Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,586 members, 7,820,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt (15927 Views)

Troops Kill Boko Haram Fighters During Battle In Babangida; Yobe (Graphic Pic) / Pictures From The Battle In Baga Against Boko Haram / Nigerian Military Release Photos From The Battle In Konduga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by dblock(m): 10:29am On Aug 21, 2007
The mugu no sabi dat "Naija" nah the only tribe for hia.

Wetin be Okrika, Kalabari. angry
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by ebos(m): 10:30am On Aug 21, 2007
@Willy Willy

You are 100% right. Not even only Igbos that cursed Port Harcourt, God also cursed them even the Ijaws. Though, I want normalcy in Port Harcourt because I was born there and lived over 20 years there before I left. These chaps here may not understand but it happened in the bible too. When Israel was at war with their enemies, Esau descendants came in and looted everything that belonged to the Israelites - their brothers just because Israel lost the war. As time went on, they (Esau descendants) were at war with Israel but God punished Esau descendants because of what they did to their brothers. Israel practically wiped them out. Now the stuff, Igbos lost the war, all their houses in Port Harcourt were declared abandoned property by the brothers who used to claim Igbos before the war, but changed against Igbos during and after the war even till this moment I’m posting this. Now, they are clamouring for justice, that government is using their oil money to develop other places but neglected the real owners. This is ridiculous, because they are holding what belonged to others till date and refused to give it out. They are criminals. They are just into riot, let them dare Federal Government for war and see if they can last for just 2 months. They will be all wiped out. War is not only in the creek, they must come out and defend the whole territory. They have not seen war yet, what they are doing are riot. You can fire ebos if you like, I have said my mind even as I know my people are there now. God will protect the innocent ones in Port Harcourt.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by maki(f): 10:43am On Aug 21, 2007
there is no curse placed on port harcourt by the ibos. angry

leave your property and run away, we will still claim it. cheesy grin

what is wrong with your owerri or onistha or aba town, cant you live there? angry cheesy

you guys dont know how to stay in your own areas because its too uncivilized for you. grin wink
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by ebos(m): 10:53am On Aug 21, 2007
Ok, continue to claim the property. But you people can try war like Igbos. I'm sure even Abonema only fish will remain there by the time they wiped out. I have been to Abonema on many occasions, but that river will take over all those houses facing it.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by dblock(m): 10:53am On Aug 21, 2007
The action which has seen combined team of soldiers, army, Navy and Air force cracking down on the cultists who had breached the peace of the State for almost two weeks patrolling with [size=13pt]Hilux vans mounted with General Purpose Machine Guns[/size] round all the streets of the city.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200708200636.html

Kill em all. cheesy
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by ebos(m): 10:54am On Aug 21, 2007
Ok, continue to claim the property. But you people can try war like Igbos. I'm sure even Abonema only fish will remain there by the time they are wiped out. I have been to Abonema on many occasions, but that river will take over all those houses facing it.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by ebos(m): 11:03am On Aug 21, 2007
Odili hatred in Rivers by Ijaws and few others is because of his love for Igbos. The way they are shouting Odili’s name, are they shouting Alams the same way? Alams financed these criminals more than Odili. I was in Port Harcourt and saw things by myself. No street I don’t know in Port Harcourt. So, forget Odili using Ateke in 2003. Did Odili buy Anti Aircraft gun for them? Did he buy rocket Launchers for them? Etc. Odili is not the main problem.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by dblock(m): 11:06am On Aug 21, 2007
If Soboma is alive and the Police made the wrong call,it will only serve to strenghten him.Nigerians are a supertitious lot and soon,stories will abound of his supernatural powers which enables him to escape from the clutches of the Security services.

Yes until the Nigerian Military sends a rocket up his ass. grin
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by ebos(m): 11:15am On Aug 21, 2007
The funny part of it is that Port Harcourt does not belong to Ijaws. They will lose out when the time comes. I hope they are just dreaming. Igbos will have more claims than them. Port Harcourt is an Igbo speaking town, even if they don't believe it, then we don't need them. Oil will dry up one day and they will continue with their horrible poverty.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by dblock(m): 11:34am On Aug 21, 2007
ebos:

The funny part of it is that Port Harcourt does not belong to Ijaws. They will lose out when the time comes. I hope they are just dreaming. Igbos will have more claims than them. Port Harcourt is an Igbo speaking town, even if they don't believe it, then we don't need them. Oil will dry up one day and they will continue with their horrible poverty.

