Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt (15934 Views)

Troops Kill Boko Haram Fighters During Battle In Babangida; Yobe (Graphic Pic) / Pictures From The Battle In Baga Against Boko Haram / Nigerian Military Release Photos From The Battle In Konduga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by godslead(f): 11:23am On Aug 17, 2007
@uche77zero are u serious? shocked
sure it wasnt a gud experience @ all.
Thank God u lived to tell the story,and I pray u'll never be a victim of all dese violence.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by zigbo(f): 11:38am On Aug 17, 2007
@azoriju AMEN
may God protect my family in ph.

what exactly is causing that much violence there?
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Carlosein(m): 12:49pm On Aug 17, 2007
what exactly is causing that much violence there?

same thing that caused the war in iraq and in tens of other places: GREED, GREED, GREED AND MORE GREED!!!

1 Like

Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Carlosein(m): 12:53pm On Aug 17, 2007
let the JTF role in the heavy guns jare!

Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Carlosein(m): 12:56pm On Aug 17, 2007
all them MEND, MASSOB, cultists and whatever else their names are will surrender like above pix when they see and feel the full brunt of the JTF, YES O!
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Carlosein(m): 12:57pm On Aug 17, 2007
all them MEND, MASSOB, cultists and whatever else their names are will surrender like above pix when they see and feel the full brunt of the JTF, YES O!

Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by richylaw(m): 1:56pm On Aug 17, 2007
Still finding it hard to believe it's eventually turned to this, come to think of it; the water lily does not dance to vague tunes, it surely has a drummer on the river bed. The military / government should strategise on how to pin down these guys's ammunitionists . A war without the arms is already an history before it starts at all.
PECULIAR NONSENSE!

1 Like

Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 17, 2007
Na now we dey get our reward from NIGERIA,
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by McKren(m): 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2007
Carlosein:

same thing that caused the war in iraq and in tens of other places: GREED, GREED, GREED AND MORE GREED!!!

Sometimes when we talk about greed its important to put what we mean in perspective, are you talking about greed on the part of these boys or on the part of politicians.

I have never been in support of Soboma George and co cause I thought the future of Nigeria should not be left in the hands of touts, I thought that as touts at some point power, money and guns might get into their head and they will loose control.

But the fact remains that Nigeria has a Soboma George today cos the country let youths down, elite politicians let youths down.
So when you talk about greed make sure you put your argument in perspective.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by otuonye(m): 2:35pm On Aug 17, 2007
My people,

It was not a small thing yesterday ooo. PH is in trouble ooo. If this thing continues like this, I may have to run away ooo. Let me recount my experience yesterday:

I was sitting in front of my street [at one shop - it was closed yesterday because of the violence]. We did not even know that they were coming. All of a sudden they came [driving furiously] on motor-bikes. They were about 9 of them [millitants]. My brother, if you see these boys, only the sight of them will kill you. They look like DEATh itself.

What attracted them to my area was a tip off that Ateke boys [another millitant group] had come to our vicinity and that we received them. So, they came to have a showdown with them.

So, immediately they landed, everybody started running. But with the stampede, I did not know where to run to. So, they closed in on me. Then the worst happened: THEY ALL POINTED THEIR GUNS AT ME.

Honestly, by the time they pointed their guns at me [about 5 of them - the rest went to see whether Ateke boys truly came into our environment], I thought that I was dead. Infact, I was just listening to hear the sound of the bullet coming towards me. I felt like going to TOILET immediately. Heat started pouring all over my body as if they poured water on me.

So, I just knelt down on the road and lifted my hands up for them. The place I knelt down was even a muddy place - but I did not care. I started begging them. Listen to the conversation between me and them:

ME: Abeg, make una no shoot me. [kneeling down and with my hands in the air]. Abeggg,

THEM: Who you be? Who you be? [meaning: which cult do you belong to?]

ME: I no be anything ooo [stammering unconsciously] I , I, no be anything ooo. Abeg, make una no shoot me oooo. Abeg, Sir. Abeg, Sir [Imagine me was calling those touts Sir].

THEM: I say: WHO YOU BE? You no dey hear?

ME: I say I no be anything. Abeggggggggg,

When they saw that actually, I am not a member of any cult group, they said:

THEM: Oya, stand up!! Stand up!! Stand up fast!!!

Then, I stood up immediately as commanded [it was a situation of life and death - one pull on the trigger, then I would be dead].

THEM: Then, their leader said: Before, I open my eyes, Run Run, Run.

