Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum (24609 Views)

Bayelsa To Include Chinese Language In School Curriculum / Students In Viral Shisha Video Suspended: Lagos Orders Their Rehabilitation / Lagos Orders Public & Private Schools To Vacate On 18 December, 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Gourdoinc(m): 11:53am On Aug 14, 2022
EponOjuku:

You are only deceiving yourself, talking ignorantly with confidence as if you were the organising secretary of the coup plotters.

Simple question I asked, you've not been able to answer. Maybe they were not written in your coup plotter's book and you have nowhere to read the answers.
well when you start attending the history classes, I will be invited to teach you about the events as they happened. So let's leave that matter till we meet In class. Okay. Now for you it is bye bye.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by gbemishile: 11:57am On Aug 14, 2022
Gourdoinc:
that's it. When a nigerian is born in America and he does a mass shooting. When the news says "a Nigerian involved in mass shooting" you get annoyed and say he should be called American.

Now it is igbo, you remember the village of his mother. You see what I am saying

Now with respect to the northerners, do I blame them? Nope. The coup made them lose someone of importance to them. One man named ahmadu bello ( their anger till today). They butchered hundreds of thousands of igbos in retaliation and were principal in a three year long fought war.

Now isn't that enough ? When a war is ended with no victim , no vanquished. Should that not end the war ?.

Why the continuous systematic attack on the igbo person. Why are issues of over 50 years ago still at play in today' s Nigeria.

Does it surprise anyone that some igbos are reverting back to the feelings that created biafra in the first instance? Why has the war not ended.

A genocide against a people , wanton destruction, no repair efforts, yet they survive. Why is the war still raging today against the igbo.
You guys caused all the hates upon urselves,as u people failed to reintegrate urselves back into the nigerian system.
The hates and bitterness ur forefathers had was passed down to you,the younger generations.
Aftee the war,the yorubas embraced u people and tried to re integrate u back,by giving u ur properties and making lagos a home for all of u.
What did we get in return?
U people repeatedly called nigeria a zoo,and wish never to associate with it.
U called us yorubas an asslicker for forning alliance with the hausas whom u still hate till today.
So for una mind,una still think the hausas would hand over power to the igbos,so they can actualise their biafra agenda.
U people just dey delusional sha

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by saintrow1: 11:58am On Aug 14, 2022
Moh247:
cool

God bless Sanwo-Olu

Before no man's land people change all the history with lies and go and Verify lamba

History and Yoruba language are now compulsory accross Lagos schools

The subject of a War lord that ran to abijan when Obasanjo was approaching must be taught

Yes oooo, let those refugees no where they belong. They have no place in yorubaland, they are not part of us. We no they like to reap where they did not sow. Please sanwo olu tell them how they came to lagos as refugees and festac was the iDP camp that Yorubas created for them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by tishbite42: 11:59am On Aug 14, 2022
EponOjuku:

You can only lie to yourself and to those who lack knowledge of history.

Azikiwe was hinted about the coup and he ran out of Nigeria few hours before the coup.
Nwafor Orizu was in Nigeria, yet they conveniently left him out. Why?

If it was not an Igbo agenda, why did Ironsi refuse to try and execute the coup plotters?
Why did he move the coup plotters to Owerri? Was Owerri the Federal capital?

You are the one whose ignorance has exposed Igbos to ridicule on this thread.
Everyone, from Azikiwe, Bello, Akintola to Balewa, knew that a coup was imminent. Infact there were two coups in the offing. Azikiwe ran away. Akintola told Bello to run to Niger, Bello refused. What saved Okpara was that the President of Cyprus came visiting. I really wish Nzeogwu was the one who executed the Southern coup, Nigeria won't be in this gutter level.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by MrBlock: 12:01pm On Aug 14, 2022
Gourdoinc:
wrong. chukwuma and his gang were the front for the enablers of the coup. I can give you the entire names, but that will cause you to not sleep well.

There was a first victim, in every war, someone first dies, someone died first, who was he. What tribe was he, would he have died if it was a coup for igbo agenda ? The Times were different my bro, nationalist views had more weight than the tribal views held today. Alot of people were zikists, awolowo and ahmadu were tribal, if ahmadu had to go, why didn't awo also go. Use to tongue to count your teeth.

I'm not sure why you want to debate this with you.

I already mentioned Chukwuma in my list. Chukwuma is the same person as Kaduna Nzeogwu. His full name is Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu. Clearly, you have a sketcky knowledge of the details.

