Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,916 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? (14928 Views)

Do You Fake Been A Christian An An Atheist In Nigeria? / Did You Become An Atheist In 2018? / Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Acidosis(m): 3:03pm On Aug 14, 2022
Irreligion is a religion. You can't believe in nothing. You may not be a Christian or a Muslim but you must believe in something.

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:04pm On Aug 14, 2022
GodsOwnMan:

you are just twisting your brain into pretzels. Belief means arriving to a position without reason.

Wrong! No one can arrive at a position without a reason. Everyone has a reason, the only difference is that many are not fully conscious of their reasons for arriving at a position.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 3:05pm On Aug 14, 2022
TenQ:

Thank you and I've asked you enough times

Is an infinite regress of Course and Effect logically and Scientifically possible?
This is your first time of asking me!

Are you taking all what science said as possible and not possible to be FACT, before we go on?
No strawman fallacy here.
By the way, scientists says they don’t know.

And do you also know an effect can occur before a cause? Is it logically and scientifically possible?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by GodsOwnMan: 3:07pm On Aug 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
Wrong! No one can arrive at a position without a reason. Everyone has a reason, the only difference is that many are not fully conscious of their reasons for arriving at a position.

Okay. I just arrived at a conclusion that you are actually a monkey typing from a zoo.

Is that reason?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by GodsOwnMan: 3:08pm On Aug 14, 2022
Manhood85:

Its a very simple question:

where did your god come from?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Sojourner2000(m): 3:08pm On Aug 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

There is Only One Way for people to get all the good things they are looking for and pursuing in this world.

Only One Way.

There is No Other.

It is The Way, The Only Way in which The Good Mighty Owner and King has made for people to find them.

But, people never listen!

And who is this good mighty owner?
And what exactly is the way?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by LeHMaR(m): 3:09pm On Aug 14, 2022
Wow, it'd seem smart to just tell Muslims that you're Christian and Christian that you're Muslims to not be disturbed until your life after that is dependent on the answer you give.
emmy512:
I actually fake being a muslim instead.

that way they just live me Bleep alone.

people trying to invite me to church always.
once i say i'm muslim they back off.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by GodsOwnMan: 3:09pm On Aug 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
::

Faith is the opposite of Reason.

Please go back to school.

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:12pm On Aug 14, 2022
GodsOwnMan:

Okay. I just arrived at a conclusion that you are actually a monkey typing from a zoo.

Is that reason?

No! The Reason is that "you do not like what I have said especially as you have no good counter to it, so, you choose to see me as a monkey and not a human being like you, so that you may be able to sleep well tonight. grin
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Emeskhalifa(m): 3:12pm On Aug 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

That is a fuqing Lie! They dont. And they always confess this Truth when they are not marketing and Life hits them hard that they had no choice but to confess the Truth.

So, No,son, No one acquires it. Only the True Children God have it.

Thought we could have a logical conversation and get to understand eachother's point view but with this aggression and swear word, abeg I no get the strength.
One thing I want you to know is, all the goodness, mercy etc you mentioned, others of different faith/no faith are enjoying it in fact some are even having better lives when compared to the people of faith.
Good bye Sir.

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TenQ: 3:14pm On Aug 14, 2022
Maynman:

It looks like you’ve NEVER read on what theism and atheism is.

Your logic is the one that collapsed in front of you, I never mentioned “buhari” talkless of “president”. You’ve started believing abi instead of seeing fact, believer?

God is a title. Title for what? you can put “god the problem” it doesn’t matter.
Indoctrinated Theists like you are ignorance of what they worship.

God is an English word, where does it come from?
What language was tanakh and New Testament written in.
Your ignorance is glaring, no wonder you are worshipping god.

Bwahahahah, now we have the standard definition of atheism.
And theism will be the opposite of this right?

Theism is not a BELIEF in Yahweh or Allah or Vishnu BUT a BELIEF in the existence of any DEITY/God! cheesy

You are the one who STUPIDLY invented a phase I never said and Beloved it enough to claim to quote it!

If you are NOT as I claimed please, QUOTE me properly.

You who didn't know that there are two kinds of satanism!?

Please quote me if you are not a LIAR like the one who lives inside you
It is a challenge!
Quote me!

Here was what I said:
TenQ:

As newbie Atheists probably you are not aware that Atheism is not a DISBELIEF in Yahweh or Allah or Vishnu BUT a Disbelief in the existence of any DEITY/God!
So you see that you are the one who need to go back to read up what you've been brainwashing yourself with.

