Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,292 members, 7,815,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? (1927 Views)

What’s The Weirdest Date You've Been On? / Nigerian Men Reveal The Weirdest Things They Experienced During Sex / The Worst Past You Ever Heard From A Partner. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by Anoti1(m): 12:39pm On Aug 21, 2022
Over the years, I’ve heard a lot of unbelievable names like: Heineken, Dusty, Endurance, Government, Polycarp, Polynus, Linus, Secondus, Cletus, Fabulous etc.

The weirdest for me was Goddey. I mean, why on earth will you want to name your child in pidgin?

Over to you guys, what’s the weirdest name you’ve heard?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by JASONjnr(m): 12:41pm On Aug 21, 2022
In Nigeria, Delta and Edo people have the weirdest name so far.....

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by Jaysolu(m): 12:47pm On Aug 21, 2022
Southerners have the funniest names you can think of lol
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by Sh4d0w: 12:48pm On Aug 21, 2022
I've heard dusty buh it's not her real name. Anon(as in anonymous), fox, shadow, slade
P.S~those are all mine grin
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by Olachase(m): 1:12pm On Aug 21, 2022
Stone cold grin grin
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by nifemi25(m): 1:20pm On Aug 21, 2022
(Complete). Thats the weirdest name i ever heard
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by thesicilian: 1:23pm On Aug 21, 2022
Weird is a very subjective term
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by uchaymart(m): 1:53pm On Aug 21, 2022
I have heard and met people with funny names. I also had/met some as friends in camp, on my platoon when I did NYSC years ago.

1. Governor
2. Senator
3. Newman
4.Freeman
5. Best
6. God answer
7. Passion
8. Achiever
9. Anointed
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 21, 2022
HardLife
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 21, 2022
HardLife @Divay22
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by Tboymessiah(m): 2:29pm On Aug 21, 2022
NasoLifeBe!!!

Names like:

Saturday
Aranko
Egbefuna
Lakaka
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by VeryWickedMan: 2:31pm On Aug 21, 2022
Badwater
Blankson
Dadson
Tryphosa
Sanity

I wonder what inspired these names.
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by Thatedoboy98: 2:41pm On Aug 21, 2022
JASONjnr:
In Nigeria, Delta and Edo people have the weirdest name so far.....
you well so?
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 21, 2022
Page, Ending, and Venerable
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by Vinnie2000(m): 2:44pm On Aug 21, 2022
OP, How is Goddey weird?

And who says we Nigerians cant name a Child in Pidgin? Is pidgin not a language? undecided

Goddey
FineFace
God'spower are nice names.. smiley
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by Vinnie2000(m): 2:47pm On Aug 21, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Badwater
Blankson
Dadson
Tryphosa
Sanity

How about these Whitemen
Declan RICE
Ray PARLOUR
Danny DRINKWATER
George BUSH...

Inferiority complex is a disease for some Africans. undecided embarassed

1 Like

Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by Divay22(f): 3:00pm On Aug 21, 2022
Heathrow44:
HardLife @Divay22
Who be this wan undecided

1 Like

Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by mespusinglez(m): 3:10pm On Aug 21, 2022
Purity Linus Livinus Okorocha
4 Names
and i always make sure i call the full 4 names when calling her
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by EmiDior(m): 5:42pm On Aug 21, 2022
uchaymart:
I have heard and met people with funny names. I also had/met some as friends in camp, on my platoon when I did NYSC years ago.

1. Governor
2. Senator
3. Newman
4.Freeman
5. Best
6. God answer
7. Passion
8. Achiever
9. Anointed
whats funny there?
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by uchaymart(m): 6:14pm On Aug 21, 2022
EmiDior:
whats funny there?

Are you normal??

Why did you not go for such names.
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by LadyD22(f): 6:52pm On Aug 21, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Badwater
Blankson
Dadson
Tryphosa
Sanity

Sanity kwa grin
Do they have mad people in their bloodline?
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by LadyD22(f): 6:54pm On Aug 21, 2022
mespusinglez:
Purity Linus Livinus Okorocha
4 Names
and i always make sure i call the full 4 names when calling her

Melissa tryphina sarafina
it's been 8 years but I still remember her names except surname
Parents were like "let's make it rhyme"
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by LadyD22(f): 6:56pm On Aug 21, 2022
Anoti1:
Over the years, I’ve heard a lot of unbelievable names like: Heineken, Dusty, Endurance, Government, Polycarp, Polynus, Linus, Secondus, Cletus, Fabulous etc.

The weirdest for me was Goddey. I mean, why on earth will you want to name your child in pidgin?

Over to you guys, what’s the weirdest name you’ve heard?

There was one very funny one , not weird
Her name was chastity but she was like the mini runs girl in ur class , CHASTITY grin
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by mespusinglez(m): 7:10pm On Aug 21, 2022
LadyD22:

Melissa tryphina sarafina it's been 8 years but I still remember her names except surname Parents were like "let's make it rhyme"
make yours rhyme too!
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by CrownOfClay724: 8:13pm On Aug 21, 2022
I know a certain Government Wheelbarrow. An ijaw guy.
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:31pm On Aug 21, 2022
Thatedoboy98:
you well so?
I no sure..for where Jos dey,he mention these 3 states.
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:33pm On Aug 21, 2022
Weirdest name I have heard is dakpokpo
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 8:49pm On Aug 21, 2022
Rozross:
Page, Ending, and Venerable
It's actually paige..

By the way rose aka rozz, soifra.. Why are u disguising?
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by MasterShifu010(m): 8:49pm On Aug 21, 2022
Holyfield
Caesar
Sunshine
Shiny
Tompolo
Honda
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 8:56pm On Aug 21, 2022
1st time i heard "thank God" and "God's time" .. I almost bursted into laughter.. Very soon, we'll be hearing names like "God is good".
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by Samfloxin(m): 9:05pm On Aug 21, 2022
Otaokpukpu (Eater of bones ) Igbo name
Re: What’s The Weirdest Name You Have Ever Heard? by ClassicMan202(m): 9:15pm On Aug 21, 2022
Pontianus.... Like seriously shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

1 Month Today , No Masturbation. / Woman Arrested After Str*pping And Pressing Her B@re Body Against Sacred Tree / A Girl Took 3months To Think About My Proposal Only For Her To Say No

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.