Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt (23800 Views)

FG Begins Payment Of 8-month Salary Backlog To Breakaway ASUU Faction / BREAKING: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Go / Our Insistence On Quota System Is Causing Serious Problem On Our Education - Don (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:12am On Aug 19, 2022
FG os just plain mad and stupid

1 Like

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by TenQ: 7:13am On Aug 19, 2022
jyz200:
ASUU is greedy
If ASUU didn't go on industrial action, would this your Government resolve the problem on ground?

1 Like

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by sureboykris(m): 7:13am On Aug 19, 2022
Pay them the money

1 Like

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by duduade: 7:13am On Aug 19, 2022
This paying of six months seems somehow in my own opinion

I do not know whether to believe Adamu on this

On the memo released by ASUU there was no where it was mentioned rather they outrightly concluded at the end that the FG go back to the new draft agreement

But Adamu is here saying all problems have been worked on except paying of the six months

3 Likes

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Kingxchange44: 7:13am On Aug 19, 2022
My opinion: It's not greedy because if agreements were reached without issues ASUU won't go on strike, How can federal government allow them to be on strike for so long. I will all the blame on FG.

Secondly: ASUU won't call off this strike till a full agreement is made because if they do without getting their 6 months salary not a full agreement then they will be taken for granted as well as losing out....

Meanwhile Nigerian Students will massively vote for PETER OBI

4 Likes

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Franklyspeakin: 7:14am On Aug 19, 2022
Drs where eventually paid.
OboOlora:
Just because some past administration like IBB and Obasanjo did it doesn’t make it the norm, ASUU needs to think twice and be realistic.

The country is facing the worst recession in its history and the treasury is almost empty. Even people that have been working are owed salary so how would the govt pay the ones that haven’t worked for 6months

As useless and selfish as the govt is, I do not support this at all.

A time is coming when no one would send ASUU again, either our kids are in private Uni or they learn a trade.

Let ASUU continue to think they can earn without working, it will shock them like Drs during ARD strike

5 Likes

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by fiizznation: 7:14am On Aug 19, 2022
Well I support the FG on this.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:14am On Aug 19, 2022
Nice one PMB. Long may you live. U wan make dem pay u 4 d work u did not do, shishi u no go see. Nonsense. What abt d students? Who will pay 4 dia time?

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by wonderr(m): 7:14am On Aug 19, 2022
Myfavourite:
I just cry for my unborn children cry
don't cry, work hard, there are universities abroad
Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Freelane33(m): 7:16am On Aug 19, 2022
Make dem pay asu
The money Dey ground
All the money whey efcc collect from yahoo boys and corrupt politicians
All the abacha loots
And other
ASU ain’t asking for so much

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by desiredhome: 7:17am On Aug 19, 2022
divinehand2003:
When Federal Government came up with the "No work, no pay policy", I knew it was a joke. That 6 months salary owed by the government during the strike will be another issue and must be paid before further negotiations are made.
You decide not to work because of your selfish interest, now you want to be paid for not working....... When you knew what you called the strike on was not going to be achievable.....

This is the area I like the wike's administration.....no one will try that in Rivers state,...

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Benwallt(m): 7:18am On Aug 19, 2022
ThiefnubuBandit:
See what the useless foolish demented drug criminal called Tinupoo brought upon Nigeria.
This shows you are not trained. Learn from others

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by dettolgel: 7:18am On Aug 19, 2022
Minjim:

This how it going to be since ASUU wants to be paid for the half a year they did not work , student should sue ASUU for collecting salaries for 6 months and not working.

Since wants to be paid they should also accept the responsibility of being sued

ASUU works for FG and FG owns the school. It is like you suing your secondary school teacher for being on strike. The person the students have contractual obligations with is infact FG not ASUU it is up to FG to sue its employees for not providing services FG clients (students) paid for.

I might be wrong but those knowledgeable enough on this matter should throw more light on it.

1 Like

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Munamoqel: 7:18am On Aug 19, 2022
divinehand2003:
When Federal Government came up with the "No work, no pay policy", I knew it was a joke. That 6 months salary owed by the government during the strike will be another issue and must be paid before further negotiations are made.
how will you owe some that didn't work ? That Mathematical impossible !

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Eleyigidgan: 7:20am On Aug 19, 2022
divinehand2003:
come collect am na.
lazy idiot

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by mayorbch(m): 7:20am On Aug 19, 2022
Vote wisely.

Vote Peter Obi for President.

Meanwhile at a good rate sell your Pi π to us.

