Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? (14978 Views)

Do You Fake Been A Christian An An Atheist In Nigeria? / Did You Become An Atheist In 2018? / Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by GodsOwnMan: 1:28pm On Aug 14, 2022
TenQ:
So you believe in the Spectacular Miracle that everything that exist including their programmings came out of NOTHING!?

Where did god come from?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 14, 2022
UnknownQueen:

38th Law of power- Think As you may but behave as others......Nuff Said....
How you prefer to behave like others and live a long life, or live the way you want to and for a while no matter the consequence.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 14, 2022
BePrepared:

But many folks that were 'reasonable atheists' later came back to become strong Christians and even apologists, what do u think turn their reason.

CS Lewis
Lee Strobel
Many folks and you mentioned two.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by GodsOwnMan: 1:31pm On Aug 14, 2022
Wilgrea7:
Certain theists are willing to physically harm.. or ostracize unbelievers if they have the opportunity. The constitution doesn't protect religious freedom as much as it should. If Nigeria could have open debates like they do in America where you won't be worried about your safety afterwards.. then I'll be the first to jump on it

Show me evidence of atheists attacking christians in Nigeria. I can show you evidence of muslims attacking (and even killing) non-believers. I can show you evidence of Christians destroying the properties of traditional worshippers. Show me evidence of atheists attacking non-atheists in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by triplechoice(m): 1:31pm On Aug 14, 2022
Maynman:

Of course everyone is born an atheist.
Ask a 6 baby what does “god” mean.

No one is born an atheist. The idea that everyone is born an atheist is a false narrative being pushed forward by some atheist who don't want to accept responsibility for the decision they have taken not to believe in a god without evidence.

They also want to create the impression that being an atheist is natural since we were all born that way. But this is not true.

I see it has shifting the blame for what they have chosen to become, and one needs to ask ,why? There's nothing really wrong in towing the part of reason over religious indoctrination.

Being an atheist is the personal conviction that deities do not exist and there is enough reason to take that postion.

Babies don't have such conviction yet. They're
born neutral and so can't be labelled as atheist, theist or anything else.

Apart from the religious God or gods presented to use by the different religion in our midst, nobody is sure if something that be liken to a God doesn't exist

So the correct thing is that babies are born neutral and not atheist

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 14, 2022
cooooooks tongue
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 1:32pm On Aug 14, 2022
triplechoice:

No one is born an atheist. The idea that everyone is born an atheist is a false narrative being pushed forward by some atheist who don't want to accept responsibility for the decision they have taken not to believe in a god without evidence.

They also want to create the impression that being an atheist is natural since we were all born that way. But this is not true.

I see it has shifting the blame for what they have chosen to become, and one needs to ask ,why? There's nothing really wrong in towing the part of reason over religious indoctrination.

Being an atheist is the personal conviction that deities do not exist and there is enough reason to take that postion.

Babies don't have such conviction yet. They're
born neutral and so can't be labelled as atheist, theist or anything else.

Apart from the religious God or gods presented to use by the different religion in our midst, nobody is sure if something that be liken to a God doesn't exist

So the correct thing is that babies are born neutral and not atheist

My bad, i meant everyone is born an agnostic.
They can’t believe or disbelieve in what they know NOTHING about.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 14, 2022
Ekugbeh:
were you born an atheist
Where you born a theist? Nobody is born with any believe, your believe is dependent on your parents/guardians.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by GodsOwnMan: 1:33pm On Aug 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
ATHEISM sound illogical so no sane individual can be proud of being an atheist!

If religion is LOGICAL and based on reason, then why is it called FAITH?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by GodsOwnMan: 1:35pm On Aug 14, 2022
TenQ:
God is simply a TITLE used by Christians to depict the SOURCE and ORIGIN of Everything!

Believe in God existed tens of thousands of years before Christianity. Christianity is a relatively new religion. Get your facts right.

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by GodsOwnMan: 1:36pm On Aug 14, 2022
Templee333:
The eternal One, The I am that I am, The Ancient of days, The Rock of ages

You are just throwing words around without answering the question. Where did your palestinian god come from?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by xeju: 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2022
Rosrozz:
Most atheists are never bold to come out, just some online gragra but in reality they hide their heads in shame which brings me to ask why would a sane person practice what he/she isn’t proud of?
Na childishness dey worry you
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2022
TenQ:

God is simply a TITLE used by Christians to depict the SOURCE and ORIGIN of Everything!

Claiming You Don't know that EVERYTHING has a SOURCE is like an Ostrich burying its head in the Sand.

Do you really think everything we see plus all their programmings is a mere spectacular accident?

You mean Christians created the term “god” which you’ve been conditioned to put capital g as “God”?
Bwahahahah

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2022
xeju:

Na childishness dey worry you
You too
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by GodsOwnMan: 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2022
TenQ:
Excellente!God is that ENIGMA who was when Everywhere was EMPTY.He is the ONLY self existing CONSCIOUSNESS!What a privilege to know Him!

Where did your god come from?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by GodsOwnMan: 1:38pm On Aug 14, 2022
TenQ:

You are my proof!

You exist!
You are Conscious!!
A perfect Machine of Flesh, Blood, Brain, Nerve AND the PROGRAMMING!

Let me ask you a question:
[b]Can a computer program write itself
?[/b]

Where did the programmer come from?