One Tribe. angry

We are all Nigerians for good or for bad.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by ebos(m): 11:38am On Aug 21, 2007
dblock:

One Tribe. angry

We are all Nigerians for good or for bad.

Until they make restitution
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Iman3(m): 11:40am On Aug 21, 2007
maki:

the guys misbehaiving are they only from kalabari and okrika? these guys comes from all part of nigeria including hausa, ibo and yoruba. they have almost all the tribes in niger delta in these gangs. and who breed them?  angry angry

grin grin Hausa and Yoruba people in Niger Delta gangs? grin
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by maki(f): 12:01pm On Aug 21, 2007
@ok ebos
you can go hang yourself and talk less about ijaws, abonnema , port harcourt or rivers state.

what is the name of that your bush surrounded and primitive village sef?

@I-man
yes, they have all tribes in this gangs
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by mishoo(m): 12:15pm On Aug 21, 2007
I-man:

grin grin Hausa and Yoruba people in Niger Delta gangs? grin

lol
grin
grin
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by ebos(m): 12:18pm On Aug 21, 2007
@maki
Do I have to blame you? You are typical kalabari girl. kalabari is not better than my town because I have been there. I'm from Umuahia. It is even neater than Port Harcourt.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 21, 2007
CROSS RIVER AND AKWA IBOM STATE people, no dey among una GANGS,
This na WAHALA of RIVER PEOPLE, wey no get ear to listen
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by dkingsgirl(f): 12:32pm On Aug 21, 2007
The cultist gangs terrorizing Rivers state is full of Akwa ibom and Ibo people

advice your brothers to try and make something out of their lives instead of coming here to be a menace to the society
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 21, 2007
@Mishoo,
I no believe, sey YORUBA fit be among dey gangs, never.
Fear no fit let him come to Port Harcourt.
For YORUBA man standard, his Gang finish only from Lagos to IBADAN.
Any thing across IBADAN, wetin you go hear from yoruba man mouth na (YOU WANT MAKE DEM CHOP ME !!!),
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 21, 2007
@dkingsgirl,
AKWA IBOM no dey for una gang, CROSS RIVER no dey for una gang.
Una River State WAHALA, don tire us for NIGER DELTA
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by dkingsgirl(f): 1:02pm On Aug 21, 2007
@ willywilly

Sorry to disappoint you but this cultist are more of Akwa ibom generally called Calabar people. truly those people are just everywhere, they even constitute the major part of Okada riders hence this okada problem. if some of them will just go back to their state will breath a lot of fresh air in Port Harcourt.

dont be fooled by believing that this cultism is only people from this part, they people from all over Naiga.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by mishoo(m): 1:52pm On Aug 21, 2007
willywilly:

@Mishoo,
I no believe, sey YORUBA fit be among dey gangs, never.
Fear no fit let him come to Port Harcourt.
For YORUBA man standard, his Gang finish only from Lagos to IBADAN.
Any thing across IBADAN, wetin you go hear from yoruba man mouth na (YOU WANT MAKE DEM CHOP ME !!!),

Hahahahahaha

Rolling on the floor !!

Its not far from th truth sha !!
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by ebos(m): 2:44pm On Aug 21, 2007
The criminals that kidnapped the 3-year old girls are cooling off in Police Net. Check out link.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2007/aug/21/national-21-08-2007-001.htm
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by ebos(m): 2:44pm On Aug 21, 2007
The criminals that kidnapped the 3-year old girl are cooling off in Police Net. Check out link.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2007/aug/21/national-21-08-2007-001.htm
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 21, 2007
@mishoo,
I like as you sey na truth i said, about Yoruba gang. Listen make i tell you another truth, wey people no won talk.
you see this PORT HARCOURT WAHALA, this problem no bi CULT this CULT that.
The main problem of PORT HARCOURT na CURSE, but people no won face dey reality.
I come from south south, but not River State. this problem na CURSE. Except the remove the CURSE, this
KATAKATA go dey come every time. that is why i dey beg other NIGERIANS make dem help beg
IBO PEOPLE make dem remove this CURSE. this na dey real truth, but dey no won talk.
IBO CURSE PORT HARCOURT
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by seun001(m): 8:25pm On Aug 21, 2007
chei,peeps don come with anoda one ooo!!who curse who.is there any correlation with peeps misbehaving?
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by FACE(m): 9:24pm On Aug 21, 2007
quote]leave your property and run away, we will still claim it.[quote][/quote]

@ Maki. Do you really believe without feeling guilty that the Igbo's deserved to have their assets seized by your parents following their loss of the civil war?