ME: Yes Sir! Yes Sir! Yes !!!!

THEM: Their leader says: Idiot!! Idioot!!!!

ME: I said: Yes, I be idiot. I greeeeeeeeeeeeeee ooooooooooooo. I be idiot. Thank you sir.

Honestly, the kind of race I took back to my house, If I had run that race for Nigeria at any olympic tournament, I would definitely have won a GOLD MEDAL.

My brothers and sisters, do not mind what the govt officials are saying. The millitants have over - powered the state government. The federal troops have to come in right now. If they do not come in, something go happen ooo.

People are dying every day by these millitants, yet the govt says that they are containing the situation. In fact, the best thing is for the federal govt to declare a state of emergency! Period!

If you are not in Port Harcourt, please do not come down here for any reason. This place is seriously becoming the BAGHDAD of NIGERIA. Stray bullets are flying in the air like raindrops.

Me sef, I am thinking of packing to any other peaceful city. I think Aba or Owerri will be a safer place.

PAJOJO

1 Like

Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 17, 2007
I dey beg IBO people, Please
Make una go remove dey CURSE, wee una CURSE PORT HARCOURT, sey PORT HARCOUT no go see peace.
I use God beg una
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Banderas(m): 2:43pm On Aug 17, 2007
Men Pajojo, we thank God for saving your life o.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 17, 2007
Pajojo, Thank God for your life.

Seems you're not really a "niggar" after all. cheesy cheesy
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Carlosein(m): 2:51pm On Aug 17, 2007
@otuonye

bro, i thank God for your life o.

but please don't be too alarmist cos some "small boys" pointed guns at you.

by calling for all the big big guns cos me i say you should be a man and run for your life even  before the federal boys show face because the place go hot pass as e be so ehennnn!

@willywilly

which ones consern ibo for this show naa

for where abouts dem cos ph?
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Carlosein(m): 2:54pm On Aug 17, 2007
@otuonye

bro, i thank God for your life o.

but please don't be too alarmist because some "small boys" pointed guns at you.

by calling for all the big big guns because me i say you should be a man and run for your life even before the federal boys show face because the place go hot pass as e be so ehennnn!

@willywilly

which ones consern ibo for this show naa

for where abouts them CURSE ph?
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 17, 2007
@Carlosein,
I hear sey IBO CURSE PORT HARCOURT, sey e no go see peace. Na only KATAKATA e go dey see.
that is why i dey beg dem, make dem remove dey CURSE.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Carlosein(m): 3:48pm On Aug 17, 2007
when did they do so?
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by godslead(f): 3:50pm On Aug 17, 2007
@ otuonye thank God 4 ur life o!
Hey i cant even imagine how u felt wen dis was happening to u.
Abeg mind the way u dey move o and d area too!
What area is ur street?
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by ateke2(m): 3:57pm On Aug 17, 2007
@crazyp
which one be your own na

@uche777 and otuonye
take heart

@everyone
The truth.
soboma George is the terror we have now in rivers state.

The soboma is the same person that broke out of prison and was walking freely in ph, In fact I see him everyday the jeep he drives is not two in ph (tinted, no number). He is the same person that due to his arrest a police station was burnt down by his boys to free him with heavy gun fire, and after the incident he still walks freely in the same port Harcourt, and now the same soboma again.

somebody somewhere is not doing his job
The government should stop deceiving us.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by sleekdot(m): 4:03pm On Aug 17, 2007
Payoyo,

Thank God for your life.

But on a lighter note If I ever hear you harass your younger ones or your wife/girlfriend I would come to PH to beat you personally.

All those small small boys say make you kneel down Tufiakwa. You no fit show dem say you be big boy. You Bleep up no be small.

And na your type go watch film say Van Damme or Arnold Bleep up say im for use flying kick collect gun from the opponent.

Or abuse Tyson say na lazy man.

All of you that are clamoring for war of revolution this is just a millionth part of what wars look like.

So peace in any form is far better than the sweetest war.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by views(m): 4:09pm On Aug 17, 2007
Before it was Warri, now it Ph. Wot is wrong with this niger delta people sef. Or are they the iraq of Nigeria?. Anyhow let dem finish themselves it unfortunate. What do u expect, now that the Oyinbos have all gone, dog go chop dog na.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Banderas(m): 4:11pm On Aug 17, 2007
Views, where are you from if I may ask?
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Carlosein(m): 4:21pm On Aug 17, 2007
@Mckren

when i say greed i mean that unholy vice in itself that makes a man want to accumulate material wealth which neither he nor his generations unborn can ever totally dispense of. examples of it are:

1. the greed of the colonial masters who were mostly (but not only) interested in milking nigeria dry of her God given natural resources for their own pockets and country.

