Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 (30325 Views)

Secondary School Students Celebrate End Of WAEC Exams In Beer Parlour (Photos) / WAEC Students Destroy School Building After Being Duped By Principal In Edo / Social Distancing Observed As WAEC Students Write Exams Today (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by galaxy2020(m): 2:21pm On Aug 22, 2022
40% of those students are not from their state of residence. How did sokoto get make that list? NA ALLOCATION TOO... grin grin
Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by ofuonyebi: 2:26pm On Aug 22, 2022
Education without plan for work
Education without unity and love for one another
Education without sense to rule
So Educated set of people but the uneducated northerners use them as personal assistant and body guards
Lets making noise about a record that doesn't translate to reasonable success
The uneducated north continue to be president and share positions to the bookworm south west and south south
thats why wike want to kill himself because he was not given a vice-presidential ticket as vice to ATIFKU
Shame! shame!! to the leaders who slept away to create this very bad destiny
Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by lawani: 2:27pm On Aug 22, 2022
trutharena:

If you no blind, you will see that Ogun and Oyo are the next highest state after Lagos and they make up the top 3 states in the whole Nigeria.

Lol that simply mean that more Yoruba are getting into universities and more Yoruba will be getting into the public sectors.

Stop shamelessly hiding under Lagos number. Talk to your governors to see why Igbos keep deserting the South East like maybe it is a war torn region.

There is no Yoruba man who does not have a friend or relative in the UK.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by 9ja083: 2:32pm On Aug 22, 2022
What about the withheld results?
when is it expected to be out?
Does the withheld result also have chat?
Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by totit: 2:38pm On Aug 22, 2022
trutharena:

Mouth don de change.

So now Ogun is also part of no man's land?

Mind you, if you put on your glasses, you will see that Oyo state has the highest number after Lagos in the whole Nigeria.

But most commentators shouting " the stats are not by origin ' is that SW will always lead the table and it's there based on Jambs yearly stats by the state of origin whereby SW has the most numbers of indigenous people with University entrants and applicants.

Ye' all can check the Jamb stats table to confirm this.

2 Likes

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by totit: 2:40pm On Aug 22, 2022
profmallor:
This is a more holistic report that captures the true status of education across the country (at least at WAEC level) unlike the skewed report from another thread that positions sokoto as better than any SW state based on pass percentage.

Exactly.
For any sane mind one could tell the former thread/stats didn't just it at all.

1 Like

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by ZombieSlayer1: 2:41pm On Aug 22, 2022
pricklewane:
What do you expect of dead brain Igbos ?!

Yoruba is a tribe of brain-dead urchins who only know how to mine skulls, do rituals, collect "owo mi da" and shout "Ha!"
Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by Justmesagi: 2:42pm On Aug 22, 2022
totit:

But most commentators shouting " the stats are not by origin ' is that SW will always lead the table and it's there based on Jambs yearly stats by the state of origin whereby SW has the most numbers of indigenous people with University entrants and applicants.

Ye' all can check the Jamb stats table to confirm this.
pls, can you post it here?
Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by Antoeni(m): 2:42pm On Aug 22, 2022
See The Real Pictures of Out of School Children

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by duro4chang(m): 2:44pm On Aug 22, 2022
kettykin:

Report by state of origin will help state governors plan their education budget offer indigent students of their state financial assistance, scholarship etc
They should plan for people living outside the state? Right?
Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by porthouse7(f): 2:44pm On Aug 22, 2022
Conrod:
With over 10million igbos in the southwest,you can imagine their percentage in southwest schools.
wetin 10 million igbos dey do for south west sef, we owe then something? How many south west dey ur region.... U guys are parasites

5 Likes

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by obyno82: 2:49pm On Aug 22, 2022
LegendHero:

Answer my question first then I will answer yours.

It is by both quality and quantity.

As you strive for quality, you must make sure quantity is also included in the picture.

If not, that means you will have mass illiteracy within your domain if those that need to be in school are kept out of school.

Kano is a good example of the above. Compare their population to those in school, any sane government should worry about quantity at that part.

Moreso, these days, miracle center is the new way for most states so you can even argue the 5 credit and above is not a pointer to true quality with respect to WAEC whose question result are sometimes seen before exam day.

Oga stop playing semantics answer my question first
Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by totit: 2:50pm On Aug 22, 2022

1 Like

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by pricklewane: 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2022
Your wail of sorrow n agony give me unlimitless joy, so wail on n wail hard.

ZombieSlayer1:

Yoruba is a tribe of brain-dead urchins who only know how to mine skulls, do rituals, collect "owo mi da" and shout "Ha!"

1 Like

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by Justmesagi: 2:52pm On Aug 22, 2022
Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by AllDModsAreMaad: 2:53pm On Aug 22, 2022
trutharena:

Be like say you sabi them well.

The guy is trying to just deflect when he saw the figures of his Igbo people lol.

Your post is irrelevant.

The stat is inconsequential, the real stats were the ones on the previous post and not these ones you posted here to console yourself and your likes.
Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by Conrod: 2:54pm On Aug 22, 2022
porthouse7:
wetin 10 million igbos dey do for south west sef, we owe then something? How many south west dey ur region.... U guys are parasites
You should blame your fathers and uncles who fought and died to ensure that igbos are part of your everyday lives.
Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by Daum: 2:57pm On Aug 22, 2022
I day shame for una oooo

So wetin come bring all the insults come now
I no even understand. Them release statistics I day see tribal insults day fly up and down...
Before I use to feel that it was Hausa and Igbos that hate each other until recently.

