Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum (24608 Views)

Bayelsa To Include Chinese Language In School Curriculum / Students In Viral Shisha Video Suspended: Lagos Orders Their Rehabilitation / Lagos Orders Public & Private Schools To Vacate On 18 December, 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Christistruth00: 3:56pm On Aug 14, 2022
sweetjohn:
Lagos belongs to Edo. Criminals

Have you ever in Your life seen Oba of Benin degrade himself to be dragging Lagos with Yorubas?

Oba of Benin knows his History

The indigenes Of Lagos are Awori, Ilaje ,IJebu, Egba and all are Yorubas

The Egun are the indigenes Of Badagry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Jemex003: 3:56pm On Aug 14, 2022
Viscuz:

Yes she does , but also i heard your iye also toasted her so your iye is not only sleeping with man but with woman also .

Mr kolobo will be eating Agabado and crying because of the wife and the kolobo legacy

I’ve a great Sunday disturbance!! It’s match time talk to you later
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Viscuz: 3:57pm On Aug 14, 2022
Jemex003:

I’ve a great Sunday disturbance!! It’s match time talk to you later

Okay don't masturbate on any female fan you see on TV o
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by aribisala0(m): 4:00pm On Aug 14, 2022
emmykk:

With this rubbish you wrote here I give up on you.
First Anambra state was created August 27 1991 by IBB.

Lagos state or Lagos which ever suit you is the Capita of Nigeria for 77years and it is only an idiot that will be comparing Lagos with any other state because Lagos was the capital of Nigeria unlike Anambra.

So stop exhibiting foolishness in public forum defend or doing improper comparison.
How old are you? What were you doing when Anambra state was created? You are ignorant and proud of it.
IBB did not create Anambra . Anambra was created in 1976 by Murtala Muhammad with Enugu as capital and the first governor of the state was Atom Kpera whilst the first elected governor was Jim Nwobodo 1n 1979

Many of you mannerless children go around talking rudely with total ignorance and so sure of the rubbish you are talking

Lagos state was not the capital of Nigeria. It never was

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by tishbite42: 4:01pm On Aug 14, 2022
Christistruth00:

Those were the lies Gen Ironsi told you to cover his track

It is in the British intelligence declassified files

Makarios had landed in Enugu before he realised to his Suprise he was not in Kano

He wanted to visit the Emir of Kano who was his old friend when they were both diplomats

The Emir Of Kano was waiting to receive his old friend when he was told that Makarios plane had been diverted to Enugu

Big liar
Makarios attended a Commonwealth conference in Lagos and flew to Enugu to see his friend Michael Okpara.
Makarios has no business with Ado Bayero whatsoever.
You Yorubas are pathetic liars
*Spits*
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by tishbite42: 4:04pm On Aug 14, 2022
Christistruth00:

I have given you Authentic British Intelligence declassified Information
Authored by the Brits to defend the irreprehensible actions against the Biafrans.
Read the biography of Okpara and Makarios if you're sincere
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Christistruth00: 4:10pm On Aug 14, 2022
tishbite42:

Authored by the Brits to defend the irreprehensible actions against the Biafrans.
Read the biography of Okpara and Makarios if you're sincere

tishbite42:

Big liar
Makarios attended a Commonwealth conference in Lagos and flew to Enugu to see his friend Michael Okpara.
Makarios has no business with Ado Bayero whatsoever.
You Yorubas are pathetic liars
*Spits*

Look I’m sorry to break this to you but Ironsi and Ojukwu Swindled you with lying Propaganda for their own personal reasons

otherwise they knew you would never follow them into the Calamity they were dragging you into

1 Like

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by emmykk(m): 4:11pm On Aug 14, 2022
aribisala0:
How old are you? What were you doing when Anambra state was created? You are ignorant and proud of it.
IBB did not create Anambra . Anambra was created in 1976 by Murtala Muhammad with Enugu as capital and the first governor of the state was Atom Kpera whilst the first elected governor was Jim Nwobodo 1n 1979

Many of you mannerless children go around talking rudely with total ignorance and so sure of the rubbish you are talking

I m from Delta state and I was born in early 80s precisely 1980 what you are trying to pass to me is watery.
Ughelli,Sapele,warri,Asaba,Kwale ,Agbor and Abraka are major towns in delta state but Asaba is the capital now.

You are foolishly saying that if 20 years time if a new state is created from the current delta state and the capital is in Ughelli, automatically ughelli will then be compared to Asaba that is currently capital since 1991.

