Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 (30324 Views)

Secondary School Students Celebrate End Of WAEC Exams In Beer Parlour (Photos) / WAEC Students Destroy School Building After Being Duped By Principal In Edo / Social Distancing Observed As WAEC Students Write Exams Today (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by Justmesagi: 1:33pm On Aug 22, 2022
You can never win Yoruba. They will always find a way to overturn or flip the victory to theirs. See how they shattered the joy some Igbos are having since the percentage data was posted on twitter by Statisense.

Afonjas and back and forth strategy na 5 and 6.

6 Likes

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by Titogbanski: 1:35pm On Aug 22, 2022
Most of the country live i the southwest particularly Lagos and Ogun state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by trutharena: 1:36pm On Aug 22, 2022
Justmesagi:
You can never win Yoruba. They will always find a way to overturn or flip the victory to theirs. See how they shattered the joy some Igbos are having since the percentage data was posted on twitter by Statisense.

Afonjas and back and forth strategy na 5 and 6.

This is another metrics of the same data.

So anyone that want to have a killed joy should have it.

6 Likes

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by trutharena: 1:38pm On Aug 22, 2022
Titogbanski:
Most of the country live i the southwest particularly Lagos and Ogun state

Mouth don de change.

So now Ogun is also part of no man's land?

Mind you, if you put on your glasses, you will see that Oyo state has the highest number after Lagos in the whole Nigeria.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by profmallor: 1:39pm On Aug 22, 2022
This is a more holistic report that captures the true status of education across the country (at least at WAEC level) unlike the skewed report from another thread that positions sokoto as better than any SW state based on pass percentage.

9 Likes

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by trutharena: 1:41pm On Aug 22, 2022
profmallor:
This is a more holistic report that captures the true status of education across the country (at least at WAEC level) unlike the skewed report from another thread that positions sokoto as better than any SW state based on pass percentage.

Don't mind StatiSense.

Sokoto might have 1000 students for example and maybe 800 passed with 5 credits.

Then they will compare that to Lagos who have 19000 students that 18000 passed and they will be saying Sokoto is better than Lagos students.

StatiSense should have given the whole details.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by etrouble: 1:42pm On Aug 22, 2022
What do you expect nah? Were you expecting North East to be when it is not College of Bombing and Banditry.

Yoruba lagba

Meanwhile South West figures also include Igbos who ran from Igbo land to enjoy FREE EDUCATION in Yoruba land, but still hate Yorubas venomously. They are our brothers, we cannot chase a stubborn child to the Tiger to kill.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by Lionstep: 1:45pm On Aug 22, 2022
pricklewane:
What do you expect of dead brain Igbos ?!

Anu
Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by frog12: 1:46pm On Aug 22, 2022
why is the SOUTH-EAST doing terribly
Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by Shuzzi(m): 1:46pm On Aug 22, 2022
Who gives a Sh!t about population/Numbers?

Let us see the performance undecided
Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by illuminutty: 1:48pm On Aug 22, 2022
trutharena:

We are talking about numbers, this one is talking percentage. Hope say you go school shar?

What I told you is that Lagos, Ogun, and Oyo has the highest number of students that sat for WAEC in 2021 and they also have the highest number of students that had 5 credit and above including Engl. & Maths.

Check your chart and learn. Lagos got 55,795 and Oyo got 55,057 and those are the two topmost states.

Shinedu, if 100 people are getting into universities per year, what that meant is that Lagos, Ogun, and Oyo students will take the highest share if hypothetically all that pass WAEC will get enrollment into universities/Polytechnic.

Which states and regions have the highest percentage of success(5 credits incl English and Math)? Assuming success rate is benchmarked at 85% per state, would Lagos qualify? Please stop embarrassing yourself.

3 Likes

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by dFroshie(m): 1:50pm On Aug 22, 2022
Omo most of these Igbo folks that comment here are dumb sha

9 Likes

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by Dybala11(m): 1:51pm On Aug 22, 2022
Ibadanpikin:
I was a teacher before in Ibadan,i have teach in more than 4 secondary schools and i can confidently tell you there are large number of non indigenes secondary schools across ibadan,especially private schools.Last year jamb south east and south south have the highest number of candidates with 180 and above minimum requirement for admission to universities in Nigeria.
Abeg, correct this your expression sir. This expression is an eyesore and riddled with wrong use of tenses e.g 'i' have 'teach'. grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by BluntCrazeMan: 1:55pm On Aug 22, 2022
kettykin:

Report by state of origin will help state governors plan their education budget offer indigent students of their state financial assistance, scholarship etc
As far as education is concerned,, we are more concerned with place of residence..

3 Likes

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by od501: 1:56pm On Aug 22, 2022
LegendHero:

How much come be Yoruba people population if Igbo have 10million people in the SW alone? I initially thought you guys always parrot it’s Lagos alone that has 10million, so how come all SW states are sharing that 10million?

I think there are about 50million Igbo people living in the SW alone Shinedu.

So na Igbo people plenty pass for Oyo, Ogun, and Lagos?

So why does North Central also have more number of students than the SE? Is that also because there are 5 trillion Igbos in the North Central?

You guys are clown. ALL of you.

Yes, they are clowns, but allow them go back to their clown Republic you guys will send Army ,police, boys scout, civil defense, etc to start killing people. Honestly, what do you guys want with is people?
Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by Jenieking: 1:57pm On Aug 22, 2022
Education na scam o
Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by obyno82: 1:58pm On Aug 22, 2022
LegendHero:

How much come be Yoruba people population if Igbo have 10million people in the SW alone? I initially thought you guys always parrot it’s Lagos alone that has 10million, so how come all SW states are sharing that 10million?

