Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,976 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Understanding A Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Understanding A Man (816 Views)

Understanding A High Value Woman / Understanding A Man's Need For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding A Man by kemmy196(m): 11:19pm On Aug 20, 2022
A man wants to be happy and be 100% sure about where he stands in life and in his woman's life before he marries her.

Don't disturb a man with marriage talks. He knows what he is doing. If he's not talking to you about marriage, it's because he doesn't want to get married to you for a number of factors, which he might not be willing to tell you, or which he might have discussed with you countless times but you have refused to change or adjust to fit into his picture of a wife.

Women always think it's all about sex for men. But it is not. No man wants to feel pressured into doing things he is not prepared to do. Forget the rubbish they feed you with on social media. 90 percent of men will not marry you if you're not submissive and respectful to them. How you relate with his friends and family matters. How you talk to him and manage your anger matters. The level of your jealousy can put him off. I hear some people say they can't marry men whose mothers are still alive. Maybe you will be lucky to find a simp who will settle for you. But real men like us will avoid you like the plague.

Unless you're the one that will marry your husband, submission is a must for the African man. Unless of course you want to remain single and keep whining like the bitter and unhappy women who call themselves feminists. I think we have been pretending about these things for too long.

Credit: Kenneth Arinzechukwu Okonkwo
Re: Understanding A Man by Ebonygeek(f): 6:58am On Aug 21, 2022
You people are always preaching the importance of submitting, respecting, and practically worshiping men as a Nigerian woman.

But when it's time for a man to treat a woman in the same way, y'all start yelling simp. Why should women give respect when y'all can't return the favour?

3 Likes

Re: Understanding A Man by Groovedaddy: 7:01am On Aug 21, 2022
Ebonygeek:
You people are always preaching the importance of submitting, respecting, and practically worshiping men as a Nigerian woman.

But when it's time for a man to treat a woman in the same way, y'all start yelling simp. Why should women give respect when y'all can't return the favour?

Only a witch of a woman would desire a man that will submit to her. She is not a normal woman
Re: Understanding A Man by Ebonygeek(f): 7:07am On Aug 21, 2022
Groovedaddy:

Only a witch of a woman would desire a man that will submit to her. She is not a normal woman

Submission doesn't necessarily mean a master- slave scenario or forfeiting all your authority. It's about making sacrifices and compromises, and doing what it takes to make your marriage work.

4 Likes

Re: Understanding A Man by Groovedaddy: 7:27am On Aug 21, 2022
Ebonygeek:

Submission doesn't necessarily mean a master- slave scenario or forfeiting all your authority. It's about making sacrifices and compromises, and doing what it takes to make your marriage work.

Fortunately I have never dated a woman like that but I often read and hear about them.

While such relationship may work for some men, it doesn't work for others even if it means forfeiting some of your authority like you said.

The most important thing is to understand your spouse to ensure there is stability in the home. Indeed the man has a duty to ensure she is protected and care for. A self centered and selfish man (and there are many among us) isn't worth the name and I don't think any woman should have to put up with them for reason of shortage of marriageable men
Re: Understanding A Man by Magnoliaa(f): 7:57am On Aug 21, 2022
Groovedaddy:

I am guessing you are basing this your opinion on the Bible? So when Paul we should submit one to another, you're basically saying Paul is calling the children of God "witches?" I can also recall Jesus Christ, if my brain did not fail me, telling his disciples that whoever wants to be the first should become last, and anyone hustling for the first position, you know, o fe fi gongon fa oun ti owo o de, he shall be demoted and disgraced faster before you could say Jack Robinson.

If you want to lead, serve.

The above might be an English statement, and if you are just some ordinary person you will think exactly in the order of that statement, but in the spiritual language and in application, the latter will come before the first. A number of people seem to miss that that whole puffing 5-word phrase is hinged on a single-word independent clause - serve. Stop seeking for people to serve you, stop looking for who ti Lord over or who will make you the be all in their lives...

How much of Jesus Christ's preaching and teachings centered on this whole marriage, submission and sexual cohabitation lifestyle?? How much of it did it talk about for this particular part of marriage to be the only one so blown out of proportion and hammered on most of the time?

2 Likes

Re: Understanding A Man by Magnoliaa(f): 8:01am On Aug 21, 2022
Groovedaddy:
While such relationship may work for some men, ...

The most important thing is to understand your spouse to ensure there is stability in the home.

How can you say these two most important facts, and yet still turn around to claim women who won't submit are witches or whatever??