You are saying since Anambra was created from Enugu state which which was the capital of eastern region automatically Anambra state have been existing before 1992 that he was created

Your failed brain did not inform you that a capital state come with more development.

This very useless for you and others comparing Lagos with any other state out of ethnicity bias to desist from it by using better examples

Alaye which village are you from?
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by aribisala0(m): 4:15pm On Aug 14, 2022
emmykk:

I m from Delta state and I was born in early 80s what you are trying to pass to me is watery.
Ughelli,Sapele,warri,Asaba,Kwale ,Agbot and Abraka are major towns but Asaba is the capital now.

You foolishly saying that if 20 years time if a new state is created from the current delta state an the capital is in Ughelli, automatical ughelli will then be compared to Asaba that is currently capital since 1991.

You are saying since Anambra was created from Enugu state which which was the capital of of eastern region automatically Anambra state have been existing before then.

Your failed brain did not inform you that a capital state come with more development.

Alaye which village are you from?
You are rude and you have no home training

Anambra state was created from East central state on 3 February 1976 10 days before Murtala Muhammad was murdered by Bisala and his gang. It was not created from Enugu state and I never said so. Go and educate yourself about the history of Nigeria and stop talking rubbish
East Central State was split into two states Imo State and Anambra state. on 3 February 1976

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by emmykk(m): 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2022
aribisala0:
You are rude and you have no home training

Anambra state was created from East central state on 3 February 1976 10 days before Murtala Muhammad was murdered by Bisala and his gang. It was not created from Enugu state and I never said so. Go and educate yourself about the history of Nigeria and stop talking rubbish
East Central State was split into two states Imo State and Anambra state. on 3 February 1976

Oga google when was Anambra state created stop displaying your ignorant in public forum
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Jemex003: 4:19pm On Aug 14, 2022
Viscuz:

Okay don't masturbate on any female fan you see on TV o

Not a pervert like una people
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Viscuz: 4:20pm On Aug 14, 2022
Jemex003:

Not a pervert like una people

But na you dey call hotel names and how many STD you get na

Afonja and two side story sef
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Gourdoinc(m): 4:23pm On Aug 14, 2022
MrBlock:

You didn't mention his name as Kaduna. I did. I stated Major Kaduna Nzeogwu as one of the original coup plotters but you said it was Chukwuma. I then corrected you stating that both Chukwuma and Kaduna Nzeogwu are the same person.

Why did you say you mentioned his name as Kaduna when you didn't?

If Ahmadu Bello was not the first victim, who was? You kept asking me to state the first victim which I did reluctantly only for you to argue against it without any fact to back your argument. Again, why are you so interested in who the first casualty of the coup was? State the name and give details to back your arguement.

Every other thing you mentioned are not part of the argument so I won't respond so as not to derail the conversation. Remember, the backbone of this arguement is that the Igbos are the plotters of the Jan 15, 1966 coup which you have been trying to refute. Kindly provide your closing remarks to this argument so that we can call it a day.
please check other previous comments I made to other people regarding the name. Its on the thread sir. Now the first victim was an igbo man by the definition of those days. He was from bendel state. A military officer. Do your research now and you will find out who he was.

Nevertheless a yoruba man was involved, the enablers of the coup, the men who were behind the whole brouhaha were not primarily igbo men. Mind you the coup was done after 1960, a time Nigeria just got independence, where nationalism was rife and people were behind the prime nationalist ( you know who that is). A couple of politicians at the time were leading their people against that. They wanted the north for the north and so forth ( you have alot of video evidences of the man who died stating this view publicly), the government at the time didn't do anything about that and thus within the army ranks feelings grew that a betrayal of the independence euphoria that gripped the nation was under threat. Bad blood developed for years and regions specifically tribes ( north) sought to establish dominance on the affairs of the government at that time, not for nationalist gains but regional gains, this angered some people, especially young people who felt the joy of nationhood just achieved was being eroded. Some other young men in the army feeling it was their right to fight for Nigeria, resolved that the only solution to it was to get the enemies of Nigeria out of the equation. They consulted widely ( this you can research for names, you will not see such publicly) and got alot of positive support in agreement with their views to fight for the nation.

They plotted, the conscripted, some left before the d day, many stayed, the people who did the leg work were mainly northern soldiers as they were mainly in the rank and file. They seized the amoury , broke into groups with rank and file soldiers and attacked as planned. Some went to lagos in search of some people, some stayed in kaduna to start the process. Some went to the east to do the needful.

