Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,587 members, 7,823,550 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

State of the Highway and Road Travel - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / State of the Highway and Road Travel (3800 Views)

Funny Number Plate Seen On A Highway In Afghanistan (Photo) / My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway / How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by bluedefender: 10:26am On Aug 24, 2022
I pray for a Nigeria that it’s citizens can confidently plan for a long road trip to any part of the country without asking about the security atmosphere of the paths they are going to ply through.

2 Likes

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 12:15pm On Aug 24, 2022
bluedefender:
I pray for a Nigeria that it’s citizens can confidently plan for a long road trip to any part of the country without asking about the security atmosphere of the paths they are going to ply through.

Amen.

This is the main prayer.
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by FEGEITOK: 9:09pm On Sep 05, 2022
speedfreak:
Good morning Op,
I drove from Lagos to Abuja on Friday and the Jos the next day. A few pointers though,
1. Leave early, 5am if possible, there’s some construction at Obajana so the re route would take you an hour or two if it rains.
2. Omuo roads are terrible so give and take another hour added to ETA.
3. Have your wipers, headlights and defogger checked, it’s pretty difficult to drive late while it’s raining if any of these aren’t working properly.
4. Enjoy the trip, your first leg(Abuja to lokoja) is very good, make up for the time you’d lose on that road, Godspeed brother, please keep us updated.

Please recommend route for me as I intend embarking on the same trip ASAP

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by aieromon(m): 9:24pm On Sep 05, 2022
Originakalokalo:

Amen.
This is the main prayer.

Any update?
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 9:26pm On Sep 05, 2022
aieromon:

Any update?

Non yet.

On the way...
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by FEGEITOK: 9:32pm On Sep 05, 2022
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by speedfreak(m): 3:55am On Sep 06, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Please recommend route for me as I intend embarking on the same trip ASAP
Hello, good day. I believe the fastest safest route for now would be Abuja-abaji-lokoja-obajana-kabba-omuo-ado ekiti-Ibadan- lagos. Try breaking the trips on your map as it wouldn’t suggest this as an option,ie Abuja to lokoja, lokoja to Ado ekiti,just like that. Safe travels
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by FEGEITOK: 5:06am On Sep 06, 2022
speedfreak:

Hello, good day. I believe the fastest safest route for now would be Abuja-abaji-lokoja-obajana-kabba-omuo-ado ekiti-Ibadan- lagos. Try breaking the trips on your map as it wouldn’t suggest this as an option,ie Abuja to lokoja, lokoja to Ado ekiti,just like that. Safe travels

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I am coming from the other end of the spectrum.

That should mean:

Lagos - Ibadan - Ado Ekiti - Omuo Ekiti - Kabba - Obajana - Lokoja - Abaji - Abuja

What are your thoughts on using Shagamu/Ore instead of Ibadan?
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Kasdat5(m): 6:23am On Sep 06, 2022
FEGEITOK:

That should mean:

Lagos - Ibadan - Ado Ekiti - Omuo Ekiti - Kabba - Obajana - Lokoja - Abaji - Abuja

What are your thoughts on using Shagamu/Ore instead of Ibadan?

If you are in Lekki / Ajah axis , Esp Ajah , that route will be good for you , but then , Lagos Ibadan road is wonderful...
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by FEGEITOK: 6:39am On Sep 06, 2022
Kasdat5:

If you are in Lekki / Ajah axis , Esp Ajah , that route will be good for you , but then , Lagos Ibadan road is wonderful...

Why is it wonderful?

Thanks, I am coming from Ikeja
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Kasdat5(m): 7:23am On Sep 06, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Why is it wonderful?

Thanks, I am coming from Ikeja

Road is smooth , in less than 2hours , you should be @ Iwo road
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by speedfreak(m): 6:06pm On Sep 08, 2022
FEGEITOK:

That should mean:

What are your thoughts on using Shagamu/Ore
instead of Ibadan?
Honestly, I wouldn’t know as I’ve not gone through there before but I’d expect traffic at shagamu
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 5:41am On Sep 22, 2022
The day for the trip draws near. Kindly help with recent updates.

Thank you.
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by mejai(m): 5:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
U never travel?

1 Like

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by vivalavida(m): 9:23am On Oct 27, 2022
mejai:
U never travel?

E reach to ask.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mobil 1 5w30 And 0w20 Is Now Available.... / Ugliest Car On Earth. / Lexus RX 350 - Please I Need To Be Enlightened On Buying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.