The question of which God/Deity is irrelevant. You are the one who has thoroughly misappropriated the definition of Atheism you claim to be!

As their father is , so they are!
SMH!!
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by GodsOwnMan: 3:15pm On Aug 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
grin. grin

So me thinking you are a monkey typing from a zoo is not reasonable/logical?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by ezewealth(m): 3:16pm On Aug 14, 2022
CandyOps:

I don't understand you, bros. It's like saying, "since you like smoking why don't you smoke openly and walk around with a lighter everywhere you go."

Perception is everything bro. How people see you and the image you project is everything. So if Nigerians see an irreligious person as 'satanic' why would I want to associate myself to that image?

Even Jay-Z said, "Niggas couldn't do nothing with me; they put the devil on me
I'd have preferred niggas to squeeze the metal on me"

Christians tend to talk down on Moslems for being radical especially when you blasphem. But they on the other hand cant stand it when someone becomes illuminated and sees religion for what it is. They'll literally bannish you amongst them.

See what they (religious people) did to Salman Rushdie because of a novel he wrote decades ago called The Satanic Verses.

I don't engage superstitious folks at all.
I don't like to be a bearer of bad news.

Because accepting a new truth has stages.

Every problem passes through three stages on the way to acceptance: First, it appears laughable; second, it is fought against; third, it is considered self-evident.

When people are told a Truth that shocks their core values the first reaction is Denial or you laugh about it.

Then you'll vehemently deny it because it means to say that everything they have ever believed in their lives was wrong

And people don't like being wrong or 'stupid'

So when you front your irreligious views and show people certain truths you'll be at the receiving end of that hatred. Which is why superstitious people dread atheists and irreligious people.

Then you have gradual acceptance because it's evident but you never had someone show it to you in a different angle before

I only engage in religious topics if I notice you have passed at least the first 2 stages of dealing with the shock of accepting the truth.

The same trend is currently happening with Peter Obis movement in Nigeria.

We first laughed at his ambitions..
Then he's being fought
Next thing is gradual acceptance because even the blind can see that our country needs a COMPLETE OVERHAUL
God!! see intelligence, your the kind of person I love to be friends with, no homo

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TenQ: 3:17pm On Aug 14, 2022
Maynman:

Elohim are sons of EL.
Elohim mean gods in hebrew.
A TITLE used for any DEITY!
Even Idols are called Elohim in the bible!

Your ignorance of these simple things is appalling!
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 3:19pm On Aug 14, 2022
Is theist and theistic satanist the same thing?

TenQ:

You are the one who STUPIDLY invented a phase I never said and Beloved it enough to claim to quote it!

If you are NOT as I claimed please, QUOTE me properly.

You who didn't know that there are two kinds of satanism!?

Please quote me if you are not a LIAR like the one who lives inside you
It is a challenge!
Quote me!

Here was what I said:

As their father is , so they are!
SMH!!

Are you dumb?
Is Atheism not the opposite of theism?
Go look up on origin of the word, or the “standard definition”.

read and don’t rush.

I said:
Bwahahahah, now we have the standard definition of atheism.
And theism will be the opposite of this right?

Theism is not a BELIEF in Yahweh or Allah or Vishnu BUT a BELIEF in the existence of any DEITY/God!

As their father, yaldaboath, So they are.
SMH!
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:19pm On Aug 14, 2022
Emeskhalifa:

Thought we could have a logical conversation and get to understand eachother's point view but with this aggression and swear word, abeg I no get the strength.
One thing I want you to know is, all the goodness, mercy etc you mentioned, others of different faith/no faith are enjoying it in fact some are even having better lives when compared to the people of faith.
Good bye Sir.

If you are fair and reasonable, you would that there was nothing aggressive in what I said. I was only being too overconfident in stating the fact that what you said is completely untrue and I now know you knew that,

But, because you believe this Lie, you are very unhappy that I have come to burst it.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 3:22pm On Aug 14, 2022
TenQ:

A TITLE used for any DEITY!
Even Idols are called Elohim in the bible!

Your ignorance of these simple things is appalling!

Read slowly chrestian.
Elohim are sons of EL.
Elohim mean gods in hebrew.

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by SmartPolician: 3:22pm On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:

I came to the age of reason.

You have never faced a serious life challenge like someone using fetish ways to negatively affect your life. If you have, you wouldn't have been saying this.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:23pm On Aug 14, 2022
GodsOwnMan:

So me thinking you are a monkey typing from a zoo is not reasonable/logical?

