Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

State of the Highway and Road Travel - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / State of the Highway and Road Travel (3722 Views)

Funny Number Plate Seen On A Highway In Afghanistan (Photo) / My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway / How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by kingreign(m): 4:32pm On Aug 20, 2022
Tinubu:

20w50 oil is hardly recommended by any car manufacturer, but people use it.. and their vehicles aren't dead yet

A large percentage of some Honda and Toyota parts in Nigeria aren't OEM.. but people use them..People have been improvising in vehicles since time immemorial..

Refilled shocks are safe as far as I can tell.. As long as they are refilled in pairs.. I have been in the practice of refilling my shocks for years.. And I am yet to encounter any driveability issues.
If you do unsafe things, do not coerce others into such unsafe lifestyle practices as you.
Nuff said!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by udemzyudex(m): 6:01pm On Aug 20, 2022
DaddyFreeze2020:
That is not a long journey Mr. Man.
Its the daily route of all transporters and most people coming to Abuja from Lagos and vice vera.
If you want to post a long journey, talk of Maiduguri to Lagos.

Is it a two hours journey?
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Kasdat5(m): 6:11pm On Aug 20, 2022
Your routes are on point , make sure you tag along with other users when you get to Kabba Junction . Obajana route is quite scary , 100 /120km/hr is perfect

Be safe sir
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by thiefnubu(m): 6:18pm On Aug 20, 2022
kingreign:

If you do unsafe things, do not coerce others into such unsafe lifestyle practices as you.
Nuff said!

Kindly educate us on the "unsafe" practice of refilling shocks Sir..

With verifiable statistics of people who vehicles with refilled shocks have killed, or stranded...

Or just allow op and the rest of us refill our shocks in peace.

1 Like

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by kingreign(m): 6:49pm On Aug 20, 2022
Tinubu:

Kindly educate us on the "unsafe" practice of refilling shocks Sir..

With verifiable statistics of people who vehicles with refilled shocks have killed, or stranded...

Or just allow op and the rest of us refill our shocks in peace.
K

1 Like 1 Share

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by symbianDON(m): 6:50pm On Aug 20, 2022
Sammy101111:

And please don't enter port hole with speed
That car no like stress or hard labour it can pull out the legs

Honda discussion continue
not discussion continue....maybe end of discussion
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 7:19pm On Aug 20, 2022
Kasdat5:
Your routes are on point , make sure you tag along with other users when you get to Kabba Junction . Obajana route is quite scary , 100 /120km/hr is perfect

Be safe sir

What do you mean by obajana road being scary?

Thank you for your response.

It is appreciated.
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 7:21pm On Aug 20, 2022
osundu:
Very safe but ensure u get to Kabba junction early cos of those trailers. Avoid obajana road if u can.

Why should I avoid obajana road?

It is part of.y route.

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Kasdat5(m): 7:35pm On Aug 20, 2022
Originakalokalo:

What do you mean by obajana road being scary?

It is appreciated.

Security reasons , but its better now as more check points were installed the last time I passed ..

1 Like

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 7:58pm On Aug 20, 2022
Kasdat5:

Security reasons , but its better now as more check points were installed the last time I passed ..

Okay.

Thank you.
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 9:53pm On Aug 20, 2022
osundu:
Very safe but ensure u get to Kabba junction early cos of those trailers. Avoid obajana road if u can.

Any idea of Abuja to lokoja road?
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Amadaz(m): 10:54pm On Aug 20, 2022
robinso01:
Sha plan ransom money aside. Wish you safe trip though.
grin grin grin
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by speedfreak(m): 9:39am On Aug 21, 2022
Good morning Op,
I drove from Lagos to Abuja on Friday and the Jos the next day. A few pointers though,
1. Leave early, 5am if possible, there’s some construction at Obajana so the re route would take you an hour or two if it rains.
2. Omuo roads are terrible so give and take another hour added to ETA.
3. Have your wipers, headlights and defogger checked, it’s pretty difficult to drive late while it’s raining if any of these aren’t working properly.
4. Enjoy the trip, your first leg(Abuja to lokoja) is very good, make up for the time you’d lose on that road, Godspeed brother, please keep us updated.

2 Likes

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by kingreign(m): 11:35am On Aug 21, 2022
speedfreak:
Good morning Op,
I drove from Lagos to Abuja on Friday and the Jos the next day. A few pointers though,
1. Leave early, 5am if possible, there’s some construction at Obajana so the re route would take you an hour or two if it rains.
3. Have your wipers, headlights and defogger checked, it’s pretty difficult to drive late while it’s raining if any of these aren’t working properly.
4. Enjoy the trip, your first leg(Abuja to lokoja) is very good, make up for the time you’d lose on that road, Godspeed brother, please keep us updated.

Baba, how much data you waste ontop that map you dey show for that screen? grin

1 Like

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Peterlove11: 11:41am On Aug 21, 2022
kingreign:

Baba, how much data you waste ontop that map you dey show for that screen? grin

It doesn't consume much data(this is terrain mode).....satellite view gulp more data

4 Likes

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 2:42pm On Aug 21, 2022
speedfreak:
Good morning Op,

This is really helpful.

God bless you.

is the terrible stretch of Omuo road that long?

How many kilometers can you estimate it to be?

Thank you.
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 2:45pm On Aug 21, 2022
Peterlove11:

It doesn't consume much data(this is terrain mode).....satellite view gulp more data

I don't know jack about what you and kingreign are talking about.