2. then the greed of our governments past and present, who when thinking of their stomachs alone amass billions without regard for the citizens of the country ala KALU, ALAMEISEIGHA (or however u may spell his name), TURAKI etc.
AND NOW,
3. the greed of the MASSOB, MEND, CULTISTS and all others under the umbrella of militants, who while claiming to be marginalized (or God only knows whatever excuses they may have) can not (as someone has pointed out), advocate/protest in peace but have to resort to violence in the form maiming, raping and kidnapping of even children only to ask for millions of dollars in ransom for their purses only.

my brother that is the raw unadulterated greed i am referring to.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by wills(m): 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2007
Attn, people.

Curfew imposed in PH, 7am to 6 pm.

Coming in to Ph please , take note
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by ebos(m): 4:33pm On Aug 17, 2007
The Joint Task Force want to finish those criminals in Port Harcourt. I heard Saboma George was killed. That's good. Check out the link - over 32 cultists killed.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=86536
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by otuonye(m): 4:40pm On Aug 17, 2007
Sleekdot and Carlosein,

It appears you guys do not understand the level of insecurity in Port Harcourt - that is why you are taking this thing for a joke. sad

I am talking about how I almost lost my life - and you guys are there comparing me with Arnold Schwarzneggar? This thing is beyond "ACTION FILM" ooo.

Forget what you see in films - those situations are not real. Even ARnold or Jackie Chan cannot even dare those boys ooo.

Meanwhile, forget what the govt officials and soldiers are saying that SOBOMA GEORGE is dead! Na lie oo. We saw him today! The guy dey bounce. Nothing do am sef!

But we heard that he was travelling to Bayelsa this morning! - probably to re-inforce? who knows?

Me, my own concern is for govt to declare a state of emergency. That is the only solution. As for me, I have already called my family in owerri and told them that I am coming home. By tomorrow morning, I am in Owerri.

Am out of here.
PAJOJO
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by godslead(f): 4:44pm On Aug 17, 2007
sleekdot:

Payoyo,
But on a lighter note If I ever hear you harass your younger ones or your wife/girlfriend I would come to PH to beat you personally.

All those small small boys say make you kneel down Tufiakwa. You no fit show them say you be big boy. You mess up no be small.

And na your type go watch film say Van Damme or Arnold mess up say im for use flying kick collect gun from the opponent.

Or abuse Tyson say na lazy man.

U funny o.U no kw say big boy no dey for life and death matter.
Like say if na u ,u no go gree say u be more dan idot and even call dere leader "My Sirrr" grin cheesy

@otuonye dont mind dem jo na we way dey ph kw hw e dey.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by ebos(m): 5:05pm On Aug 17, 2007
Saboma George is a devil. He sent his boys to harass us in 2004 when I was in Port Harcourt. They suspected one guy who was discussing with us at a friend’s Birthday Party at Elechi, Diobu was still in the vehicle, but the guy knew they were after him and had to drop on the way as soon as we drove out, they rushed ahead of us and waited on the way. As they sighted us, they motioned us to stop, but my friend refused because of Diobu’s insecurity, instead he threatened them with the way he drove, what we saw was gun shot in the air. We had to stop immediately. It was the grace of God and some of them I knew so well, we would have been shot. They need to be flushed out. They are criminals. I hope they don’t get to Rumuomasi, my people are there.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by ateke2(m): 5:12pm On Aug 17, 2007
ebos
the guy is still alive
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by ebos(m): 5:16pm On Aug 17, 2007
ateke2:

ebos
the guy is still alive

It's unfortunate he's still alive. I know soonest, 6ft will be his accommodation
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Carlosein(m): 5:26pm On Aug 17, 2007
dimka

olboy you de suffer from glycomarepeatitious disorder?

wetin now?
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by ebos(m): 5:38pm On Aug 17, 2007
@Dimka

Real MASSOB members cannot do that. The govt is trying to rubbish MASSOB internationally. As for PH, those boys are cultists - criminals.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldiers Kill Many Terrorists, Rescue 20 Women & Children From Sambisa / Gov. Okorocha To Build School For Adamawa IDPs / Police Invasion: Richie Etonye Clarifies Himself, Says No Money Was Found Stolen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.