I think there are about 50million Igbo people living in the SW alone Shinedu.

So na Igbo people plenty pass for Oyo, Ogun, and Lagos?

So why does North Central also have more number of students than the SE? Is that also because there are 5 trillion Igbos in the North Central?

You guys are clown. ALL of you.

Did you smoke before typing this rubbish?
Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by kettykin: 1:58pm On Aug 22, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
As far as education is concerned,, we are more concerned with place of residence..

But when it comes to politics and election you prop up state of origin.
Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by LegendHero(m): 1:59pm On Aug 22, 2022
od501:

Yes, they are clowns, but allow them go back to their clown Republic you guys will send Army ,police, boys scout, civil defense, etc to start killing people. Honestly, what do you guys want with is people?

Na Yoruba dey control military?

Wetin concern me concern Biafla?

12 Likes

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by obyno82: 2:00pm On Aug 22, 2022
LegendHero:
I saw this too in the NBS report they released and was dumbfounded how StatiSense failed to present all the necessary metrics in their initial chart.

The SW got the highest number of those students having 5 credits and above and what I think that portray is that more of them will be pushed to the universities.

That will only ensure the Yoruba will continue to have the highest number of graduates and people in those corporate jobs.

Well, real live data also correlate with this because in tertiary education and the corporate world itself, the Yorubas are by far the most represented.

Not even in Nigeria alone, even abroad, it follows the same trend.

Bros you are really high on cow dung walahi. SW had highest pass rate whereas SS and SE had the highest pass rate

2 Likes

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by Justmesagi: 2:01pm On Aug 22, 2022
trutharena:

Don't mind StatiSense.

Sokoto might have 1000 students for example and maybe 800 passed with 5 credits.

Then they will compare that to Lagos who have 19000 students that 18000 passed and they will be saying Sokoto is better than Lagos students.

StatiSense should have given the whole details.
I understand you because that means More admission, more graduate and more entrants into the corporate world. But isn't percentage data meant to capture the strength of 2 or more groups in a comparative data?

1 Like

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by Pityoobi: 2:05pm On Aug 22, 2022
pricklewane:
What do you expect of dead brain Igbos ?!

They are craziest set of people in Nigeria. The previous data favored most of the eastern states they attributed it to the Legacy of Peter OBI now that it didn’t favor them, they say the south west got this high percentage because we have more Igbos living in the south west. I don tire for these people, it will be better we allow them go and form their Biafra so that they can drag themselves to hell.

9 Likes

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by LegendHero(m): 2:06pm On Aug 22, 2022
obyno82:

Bros you are really high on cow dung walahi. SW had highest pass rate whereas SS and SE had the highest pass rate

Who will have the highest number of graduates among the two example in the above?

6 Likes

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by obyno82: 2:08pm On Aug 22, 2022
LegendHero:

Who will have the highest number of graduates among the two example in the above?

Is it Quality or Quantity?

1 Like

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by trutharena: 2:08pm On Aug 22, 2022
Justmesagi:
I understand you because that means More admission, more graduate and more entrants into the corporate world. But isn't percentage data meant to capture the strength of 2 or more groups in a comparative data?

Yes you are correct. Percentage data is also a very good metrics. SW governors have to sit up and understand why the public schools do not have high percentage of passes.

Also, total number is also a very good metrics because other region have to understand why they do not have much number of students in school especially for states with considerable population.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by LegendHero(m): 2:11pm On Aug 22, 2022
obyno82:

Is it Quality or Quantity?

Answer my question first then I will answer yours.

It is by both quality and quantity.

As you strive for quality, you must make sure quantity is also included in the picture.

If not, that means you will have mass illiteracy within your domain if those that need to be in school are kept out of school.

Kano is a good example of the above. Compare their population to those in school, any sane government should worry about quantity at that part.

Moreso, these days, miracle center is the new way for most states so you can even argue the 5 credit and above is not a pointer to true quality with respect to WAEC whose question result are sometimes seen before exam day.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by BluntCrazeMan: 2:11pm On Aug 22, 2022
kettykin:

But when it comes to politics and election you prop up state of origin.
Election and Politics has a lot of thing to do with Citizenship..
And your Citizenship is actually supposed to be traced back to your hometown.
So,, your place of origin is actually the definition of your Citizenship..
That is why you have to go back to your state of origin,, and go back to your ward and register there.

5 Likes

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by Ayilara1(m): 2:15pm On Aug 22, 2022
Conrod:
Exactly wetin the red indians thought of immigrants in america before they became,...the rest you know.

We con look like red indians to you? Yoruba are progressive people.

Is Anthony Joshua a Nigerian or Briton?

5 Likes

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by Jogs1900: 2:17pm On Aug 22, 2022
kettykin:

The lopsided federal structure is having the oil company headquarters situated outside the axis of production, which country does that. Having all the deep sea port in one state because it was once the capital, i can excuses the banks and telcos, but oil and gas is an issue
Why did you decide to excuse the banks and telcos?The oil companies that have their headquarters in Lagos are not in oil exploration business alone.They are into selling and distribution of refined petroleum products as well and locating their headquarters in Lagos is for their conveniences same reasons most banks have their headquarters in Lagos instead of in Abuja where the CBN headquarter is located.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests / Don Davis' Family And Deeper Life High School Finally Reconcile / JAMB 2018: Top 10 States With Highest Number Of Registered UTME Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.