What's the difference between that map and the Google map?

What's the advantage.of using it?

Can you or Kingreign explain please?

God bless.

@ kingreign?

?
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 2:46pm On Aug 21, 2022
I intend to leave Abuja by 5:00 am.

Is this too early? considering the security situations in the country?

Anyone? Please?
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by kingreign(m): 3:29pm On Aug 21, 2022
Originakalokalo:

Anyone? Please?

Depends on your location in Abuja.
If you’re in city centre, Galadinmawa, Lokogoma, Lugbe, Kubwa, Bwari, Mpape, Apo, it’s a good timing. By 6:00am, you’d have gone past Gwagwalada.

2 Likes

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Kasdat5(m): 3:43pm On Aug 21, 2022
Originakalokalo:

Anyone? Please?

5a.m is good , you should be calculating 8a.m in Lokoja for refuel , then Kabba Junction , becarful of those long speed bumbs on the road please , omuo road would give you the greatest treat as it's spoiled , worse than Ngr economy .
Check wiper blade
Break pad
Check head lights too
Am sure your tyres are perfect

Baba ud be fine , as I already see you in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 4:06pm On Aug 21, 2022
Kasdat5:

5a.m is good , you should be calculating 8a.m in Lokoja for refuel , then Kabba Junction , becarful of those long speed bumbs on the road please , omuo road would give you the greatest treat as it's spoiled , worse than Ngr economy .
Check wiper blade
Break pad
Check head lights too
Am sure your tyres are perfect

Baba ud be fine , as I already see you in Lagos

Thank you.

This is appreciated.

However, 8:00am ke?

Haba chairman. Lokoja from zuba should be 2 hours max.
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 4:07pm On Aug 21, 2022
kingreign:

Depends on your location in Abuja.
If you’re in city centre, Galadinmawa, Lokogoma, Lugbe, Kubwa, Bwari, Mpape, Apo, it’s a good timing. By 6:00am, you’d have gone past Gwagwalada.

Thanks chairman.

Your response is well appreciated.

1 Like

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Kasdat5(m): 5:15pm On Aug 21, 2022
[quote author=Originakalokalo post

. Check point @ Abaji , Naval check point a before MM bridge , Naval check @ Banda , refueling @ AYM Shafa , Matrix or NNPC mega station , speed bumps opp COE lokoja , bad portions along lokoja okene route , other road factor . Except you intend to go James bond oto get to Kabba Junction
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by kingreign(m): 5:57pm On Aug 21, 2022
Originakalokalo:

Thank you.

This is appreciated.

However, 8:00am ke?

Haba chairman. Lokoja from zuba should be 2 hours max.

You should be more concerned about getting to your destination with less damages to your vehicle than trying to beat such little time gap between Abuja and Lokoja. Don’t you think so?!!

My 1 kobo.

1 Like

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 6:34pm On Aug 21, 2022
kingreign:

You should be more concerned about getting to your destination with less damages to your vehicle than trying to beat such little time gap between Abuja and Lokoja. Don’t you think so?!!

My 1 kobo.

Okay.

I get your point.

From Zuba to lokoja is approx 180km.

With average speed of 90km/hr one will cover this distance in 2 hours.
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by kingreign(m): 7:06pm On Aug 21, 2022
Originakalokalo:

Okay.

I get your point.

From Zuba to lokoja is approx 180km.

With average speed of 90km/hr one will cover this distance in 2 hours.

Your average speeds will be more like 45-90km/h if you do drive from Abuja to Lokoja. You have potholes and bad road sections to contend with, police and military checkpoints, light traffic too. Average speeds is the amount of speed your vehicle is moving at for most of the time during a journey. It’s different from instantaneous or current speeds.
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Kasdat5(m): 7:44pm On Aug 21, 2022
kingreign:

Your average speeds will be more like 45-90km/h if you do drive from Abuja to Lokoja. You have potholes and bad road sections to contend with, police and military checkpoints, light traffic too. Average speeds is the amount of speed your vehicle is moving at for most of the time during a journey. It’s different from instantaneous or current speeds.

Boss , you go drink chilled Heineken

1 Like

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 7:44pm On Aug 21, 2022
kingreign:

Yes.

I know this.

I intend to stay on 100km/hr most of the time.
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 7:10pm On Aug 22, 2022
Anyone with security tips on the way?

Kindly share please.

Thank you.
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Kasdat5(m): 10:30pm On Aug 22, 2022
Originakalokalo:

Anyone with security tips on the way?

Kindly share please.

Thank you.

Chief , you'd be fine , my friend Left for Lagos today from Kaduna . He called around past 5 that he was leaving home & was already @ Ojota by 6 . But he took Okene route .
I'll be going to Lag too on Wednesday ..

2 Likes

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 10:38pm On Aug 22, 2022
Kasdat5:

Chief , you'd be fine , my friend Left for Lagos today from Kaduna . He called around past 5 that he was leaving home & was already @ Ojota by 6 . But he took Okene route .

Thanks for the encouragement.
It helps a great deal.

God bless you.
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 10:41pm On Aug 22, 2022
Kasdat5:

Kindly give some updates as you go.

Safte Trip.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Untapped Business Of Car Parking Lots In Lagos / My Car Is Rough Idling / 2003 Acura MDX Slipping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.