4 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by ICEKING95(m): 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:
Is it wise to play along with been a Christian as an Atheist? I am finding it difficult to fake, it seems like a major blow to myself to lie to myself.
Until you can give a scientific meaning to Miracles and Divine Healing, don't tell me that God is not real!.. He Is Real.. Don't be Deceived
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Templee333(m): 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2022
UnknownQueen:

38th Law of power- Think As you may but behave as others......Nuff Said....
what abt the 1st to 37th? I'd like to knw
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by jclassiq(m): 1:46pm On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:
Is it wise to play along with been a Christian as an Atheist? I am finding it difficult to fake, it seems like a major blow to myself to lie to myself.

Lol.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Owiz22: 1:48pm On Aug 14, 2022
My brother, you are not alone and it is not easy. However, we know the country we live in and must be wise in our dealings

salam

Jennygold111:
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by jclassiq(m): 1:52pm On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:

I came to the age of reason.
So where has the reason got you dear? Are you more enlightened now? Do you now know the meaning of life? Do you now know how you came to be? Or you just assume the big bang theory, you just materialized from thin air?

I don't think this has to do with your family or people around you. It has everything to do with you.
Deep inside you, you know that atheism is the real "living a lie." How can you not believe in a supreme being that designed the wonderful universe as we know it. And you as a human being, have you even taken the time to study your body? You think that is all just come accident.

My dear lady, you are not yet an atheist. Infact you are very much theist. When you an atheist, even you will know.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Templee333(m): 1:53pm On Aug 14, 2022
GodsOwnMan:

You are just throwing words around without answering the question. Where did your palestinian god come from?
if u try to argue with me we will not get anywhere. U can't understand me even if u go through all my posts in this forum. Btw,why did u link me with a palestinian God? Am i frm palestine?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 14, 2022
jclassiq:

So where has the reason got you dear? Are you more enlightened now? Do you now know the meaning of life? Do you now know how you came to be? Or you just assume the big bang theory, you just materialized from thin air?

I don't think this has to do with your family or people around you. It has everything to do with you.
Deep inside you, you know that atheism is the real "living a lie." How can you not believe in a supreme being that designed the wonderful universe as we know it. And you as a human being, have you even taken the time to study your body? You think that is all just come accident.

My dear lady, you are not yet an atheist. Infact you are very much theist. When you an atheist, even you will know.
Age of reason and not age of knowing.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by jclassiq(m): 1:56pm On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:

Not my intention and at the same time I don't think there is a mild way to put it. As a practicing Catholic for more than 20 years before seeing and reading arguement from the other side, I don't think any reasonable person would not question things further.

If you are at the stage of questioning things then you can say you are a sceptic or agnostic.

You haven't yet assumed atheism yet.

The best form of religion is to know your maker on your own. Decide within yourself if you want to believe in a supreme God who created the universe. And who directs your life, or otherwise.

I'm not so good at talking. But you must make up your mind.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 14, 2022
jclassiq:

If you are at the stage of questioning things then you can say you are a sceptic or agnostic.

You haven't yet assumed atheism yet.

The best form of religion is to know your maker on your own. Decide within yourself if you want to believe in a supreme God who created the universe. And who directs your life, or otherwise.

I'm not so good at talking. But you must make up your mind.
Did you have to make up your mind to believe that 1+1=2 . ?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by emmy512: 1:58pm On Aug 14, 2022
I actually fake being a muslim instead.

that way they just live me Bleep alone.

people trying to invite me to church always.
once i say i'm muslim they back off.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by GodsOwnMan: 1:58pm On Aug 14, 2022
Templee333:
if u try to argue with me we will not get anywhere. U can't understand me even if u go through all my posts in this forum. Btw,why did u link me with a palestinian God? Am i frm palestine?

Answer the question: where did your god come from?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by 100PercentNaija: 2:00pm On Aug 14, 2022
Maynman:

Can you believe, yet believe in nothing?

Take a moment to sit down and ask yourself this question: What is nothing?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by LeHMaR(m): 2:01pm On Aug 14, 2022
If any Christian or Muslim can be true to themselves. Answer this. If you were born into a Buddhist family or Hindu family?? Whay are the chances that you'll be Christian or Muslim today?? You might lie to yourself and think you'll still believe in your current religion..
But think for a moment, Hypothetically, let's say the Buddhist god is the real God and no other Religion is allowed into heaven. Wouldn't you ask what kind of God would allow you to be born into a non-bhuddist family if he knows it'll influence your religion?
But we both know that your God will punish you for thinking that even if Hypothetically, despite the fact that he made your brain capable of thinking that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by LegalWolf: 2:01pm On Aug 14, 2022
Rosrozz:
Most atheists are never bold to come out, just some online gragra but in reality they hide their heads in shame which brings me to ask why would a sane person practice what he/she isn’t proud of?

Because you conservative christians are mob of fanatics.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by PoeticMind: 2:02pm On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:

Atheist is not a belief. Is abstinence a sex position?

You're are wrong actually because atheism by definition can either be described as a lack of belief in the existence of any deity or divine being or the belief that God(s) doesn't (do not) exist.

I think the analogy you were looking to make applies more to religion vis-a-vis sex positions, and not to belief systems. Because even even a lack of belief in a concept is also a form of belief.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:04pm On Aug 14, 2022
thesicilian:

That's not a fair answer. It's almost as if we're fighting. Your answer suggests that every theist is unreasonable or immature in terms of reasoning faculty. I believe you should be able to make your point without trying to bring down others at the same time.

Pls where exactly did she bring anyone down here?

Sorry to ask sir, are you trying guilt trip her or what?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Celebrates His 76th Birthday / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin / Can You Cancel Marriage Because Of Church Denominations Difference?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.