Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,910 members, 7,828,189 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? (14952 Views)

Do You Fake Been A Christian An An Atheist In Nigeria? / Did You Become An Atheist In 2018? / Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 2:04pm On Aug 14, 2022
100PercentNaija:

Take a moment to sit down and ask yourself this question: What is nothing?

Non significant.

What’s belief?

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Templee333(m): 2:05pm On Aug 14, 2022
GodsOwnMan:

Answer the question: where did your god come from?
u must be directing ur question to the wrong person
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by OLULAW: 2:06pm On Aug 14, 2022
A relation of mine was a Roman Catholic priest. He went to Canada for graduate studies, and currently work as a professor. Not only did he request to be laicised (i.e. released from the priesthood), he self-declared as an agnostic. Some of his friends and relatives ostracized him whilst only a few associate with him, especially whenever he visited Nigeria. His parents are still crossed with him as I write.

Most Christians andcMuslims are fake any way, living contrary to their professed faith - hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TenQ: 2:06pm On Aug 14, 2022
bukatyne:

Lol @ 'spectacular miracle'

@OP: if you do not believe in God or Church, then don't bother going.

I also believe you can manage yourself if you don't live with your parents and make your stance respectful known.

@Aggressive Christians: please stop disgracing us and quit forcing people to convert. It is the Holy Spirit that convicts people and Jesus clearly told us that people don't listen to your message, dust your feet and move on.

You believe in miracles: don't you?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by GodsOwnMan: 2:07pm On Aug 14, 2022
Templee333:

u must be directing ur question to the wrong person

You cannot answer. Good. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by SenatePresdo(m): 2:07pm On Aug 14, 2022
thesicilian:

I don't really think it's shame that makes them to keep their beliefs to themselves, I think it's more of the fact that most people are generally judgemental and the moment they find out that you don't serve "their God", their attitude towards you might change in a flash. Not to mention the fact that at some point you just get tired of arguing with people

The last stage of Atheism is realising that the term God/Gods are Superior beings that shares the same Universe with us, they existed before us, they have evolved more than us, their Technology is currently metaphysical.

Science calls them Aliens.

That's what our religious people worships.

When our technology advances the more and we have major breakthroughs in astronomy and quantum mechanics.

Then the perceived mystery behind religion would be unveiled.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 2:07pm On Aug 14, 2022
TenQ:

You believe in miracles: don't you?

A miracle is generally defined, according to the etymology of the word—it comes from the Greek thaumasion and the Latin miraculum—as that which causes wonder and astonishment, being extraordinary in itself and amazing or inexplicable by normal standards.

We have so many magicians that can do that. Even in Christianity you can see the mockery of “miracles”
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by ThankGodFriday(m): 2:08pm On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:

I came to the age of reason.

Are you up to 500 yrs lol
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by SenatePresdo(m): 2:09pm On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:

I came to the age of reason.

The last stage of Atheism is realising that the term God/Gods are Superior beings that shares the same Universe with us, they existed before us, they have evolved more than us, their Technology is currently metaphysical.

When our technology advances the more and we have major breakthroughs in astronomy and quantum mechanics.

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TenQ: 2:10pm On Aug 14, 2022
ModCaller:

You're making assumptions about your god. That's a very biased reasoning.

I can as well tell you that the infinite regress of cause and effect came out of the cause and that your god didn't come out of the cause and doesn't even exist. Rather everything you attribute to your god is all a part of the infinite regress of cause and effect.

You see how infinitely bias and unreasonable that sounds? That's exactly how you sound.
I am making no single assumption about God.

I am taking you through REASON!

Is an infinite regress of Cause and Effect Scientifically and Logically possible?

Until you objectively truely answer this question, all your Atheism is pure emotionalism!
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by SenatePresdo(m): 2:10pm On Aug 14, 2022
doggedfighter:
A woman who was inviting me to her church became aggressive and almost attacked me when I made my my stand known to her.

She was livid that anyone alive can have atheistic view about God.

She started seeing me as the devil. grin

When she sees me she will make noise and act all sorts of drama.

At a point my friend asked her , is this the way Jesus will touch this person's life with the way you are going ? She became ashamed.

Came back , spoke to me. I smiled

She said she's afraid devil will enter her through me. grin

I started laughing and asked so the devil is more powerful than your God ?

She said it's not like that.

I said you people need to market Jesus better grin

Religion makes people aggressive.

Most Muslims and Christians are aggressive and emotional about their faith

So it's better you keep to your lane.

But funny enough they're the ones that won't allow you rest.

Always harassing you with questions about why you don't attend church or mosque.

Inviting you to programs when you are minding your business.

For me , I don't discuss such matters with people anymore but my friends know who I am .