Kaduna worked, western worked, east failed.

My question is. The coup was a massive attack plot comprising of junior officers at the time and plenty rank and file. Were all these igbos ? Every tribe was represented. Even though majority were igbos. Go and check the demography of government and the military at the time. Lots sere igbo officers and government officials. Post war we have seen how they have tried to reduce that anyway. Story for another day.

Now I ask. How does a coup started with a burning desire to reset Nigeria back to nationalist views become an igbo coup. What was the aim of the igbos at that time. They already dominated in many fields in Nigeria at that time ( do your research). When the coup was over, did chukwuma take over power or was there a power vacuum?

You see alot of the narratives you have known assumed alot and missed alot.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by aribisala0(m): 4:24pm On Aug 14, 2022
emmykk:

Oga google when was Anambra state created stop displaying your ignorant in public forum
I do not need to Google that is for foolish children like you. I trust my memory. Anambra state was created on 3 February 1976 from the old East Central state which was split into two states Anambra State with Enugu as Capital and Imo State with Owerri as capital

The first governor was Atom Kpera

1 Like

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Gourdoinc(m): 4:29pm On Aug 14, 2022
beyondPen:

Also it will help People know how the Yorubas where been marginalized by Igbos and Hausas before we acted up and formed alliance with the North.

And also to let those Yorubas supporting Obi to see why they show be for the interest of Yoruba land only
do you mean pre civil war ? Or post civil war. Do clarify.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by assholemods: 4:33pm On Aug 14, 2022
Gourdoinc:
Good. Teach the history of the Nigerian civil war. It will help those deluded yoruba and northerners to understand what happened in Nigerian history and how badly they have behaved ever since.

Would help to stop the unwarranted bias, hatred and marginalisation of ndi igbo and minorities.

The war of guns ended in 1970, yet they continue to wage civil wars of hate, marginalisation, humiliation, threats and wickedness against the igbos and minority tribes in Nigeria.
You are the most senseless person on earth.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by aribisala0(m): 4:34pm On Aug 14, 2022
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Gourdoinc(m): 4:38pm On Aug 14, 2022
blaise26abj:

I agree with you wholeheartedly regarding the issues . Resource control is the way out . I disagree on that power is localized.Buhari made it so . Politics is politics . We cannot wake up and say it is Igbo that has to be president . You have to fight for it politically at the party levels before Nigerians decide who is the best among them . I hate the Muslim Muslim ticket too as well as the old age of Tinubu . Presidency is not for the frail .
I haven’t decided who to vote for yet . I’m tilting towards Obi but so far so good I am not convinced by his interviews . I intend to vote based on the person who has the best grasp of the problems and the most practical solutions . Even if it comes from Kwankoso. I’m tired of voting based on emotions . Buhari was a result of emotional voting and see the state of the nation .
today it is the igbos agitating, we say go and compete. The ijaw are warming up, the north central are warming up, and many more will warm up. If you think we need to fight for it and not equitably zone for it. We'll it won't take long and someone with a weapon will take it over and insist you cannot leave unless via death.

To compete, the yoruba have sold out the entire South and made us look like slaves who have to beg the north for power. The earlier power is equitably zoned as is practiced in some states and resources are managed by homogenous regions, that will be the only way Nigeria will start it's ascent out of the doldrums.

With respect to obi. Behind him are youths who want their voices to be heard. We are ready to lose the election and will be comfortable with that so long as we aren't marginalised. We have gotten to the level that we don't need new converts. Many who are obidients didn't need convincing. We might all continue to play politics the way we support our football clubs or how we play the PlayStation game of football. We only pick the team who has a chance of winning, yet all our years of doing that has yielded zero dividends.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Gourdoinc(m): 4:40pm On Aug 14, 2022
assholemods:

You are the most senseless person on earth.
so you mean nobody in your family is as senseless as I am ? Including your mum ?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by emmykk(m): 4:42pm On Aug 14, 2022
aribisala0:
I do not need to Google that is for foolish children like you. I trust my memory. Anambra state was created on 3 February 1976 from the old East Central state which was split into two states Anambra State with Enugu as Capital and Imo State with Owerri as capital

The first governor was Atom Kpera

Go and update your brain...is getting old and refusing to learn

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by aribisala0(m): 4:50pm On Aug 14, 2022
emmykk:

