Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,679 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) (50449 Views)

Anthony Joshua Set To Pocket $85million From His Rematch With Andy Ruiz Jnr / Ben Bruce's Message To Anthony Joshua As He Prepares For Rematch With Andy Ruiz / Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by jaybenugo: 9:31am On Aug 21, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoX6ouwH6EM

Usyk vs AJ: Anthony Joshua breaks down in tears after Oleksandr Usyk loss: 'I’m upset deep down in my heart'

"It'll never break me. But it comes at a cost." Anthony Joshua grapples with his emotions after losing to Oleksandr Usyk in sensational heavyweight title fight

Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing his decisive rematch with Oleksandr Usyk.

After failing in his attempt to win back the unified WBO, WBA and IBF heavyweight titles from his nemesis Usyk, he was visibly enraged in the ring after the contest.

Speaking in the early hours at the post-fight press conference, the former champion was still overcome with emotion.

Attempting to explain how he felt, he faltered as he choked back tears, holding his head in his hands.

Anthony Joshua lost his temper after losing his rematch to Oleksandr Usyk and reacted angrily by throwing two belts and arguing with his team.

"I don't feel anything," he said at first, as he tried to come to terms with the effect of the loss, before he had to admit, "I'm upset deep down in my heart."

In the immediate aftermath of the fight, he had flung two championship belts from the ring, marched momentarily out of the arena before returning to grab the microphone, not initially giving Usyk, the champion, the chance to speak.

See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVeH25wZYSg

He explained that behaviour, saying, "I was mad at myself. Not at anyone, just at myself. So I thought I've got to get out of here because I'm mad. Like anyone when you're angry, you might do stupid things.

"Then I realised, this is sport. Let me do the right thing.

"Then I just spoke from my heart," he continued. "It's been so tough. You see AJ holding it together and I'm a hustler so I try and hold things together and I try and work hard, put things together, make sure my team's good. But it comes at a cost, a big cost. It'll never break me, but it takes real strength for it not to break you.

Promoter Eddie Hearn said that Oleksandr Usyk's performance was incredible and that Anthony Joshua wasn't good enough on the night despite giving it everything.
"There's a little crack in that armour. Because I took a loss and I think you just saw me upset.

"I'm a fighter," he added, "I'm not a normal person, even though I try to hold it together.

"I was just in war mode."

https://www.skysports.com/amp/boxing/news/12040/12678205/usyk-vs-aj-anthony-joshua-breaks-down-in-tears-after-oleksandr-usyk-loss-im-upset-deep-down-in-my-heart

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 21, 2022
When you win, you don't examine it very much, except to congratulate yourself. You easily, and wrongly, assume it has something to do with your rare qualities as a person. But winning only measures how hard you've worked and how physically talented you are; it doesn't particularly define you beyond those characteristics.

Losing on the other hand, really does say something about who you are. Among other things it measures are: do you blame others, or do you own the loss? Do you analyze your failure, or just complain about bad luck?

If you're willing to examine failure, and to look not just at your outward physical performance, but your internal workings, too, losing can be valuable. How you behave in those moments can perhaps be more self-defining than winning could ever be. Sometimes losing shows you for who you really are.

206 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by Solofresh2: 9:33am On Aug 21, 2022
Life Is not a bed of rose
Cheer up man!

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 21, 2022
The end of an Era.... congrats champ, you, like Mike Tyson and Mohammed Ali are amongst the success stories in our lifetime histories..

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by doggedfighter(f): 9:41am On Aug 21, 2022
Men do cry.

And when they do women are the experts in handling them. grin

He needs cuddling, hugs , kisses, neck and shoulder rubs and lots of TLC now.

AJ will be fine.

24 Likes

Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by jaybenugo: 9:57am On Aug 21, 2022
Anthony Joshua goes rogue after defeat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVeH25wZYSg

1 Like

Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:00am On Aug 21, 2022
Sorry for your loss bro

12 Likes

Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 21, 2022
Sorry

1 Like

Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by Wawelexy(m): 10:12am On Aug 21, 2022
Why you sef go prostrate for bubu

126 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by VeryWickedMan: 10:13am On Aug 21, 2022
The after effects of wotowoto

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:18am On Aug 21, 2022
Afonja men. Always behaving like women even in public. Tufiakwa!

12 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by Great100000: 10:36am On Aug 21, 2022
You tried, you win some and you loose some.

Time to go back to the drawing board and come back stronger.

29 Likes

Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by MarveworldG: 11:00am On Aug 21, 2022
Painful

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by Rexymania(m): 12:39pm On Aug 21, 2022
I blame you for everything. Why did you give your glory to Buhari?

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by Minime10(f): 1:40pm On Aug 21, 2022
Na who send am make he go prostrate give buhari before Na since that time him begin to loose in all im fights grin

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by festacman(m): 1:51pm On Aug 21, 2022
Anthony Joshua's unpredictable rash reaction to losing to Oleksandar Usyk is good. Sometimes it is good to go 'gung-ho' when people are expecting 'good boy' behavior.

Look, professional fighters shouldn't be expected to always be meek at defeat after putting in so much hard work and sacrifice into preparing for the lost fight. Professional fighting is about adrenaline and ego.

The truth is that AJ has always been underrated by many as professional boxer. He came this far because of his resolve to be successful in life.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by fourboys: 1:56pm On Aug 21, 2022
embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by Freelane33(m): 3:48pm On Aug 21, 2022
Joe
embarassed
I don’t eat Joe
Joe my feet’s on the land embarassed embarassed
I can walk to an app..:
The gas price is high
Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by Oladipso(m): 3:48pm On Aug 21, 2022
Ok
Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by Ballzproblemm: 3:48pm On Aug 21, 2022
I'm am currently crying as my beloved Chelsea is losing,so Joshua I feel you, losing is is very painful ,but how you bouncee back from it is what matters

11 Likes

Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by paradiseVirgin: 3:49pm On Aug 21, 2022
DJ cuppy... please go and console Anthony Joshua cry

Give him your bosom to cry on.

After that let him release his tension by having carnal knowledge of your pvssy.

Show him affection so he might be ok and be back to himself cry

Make sure you don't let him use condom so that he might sow his seed in you. kiss

1 Like

Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 3:49pm On Aug 21, 2022
I hate spilt decision in sports angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by fasho01(m): 3:49pm On Aug 21, 2022
Poor guy
Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by arejibadz(m): 3:49pm On Aug 21, 2022
See waytin Buhari and apc don cause undecided

5 Likes

Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by swaggerjack: 3:49pm On Aug 21, 2022
AlfaSeltzer:

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by muzeze77: 3:49pm On Aug 21, 2022
AlfaSeltzer:
No other tribee has ever been heavy weight champion of the world , yes we afonja are one of the strongest in the world and we will produce another heavy weight champion

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) by spafu(m): 3:50pm On Aug 21, 2022
Sorry, it's the bad luck of Buhari that precipitates everywhere. I trust you can bounce back as we get prepared to boot the ill-luck party called the APC.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

People Call Me Balotelli, Do I Look Like Him? / Michael Jordan's 1984 Sneakers Sold For ₦615 Million (Pictures) / Barcelona Unveils Lewandowski in Miami - (Photos & Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.