To avoid being harmed or victimized just use sense.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Zeezenho: 2:14pm On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:

Did that some few years ago, but ended up feeling guilty after a while, well I did it then for some selfish gain.

I don't want to feel that way any more, I was wishing to just have to live my life the way I want but it seems to be affecting my relationship with my family and people around me. I just have to look for a better way to make things work.

Bro you see in this life those guys you most hope on,will be the one to push in that death stab. Try live your life without harming anyone.who ever fail to understand that you gat your life to leave will never be with you when you need them.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TenQ: 2:14pm On Aug 14, 2022
Maynman:

And they all still fall under THEISM.
You are proving the point yourself that’s because you don’t know what “theism” means
Don't be blinded by words:
I said!:
Although there are two kinds of satanism
1. The religious/spiritual satanism:
They actually replace God with a spirit entity "Satan"
2. The irreligious satanism:
They replace God with self

The religious Satanist is a THEIST!

The Irreligious Satanist is an ATHEIST: he doesn't relate to any higher invisible being EXCEPT himself!

Of course, I am just defining the term SATANIST as not every Atheists call themselves a Satanist!
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TenQ: 2:16pm On Aug 14, 2022
Maynman:

Your logic also goes for those that calls themselves “believers”?
Of course!
No believer has seen God AND we know God in Part!

But ALL Atheists are ALSO believers even when they claim otherwise!
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 2:18pm On Aug 14, 2022
TenQ:

Don't be blinded by words:
I said!:
Although there are two kinds of satanism
1. The religious/spiritual satanism:
They actually replace God with a spirit entity "Satan"
2. The irreligious satanism:
They replace God with self

The religious Satanist is a THEIST!

The Irreligious Satanist is an ATHEIST: he doesn't relate to any higher invisible being EXCEPT himself!

Of course, I am just defining the term SATANIST as not every Atheists call themselves a Satanist!

Don’t be blinded by ignorance
You lack the knowledge of what “atheism” and “theism means.

A Satanist believes in Satan. Satan is a deity.
Theists are the only one that believes in Deities.
Outside Theologies, Satan is not found.
A satan worshipper is a monotheist or a monolatrist, which are under THEISM.

Atheists don’t believe nor know who “Satan” is.

And hope you know satan is a verb not a person.

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 2:20pm On Aug 14, 2022
TenQ:

Of course!
No believer has seen God AND we know God in Part!

But ALL Atheists are ALSO believers even when they claim otherwise!

God is a title not a person, which believers know their god spare parts? Is it yahweh worshippers?

What is the definition of atheism and theism. That’s where your problem is.

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Ekugbeh(m): 2:20pm On Aug 14, 2022
donbenie:
Every 6 year old knows god lives on Sugar Candy Mountain..
And if you are a good child and behave..
You get to live with him and enjoy unlimited candies for eternity.. cheesy
Now you know
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:21pm On Aug 14, 2022
GodsOwnMan:

goodness and mercies and favours and blessings and peace and love doesn't require a belief in your palestinian savior jesus.

You are always free to go find it in the market to buy or in the alternative go get it from anywhere else you think you can get it.

My good living and good fortune in obtaining it would not be affected in any way.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TenQ: 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2022
LeHMaR:
There are at least 18000 gods worshipped around the world, You don't believe in 17999, i don't believe in 18000... What makes you any better?
Too easy to sieve through them
17998 gods do not care of exclusivity of obeisance, they also do not promise eternal reward for their adherents neither do they promise punishment for evil people. Therefore, there is nothing to be worried about them.

Only two seem completely different
1. Yahweh of the Christians and Jews
2. Allah of the Muslims

See, I've simplified your problem .

LOL!!

Your argument is extremely weak!!!
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 2:23pm On Aug 14, 2022
TenQ:

17998 gods do not care of exclusivity of obeisance, they also do not promise eternal reward for their adherents neither do they promise punishment for evil people. Therefore, there is nothing to be worried about them.

2. Allah of the Muslims

LOL!!

You forgot to add Judaism where Christianity and Islam comes from.

You are the one with the weak argument.

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 2:25pm On Aug 14, 2022
[sub][/sub]
TenQ:

2. Allah of the Muslims

LOL!!

Few of the religions talking about imaginary heaven and hell.
Your religion thrives on ignorance.
Which research have you done to be making these bold claims?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Templee333(m): 2:26pm On Aug 14, 2022
GodsOwnMan:

You cannot answer. Good. Thank you.
always try to understand the stance of people regarding religion b4 u decide to attack.I told u first that i dnt worship palestinian god but u continue to push ur questn. Is it by force that some1 must answer questn?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by triplechoice(m): 2:28pm On Aug 14, 2022
ICEKING95:

Until you can give a scientific meaning to Miracles and Divine Healing, don't tell me that God is not real!.. He Is Real.. Don't be Deceived

There's scientific explanation for what people experience as miracles and divine healing.