Go and update your brain...is getting old and refusing to learn
You continue to argue like a fool.
Go and research the history of East Central State

The history of state creation is clear. First 12 states were created in 1967

The next round of state creation resulted in 19 states on 3 February 1976 . This is a matter of facts that you can research. Posting a Wikipedia page and asserting it is right is the height of idiocy

There were six states in southern Nigeria in 1967

Lagos, Western State, Mid Western State, East Central State, South Eastern state and Rivers State

They were increased to 9 states in 1976( February 3 )
Lagos, Ogun ,Oyo, Ondo Bendel(formerly MidWestern state) Imo state and Anambra State from ( East Central) Rivers State and South Eastern State was renamed to Cross River State
Wikipedia cannot help you on this

Stop arguing foolishly

1 Like

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by tishbite42: 4:54pm On Aug 14, 2022
Christistruth00:

Look I’m sorry to break this to you but Ironsi and Ojukwu Swindled you with lying Propaganda for their own personal reasons

otherwise they knew you would never follow them into the Calamity they were dragging you into
Go and read books
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Christistruth00: 5:05pm On Aug 14, 2022
tishbite42:

Go and read books

Which book do you want me to supply you?
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by sageb: 5:08pm On Aug 14, 2022
priceactionx:
Best way to go. I think yaradua administration in 2009 goofed to have removed that subject.
Since some people have started using other narratives, changing the stories as it's occurred to the ones their bitter fathers, uncles, grandfather, and their mothers told them.
Started saying LAGOS IS NO MAN's LAND, claiming they innovate and activate LAGOS.
Let the REAL history with FACTS begin to be hammered into this coming generation's HEAD.
If not, Lagos indigene will wake up one day, and some people will claim they part Atlantic ocean from Indonesia to Lagos, in other for easy development of their LAGOS to transport some goods to and fro, and some people will definitely believe them.
YES, I SAID SO, am in TULSA, come and beat me. cheesy

It is not Yar Adua's govt but this present Buhari govt that removed History as a subject in secondary school in 2016.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by tishbite42: 5:09pm On Aug 14, 2022
Christistruth00:

Why We Struck
Nigeria's Five Majors
The Nigerian Revolution and the Biafran War
Emeka
And any one you have
I'll be very grateful
Thanks in advance
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by aribisala0(m): 5:10pm On Aug 14, 2022
Gourdoinc:
today it is the igbos agitating, we say go and compete. The ijaw are warming up, the north central are warming up, and many more will warm up. If you think we need to fight for it and not equitably zone for it. We'll it won't take long and someone with a weapon will take it over and insist you cannot leave unless via death.

To compete, the yoruba have sold out the entire South and made us look like slaves who have to beg the north for power. The earlier power is equitably zoned as is practiced in some states and resources are managed by homogenous regions, that will be the only way Nigeria will start it's ascent out of the doldrums.

With respect to obi. Behind him are youths who want their voices to be heard. We are ready to lose the election and will be comfortable with that so long as we aren't marginalised. We have gotten to the level that we don't need new converts. Many who are obidients didn't need convincing. We might all continue to play politics the way we support our football clubs or how we play the PlayStation game of football. We only pick the team who has a chance of winning, yet all our years of doing that has yielded zero dividends.
Normally one should ignore fools in their folly

But we will not allow your fiction to stand. The problem with Eboes is they are very selective in their memory. How did Yoruba sell out entire south?
Go and study the history of Eboes in Nigeria

In 1960 Azikiwe entered a coalition with Balewa as neither had enough seats to form the government
In 1962 they jailed Awolowo and later split the Western Region into two leaving the Eastern Region and Northern regions intact
In 1965 Azikiwe and Balewa continued their coalition whilst the Yoruba were relegated to Opposition.
Now who sold entire south?
Who was it that sentenced Isaac Boro to death?

In 1979 Azikiwe and Shagari formed a coalition . Shagari was president. Ekwueme was Vice. Joseph Wayas was Senate President and Edwin Ume-Ezeoke was Speaker HOR . Tell us where were the Yoruba . Who was selling out entire south?

The exact same scenario repeated itself after the 1983 election by which time Ojuiku had returned and joined NPN Shagari's party

In 1993 Eboes voted Tofa over Abiola

So tell us who it is that is betraying who

You are entitled to your hatred as a spiteful people but your lies will never be allowed to stand. Never.

