Stats: 3,152,054 members, 7,814,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt (15916 Views)

Troops Kill Boko Haram Fighters During Battle In Babangida; Yobe (Graphic Pic) / Pictures From The Battle In Baga Against Boko Haram / Nigerian Military Release Photos From The Battle In Konduga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by DorisAnn: 5:21pm On Aug 16, 2007
This one weah soldier don come out fr om
barracks to calm this militants
hope say dem no go take over Govt.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by idygee: 5:22pm On Aug 16, 2007
Many People have been killed today;
I witness as Airforce Helicopters bombard marine base from the air.Real life bombs spiralling down from the air.I am sure innocent pple will be killed too.
Abeg make dem finish this militants for once.

Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by otokx(m): 5:23pm On Aug 16, 2007
Omehia they say refuses to pay this criminal gangs which hitherto were adequately rewarded by Odili.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by CrazyMan(m): 5:30pm On Aug 16, 2007
The military has identified the shootig. They said that two rival cult grops were fighting for control over the area. But they haved assured residents in the area not to worry because everything has been brought under control. So if you're a resident of Porth-harcourt, stop having sleepless night because everything is calm now says the military.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Mariory(m): 5:31pm On Aug 16, 2007
Some people want us to believe these are gangs separate from militants that have been sabotaging pipelines and kidnapping people for the "Niger Delta Struggle".

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070816/wl_nm/nigeria_delta_dc;_ylt=AnKVwgdzc.Qm22GGVGxnbL696Q8F

Tom and George used to be part of the same group until they fell out and George joined a faction of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), one of the more active rebel groups in the delta.

MEND said in an e-mail to Reuters that George escaped "alive and well" from an attack on his hotel on Thursday, but several aides were killed by troops firing rockets and machine guns.

The group threatened reprisal attacks from midnight unless the government halted the military operations.

Very interesting that MEND is trying to demand the military stop operations against these guys. Very interesting indeed.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by otokx(m): 5:37pm On Aug 16, 2007
Which one consign MASSOB inside this matter?
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Mariory(m): 5:43pm On Aug 16, 2007
Then keep that in the Onisha thread.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Echidime(m): 5:47pm On Aug 16, 2007
These are the consequences of bitraying the BIAFRAN soldiers and the Biafran course.Niger Delta in general shall know no peace until they confess their SINS on how they collaborated with the Norht and the Yorubas to bitray BIAFRANS.

They think they were doing bad to BIAFRANS which they too belongs to , now they are seeing clearly. They NEVER JAM. We are here watching and looking where this MADNESS will take them to. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by desgiezd(m): 5:48pm On Aug 16, 2007
Could this be a dress rehearsal for what will happen when the resource control is finally achieved? Just wondering.

Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by desgiezd(m): 5:54pm On Aug 16, 2007
@ Echidime

I hope you are not still keeping the bitterness of over 40 yrs within you. It doesnt worth it brother, let it go.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by ezioku(m): 5:59pm On Aug 16, 2007
This problem will only end when govt summons the courage to arrest those financiers of cultism in Rivers state who are currently enjoying their loot without being arrested by SSS and EFCC.

Killing the present crop of cultist will not stop it totally,because the finaciers will recruit a new set and then shout about marginalisation of the Niger Delta.

This whole Niger Delta thing is beginning to sound like a broken record,i do not wish to hear it again if the militants cannot ask the Niger Delta Govs how they spent the 13% percent.

Yar Adua should not waste time probing Kalu and Turaki the big fishes are available let him take them on first.(Odili,Ibori,Igbinedion and Attah)

Most of these Govs are prime candidates for the international criminal court because their activities could be comfortably classified as crimes against humanity.

Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by ezioku(m): 6:07pm On Aug 16, 2007
@ Echidime

The Niger Delta issue has nothing to do with Biafra,If you ask my opinion i still think that the Niger Deltans made the best choice by siding Nigeria.

Our leaders are the problem in the niger delta.

I will rather be slave in nigeria thatn be a free born in your so-called biafra
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by chynes(f): 6:47pm On Aug 16, 2007
@Ezioku

And may God grant your wish.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by zigbo(f): 6:55pm On Aug 16, 2007
Echidime:

These are the consequences of bitraying the BIAFRAN soldiers and the Biafran course.Niger Delta in general shall know no peace until they confess their SINS on how they collaborated with the Norht and the Yorubas to bitray BIAFRANS.

They think they were doing bad to BIAFRANS which they too belongs to , now they are seeing clearly. They NEVER JAM. We are here watching and looking where this MADNESS will take them to. grin grin grin grin grin grin

WTF!!! angry ,
i am igbo but screw biafra!!! go ask ur elders wat they went thru during the biafra war and they will tell u dat they dnt want to experience it again. may i remind you that we(igbos)are alone so its like igbo against other tribes both minor nd majour.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Carlosein(m): 7:10pm On Aug 16, 2007
as ruggedman said "you either hate naija or love naija in peace or war"

all those mouthing aspersions against our nation nigeria should go look for something else to do.

as for biafra, when will they learn it is a forgotten issue only worthy of discussion at the palmwine drinking gathering of elders, telling tales of woes to children to dissuade them from towing the same path.

Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by isiimobhio(f): 7:25pm On Aug 16, 2007
dis militants dier wahala is becoming 2 much innocent peopleare cut down in their prime. now in garden city u have to make calls to all nooks and corner of the city to find out if all is well b4 venturing out. whule out u still need to keep ur ears close to the ground.if in garden cty it is like this i wonder how people in iraq and isreal are coping :

Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by LongOne1(m): 7:36pm On Aug 16, 2007
you guys shld just pray 4 nigeria thats all.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by mazaje(m): 8:11pm On Aug 16, 2007
This thugs no dey tire?
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by uche77zero(m): 8:33pm On Aug 16, 2007
i don't see any thing to be rest assured about
i saw boys of ages 16 - 30 carrying automatic assult rifles along
the creek rod by 10 am sniffing coke and drinking spirit along the streets
i saw a battle air ship shoot a 16mm rounds 6 fts from me
i saw small boys of 16 years carry bags of grenades in sack as f
they were back from the farm on a harvest
i saw boys shoot rockets at a battle ship and dodge rounds of this plane
as if they were dodging stones
the walk from creek road to park was like a script off "blood diamond" the movie and they tell me to sleep
i still hear gunsshot though i am 50km and 7hrs away
my dear i was walking and i came face to face to the plane with my hands in the air
i knelt down and said my final prayers cause they boys were shooting at the plane behind me

Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by zigbo(f): 8:47pm On Aug 16, 2007
@dimka why u keep sendin this over nd over
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by azorjiu(m): 10:46pm On Aug 16, 2007
Thisday emerging report has it that Saboma George was killed today while The New says he escaped unhurt. I wish all the militants death in the hands of the nigerian military. May this re-current nonsense come to an end now.

Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by femionasan(m): 11:24pm On Aug 16, 2007
I really hope the govt has decided to put an end to this niger delta militants, cos whether we like it or not it is only force that will end all this. I still beleive criminals have taken over these kidnappings under the guise of mend or the other militants and they need to be flushed out there is no hiding place anymore my only prayer is that innocent souls are not are not sacrificed due to the selfishness of these criminals. They should be flushed out like ants being sprayed with insecticide.

Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by RichyBlacK(m): 11:27pm On Aug 16, 2007
The so-called militants of the Niger Delta are just children in the real sense of the word. If they are tired of the way the Nigerian oligarchy has ravaged their land of its resources, then they have three options:
1. Keep quiet and do nothing, i.e., bend down and take the humiliation calmly.
2. Organize peaceful rallies, protests, etc. in line with Gandhi's and M. L. King's doctrine of non-violence (this option is being tried by MASSOB and it doesn't seem to be working)
3. Declare their lands free independent territories and be ready to fight to the death! (Mighty Biafra attempted this but lost gallantly)

Let's see.
Option 2 will be summarily ignored by the callous oligarchs in Nigeria.
Option 3? No soul or group in all of the Niger Delta can truly attempt this option. Only the brave, those ready to lay down their lives will attempt this. The scattered groups of the Niger Delta will not withstand Nigeria's full military might in just 30 days!
Option 1, the only option left.

Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!!

Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by RichyBlacK(m): 11:31pm On Aug 16, 2007
There may be a 4th option lipsrsealed
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by azorjiu(m): 11:33pm On Aug 16, 2007
Good news. More news on the death of militants please.

http://www.leadershipnigeria.com/product_info.php?products_id=11113

The Joint Military Task Force yesterday morning killed a notorious cult leader, George Soboma in Port Harcourt, the River State Capital.

This followed a raid on a hideout of the militants who have been unleashing terror on residents in the past few days.

The situation has created tension in the oil rich state leading to a high presence of heavily armed soldiers.

The JMTF Spokesman, Maj. Sagir Musa, confirmed the development.

Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by RichyBlacK(m): 11:43pm On Aug 16, 2007
This struggle will not make any progress unless ALL the militants come under one command and control. They should mobilize into fighting military units (platoons). Adequate planning is necessary to attempt to take on Nigeria's military. All these scattered skirmishes, kidnappings of babies, burning police stations meant to protect their people, etc. will achieve nothing. Only proper military tactics can make any form impact.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by dgb4(m): 8:01am On Aug 17, 2007
It was terrible yesterday,
We were locked down in the office meanwhile i have an exam to write by 2.00pm i prayed to God for the security to open before that time and God answered my prayers.

I went out peaceful and returned. grin
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by jinworm: 10:35am On Aug 17, 2007
Are the Talibans responsible 4 wat is happenin in PH? If no, then these are the pple we shud called
terrorist. pple in PH, pls,assist the forces wth useful infor so as 2 trace those terrorist if u dnt wnt wat happened
2 the pple of zaki biam 2 happened 2 u. as 4 me, im hia in the north, enjoying absolute freedom and maximum
security woooo.

Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by Mariory(m): 10:40am On Aug 17, 2007
You must be male then. grin
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by peteroby(m): 10:41am On Aug 17, 2007
Fear, in a controlled state, is a fine tool of survival! and The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by peteroby(m): 10:59am On Aug 17, 2007
na so

Re: Fresh Gun Battle In Port Harcourt by peteroby(m): 11:02am On Aug 17, 2007
if the poor can;t sleep because they are hungry,the rich will not sleep because the poor are awake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan / FG Bars States From Bank Loans / Nneoma Rochas Okorocha Celebrates Her Birthday (Photos)