Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,601 members, 7,955,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:41 PM

US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan (24553 Views)

Prevent Dedollarisation - US Congressional Hearing / Speaker Nancy Pelosi Visits Taiwan (pictures) / China Will Respond With 'Resolute And Forceful Measures' If Pelosi Visits Taiwan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 14, 2022
You All are hailing and giving thumbs up to the Taiwanese o. But if Taiwan is bleeding � when the Chinese invade them and the Yankees- who are known to stand aloof after pushing them into war. Make you na no feel for them o

10 Likes

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by dalongjnr: 3:24pm On Aug 14, 2022
All I see is USA trying to create another crisis/war, in other to sale their weapons and raised money for their overinflated economy which is in crisis

12 Likes

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by dalongjnr: 3:24pm On Aug 14, 2022
All I see is USA trying to create another crisis/war, in other to sale their weapons and raised money for their overinflated economy which is in crisis
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by tamdun: 3:25pm On Aug 14, 2022
NwaMamaIwota:
US no be world power for mouth
Yea, we saw that in Ukraine grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by shogosco: 3:25pm On Aug 14, 2022
Will China react? I doubt!
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Mandyoluchi(m): 3:26pm On Aug 14, 2022
I hate USA. I hate China. I hate Russia. I love Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by billgabb(m): 3:26pm On Aug 14, 2022
The barking is yours to do but how I respond is my business. China should chill.

1 Like

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by CSTRR: 3:26pm On Aug 14, 2022

13 Likes

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by RepoMan007: 3:27pm On Aug 14, 2022
Righteousness2:
The cup of Iniquity of Nomerica is Full. From Russia to China, God is stirring up Nomerica to its destruction.
what does endtime hold for Nigeria and Africa?

2 Likes

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Triplerg: 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2022
Righteousness2:
The cup of Iniquity of Nomerica is Full. From Russia to China to Iran , God is stirring up Nomerica aka Mystery Babylon to its destruction.
You are wrong on this. Stick to your preaching, because this your position has no scriptural backing. America remains the last super power

1 Like

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by BentizilL: 3:32pm On Aug 14, 2022
China bleeped up and should act now or forever remain silent... No one dare try such with Russia...

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for the first visit of a Western leader in Crimea without permission from Putin... grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by ikdaddy01(m): 3:32pm On Aug 14, 2022
Biden just de find trouble everywhere. Like say he still have cold war unfinished businesses

1 Like

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Fuckingmallam45(m): 3:34pm On Aug 14, 2022
Danisaint112:
China the toothless bulldog. grin I wonder why didn't bring down Pelosi plane as their government officials where all ranting on social media.

China should rest abeg. This people have a full functioning government, Happy and progressing. They have made it clear that they don't want to be part of China I wonder why China is pleased over their peace.
Let me explain something to you.
To put it as simply as I can—US is afraid of China going berserk.

China established her credit through Korean war. China warned US not to intervene in Korea, but US did not respect China and take China seriously. China taught US a lesson by defeating US and pushed UN forces back to 38th line.

In Vietnam war, China said don’t go over 17th line. This time US remembered historic lesson they learnt in Korea and obeyed.

Now China did not say exactly what they are going to do when US formally recognize Taiwan, but promised to go berserk. US, being a smart country, decides to obey.

3 Likes

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Elsueno: 3:34pm On Aug 14, 2022
God1000:
It appears china's military drills around Taiwan following the visit by house speaker Nancy pelosi aimed at deterring Washington has failed

No US administration can afford to dismiss Taiwan as an island of non-concern, given america’s ideological commitment to preserve and promote liberal democratic world order

It was an empty threat, they did almost nothing!.... Instead of them to prevent pelosi from landing or even make sure d landing wasn't an easy one, they just let d U.S walk over them..grin

5 Likes

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by aestake: 3:35pm On Aug 14, 2022
TechtraGadgets:
These US politicians are pulling these stunts in order not to loose lose the upcoming November elections in the US. They are willing to risk war and put the lives of millions at risk so they can win election.
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by BentizilL: 3:35pm On Aug 14, 2022
Triplerg:
You are wrong on this. Stick to your preaching, because this your position has no scriptural backing. America remains the last super power
There's nothing like sole superpower, we've few of them...
No one dare try this nonsense with Russia, even Pro Westerners her knows that.. grin
Who wan die? cry
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by dermmy(m): 3:36pm On Aug 14, 2022
It's like U.S. is up to something. Cause I don't understand all these provocations.
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by aestake: 3:37pm On Aug 14, 2022
RepoMan007:
what does endtime hold for Nigeria and Africa?
He doesn't know that one.
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Elsueno: 3:37pm On Aug 14, 2022
CSTRR:

Ofcourse, it is a power show.