How do I contact you to buy the pi
Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by ThiefnubuBandit: 7:21am On Aug 19, 2022
Benwallt:
This shows you are not trained. Learn from others

This shows that your brain functions very slowly. Now fvck off!!!

1 Like

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by coputa(m): 7:21am On Aug 19, 2022
noble71:
shocked
If you are a student find something doing because it will be a long ride.

Vote wisely.

Vote Peter Obi for President.

Meanwhile at a good rate sell your Pi π to us.
even if you vote Peter obi,ASUU will still go on strike, it's their signature,why should they be paid for not working

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Eleyigidgan: 7:22am On Aug 19, 2022
OboOlora:
Just because some past administration like IBB and Obasanjo did it doesn’t make it the norm, ASUU needs to think twice and be realistic.

The country is facing the worst recession in its history and the treasury is almost empty. Even people that have been working are owed salary so how would the govt pay the ones that haven’t worked for 6months

A time is coming when no one would send ASUU again, either our kids are in private Uni or they learn a trade.

Let ASUU continue to think they can earn without working, it will shock them like Drs during ARD strike
God bless you for this insightful comment

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Maj196(m): 7:23am On Aug 19, 2022
Since they will cover the time lost. So they must be paid. However,this will serve as a cautionary tale and deterrent for them in case of future strikes
Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Eleyigidgan: 7:23am On Aug 19, 2022
Bodmum:
ASUP=betrayers
just shut up already

1 Like

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Timekeeper452: 7:24am On Aug 19, 2022
jyz200:
ASUU is greedy
no they aren’t. Won’t they work to cover for that 6 months strike? Or will they just skip the 6months work and jump to new curriculums?

4 Likes

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Angelfrost(m): 7:24am On Aug 19, 2022
Well, if this industrial action is not amicably resolved before campaigns officially kick off next month, then APC/Tinubu are in serious trouble!

2 Likes

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Eleyigidgan: 7:24am On Aug 19, 2022
dapelua:
useless and fail Government.......i pray any useless human being that's still supporting this useless Government call APC, we never see peace till they die.... kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
illiterate did you read and understood the post?

7 Likes

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by BigIyanga: 7:24am On Aug 19, 2022
OboOlora:

ASUU is not losing.. young Nigerians like you are going to lose. OBJ paid them after strike, GEJ paid them. GMB will pay

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Benwallt(m): 7:24am On Aug 19, 2022
ThiefnubuBandit:

This shows that your brain functions very slowly. Now fvck off!!!
Vulnerable dingbat. Tueh!

1 Like

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by dogmart(m): 7:25am On Aug 19, 2022
Munamoqel:
how will you owe some that didn't work ? That Mathematical impossible !

I tire o.
i don't even understand whats going on in this country.

You decided as an employeee to go on strike to fight for what u term to b right. Did they tell u there wont be casualties during fights,?

Expecting to be paid for work not done is nothing short of Corruption.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by femicyrus(m): 7:25am On Aug 19, 2022
Kingxchange44:
My opinion: It's not greedy because if agreements were reached without issues ASUU won't go on strike, How can federal government allow them to be on strike for so long. I will all the blame on FG.

Secondly: ASUU won't call off this strike till a full agreement is made because if they do without getting their 6 months salary not a full agreement then they will be taken for granted as well as losing out....

Meanwhile Nigerian Students will massively vote for PETER OBI
When is obi traveling to south Africa to go and learn how to end ASUU strike?

4 Likes

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Minjim: 7:25am On Aug 19, 2022
dettolgel:

ASUU works for FG and FG owns the school. It is like you suing your secondary school teacher for being on strike. The person the students have contractual obligations with is infact FG not ASUU it is up to FG to sue its employees for not providing services FG clients (students) paid for.

I might be wrong but those knowledgeable enough on this matter should throw more light on it.

The right body to use is the FG but if the FG paid ASUU that six months, ASUU should explain why this didn't work for the 6 months paid .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Timekeeper452: 7:25am On Aug 19, 2022
DSoj:
ASUU is a problem. They have been doing this since I was a kid, now I'm old, they still do the same and they wont stop unless something is done to break their wings
yes, blame ASUU, the organization working, and not the federal government refusing to pay them. Clown.

1 Like

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Eleyigidgan: 7:25am On Aug 19, 2022
Akwamkpuruamu:
FG os just plain mad and stupid
you're an illiterate with empty brain since you couldn't comprehend that post.
typical ipob slowpoke

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Water Supplied To Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital Hostel, Kano / Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University / ASUU Denies Reaching Agreement With FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.