Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,125 members, 7,957,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:26 AM

Is Marriage Misery For Men?(photo Attached) - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Marriage Misery For Men?(photo Attached) (6003 Views)

Nigerian Woman Advises Women Dating Well-Endowed Men (Photo, Video) / Cris Galera: Model Marries Herself After Giving Up On Men (Photo) / Help Me: I Am Skinny (photo Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage Misery For Men?(photo Attached) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 13, 2022
The BEGINNING of DISASTER in any marriage is when the man has to apologize 1000 times to his wife for the error she (the wife) committed.
Most MEN have been trained to see such as the norm. Too many stupid philosophy out there.

U see a young wealthy man kneeling at public places every minute to ensure his wife smiles & calls him Hero.
The DAY he fails to do so because of knee Arthritis, his wife will suddenly turn into a Tigress.
Even LADIES wouldn't allow their brothers marry such Ladies. Be Warned!

Guys go & make WEALTH. Leave women 4now.
Get PS Games to keep yourself busy.
U can still have kids & give them the best.
MONEY does a lot.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Marriage Misery For Men?(photo Attached) by emmaodet: 10:04pm On Aug 13, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Don't mind them. They are still KIDS.
It takes MARRIED PEOPLE to give such counseling.
In the Roman Catholic Churches, Reverend Fathers who never get married pilot the affairs of marriage classes. How does such sound...?
In most of their marriage classes, mothers rarely get involved. Imagine Youths trooping into such without hearing from both experienced Genders.
I won't blame them.
Most Married men will tell they lost a lot the moment they got married.
The woman whom they taught was harmless & powerless became a viper.
She drove all their siblings away.
Kept their friends away.
Scared away business partners & many more.

That's the singular reason TIMAYA openly said he won't be getting married, after all he's got kids.
They only come to Nairaland to yell @ people.
Listen to men with experience.
We now have new breed of Ladies, unlike our mothers who were highly respectful.
Even if you must marry make sure the LADY loves you far more than you cherish her.

Gbam !!!

You have said it all bro
Re: Is Marriage Misery For Men?(photo Attached) by emmaodet: 10:04pm On Aug 13, 2022
Raalsalghul:

Someone might see this and say you are hating on women but I've seen this stuff happen in real life: very close to me.

It still surprises me up till today: feel for the guy though.

It is very very very common bro.
Just don’t have the time or power to start giving examples
Re: Is Marriage Misery For Men?(photo Attached) by Raalsalghul: 10:11pm On Aug 13, 2022
emmaodet:

It is very very very common bro.
Just don’t have the time or power to start giving examples

In my case, she was a friend of my cousin.

Knew her very well because she visited our house sometimes with my cousin and she's from Delta State: fair, pretty, tall.

Bro, nothing wey this babe no run for island:

Rich married men: check
Yahoo boys: check
Musicians artists: check.

But when it came to marriage, guess who she ended up with?

One guy that she grew up with together in the same street and friend zone for about 15 years +: the average 250/300 k earner and she was about 29 years at this time.

The funny thing is that it was my cousin and some of her other friends that convinced her to marry this guy.

In their own words, "he was a husband material" (same reasoning faculty and mentality).

I do shake my head in disgust whenever I hear stories of how the guy is running around trying to provide for their two kids which they have now.

Really feel for the dude.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage Misery For Men?(photo Attached) by cayorday89(m): 11:48pm On Aug 13, 2022
emmaodet:

Honestly, I envy you barchelors a lot.
I don’t have any problem with my married life but tbh, I missed bachelorhood.
That freedom - to go anywhere you like, sleep anywhere, travel for days without anybody calling or nagging, you can even lose your job and no shaking, you just drink your Garri silently while looking for another job. Nobody knows or care about what you are passing through unlike when you are married - depressed, worried about what your wife will say or do or your kids.
It is a very cheap life to live.
You don’t even need to worry about building a big house - 3 bedroom or duplex.
Just manage buy half plot and build a room and parkour self contain and you are good to go.
Should we talk about vacation? With just 500k, you can decide to travel to east Africa - Rwanda, Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia and Tanzania or a low cost pocket friendly vacation but for a family man, he will start thinking about wife and kids and the cost may shoot up to minimum of 1.5m.
t the end of the day, if he looks at the money to spend 1.5m plus other expenses lined up for him as a married man - school fees, house rent, clothing, feeding, other unseen emergency expenses, he won’t have a choice than to cancel that vacation. For how long will you continue doing that?