And China is disappointing. Amateurish foreign policy.

The fact that the Chinese took it this personally means the US would piss all over their red line to prove strength and undermine china.

What China should have done is to strategically overlook pelosi's visit.

Just ignore it.

Pelosi may not even have gone in the first place if China did not make it so important that she should not come.

indeed, if I were China & know I won't do shyt during pelosi visit, I would just be extremely silent & pretend she's just air...dat would have reserved thier dignity & make d U.S even more confused grin

3 Likes

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Danisaint112(m): 3:42pm On Aug 14, 2022
Fuckingmallam45:

Let me explain something to you.
To put it as simply as I can—US is afraid of China going berserk.

China established her credit through Korean war. China warned US not to intervene in Korea, but US did not respect China and take China seriously. China taught US a lesson by defeating US and pushed UN forces back to 38th line.

In Vietnam war, China said don’t go over 17th line. This time US remembered historic lesson they learnt in Korea and obeyed.

Now China did not say exactly what they are going to do when US formally recognize Taiwan, but promised to go berserk. US, being a smart country, decides to obey.

Why are telling me this? undecided It's not my business what transpired between them in the past but I believe in the right of freedom of speech, movement and self autonomy if it is permissable by law. Period.

China should kiss Taiwan Goodbye. Trust me they would never integrate Taiwan into China Unless U.S, U.K, & Nato is completely dead...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Burgerlomo: 3:42pm On Aug 14, 2022
1east:
God Bless America

Amen.

1 Like

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by gaby(m): 3:42pm On Aug 14, 2022
Dem don dey find another trouble to sell weapons.

Dem don visit Ukraine abandon am to Putin now na Taiwan.

Funny people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by udemzyudex(m): 3:46pm On Aug 14, 2022
Fuckingmallam45:
USA will partner with you once they realize you have got what they need.
There has NEVER been any confirmation or guarantee by USA that they will use military force to assist or protect Taiwan if China were to reunite Taiwan by force.

USA has been taking advantage of the situation between ROC Taiwan and PRC China to keep selling Taiwan their overpriced outdated weapons and most recently drugs-fed pork. US of A very wise Country.

That's US and UK for you, they will only assist only if there's anything to benefit from you.

1 Like

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by InvestorVee(m): 3:49pm On Aug 14, 2022
slawomir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Taiwan my niggarrrrrrrr
Babe! Gonna need your assistance..tension between china and Taiwan is getting worse
I need to leave Taiwan there is a rising tension
Beijing asserts that there is only one China and that Taiwan is part of it. It views the PRC as the only legitimate government of China, an approach it calls the One-China principle, and seeks Taiwan’s eventual unification with the mainland. I need to some money to move out of China babe

Oh lord give us more weed and sense because the street is no longer funny..creativity my niggarrrr..if you are a niggarrrr on Nairaland and you understand my creativity here then you must be a real niggarr
2 bags of loud for you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 14, 2022
I see a lot of ignorant discussion on geo-politics on nairaland as usual.

China wants Taiwan's infrastructure intact (I.e semi-conductors plants). A full ballistic invasion is impossible without setting Taiwanese industry back by a decade.

That’s why China offered 1 country and two systems type of government just like it’s done with Hong-Kong.

A lot of people don’t know that this is an existential fight China is fighting, Taiwan cannot be an unsinkable aircraft carrier and landing for western military.
Did you know Japan attacked China from the Taiwanese island for half a century? Do you think China would want that to ever happen again by forfeiting Taiwan?

Most people here should pick up history books and start reading before coming here to gallivant in ignorance.

7 Likes

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by udemzyudex(m): 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2022
ecolime:
This one na see finish.. Chaii

The West only fears Putin and North Korean fatboy.

They are always careful not to scratch or fond1e the balls of erratic people.

Make dem sha no provoke China pass this current level. The Russian-Ukranian mess still dey ground biko

North Korea have nothing to lose, same with Russia who don't have direct business with US I guess but China major market is the US, they have a lot to lose ,I guess that's why the US is calling their bluff.

2 Likes

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Reference(m): 3:52pm On Aug 14, 2022
The US should take it easy abeg.
The world is already too destabilised for poorly run, poorly governed nations like Nigeria whose leaders will find ready excuses to sign up more people into poverty.
I seriously expect that Mr. Lai Mohammed and his 'Goebblers' to have penned Taiwan and the Chinese brouhaha in their royal book of excuses.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Plane Crash In Russia, 50 Feared Dead / Israel Recovers Bodies Of Six Hostages Held By Hamas, Including American Citizen / Adama Barrow Appoints His 10 Ministers, Swears Them In (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.