I find it very absurd that in a bid to asert your own masculinity, you are trying to undermine another man's and how he chooses to do his own thing. Is it threatening to you? If you get that there are different strokes for different folks, why then are you still going ahead to prescribe a standard for people to follow?

1 Like

Re: Understanding A Man by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 21, 2022
Groovedaddy:

There is a thread yesterday where your fellow men said they can only submit to white women cheesy

The guys there were literally drooling spiittle about at the mention of white women cheesy

So going by your comment, does it mean white women are witches and not normal because Nigerian men desire to submit to them?

3 Likes

Re: Understanding A Man by placeofallure(f): 8:25am On Aug 21, 2022
Groovedaddy:

Why will you see road and choose to enter bush? Bros you can read na. She never said submit to women. She said you should respect women too. Respect is reciprocal Ogbeni!

I am not a feminist. I don't want any man to submit to me. A man is the head of the family. He deserves submission and respect as the leader. Now, he should not deny me my respect too. We owe each other that. A man doesn't get lesser when he respects his wife rather, it shows strength of character.

1 Like

Re: Understanding A Man by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 21, 2022
Groovedaddy:

While such relationship may work for some men,
The most important thing is to understand your spouse to ensure there is stability in the home.

Toh this comment has cancelled your first one oga, submission doesn't matter as long as there is stability in the home abi? Noted.

3 Likes

Re: Understanding A Man by Groovedaddy: 10:11am On Aug 21, 2022
Jovialjune1:

Toh this comment has cancelled your first one oga, submission doesn't matter as long as there is stability in the home abi? Noted.

Ok. You can turn your home into a small volcano because he wouldn't submit to you.

I mean what I say and I say what I mean. How you chose to interpret it is a matter of choice
Re: Understanding A Man by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 21, 2022
Groovedaddy:

Ok. You can turn your home into a small volcano because he wouldn't submit to you.

I mean what I say and I say what I mean. How you chose to interpret it is a matter of choice

Lol ok.
Re: Understanding A Man by Groovedaddy: 10:27am On Aug 21, 2022
placeofallure:

Why will you see road and choose to enter bush? Bros you can read na. She never said submit to women. She said you should respect women too. Respect is reciprocal Ogbeni!

I am not a feminist. I don't want any man to submit to me. A man is the head of the family. He deserves submission and respect as the leader. Now, he should not deny me my respect too. We owe each other that. A man doesn't get lesser when he respects his wife rather, it shows strength of character.

True. He has a duty to respect you but you have to submit to his Authority because a ship cannot have two captains
Re: Understanding A Man by Groovedaddy: 10:31am On Aug 21, 2022
Jovialjune1:

There is a thread yesterday where your fellow men said they can only submit to white women cheesy

The guys there were literally drooling spiittle about at the mention of white women cheesy

So going by your comment, does it mean white women are witches and not normal because Nigerian men desire to submit to them?

You have to draw a line between a man looking for a wife and a man looking for a husband. The ones you refered to are men looking for husband to submit to.
Re: Understanding A Man by Groovedaddy: 10:37am On Aug 21, 2022
Magnoliaa:

I am guessing you are basing this your opinion on the Bible? So when Paul we should submit one to another, you're basically saying Paul is calling the children of God "witches?" I can also recall Jesus Christ, if my brain did not fail me, telling his disciples that whoever wants to be the first should become last, and anyone hustling for the first position, you know, o fe fi gongon fa oun ti owo o de, he shall be demoted and disgraced faster before you could say Jack Robinson.

If you want to lead, serve.

The above might be an English statement, and if you are just some ordinary person you will think exactly in the order of that statement, but in the spiritual language and in application, the latter will come before the first. A number of people seem to miss that that whole puffing 5-word phrase is hinged on a single-word independent clause - serve. Stop seeking for people to serve you, stop looking for who ti Lord over or who will make you the be all in their lives...

How much of Jesus Christ's preaching and teachings centered on this whole marriage, submission and sexual cohabitation lifestyle?? How much of it did it talk about for this particular part of marriage to be the only one so blown out of proportion and hammered on most of the time?

The unfortunate thing is that the Bible was written or interpreted at time that the English language was still undergoing evolution where one one like submit can mean different things like true submission, respect etc. This has resulted in many varied translations of the scripture. In the circumstances none discerning people are being easily misled.

If you asking the husband to submit to the wife, you are assuming without doubt that the wife is the head of the family and there is no where at anytime in Christiandom that this has accepted. Therefore any argument arising from this deduction is a fallacy and an attempt to ridicule the religion of Christianity
Re: Understanding A Man by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 21, 2022
Groovedaddy:

You have to draw a line between a man looking for a wife and a man looking for a husband. The ones you refered to are men looking for husband to submit to.