The first leg of the coup was through a military training operation called Exercise Damisa. Nzeogwu led soldiers in training to Ahmadu Bello's house and shot him dead along side his wives. Ahmadu Bello was the Premier of the Northern Region at that time. Can you imagine how traumatizing this must have been for the northern people?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by 6ixT8: 12:14pm On Aug 14, 2022
Very commendable. Including history of human civilization too, very important.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Christistruth00: 12:18pm On Aug 14, 2022
tishbite42:

Everyone, from Azikiwe, Bello, Akintola to Balewa, knew that a coup was imminent. Infact there were two coups in the offing. Azikiwe ran away. Akintola told Bello to run to Niger, Bello refused. What saved Okpara was that the President of Cyprus came visiting. I really wish Nzeogwu was the one who executed the Southern coup, Nigeria won't be in this gutter level.

Gen Ironsi was Part of the Coup

The President Of Cypus Makarios wanted to go to Kano to see his old friend the Emir Of

Kano ,

Both of them had served together in the same Country when they were Ambassadors

The President Of Cyprus landed in Enugu before he knew he had not been taken to Kano

Gen Ironsi had instructed the Pilot to take the President Of Cyprus to Enugu to be a false Alibi to Justify

the failure Of the Coup Plotters to eliminate Okpara the Premier Of the East like they had done

to Akintola and Sardauna Of the Western Region and the Northern Region

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by mu2sa2: 12:20pm On Aug 14, 2022
Gourdoinc:
Good. Teach the history of the Nigerian civil war. It will help those deluded yoruba and northerners to understand what happened in Nigerian history and how badly they have behaved ever since.

Would help to stop the unwarranted bias, hatred and marginalisation of ndi igbo and minorities.

The war of guns ended in 1970, yet they continue to wage civil wars of hate, marginalisation, humiliation, threats and wickedness against the igbos and minority tribes in Nigeria.
It will also inculcate in the children in SE never to start a war they know they can't win and never allow a delusional fellow ever to come to power and mislead them.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by sehin79(m): 12:25pm On Aug 14, 2022
Realist12:
It's very important, as a lot of these social media kids knows nothing about their heroes past and present. All they know is social media trends, they go on to abuse those that fought for them all in the name of social media trend.

Exactly my tought.. even this kids don’t go online to get information but to follow trends..
Growing up history in school made me understand our heroes and our values..and this as help ever since

1 Like

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by tishbite42: 12:28pm On Aug 14, 2022
Christistruth00:

Gen Ironsi was Part of the Coup

The President Of Cypus Makarios wanted to go to Kano to see his old friend the Emir Of

Kano ,

Both of them had served together in the same Country when they were Ambassadors

The President Of Cyprus landed in Enugu before he knew he had not been taken to Kano

Gen Ironsi had instructed the Pilot to take the President Of Cyprus to Enugu to be a false Alibi to Justify

the failure Of the Coup Plotters to eliminate Okpara the Premier Of the East like they had done

to Akintola and Sardauna Of the Western Region and the Northern Region
Lies
He came to the East on the behest of Okpara to commission some projects.
Ironsi was never part of the Nzeogwu coup. Stop peddling falsehood.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by sweetjohn(m): 12:30pm On Aug 14, 2022
Christistruth00:

It will help those Igbos to understand that 97% of Lagos was under Awolowo in the Western Region

And that Lagos is Yorubaland
Lagos belongs to Edo. Criminals
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by tishbite42: 12:31pm On Aug 14, 2022
Please can anyone help me with the soft copies of the following books
Why We Struck
The Nigerian Revolution and the Biafran War
Nigeria's Five Majors
Emeka
I'll be eternally grateful. Thanks.
WhatsApp
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by sweetjohn(m): 12:32pm On Aug 14, 2022
tamdun:

While Nigeria, especially South south region will hate igbos if history is introduced in Nigeria
No tribe in the south want to do anything with the Yorubas. Edo, Delta, south south, mention any, no one want to side with backstabbers.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by realestate99: 12:44pm On Aug 14, 2022
Gourdoinc:
only God knows what you are now on about. Maybe you didn't comprehend what you said. Well that's no fault of mine sir. If I take ten years from.my age, I was still your senior in school.
Lol, delusion of grandeur, a prime trait of Ipobic dwarfs, do you know me? Do you know my age? Ignorance is brought about by assumption.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Originalsly: 12:53pm On Aug 14, 2022
BlackPantherxXx:
grin

We will soon make tribal marks mandatory as identity cards.