I am also sure that you believe that they deserved to be robbed by the Federal government who gave them only 20 pounds regardless of how much they had in the banks before the war.

No problem. Where you sow is where you will reap. May you continue to find properties to seize, if your actions were justified before God and man. If not, may all those who participated in the sex-attack r-a-p--e of the defenceless be repaid many times in their own coins.

Regarding the state of affairs in PH. The gang lords have neighbours and people know who they are and what their activities are. The problem is that the police cannot be relied on not to sell out informers, so people do not bother with giving useful information to the police. The police have shown time after time that their guns are not for the protection of the average Nigerian, but  for extorting innocent Nigerians and cannot offer any meaningful challenge to the gang lords.

It is not entirely correct to assume that the bandits carry superior weapons to police weapons. The bandits only look fearsome because they carry bandoliers around their chests. The Nigeria Police use assault rifles like AK47 as well. Even the guns that we see most of them use (G3) are also automatic assault rifles with effective range nearing 500 meters. They also use Thompson, Uzi and other SMGs. So what is the problem? Proper training, good pay and discipline may be a good motivation to fight these people.

In the time being, it is a good thing that the army are trying to restore normalcy, but I believe that they should go a step further by carrying out dawn raids at known hideouts.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by chukz4real(m): 9:54am On Aug 22, 2007
I trecked all the way from Abacha Rd, GRA Phase III, (my office) to Mile 4 on Friday 'cos of the curfew recently imposed in PH. The truth of the matter is that Ph crisis is all about the militants, its more of a political stuff. The government of Rivers State is the major cause. Odili promised cult guys some amount of money which they (Vikings) said he has be paying them before he left office. However, Omehia would not comply with such agreement! Hence, cult guys and babes took to the streest of Ph to protest. Well, heavily armed soldier men from neighbouring Enugu State now keep us at lock from 6:00pm everyday! Good for us all!
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by McKren(m): 10:04am On Aug 22, 2007
My brother PH matter don pass vikings oh!!!!!!

Yes once upon a time, the Icelanders of Borikiri, Deybam/Deywell of Diobu, Elegemface of Rumuigbo, Bushboys of Okirika were all loyal to Vikings.
But right now, that is not very accurate anymore, the university vikings boys are becoming kind of more loyal to street boys cos that is where the fast money and guns are. Vikings in PH right now is simply childs play.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 22, 2007
oooh, cult and cult.
PORT HARCOURT from GARDEN CITY to GARDEN OF HELL
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by otuonye(m): 3:33pm On Aug 22, 2007
Everybody here has to understand that despite the fact that we speak in various languages, people see us as Nigerians and the problem we have in Port Harcourt is not a tribal problem - it is a Nigerian Problem.

Whether you are Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Ijaw or Efik, but you are staying in PH, stop laying blames on this or that tribe. All of us should try and get things fixed up [in our own little ways].

STOP THE TRIBAL DISCRIMINATION. HOWEVER, BE PROUD OF WHERE YOU COME FROM.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by shango(m): 4:48pm On Aug 22, 2007
when the people of the Delta aren't living like Paupers maybe these things won't happen.

But you can send military and police to fix a problem that stems from poverty and exploitation. It will never solve the problem like putting a band-aid on a sore caused by AIDS.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Nikkysgirl(f): 7:20pm On Aug 22, 2007
As an outsider looking in, this is all very confusing to me. I think I have the jist of things, but then you start throwing in
"curses", "this tribe blames that tribe", for what? Etc.

Can someone please tell me, in English, what all this madness is about? All I know for sure is, the love of my life is there. In PH, all he will tell me is he is safe, and that "the military is in control." That just today. He just doesn't want me to worry.

What I know is what I see in the news, and it doesn't comfort me.
Anyone?

Marcia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nneoma Rochas Okorocha Celebrates Her Birthday (Photos) / ‘There Won’t Be Outside Influence’ — CJN Speaks On Supreme Court ‘VAT Panel’ / Incitement And The 2023 Polls - Segun Awosanya (Segalink)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.