Now you are introducing "reasonable and logical". This is a change of Post.

The issue was just "reason" alone as proven below

GodsOwnMan:

Is that reason?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TenQ: 3:23pm On Aug 14, 2022
GodsOwnMan:

So your palestinian god came from NOTHING?
Khai!

I don't know if it is a comprehension problem or cerebral freeze-up!

TenQ:

He was ALWAYS!

Is the infinite regress of cause and effect Scientifically and Logically feasible or possible?

Do think what you said is a representation of The highlighted?
SMH!!

Answer me please:
Is the infinite regress of cause and effect Scientifically and Logically feasible or possible?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by GodsOwnMan: 3:25pm On Aug 14, 2022
TenQ:

Then I put it to you that the universe was ALWAYS and hence needs no god to create it. QED.

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by GodsOwnMan: 3:27pm On Aug 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
Now you are introducing "reasonable and logical". This is a change of Post.The issue was just "reason" alone as proven below

So, you will say it is reasonable for me to conclude that there is a monkey posting on Nairaland from a zoo?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2022
GodsOwnMan:

Faith is the opposite of Reason.

Please go back to school.

See yourself. Yet you would have called yourself "freethinkers" but now you say school is the repository of knowledge.

It would have been honourable to have stayed silent rather than say speak wrongly because you did-not-know and you could not find any reasonable counter to my answer.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by GodsOwnMan: 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
See yourself. Yet you would have called yourself "freethinkers" but now you say school is the repository of knowledge.It would have been honourable to have stayed silent rather than say speak wrongly because you did-not-know and you could not find any reasonable counter to my answer.

Question: Does Reason require faith?

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by LeHMaR(m): 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2022
If it's monotheism you speak of, then you're still wrong... Its 3 religion and not 2 with Judaism included.. Several religions are also henotheistic doesn't mean they don't believe in punishment for not worshipping thei God.
But let's live in your world, still my quote still stands...You don't believe in 1 and I don't believe in the two.. What's the difference?? You're still a atheist in the eyes of the other religion.. Oh i forget, you have a 50% chance of making heaven. While i have zero.
TenQ:

Too easy to sieve through them
17998 gods do not care of exclusivity of obeisance, they also do not promise eternal reward for their adherents neither do they promise punishment for evil people. Therefore, there is nothing to be worried about them.

Only two seem completely different
1. Yahweh of the Christians and Jews
2. Allah of the Muslims

See, I've simplified your problem .

LOL!!

Your argument is extremely weak!!!

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:32pm On Aug 14, 2022
GodsOwnMan:

So, you will say it is reasonable for me to conclude that there is a monkey posting on Nairaland from a zoo?

Change of Post!

You demanded for reason.

GodsOwnMan:

Is that reason?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TheSourcerer: 3:32pm On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:
Is it wise to play along with been a Christian as an Atheist? I am finding it difficult to fake, it seems like a major blow to myself to lie to myself.
I don't , I let them teach me , then I educate them .
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by SisterFire(f): 3:36pm On Aug 14, 2022
I do fake it speaking in tongues to fool pastors .
Do I know u leetylee
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:38pm On Aug 14, 2022
GodsOwnMan:

Question: Does Reason require faith?

I clearly said "Faith is Good Sound Reason based on Good Sound Knowing aka (Knowledge)."

So based on my answer faith and reason are connected like a car with its steering wheel, tyres, engine, chairs, transmission, pedals etc and all the things necessary to make that take a person from one destination to another.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:41pm On Aug 14, 2022
Sojourner2000:

And who is this good mighty owner?
And what exactly is the way?

That is your first problem and the beginning of all your problems.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Bobbiee: 3:41pm On Aug 14, 2022
Nigerians are very conservative, to say the list. Most of my friends and family know me for who I really am. But sometimes when you need something, for instance, when applying for a job, or at the office, you may have to fake it. Otherwise you may miss out on some opportunities due to sheer superstition and ignorance on the part of your employers.

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by UnknownQueen(f): 3:46pm On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:

How you prefer to behave like others and live a long life, or live the way you want to and for a while no matter the consequence.

The former

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Crossover Services Threatened As FG Restricts Religious Gatherings To 50% Capaci / Was Satan By Default An Angel? Prove It If You Think Jesus Never Exist As Angel / The Divine Way Men And Women Are Created By God And Its Pitfalls

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63