I will personally make sure say the person writing for flat heads has bad handwriting.

One of the reasons why History should be a must in Primary and Junior Secondary schools. More people will know not to display ignorance and intolerance to the world and embarrass Nigerians.
Why was History dropped in the first place? How can we learn from our mistakes if we whitewash the past? Same with the US .... try whitewash its inhumane treatment of Blacks.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by BlackPantherxXx: 12:56pm On Aug 14, 2022
Originalsly:

One of the reasons why History should be a must in Primary and Junior Secondary schools. More people will know not to display ignorance and intolerance to the world and embarrass Nigerians.

Na me go write your own marks. angry Personally . grin

I promise to carve it up the lips you use to say nonsense.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by blaise26abj(m): 12:57pm On Aug 14, 2022
Gourdoinc:
if the yoruba faced the issues the igbos faced during the war and post war, they will be worse than the igbos. The war against the igbos has not ended by the Nigerian state and the tribes (yoruba and igbo). Staying in yoruba land isn't much, we are everywhere in the world, even in sambisa forest ( go and confirm, I already did). Yorubas are in igbo villages today and ironically they speak igbo today, something we didn't think possible.

It doesn't change the narrative that a war is still being waged on an igbo man. It is unfair , it should stop and we should move forward as a nation. It is that same war being waged that fuels the agitation by the ill advised IPOB of today.

The war should end. It is your generation that can end the war.

Please tell me anywhere where a Yoruba leader insulted Igbos ? Please can you confirm that too ? Why would UGM kill fellow Igbos ? Why would an Anambra man look down on other Igbo states . Ebonyi Igbos are still looked upon as lesser Igbos .

The bloody coups in nigeria were mostly led by Igbos and they were tribalistic in who they killed . Please look it up . Also after the war , yorubas returned all your properties in the west . If we hated you we would have kept your properties for ourselves like in Rivers state .
No WAR is being waged on an Igbo man ! Obi is the only Igbo since the 1999 that has National appeal , yet some tribalistic Igbos are still attacking yorubas l instead of trying to get as much people to vote for him . I find very distasteful that Igbos are trying divide Yoruba Christians and Yoruba Muslims . We are Yorubas , we don’t do religious segregation.

IPOB was as a result of a fake, foul-mouthed man like MNK . You have governors in the east , they get federal resources like every other state , why have there not been stellar infrastructural development of the region ? We have the same opportunities as Nigerians . Igbos are doing exceedingly well in business across nigeria . But the truth that you are avoiding is that Igbos are DIVIDED and has so much distrust and hate within .

If it is the Presidency issue that makes you think Igbos are victims of a fictitious war , then you have no understanding of politics at all especially in a d multicultural country like nigeria . Get your politics right and Igbos will get the presidency . If you think insulting other tribes and play the victim card will get you support , then something is wrong .

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Gourdoinc(m): 12:58pm On Aug 14, 2022
realestate99:

Lol, delusion of grandeur, a prime trait of Ipobic dwarfs, do you know me? Do you know my age? Ignorance is brought about by assumption.
ok. But I am a millennial. E don do. This dialogue shouldn't have taken place.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by saintrow1: 1:08pm On Aug 14, 2022
sweetjohn:
Lagos belongs to Edo. Criminals

Lol not only Edo, it belongs to Tiv as well. Werey
As you people are planning to claim other peoples land and hardwork, God will seat back and watch the devil claim your destiny from generations to generations.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Gourdoinc(m): 1:08pm On Aug 14, 2022
blaise26abj:

Please tell me anywhere where a Yoruba leader insulted Igbos ? Please can you confirm that too ? Why would UGM kill fellow Igbos ? Why would an Anambra man look down on other Igbo states . Ebonyi Igbos are still looked upon as lesser Igbos .

The bloody coups in nigeria were mostly led by Igbos and they were tribalistic in who they killed . Please look it up . Also after the war , yorubas returned all your properties in the west . If we hated you we would have kept your properties for ourselves like in Rivers state .
No WAR is being waged on an Igbo man ! Obi is the only Igbo since the 1999 that has National appeal , yet some tribalistic Igbos are still attacking yorubas l instead of trying to get as much people to vote for him . I find very distasteful that Igbos are trying divide Yoruba Christians and Yoruba Muslims . We are Yorubas , we don’t do religious segregation.