It seems the Yorubas and Igbos have perpetual hatred for each other. Hatred they inherited from the politics of Zik and Awo...

You guys can keep being at each other's throats. There's nothing wrong about healthy competition.

Make una use una head. Una just day cap rubbish for this thread...
Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by AllDModsAreMaad: 2:57pm On Aug 22, 2022
porthouse7:

Parasites that made your archaic towns look good with fine structures(buildings)?

Go to most Yoruba towns, you can count nice buildings own by them but those own by Igbo people are numerous.

I am not here to play emotional games but to give you real facts.
Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by CSTRR: 3:00pm On Aug 22, 2022
LegendHero:
I saw this too in the NBS report they released and was dumbfounded how StatiSense failed to present all the necessary metrics in their initial chart.

The SW got the highest number of those students having 5 credits and above and what I think that portray is that more of them will be pushed to the universities.

That will only ensure the Yoruba will continue to have the highest number of graduates and people in those corporate jobs.

Well, real live data also correlate with this because in tertiary education and the corporate world itself, the Yorubas are by far the most represented.

Not even in Nigeria alone, even abroad, it follows the same trend.
Lagos State has by far the highest percentage of the number of total waec students in the West.

Unless you are saying 90% of the students in Lagos are yorubas.
In that case, I won't even argue with you.

The south east and south south has a higher pass rate, and mostly from religious schools.

That is far impressive.

1 Like

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by AllDModsAreMaad: 3:00pm On Aug 22, 2022
totit:

Exactly.
For any sane mind one could tell the former thread/stats didn't just it at all.

It is because it didn't favour you lots, that is why you all couldn't accept it.

Keep wailing!
Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 22, 2022
Ibadanpikin:
Remember that sw has the highest number of non indigenes in there states,reason for the large number of candidates.

That shows development and relatively better governance.. Anyone who disagrees is deluded..

1 Like

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by totit: 3:02pm On Aug 22, 2022
AllDModsAreMaad:

Parasites that made your archaic towns look good with fine structures(buildings)?

Go to most Yoruba towns, you can count nice buildings own by them but those own by Igbo people are numerous.

I am not here to play emotional games but to give you real facts.

Lmaoooo
The Deverouppers have come ooo grin

6 Likes

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by totit: 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2022
AllDModsAreMaad:

It is because it didn't favour you lots, that is why you all couldn't accept it.

Keep wailing!

I don't know if you are reading the thread upside down. But it's ok. Take it easy ok. Your time will come dude! cool grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by CSTRR: 3:05pm On Aug 22, 2022
profmallor:
This is a more holistic report that captures the true status of education across the country (at least at WAEC level) unlike the skewed report from another thread that positions sokoto as better than any SW state based on pass percentage.
There is nothing holistic about it.

It just picks raw numbers from regions, and Lagos contributes the most.

In most schools in Lagos, almost 70% are non-yorubas.

Surely, you can see why the numbers cannot be attributed to the Yoruba alone.
Maybe a credit to the region, but definitely not to the Yoruba ethnic.

It's like voters card in Lagos.

The real achievement is the South East and South South getting 80% pass rates, mostly from govt schools owned by struct religious bodies.

That is the test of quality.

Raw absolute numbers generated mostly from a mixed population, does not tell the full story.

1 Like

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by CockAndBullStor: 3:08pm On Aug 22, 2022
We are the baba! Education begins and ends with us!
Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by Allisgud: 3:08pm On Aug 22, 2022
How do I retrieve my lost waec certificate 2009 set,any body with idea in the house
Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by totit: 3:10pm On Aug 22, 2022
CSTRR:

There is nothing holistic about it.

It just picks raw numbers from regions, and Lagos contributes the most.

In most schools in Lagos, almost 70% are non-yorubas.

Surely, you can see why the numbers cannot be attributed to the Yoruba alone.
Maybe a credit to the region, but definitely not to the Yoruba ethnic.

It's like voters card in Lagos.

The real achievement is the South East and South South getting 80% pass rates, mostly from govt schools owned by struct religious bodies.

That is the test of quality.

Raw absolute numbers generated mostly from a mixed population, does not tell the full story.

At the bolded we all know you configured it from your brain but can that be verified or established with facts?

And wait, if Oyo and another SW top the top 10 according to the OP and above SE why not always claim the high percentage in those two states since every states atop are dominated by SE'ners according to the example you gave above?

Lmaooo

10 Likes

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by Randomgist(m): 3:12pm On Aug 22, 2022
If the claim that south west has highest number is intended to challenge south west to do better, it's fine. But if it is to compare it with other regions then I think you should look at the percentage performance because all the regions do not have equal population.
Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by LegendHero(m): 3:21pm On Aug 22, 2022
CSTRR:

Lagos State has by far the highest percentage of the number of total waec students in the West.

Unless you are saying 90% of the students in Lagos are yorubas.
In that case, I won't even argue with you.

The south east and south south has a higher pass rate, and mostly from religious schools.

That is far impressive.

You’re a drunkard.

Lagos - Oyo - Ogun are the top 3 states with the highest number of WAEC students from the chart.

In Lagos, we have Igbos, Hausas, Southern minorities, and Northern minorities schooling there. Why is it that it’s only the Igbos that cry at every statistics to say they have percentage in Lagos?

Even in the chart, the North Central got more numbers than the Igbos.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-West Has The Highest Number OF WAEC Students For 2021 by Onliie(m): 3:22pm On Aug 22, 2022
Used to be south east. Sit at home effect

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests / Don Davis' Family And Deeper Life High School Finally Reconcile / JAMB 2018: Top 10 States With Highest Number Of Registered UTME Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.