Hmmm, my father had a chat with me this night, let me say an unfriendly chat and I only chose to listen as a mark of respect and it's about getting married and having children unless one is unfulfilled for coming to this life, and you listing all these lifestyles of bachelorhood is tempting and so great for one to reason marriage and for my case I have not even experienced 0.1% of all that freedom, so it will be jumping from frying pan to fire which is taking orders from my parents and doing their bidding all of my life only to get married and still not have the freedom I so much craved for all on the altar of being a husband and a father... I will screenshot this and always show it to whoever my father will report me to at any point in time and ask them if they were in my shoe, will they get married so quick..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage Misery For Men?(photo Attached) by emmaodet: 12:34am On Aug 14, 2022
cayorday89:

Hmmm, my father had a chat with me this night, let me say an unfriendly chat and I only chose to listen as a mark of respect and it's about getting married and having children unless one is unfulfilled for coming to this life, and you listing all these lifestyles of bachelorhood is tempting and so great for one to reason marriage and for my case I have not even experienced 0.1% of all that freedom, so it will be jumping from frying pan to fire which is taking orders from my parents and doing their bidding all of my life only to get married and still not have the freedom I so much craved for all on the altar of being a husband and a father... I will screenshot this and always show it to whoever my father will report me to at any point in time and ask them if they were in my shoe, will they get married so quick..

Hahaha

You want to screen shot my comment?
No problem bro.
It is the truth.
The life a man is very very simple but when married, the expenses goes up.
You need a bigger apartment whether renting or building unlike a self-contain that is enough for a bachelor.
Just imagine all you have to worry about is building a self contain, that means even if you are earning 100k per month, as nigeria hard reach, you can conveniently buy a half plot of land in the low part of my area and build a self contain all within 2m

A am earning 100k will achieve that in 3/4 years but when married…………..building a house may jump to 7-10m and you know how many years that will take.
With 100-150k, you can decide to go use 3-5 days in ghana.
To and fro transport 30k as at last time I went. Don’t know the current price but shouldn’t be more than 40/50k
Hotel….7/8k per day
Other expenses ….. make that 50/70k and there you have it.
A good nice vacation and experience but I can’t say that for a married man.
Re: Is Marriage Misery For Men?(photo Attached) by cayorday89(m): 12:44am On Aug 14, 2022
emmaodet:

Hahaha

You want to screen shot my comment?
No problem bro.
It is the truth.
The life a man is very very simple but when married, the expenses goes up.
You need a bigger apartment whether renting or building unlike a self-contain that is enough for a bachelor.
Just imagine all you have to worry about is building a self contain, that means even if you are earning 100k per month, as nigeria hard reach, you can conveniently buy a half plot of land in the low part of my area and build a self contain all within 2m

A am earning 100k will achieve that in 3/4 years but when married…………..building a house may jump to 7-10m and you know how many years that will take.
With 100-150k, you can decide to go use 3-5 days in ghana.
To and fro transport 30k as at last time I went. Don’t know the current price but shouldn’t be more than 40/50k
Hotel….7/8k per day
Other expenses ….. make that 50/70k and there you have it.
A good nice vacation and experience but I can’t say that for a married man.

You did not lie sir, and there is this kind of unnecessary ranting from most married men, shouting unnecessarily at their children for things that is not worth it, I have several children who are fond of me, I no too get plenty problem to think about and I hardly take offence but caution them, so they play and are always free with me in a way they will never try with their fathers and now I can underatnd with all the expenses listed up there that it is enough to make a man frustrated and take offence on little things..