Yoruba never betrayed anyone and Yoruba do not owe anyone. Did Ijaw s vote for Awolowo or Abiola? No!! They did not. No one called them sell out. Ijaw are entitled to vote who they like and we respect that . We never called them out for not voting Abiola so please stop the lies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by tishbite42: 5:11pm On Aug 14, 2022
priceactionx:
Best way to go. I think yaradua administration in 2009 goofed to have removed that subject.
Since some people have started using other narratives, changing the stories as it's occurred to the ones their bitter fathers, uncles, grandfather, and their mothers told them.
Started saying LAGOS IS NO MAN's LAND, claiming they innovate and activate LAGOS.
Let the REAL history with FACTS begin to be hammered into this coming generation's HEAD.
If not, Lagos indigene will wake up one day, and some people will claim they part Atlantic ocean from Indonesia to Lagos, in other for easy development of their LAGOS to transport some goods to and fro, and some people will definitely believe them.
YES, I SAID SO, am in TULSA, come and beat me. cheesy
Lol
Trouble maker
Make una leave Igbo and face your real enemies
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by tishbite42: 5:14pm On Aug 14, 2022
aribisala0:

Of course, Ebonyi State was the capital of Nigeria
History revisionist
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by tishbite42: 5:20pm On Aug 14, 2022
Christistruth00:

The tragedy of victory
Requiem Biafra
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by blaqoracle: 5:46pm On Aug 14, 2022
Moh247:
cool

God bless Sanwo-Olu

Before no man's land people change all the history with lies and go and Verify lamba

History and Yoruba language are now compulsory accross Lagos schools

The subject of a War lord that ran to abijan when Obasanjo was approaching must be taught

what do you expect from from a people, who chose ojukwu, a coward as their hero.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by ofwest47(m): 5:47pm On Aug 14, 2022
A proposed programme well done _ Sanwoolu! History subject is supposed to be a compulsory subject in Nigerian Schools.
Who is Who in Nigeria is supposed to be part of history books in the country. A a good example of the names of Wo is Who in Nigeria is "Tai Sholarin " THE great Nigerian educationist and originators of CLO __ Civil Leadership Organisations in the Country. Remember his Daily Times of Nigeria every Thursday's " THINKING WITH YOU BY_Tai Sholarin., Remember part of his Thursday's publications #MAY YOUR ROAD BE ROUGH _ Tai Sholarin _ he also said in his Thursday's THINKING WITH YOU_ IF DEVIL GIVES YOU SCHOLARSHIP TAKE IT.
On the coming of the Country's N Y S C National Youth Service Core it was TAI SHOLARIN that brought in the establishment of the N Y S C and not Gowon . Back into History , after the end of the Nigerian Civil war 1970 Tai Sholarin called for the ban of AMERICAN YOUTH SERVICE CORE in Nigeria as according to him the American youth core who were being used as Class Teachers were being used as SPIES against the Military administration during the civil war and in 1971 SOLARIN repeated the same thing for Gowon that Nigeria should replace America Youth Core with our Nigerian Youhth Graduates as N Y S C Gowon deed not response similarly came 1972 Tai Solarin repeated the same thing but no action from Gowon not until May 1973 when Solarin as a C L O Cheifwheep say they will take action to prevent AYSC from coming to Nigeria again that Gowon agreed to bring in the NIGERIA YOUTH SERVICE CORE.
And it was in 1978 that Olusegun Obasanjo who was the then Nigeria Military Administrator made it inter State SERVICE operations as at today because according to him inter State Youth Corpers will engage in inter tribal marriages for inter tribal unity systems in the country Nigeria.
So HISTORY must be a compulsory subject in Nigerian Schools today.
So that is a brief history of Nigeria for you.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Christistruth00: 5:49pm On Aug 14, 2022
tishbite42:

The tragedy of victory
Requiem Biafra

This is the link to download EMEKA free of Charge
https://b-ok.cc/book/5239100/31f6d5

This is the link for Gen Alabi Isama's Reply to Achebe's There was a Country
https://kipdf.com/reply-to-chinua-achebe-s-there-was-a-country-chinua-achebe-there-was-a-country_5b18c4807f8b9af7428b4594.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Nnachi Grace Amarachukwu Of Queens College Wins LCCI 2019 Essay Competition / 2016/2017 OAU Predegree Admission / OAU English Department Refused To Give Best Graduating Student Award For 15/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.