Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt (23807 Views)

FG Begins Payment Of 8-month Salary Backlog To Breakaway ASUU Faction / BREAKING: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Go / Our Insistence On Quota System Is Causing Serious Problem On Our Education - Don (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by MDK777: 9:44pm On Aug 19, 2022
Federal goat � pay naaaaa
Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Paschalinemary(f): 10:20pm On Aug 19, 2022
It is just so sad that students get to face this every single year. It's too sad.
But a lot of students are using this period to their advantage. Acquiring skills and improving their lives. Are you just complaining and others are making a fortune? Very sad
The internet has made life easy. You don't even need to stress too much to make a fortune. Just a positive mindset, smart phone and subscription is required.
08zero, three four five, three eight five, zero five is available if you are curious about the write up
Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by rajiedreez: 10:46pm On Aug 19, 2022
Sacramento85:

How much do u think as a student your professor deserves to earn monthly?
Be sincere

I've said it on this platform that professors aren't supposed to be paid millions for their years of hard work and knowledge to be appreciated. I proposed that every professor should be given a government funded duplex with domestic staff that will be serviced by the government through the school they should have a maid, an suv (from government), a driver and a security guard all paid for by the government through the school. There salaries should be in line with the established government salary structure according to their grade level in the civil service. And mind you the house should be handed over to them as their benefit and not belong to the government. Also there should be a body like the one that regulates how lawyers are given SAN that will look into the criteria of making someone a professor to avoid schools giving professorship to the highest bidder.
Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Stanislause94: 10:58pm On Aug 19, 2022
profudus:
The work that would have been done by lecturers within the six months is still undone and ASUU members are expected to do it. However, if FG insists on non-payment of the six months salaries, then lecturers will start a new session, leaving the work for the last 6 months for government to do. It is no use bringing non-payment of salary at this time because it will be resisted by ASUU. After all,
the strike was declared by ASUU due to FG failure in implementing agreement reached in 2020.
I wonder how poorly some of you reason, is it not extra year added to students already? Can the time be reverted? It’s simple they’ll continue from where they stop and start receiving their salaries
Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by pizapato(m): 11:13pm On Aug 19, 2022
Minjim:

This how it going to be since ASUU wants to be paid for the half a year they did not work , student should sue ASUU for collecting salaries for 6 months and not working.

Since wants to be paid they should also accept the responsibility of being sued

That they did not engage in teaching does not mean they are not working. Academics is a combination of teaching and research. While teaching was suspended during strike, research are ongoing.

If you want to talk about people not working and getting paid, you should direct that to those working in moribund refineries that can't refine a barel of crude daily and the Ajaokuta steel plant that has never produced a single bar of steel since it was built.
Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by alphaNomega: 12:33am On Aug 20, 2022
DSoj:

What responsible govt? From IBB, to Abacha, Abdulsalami, Obj, Yaradua, GEJ, Buhari, they have forever been going on endless strikes.
Forget it, they are being unreasonable knowing govt will bend or beg.

What exactly do they want?

Kindly attend any local ASUU meeting close to you and hear for yourself. Nigerian government is very insincere .
Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by olanreyman(m): 1:00am On Aug 20, 2022
noble71:
yes boss if you have done KYC and migrated to mainnet.
I'm awaiting result of kyc applied about a week ago
Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Minjim: 2:46am On Aug 20, 2022
pizapato:

That they did not engage in teaching does not mean they are not working. Academics is a combination of teaching and research. While teaching was suspended during strike, research are ongoing.

If you want to talk about people not working and getting paid, you should direct that to those working in moribund refineries that can't refine a barel of crude daily and the Ajaokuta steel plant that has never produced a single bar of steel since it was built.

I get your point
Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by noble71(m): 5:04am On Aug 20, 2022
olanreyman:

I'm awaiting result of kyc applied about a week ago
good.
Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by ThiefnubuBandit: 7:35am On Aug 20, 2022
assholemods:

If you don't know you are more demented, if fact nobody can cure you of your madness again. Your own is finished!

I press your mama rotten toto, the toto make fuen fuen.
Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by ThiefnubuBandit: 7:36am On Aug 20, 2022
adiori0303:

See what ur drunk,demented,improverished and drug addicted rapist father's seed brought forth undecided

I press your mama rotten Toto, the toto make fuen fuen cheesy
Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by bahaushe1: 8:11am On Aug 20, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

About your first point, FGN paid EAA during this present strike.

About your second point, maybe you should refer to your strike memo or request one from your strike committee, the strike was tagged total and comprehensive, no project supervision, no research work etc for the period of the strike. If some have been doing that, it means they have been going against the union directives.

As for community service, even if ASUU are involved in any tangible one, is it supposed to be paid for? Since it's called " community service"
The only one i can think of is their roles in helping to rig elections, where professors serve as returning officers, and they get their brown envelopes right on the spot.

Look at the 5th item in the memo below and submit the names of the lecturers who have been doing research works during the strike to ASUU NEC for appropriate sanctions.

I served as collation officer during the general elections; I was once a presiding officer and assistant presiding officer during my service year. I have therefore fair knowledge of how elections are conducted in Nigeria. But this thread and my comment under it has nothing to do with election.

Keep to the topic whenever you are discussing an issue with people.
Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by JJuanMiguel: 8:37am On Aug 20, 2022
bahaushe1:

I served as collation officer during the general elections; I was once a presiding officer and assistant presiding officer during my service year. I have therefore fair knowledge of how elections are conducted in Nigeria. But this thread and my comment under it has nothing to do with election.

Keep to the topic whenever you are discussing an issue with people.

So what are those "community service" the lecturers have been doing that warrants 6 months salary?
Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by adiori0303: 3:22pm On Aug 20, 2022
ThiefnubuBandit:

I press your mama rotten Toto, the toto make fuen fuen cheesy

Hahahaha.
U mama don dey go brothel go fvck so she go see money feed u.
Wait,make she bri g food come so u go choo take medicine.
No telk ur papa where she deh go o.
U know say ur papa na imbec*le
Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by assholemods: 9:05pm On Sep 18, 2022
ThiefnubuBandit:

I press your mama rotten toto, the toto make fuen fuen.
Look at gutter language, I am not surprised you are from a dysfunctional home.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Water Supplied To Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital Hostel, Kano / Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University / ASUU Denies Reaching Agreement With FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.