I bought a new Earpiece yesterday and one of the ears spoilt today just because I paid a family visit after about 3mths and the children did not let me rest they were just all over me till they ended up spoiling the Earpiece, but if their dad was around they would have been calm or tell me to come join them in their room.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Misery For Men?(photo Attached) by emmaodet: 12:51am On Aug 14, 2022
cayorday89:

You did not lie sir, and there is this kind of unnecessary ranting from most married men, shouting unnecessarily at their children for things that is not worth it, I have several children who are fond of me, I no too get plenty problem to think about and I hardly take offence but caution them, so they play and are always free with me in a way they will never try with their fathers and now I can underatnd with all the expenses listed up there that it is enough to make a man frustrated and take offence on little things..

I bought a new Earpiece yesterday and one of the ears spoilt today just because I paid a family visit after about 3mths and the children did not let me rest they were just all over me till they ended up spoiling the Earpiece, but if their dad was around they would have been calm or tell me to come join them in their room.

Yes, that is true.
It’s well bro
Re: Is Marriage Misery For Men?(photo Attached) by Onlinebar: 2:31am On Aug 14, 2022
What I have had in mind for a long time is to not get married. It's absolutely an unnecessary burden, with almost zero advantages for a man.

All of a sudden you have to be responsible for the emotions of another adult human (a very complex one at that)....even if you are financially bouyant. Absolutely not worth it!!! If you are not financially stable, that is double trouble -- one is your complete choosing, the other may be due to circumstances. Again, absolutely not worth it!!!!

So, one solution I've always thought is to just adopt two smart boys, hire a nanny at intervals as they grow, and completely focus on myself and projects. This way, I avoid that burden in many ways since the nanny is way advanced in age, and hired to do a job. No strings attached.

I also believe the opposite gender become more emotionally stable as the get older. They have a sense of responsibility for their own lives at this stage (not pinning it to a male), and they already realize that life is not a bed of roses. This may be why almost all my female friends are way older than me.

I'll have a financial responsibility to my adopted boys, and they will be indepted to me for this. This way, a man can live a drama-free and peaceful life happily ever after.

P.S: There could be flaws in this model that I'm not aware of now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage Misery For Men?(photo Attached) by jeromestarks: 6:10am On Aug 14, 2022
emmaodet:

grin

I don’t blame her.
She is a woman so it is understandable.

Women will fight violently to keep the marriage scheme going.
It is a massive retirement plan for many women who never planned their lives or who are busy enjoying today, clubbing, banging different ducks with the hope that somewhere, somehow, somebody is busy reading, enduring, hustling, discomforting himself today so as to make his own future better tomorrow for them to live in.
Somebody has to and that person must be a man and we must not discourage him or enlighten him about the situation of things.
He has to be kept in the dark with the hope of getting an over used woman as compensation which he must even be grateful to have i future.
Cha.. yi, this one go pain those idiots wey don open their legs for man wey no go marry them because of eggs and indomie.

One of them go sing song say " somebody son go find me one day..." Na the prayer of all these useless Nigerian girls be dat right from secondary school.
May the marriage be hell on earth for those who has slept with more than one Man. Amen!

You're comrade. May we only fvck such women but may we never marry them.

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage Misery For Men?(photo Attached) by ashewoboy(m): 8:21am On Aug 14, 2022
Lalasticlala. Where you dey?
Re: Is Marriage Misery For Men?(photo Attached) by virginboy1(m): 10:17am On Aug 17, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

I am married, and it's good u asked but I meant what I typed. I rarely attend weddings diz days.
It's not worth it these days. IF you can't get the quality of our mothers in your Financee (undiluted respect from your wife to be) then the marriage is already marked for extinction.

Let's take Flavour, David & Wizkid... for examples.

Word
Let's also take Genevieve for example too.
IF these People had gotten married ab intio, their marriages would have collapsed.
The more advanced humans become, the more complicated they get.

Our LADIES are now empowered & advanced.
They can no longer take shit from men. IF you can't take shit, why get married?
Mere glossing over spouse's phones for side chicks have led to numerous avoidable deaths.