A little search on the net will reveal it to you
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by GodsOwnMan: 2:28pm On Aug 14, 2022
Templee333:

always try to understand the stance of people regarding religion b4 u decide to attack.I told u first that i dnt worship palestinian god but u continue to push ur questn. Is it by force that some1 must answer questn?

It's okay you cannot answer were your god comes from. Thank you.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Templee333(m): 2:29pm On Aug 14, 2022
SenatePresdo:

this is quite interesting

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by LordReed(m): 2:30pm On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:
Is it wise to play along with been a Christian as an Atheist? I am finding it difficult to fake, it seems like a major blow to myself to lie to myself.

I had to fill out a form recently to support my wife in something important, I just knew that identifying as an atheist was going to cause problems for my wife so I just filled out Christian. Even my boss at work told me to tune down on identifying as an atheist in public because people get nasty about that stuff and she is right. Our clime is not exactly welcoming to atheists so my advise is where ever you can sense any form of resistance to the idea of atheism just sidestep it, you don't have to put on holier than thou attitude or form being a Saint, neutral noncommittal works just as well. No need to try acting ultra religious to get by. I still go to church with my family and even occasionally pray even though they know I don't believe, it takes nothing away from me.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by GodsOwnMan: 2:30pm On Aug 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
You are always free to go find it in the market to buy or in the alternative go get it from anywhere else you think you can get it.
My good living and good fortune in obtaining it would not be affected in any way.

the palestinian god you worship is a new god. So many religions existed tens of thousands of years before christianity.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by LordReed(m): 2:32pm On Aug 14, 2022
pocohantas:
Are you sure you are an atheist?

I am not an atheist, but I am heavily irreligious and I don’t fake it. I don’t go to church or participate in religious activities. I don’t own a Bible and I haven’t seen one in a very long time. Except my mum’s own when I visit home.

Everyone around me knows this.

Don’t bother preaching to me. I won’t listen and you would most likely get me very irritated and angry.

I don’t have any problem with you doing your thing and I would appreciate if this is reciprocated.

Being an atheist doesn't require you to announce it everywhere you go.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TenQ: 2:32pm On Aug 14, 2022
Maynman:

Yes “BELIEVEERS” are delusional.

That’s why i said you lack the meaning of what “thiest” and “atheist” mean.
“God” is a title not a person.
1. Which god did he reject, is it allah? Baal? Sango? Or Yahweh?
2. Which god does he BELIEVE is the “true creator” is it allah? Baal? Sango? Or yahweh”

There are definitions of “atheism” and “theism” that you can you read and save yourself from this ignorance.
See what religion is doing to you!

THEISM DOESN’T MEAN CHRISTIANITY.

What do you mean the “standard definition” of “atheism” and “theism” both are gotten from greek Language, hope you know cheesy

Atheism is lack of belief in god and gods, you’ll know that if you know what “theism” and “atheism” means.
See what religion is doing to you.
It looks like you just started reading up about Atheism and it is shacking you.

Your logic collapsed in front of you as you called a Nigerian who disbelief Mohamadu Buhari as the president of Nigeria and the one who claims that Donald Trump is the President of Nigeria are BOTH DELUSIONAL and I will add or REBELLIOUS!

Of course God is a TITLE and in relating with newbie Atheists, I always put a qualifier "God the Creator" which is still both a title BUT Generic !

As newbie Atheists probably you are not aware that Atheism is not a DISBELIEF in Yahweh or Allah or Vishnu BUT a Disbelief in the existence of any DEITY/God!
So you see that you are the one who need to go back to read up what you've been brainwashing yourself with.

The question of which God/Deity is irrelevant. You are the one who has thoroughly misappropriated the definition of Atheism you claim to be!
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:32pm On Aug 14, 2022
Sojourner2000:

I'm with you bro. So tell me, what are you saying in essence?

There is Only One Way for people to get all the good things they are looking for and pursuing in this world.

Only One Way.

There is No Other.

It is The Way, The Only Way in which The Good Mighty Owner and King has made for people to find them.

But, people never listen!
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by TenQ: 2:34pm On Aug 14, 2022
Shikamaru1:
Nonsense, the image below is from your Bible..
What is the Purpose of your existence?
I have told you mine!

How are you different from the dog bingo?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by LordReed(m): 2:35pm On Aug 14, 2022
pocohantas:

Indifferent to religion and irreligious activities.

I believe atheist on their part do not believe in the existence of any god. They are also more confrontational and combative on religious topics.

LoL @ confrontational. Yes some atheists are confrontational but it is not an identifying characteristic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Evolution 101 / The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British / What's Your Favourite Worship Song On A Sunday Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.