala in Lagos, Obi can not save himself talkless of the nation, when you achieve your Biafra , take him as your leader. A man that can't manage 2k can never manage 20k.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Zadaora: 11:54am On Aug 12, 2022
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Adexxi(m): 11:54am On Aug 12, 2022
Even if some of your words are still right but you are still wrong. No differences between you and the ipob people , just full of trablism. If yoruba must be together , why should your party give us Tinubu Someone largely hated in yoruba land.
Tinubu maa lule ni nothing you or your ancestors can do to convince us .

Enikure
Power remains in the north
AtikuOkowa 2023
BATified2023:
To all the Yorubas forming woke,can u now see clearly that igbos don’t love u n can never love u

They are decieving u that they would have preferred osinbajo but same people call osinbajo a fake pastor

The same people that hated awolowo,abiola n now tinubu are still d same person trying to turn your back against your people,what igbos do in Yoruba land n u woke Yorubas hail them u dare not do half of it in their region before they remove your head for u

History is about to repeat itself now,Peter obi is campaigning freely but they are issuing threats that tinubu dare not step foot into south east n u are still forming woke

Use your head n get d fact that the Fulani and the igbos are d same,the only difference is that the igbos don’t have federal power

The same people who mocked Yorubas then for being stupid on awolowo case n later said he took rat poison are still d same people who mocked abiola

Will u allow history to repeat itself by forming civil for people who never for once loved u

U think they love u now because they need your votes,many of those supporting obi today check their nairaland comments a year ago n see clearly their intention about Nigeria

Yoruba ronu a man who hates your father can never like u
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by kilisi(m): 11:55am On Aug 12, 2022
Angelawhite:

Remove the tribal bias from your eyes. Read your comment I quoted, then read my response - very very slow. You go understand

OK.

Bye!
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by CockAndBullStor: 11:56am On Aug 12, 2022
Alpharey:

Did you hear that? Without the Igbos you cannot deal with the Fulanis.. get that into your bone head
After we have responded in kind to what you did to Baba Awo, then we can sit down and tailor things out. You will all pay darely for what you did to Baba Awo in this coming election.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by BATified2023: 11:57am On Aug 12, 2022
Adexxi:
Even if some of your words are still right but you are still wrong. No differences between you and the ipob people , just full of trablism. If yoruba must be together , why should your party give us Tinubu Someone largely hated in yoruba land.
Tinubu maa lule ni nothing you or your ancestors can do to convince us .

Enikure
Power remains in the north
AtikuOkowa 2023
this is d delusion we are talking about

Name people who hate tinubu?
It’s d igbos that hate tinubu

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Viscuz: 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2022
BATified2023:

Always blaming people for your failure

You killed people in owo , then you shifted it before 24hours to okene people in kogi

Is this because of too much ewedu you guys cannot stand on two legs ?
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Gilgil: 12:01pm On Aug 12, 2022
Wow! That must gave been news-worthy event those days! Did any newspaper carry it or any print media? Ot shall we just believe an elder that comes now to say this?

And for what purpose is he saying this at this time?

trutharena:

Source: https://www.thequesttimes.com/flashback-how-igbos-attacked-us-stoned-awolowo-in-aba-adebanjo/
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Adexxi(m): 12:01pm On Aug 12, 2022
That proverb is for the olden days. Tinubu is a failed project . O maa lule ni . Why must your useless party give us cursed Tinubu Are there not better people in yoruba land again .

Power must remain in the north
Enikure
Turboking:
No, that's a statement of fact. These are not hear say, it was an event that actually happened and it's coming from those that witnessed it. We do not need to "go and verify" and for those gullible, misguided, myopic, and Lily livered Yoruba forming woke online it's high time you know the kind of fire you are playing with. Omo eni ki sedi bebere,ka fi ileke sidi Omo elomiii. Osewo.. choose your devil and allow me choose my demon in peace
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by BATified2023: 12:01pm On Aug 12, 2022
Viscuz:

Always blaming people for your failure

You killed people in owo , then you shifted it before 24hours to okene people in kogi

Is this because of too much ewedu you guys cannot stand on two legs ?
emeka

Esn will still kill you or your relatives anytime soon ooo watch your back
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by chriss100: 12:02pm On Aug 12, 2022
Built2last:

Did you see this part of that statement. According to him, Awolowo once told him during his lifetime, “No, you must work with the Igbo because you cannot defeat these Fulani people alone”. I bet you didn't read the instruction of AWO to the elderstates man because your heart is full of evil hatred

You can go to Anambra and burn buses. but if they catch you, you will be killed. The guy you have in court that burnt BRT buses may be innocent but it won't serve the narrative people like you would want to hear if the news came out and it was one Oluwole, hence, they have arrested one innocent Igbo man. Was there CCTV or any evidence to prove beyond doubt that the man burnt those buses.

Igbira boys moved from Kogi state and killed over 50 Yoruba indegenes in a church, You and your leaders are quiet because its not Igbo that did it. If a single Igbo man was on that list people like you would have been venting.

chill, Igbos are people you don't know what to do to. They are like wind. everywhere. you can't trap them.

Here are the names of the victims of the unfortunate Owo massacre. RIP to the dead!

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Viscuz: 12:03pm On Aug 12, 2022
BATified2023:
emeka

Esn will still kill you or your relatives anytime soon ooo watch your back

Kunle go and wash your brown Lace
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Adexxi(m): 12:06pm On Aug 12, 2022
Walk around yoruba land to know this ...A maa fi ibo soro ni 2023 . Tinubu no feel near winning . Na sw his defeat go start
Eyin oloriburuku
Enikure
North 2023
BATified2023:

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

Ararume's Daughter Weds In Abuja: David Mark, Amaechi, Dogara, Ngige, Attend / Femi Fani-kayode's Reacts To Supreme Court Ruling Upholding Makarfi-Led PDP / Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.