Word wey makes sense
Re: Is Marriage Misery For Men?(photo Attached) by virginboy1(m): 10:34am On Aug 17, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Honestly, MODERN MARRIAGE was designed to deprive many men of peace of mind. A MAN can comfortably have kids without getting married.
All that is required of him is to show undiluted responsibility towards the kids.

Similar things are happening across the World.
WHITEMEN hardly get married these days.
Call your Friends in Europe & the Americas and ask them the number of weddings they have attended in a single year. Most Diasporans haven't seen what wedding card looks like in Europe & America.
Meanwhile, in Africa, MEN save up cash to marry Ladies who end up demeaning & Insulting them.

Ask most Ladies who relocated abroad how many men have approached them?
MEN hardly get close to them now not to talk of interact for fear of being slammed with charges.

Most married MEN in Europe & the US have multiple cameras overseeing their apartments for fear of being slammed with LIES by the women whom they professed Love for..
IF marriage gets to that Level, then it's USELESS!

Honestly the sole reason I may get married here in Africa is the have a kid.

Maybe with time I might not give a damn
Re: Is Marriage Misery For Men?(photo Attached) by ashewoboy(m): 12:44pm On Aug 20, 2022
Lalasticlala.
Re: Is Marriage Misery For Men?(photo Attached) by Ilekokonit: 1:33am On Aug 31, 2022
Marriage is a case of fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

Rush in at your own peril.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage Misery For Men?(photo Attached) by satandeterrible: 9:15am On Aug 31, 2022
Marriage is a very risky and unwise venture for any man to undertake in this current dispensation.

Only foolish men go into marriage these days and they always realise their folly when it becomes too late.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Misery For Men?(photo Attached) by emmanuelbrown26: 9:55am On Aug 31, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Abeg bring project topics come make i write. I dey find money grin grin
Sorry for my long epistles, but naa serious matter be this now. I dey ontop of 5 fresh cases now. One marriage Nada just 2 weeks old.
Peace don waka enter oblivion.
Sir, thank Jah that I hv found a comr that has same like mind with me, Infact Nairaland delilah always see me as a woman hater. I keep asking same question, what's d benefit of marriage to a man? And I'm yet to get d answer
Re: Is Marriage Misery For Men?(photo Attached) by emmanuelbrown26: 10:04am On Aug 31, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
The BEGINNING of DISASTER in any marriage is when the man has to apologize 1000 times to his wife for the error she (the wife) committed.
Most MEN have been trained to see such as the norm. Too many stupid philosophy out there.

U see a young wealthy man kneeling at public places every minute to ensure his wife smiles & calls him Hero.
The DAY he fails to do so because of knee Arthritis, his wife will suddenly turn into a Tigress.
Even LADIES wouldn't allow their brothers marry such Ladies. Be Warned!

Guys go & make WEALTH. Leave women 4now.
Get PS Games to keep yourself busy.
U can still have kids & give them the best.
MONEY does a lot.
U bi comr wey deserve MVP of d century jare
Re: Is Marriage Misery For Men?(photo Attached) by Sukkyy2010: 10:16am On Aug 31, 2022
Divay22:
Maybe if we stop lieing to ourselves that it will forever be bliss...
Communication with your partner will go a long way in sustaining your marriage....

Marriage is a beautiful union, it's just your partner that you don't know well enough before agreeing to do life with them.
Nagging is women nature this, even the right one will nag generally women does nag irrespective the man commitment they'll find way to take advantage of his commitment. Your gender is so unpleasant by nature.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Misery For Men?(photo Attached) by Alibaba0: 10:16am On Aug 31, 2022
Don't ever get married my brothers, she will rip u and cos u untimely death....that is why u have landlady's everywhere instead of landlord that built the house who's now dead and forgotten

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Misery For Men?(photo Attached) by Divay22(f): 11:51am On Aug 31, 2022
Sukkyy2010:

Nagging is women nature this, even the right one will nag generally women does nag irrespective the man commitment they'll find way to take advantage of his commitment. Your gender is so unpleasant by nature.
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Am i going nuts?Pls advice / Whot I See In An Musque(pics Inside) / This Unilag Girl Strips And Dances To Olamide's WO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.