IPOB was as a result of a fake, foul-mouthed man like MNK . You have governors in the east , they get federal resources like every other state , why have there not been stellar infrastructural development of the region ? We have the same opportunities as Nigerians . Igbos are doing exceedingly well in business across nigeria . But the truth that you are avoiding is that Igbos are DIVIDED and has so much distrust and hate within .

If it is the Presidency issue that makes you think Igbos are victims of a fictitious war , then you have no understanding of politics at all especially in a d multicultural country like nigeria . Get you politics right and Igbos will get the presidency
wrong. That's where people get it wrong. Igbo enye eze means igbos have no king. We don't desire an igbo presidency. We don't care really about such politics. What we care about is equity in distribution and that's why we want igbo presidency. Asides Peter obi, who rightly had national appeal, we don't give a hoot about any other politician , but what is equitable is that all regions even if they are made up of goats should be given a chance.

Let's assume there is a war today between the south west and Nigeria. Lagos, ibadan , oshogbo. Akure and ilorin are laid desolate, it's war, its bound to happen, people a driven to loss both financially and otherwise, its war and its bound to happen. When the war ends I should believe that rebuilding must be done isn't it . So I ask, was that done? Should that not have been done? If the people.have to build their desolate lands themselves through the brows of their sweat , how do you think they would view the nation that desolated their land.

When it was 1999, nobody asked the yoruba is they had good politicians, we all knew they had to be compensated for abiola and 1993 and they Brough forth two people. We picked one. When MEND was making our lives a living day of hell and it was thought that possibly a neutral man from their end become president, we all.agreed and supported him, even though he was a poor politician.

It is equitable that developments are shared equally and not fought for across of regions, it is equitable that a national merit list for federal employment is spread to include everyone irrespective of tribe and religion ( take note that even yoruba are now victims of this marginalization).

The igbos seeks equity in Nigeria, that's it. If it should be an igbo man, then it should be him, he must not have to negotiate it according to atiku or play the politics of acceptance. That's not how to run an all inclusive nation.

As for the property thing, yes the yoruba did that. That explains why we settled there and continued life when though they occupied and took over things we owned in many cases as well. We have lived without much issues up till now together.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by emmykk(m): 1:09pm On Aug 14, 2022
Jemex003:

At least Lagos is better than Animabra

Anambra was created August 1991.

When was Lagos made the Capita of Nigeria? google that and let me know

Abuja is currently be enjoying the good will of all Nigerians, tomorrow one riffraff Abokki like you in 77years time will say Abuja vs Imo which is more develop.

Are you sure you attended primary school?
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by coputa(m): 1:09pm On Aug 14, 2022
Instead of our leaders to introduce tech related subject that will impact the lives of the children,they're bringing in history,a divisional,racial and hate induced subject that's why most Americans withdrew their children from regular school to home school because of the subject"history" which is teaching black children that they were slaves, how their fore fathers were bought and used as slave labour,it kills the morale and self confidence of black children.This is what our mentally lazy leaders are re introducing to schools in this century.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Gourdoinc(m): 1:11pm On Aug 14, 2022
mu2sa2:
It will also inculcate in the children in SE never to start a war they know they can't win and never allow a delusional fellow ever to come to power and mislead them.
it is a lesson for everyone. I hope your tribe is taking cue as well. Ditto to Sunday igboho. A civil war in your land would not be fun for anyone there
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by aribisala0(m): 1:14pm On Aug 14, 2022
Gourdoinc:
wrong. That's where people get it wrong. Igbo enye eze means igbos have no king. We don't desire an igbo presidency. We don't care really about such politics. What we care about is equity in distribution and that's why we want igbo presidency. Asides Peter obi, who rightly had national appeal, we don't give a hoot about any other politician , but what is equitable is that all regions even if they are made up of goats should be given a chance.

Let's assume there is a war today between the south west and Nigeria. Lagos, ibadan , oshogbo. Akure and ilorin are laid desolate, it's war, its bound to happen, people a driven to loss both financially and otherwise, its war and its bound to happen. When the war ends I should believe that rebuilding must be done isn't it . So I ask, was that done? Should that not have been done? If the people.have to build their desolate lands themselves through the brows of their sweat , how do you think they would view the nation that desolated their land.

When it was 1999, nobody asked the yoruba is they had good politicians, we all knew they had to be compensated for abiola and 1993 and they Brough forth two people. We picked one. When MEND was making our lives a living day of hell and it was thought that possibly a neutral man from their end become president, we all.agreed and supported him, even though he was a poor politician.

