Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,029 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Top 5 Male Artistes Of The Past 5 Years In Nigeria - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Top 5 Male Artistes Of The Past 5 Years In Nigeria (470 Views)

Nigerian Man Marries Kenyan Lady As He Abandons His Wife Of 16 Years In Lagos / Meet The Family Who Have Been Living With Water In Their Room For The Past 5 / Mother's Reaction On Seeing Her Son After 5 Years In Canada (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Male Artistes Of The Past 5 Years In Nigeria by Ayamatanga0: 9:37am On Aug 19, 2022
Take away the clout, hype, fans, net worth, paparazzi, social media flash, braggadocios and what you will and take a holistic look at these artistes strictly based on the quality of their musical works, taking into consideration things such as ; lyrical prowess, delivery, consistency, moral nuances, versatility, vocal dexterity and other things that constitute a good musical work.
Here are the top 5 male artistes of the past few years in Nigeria , from the top;

*Burna boy;

Putting aside his controversies for a moment, the self acclaimed "odogwu" and he's definitely living up to the name, though his recent album "Love Damini" was below par for his standards but he can definitely be forgiven for that considering he's set the bar so high, lyrics, word play, delivery are all top notch. He's one of the few Nigerian artists that can set a "theme for a musical album and stick to it as opposed to just jumbling up various tracks together all in the name of releasing an album "Naira Marley please take note".
I could go on and on about his dexterity and versatility but let's just stop here.

*Kizz Daniel;
Vado himself, from the days of "woju" to "laye" to "mama" and various hits, I won't even mention "buga" , Daniel has been dishing out top hits back to back, delivery, lyrics and dexterity all top notch and consistent.
He might not have had the best PR, but there's obviously no denying his musical genius, now all he needs is that "international appeal" and he's gonna be more recognized than he is now. I don't even wanna talk about his past albums....

*Davido;
Father DMW himself, I'll be blunt here, despite his relatively "modest" talents compared to others on this list, David has really improved his game and he has become so consistent with his top notch delivery you start to wonder how! "Damiduro" and "ekuro" now sound like throwbacks from an average artist who isn't Davido.
Despite the numerous "song buying" controversies which trailed him in the past, he's really become a more rounded artist, there's no denying the quality of his musical works.
There are other things I'd have written but I'd just like to make it a short read.

*Fireboy ;
The "jealous" crooner has come a long way from being a rookie brought to limelight by Olamide
He might not be really popular in the "street" music category but there's no denying the obvious quality of his musical content; from his lyrics, to sometimes emotional delivery to his versatility; amazingly consistent.
All of his albums have resonated with the "intellectual" populace and that's no easy feat, he's been smart enough to not get overboard with features and atimes you may criticize him for being monotonous, but there's simply no denying his artistic quality.

*Adekunle Gold;

"Simi's" husband, some may criticize him for being sort of "out of touch" or not really being in the discussion, but take a moment, go back to his "pick up" days, "ire" "my life" etc and continue to "high", "something different" etc, he's really come a long way and I applaud him for his versatility, he changed his personae from the cool headed "almost church like" dude into this "ragga hipster" we see currently, listening to his first and last albums is almost like taking a trip in time, you might wonder if it's the same artist that actually made both body of works.
His lyrical power, story telling, versatility and all round musical quality and consistency are no mean feat, and he's proven over the past few years he's come to stay.

Notable absentees:

Wizkid ;
I know Wizkid FC fans would come for my head, but if they could be open minded for just a minute I'm sure they'd understand me, albeit "big" Wizkid is , most of the time his lyrics range from down right trashy to extremely ridiculous and "WTF!!!"..
A Grammy award winning artist no doubt, but looking at it 80% of the time all he mumbles to beats is "she tell me say, she talk say, whine am for me too, & a few incomprehensible wordings. He really needs to get a song writer.

Olamide;
Over the decade few artists have remained as consistent as he has and he should earn a spot on my list, but take away the "snazzy beats" and sometimes "awkward" lyrics, coupled with the fact that the"moral" quality of his works have been called into question a few times, hence the reason I decided against putting him up top, but there's no denying baddo as he's fondly called is one of the best in the country.

Nairamarley;
I don't think I really need to say much about the "marlian president".
Certified hit maker no doubt, but before you come at me kindly listen to his album first then we'll talk.

Portable; grin
And a few other notable absentees

Cc Royalroy,nex,ijebabe, lalasticlala
Re: Top 5 Male Artistes Of The Past 5 Years In Nigeria by BMathew: 2:05pm On Aug 19, 2022
Kudos...
Re: Top 5 Male Artistes Of The Past 5 Years In Nigeria by Ayamatanga0: 2:11pm On Jan 09, 2023
Boss oktane, good day
I was reading through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/7515302/ever-gotten-job-through-cv/2#119865659 , and I found your post asking someone to mention you on a dead thread that you could be of help in terms of getting a job
Please help I need a job, I'm based in Lagos and would appreciate it
I'm also available to answer any questions
Re: Top 5 Male Artistes Of The Past 5 Years In Nigeria by Oktane: 7:29pm On Jan 09, 2023
Ayamatanga0:
Boss oktane, good day
I was reading through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/7515302/ever-gotten-job-through-cv/2#119865659 , and I found your post asking someone to mention you on a dead thread that you could be of help in terms of getting a job
Please help I need a job, I'm based in Lagos and would appreciate it
I'm also available to answer any questions

Urbane Placement is recruiting for some companies.

Send them your CV. Kindly indicate that I asked you to apply for any available position.
Re: Top 5 Male Artistes Of The Past 5 Years In Nigeria by Ayamatanga0: 10:14pm On Jan 09, 2023
Oktane:

Urbane Placement is recruiting for some companies.

Send them your CV. Kindly indicate that I asked you to apply for any available position.
Thanks for the prompt reply boss, kindly give me a link to the company website or email address so I can send them my CV, as a Google search didn't turn up any proper results.
Thanks once again
Re: Top 5 Male Artistes Of The Past 5 Years In Nigeria by Mryacks: 11:15pm On Jan 09, 2023
I think Naira Marley had a decent run and popularity...he should replace davido
Re: Top 5 Male Artistes Of The Past 5 Years In Nigeria by Oktane: 8:59am On Jan 10, 2023
Ayamatanga0:

Thanks for the prompt reply boss, kindly give me a link to the company website or email address so I can send them my CV, as a Google search didn't turn up any proper results.
Thanks once again

This is a recruitment firm. You can reach them via urbanesearch@gmail.com.

You will be responded to within 24 hours.

I hope they have what suits you.

(1) (Reply)

My Husband Has Completely Turn Me Into A Sex Object-woman Tells Court / Suicidal Thoughts / Meet The Police Recruit Who Returns Home From Nine-month Training To See His New

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.