Lol so there are men that look for husband material in a woman, refreshing and interesting

So therefore, submission doesn't only apply to women then, good to know.
Re: Understanding A Man by Groovedaddy: 10:39am On Aug 21, 2022
Jovialjune1:

Lol ok.

Sorry if that sounds a bit rude
Re: Understanding A Man by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 21, 2022
Groovedaddy:

Sorry if that sounds a bit rude

All good.
Re: Understanding A Man by Groovedaddy: 10:43am On Aug 21, 2022
Jovialjune1:

Lol so there are men that look for husband material in a woman, refreshing and interesting

So therefore, submission doesn't only apply to women then, good to know.

These men are not looking for husband material in a woman it's about economic survival. They want women that will provide for them so they can submit in return

In other words they are prepared to be the woman in the marriage or relationship
Re: Understanding A Man by Magnoliaa(f): 10:50am On Aug 21, 2022
@Groovedaddy, how easily convenient it is for you to ignore all the points I raised.

Sure thang. Meaning of words in the Bible has been lost in translation, but somehow you insinuated that you know which words means what in some sense.

OK.

Do have a blessed Sunday.

2 Likes

Re: Understanding A Man by Groovedaddy: 10:52am On Aug 21, 2022
Magnoliaa:
@Groovedaddy, how easily convenient it is for you to ignore all the points I raised.

Sure thang. Meaning of words in the Bible has been lost in translation, but somehow you insinuated that you know which words means what in some sense.

OK.

Do have a blessed Sunday.

Deductions drawn on a wrong or false premise cannot be right
Re: Understanding A Man by placeofallure(f): 11:45am On Aug 21, 2022
Groovedaddy:

True. He has a duty to respect you but you have to submit to his Authority because a ship cannot have two captains

I just said that. I submit, he respects.
Re: Understanding A Man by Savedday: 11:53am On Aug 21, 2022
The only thing a 9ja girl understand is, bring money make I open my hoe for u.

They don't love and dey will never love u.

They are nothing but useless. All of them...

Know this and know peace
Re: Understanding A Man by STOICREALIST: 1:18pm On Aug 21, 2022
It is the duty of all women to

1. Know what Men Want in a Woman and what women should also strive to be for men. (Faithful, submissive, feminine, supportive, home maker and keeper, etc)

2. Choose wisely the man that knows what a woman should bring and highly values that. And

3. Choose wisely a man that knows what a man should also bring and values that as well (Protect, provide, lead, set perfect example, etc)

Most of these ladies will die lonely with the nonsense they are teaching them and feeding them through social media about “independent women” and “feminism”. Feminism that they practice only when it is safe and convenient.

And please do not tell me how men slept with you and dumped you. You chose the man. He tricked you?! Right but you chose the man. He deceived you ?! Right but you chose the man. Most times overlooking the red flags. Enjoying the thrills and outings and gifts.

Women need special classes and should be taught how to choose men wisely or how not to have sex with men until they are married. The more men that sleep with you, the more you loose your self dignity as a woman.

1 Like

Re: Understanding A Man by Kobojunkie: 1:31pm On Aug 21, 2022
Ebonygeek:
Submission, even in today's world denotes a master-slave situation. It has not to do with making sacrifices and compromises but living with one's ideas and opinions almost always subject to the will of another. We all make sacrifices in our own lives and we all make compromises regularly but we don't all submit to the whims of others in doing that. Submission, particularly in relationship, involves living according to the will and desire of the one who is master over one's life. undecided

Let's stop with these meaningless attempts at muddling these things up in our foolish endeavour to accept that which no longer should be allowed. undecided

1 Like

Re: Understanding A Man by Ebonygeek(f): 2:59pm On Aug 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Submission, even in today's world denotes a master-slave situation. It has not to do with making sacrifices and compromises but living with one's ideas and opinions always been second level to another's. We all make sacrifices in our own lives and we all make compromises regularly but we don't all submit to the whims of others in doing that. Submission, particularly in relationship, involves living according to the will and desire of the one who is master over one. undecided

Let's stop with these meaningless attempts at muddling these things up in our foolish attempts to accept that which no longer should be acceptable. . undecided
Damn cheesy

(1) (Reply)

The Ooni Of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi, Has Married A New Wife, Mariam. (video /pi / I Can Never Date A Mummy's Boy. / Men Are The Problems Of Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.