It is equitable that developments are shared equally and not fought for across of regions, it is equitable that a national merit list for federal employment is spread to include everyone irrespective of tribe and religion ( take note that even yoruba are now victims of this marginalization).

The igbos seeks equity in Nigeria, that's it. If it should be an igbo man, then it should be him, he must not have to negotiate it according to atiku or play the politics of acceptance. That's not how to run an all inclusive nation.
You thrive on lies and fiction

There are Kings many kings across Eboeland e.g Onitsha , Oguta,

Yoruba did not bring forward two people and you chose one.

The Military government decided to install Obasanjo as President

Eboes did not accept they contested in PDP and were defeated so do not say you "KNEW THEY HAD TO BE COMPENSATED" That is a big lie.. Eboes did not believe in that. Ekwueme contested against Obasanjo and lost. What if he had won in PDP would Eboes have voted for Falae

Putting obasanjo there was no compensation . A man that was not popular who could not get 25% in any Yoruba state? You people always think you have sense and others do not. It is amusing
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Realist12: 1:15pm On Aug 14, 2022
Moh247:

Is Anambra now Lagos
haaa. That's too much.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Gourdoinc(m): 1:17pm On Aug 14, 2022
MrBlock:

I'm not sure why you want to debate this with you.

I already mentioned Chukwuma in my list. Chukwuma is the same person as Kaduna Nzeogwu. His full name is Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu. Clearly, you have a sketcky knowledge of the details.

The first leg of the coup was through a military training operation called Exercise Damisa. Nzeogwu led soldiers in training to Ahmadu Bello's house and shot him dead along side his wives. Ahmadu Bello was the Premier of the Northern Region at that time. Can you imagine how traumatizing this must have been for the northern people?
please read slowly and comprehend sir. I know what I meant when I mentioned his name is kaduna. Ahamdu bello wasn't the first victim, nevertheless he was a victim. How the northerners felt ? They showed it twice by killing hundreds of thousands of innocent men and women. Equitable ? Well depends on who you ask. All is fair in love and war. Now a war ensues isn't it. Millions are killed both sides. War is declared to end , with no victim no vanquished. The east lost the war. Their lands were made desolate , their People made poor. If there is no vanquished because you still want us all as Nigerians, what was done to rebuild the east. Both physically and otherwise.

Why is an igbo man still treated with contempt and anger by the political elite and electorate. Why isn't he trusted if truly there was no vanquished. Oh maybe we need to admit the truth that the igbos lost the war, maybe that explains why he is 5percent , maybe that explains why he is mocked as a roamer whose lands were made desolate.

Do you now wonder why some People feel unwelcomed and desire to leave ?

So I ask again. My initial question. Why is the war on the igbo still in progress
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 14, 2022
Following the footstep of Governor Soludo, my amiable governor
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by sweetjohn(m): 1:18pm On Aug 14, 2022
saintrow1:

Lol not only Edo, it belongs to Tiv as well. Werey
As you people are planning to claim other peoples land and hardwork, God will seat back and watch the devil claim your destiny from generations to generations.
Am sure not even your grand parent knows the meaning of "eko" and it has no meaning in Yoruba language. Go to Edo and be educated of the meaning of "eko". Do you even know anything? Benin kingdom was the biggest in west africa before. It extend down to Togo.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by PharmacyStore: 1:20pm On Aug 14, 2022
This is a good one
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Gourdoinc(m): 1:20pm On Aug 14, 2022
aribisala0:
You thrive on lies and fiction

There are Kings many kings across Eboeland e.g Onitsha , Oguta,

Yoruba did not bring forward two people and you chose one.

The Military government decided to install Obasanjo as President

Eboes did not accept they contested in PDP and were defeated so do not say you "KNEW THEY HAD TO BE COMPENSATED" That is a big lie.. Eboes did not believe in that. Ekwueme contested against Obasanjo and lost. What if he had won in PDP would Eboes have voted for Falae

Putting obasanjo there was no compensation . A man that was not popular who could not get 25% in any Yoruba state? You people always think you have sense and others do not. It is amusing
wow. This is great. Using the term eboes for me has ended this conversation. I wanted to be civil here. I am not always civil. Check my posts sir. Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nnachi Grace Amarachukwu Of Queens College Wins LCCI 2019 Essay Competition / 2016/2017 OAU Predegree Admission / OAU English Department Refused To Give Best Graduating Student Award For 15/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.