Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion - Nairaland / General (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion (34196 Views)

The Roundtable Lekki 2023 Is Here Again. / What Are Those Bad Habits Or Things You See People Do?(discussion Thread) / The Biggest Online Discussion Forum In Ghana Goes Live.check it out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (55) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by doggedfighter(f): 11:25am On Apr 28, 2023
pocohantas:

It is very possible that it could be "fake". Which would make me wonder how original would be if fake is working like this. I got this one for N1000. I know many vendors sell N1300 to N1500. But that is the usual rip off. Like they do with Cosrx products.

Pocohantas, keep the pictures and tips coming.

I full ground.

That one about reshuffling clothes and that of window sill were for me. grin
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by pocohantas(f): 1:42pm On Apr 28, 2023
doggedfighter:

Pocohantas, keep the pictures and tips coming.

I full ground.

That one about reshuffling clothes and that of window sill were for me. grin

Many of us are guilty and we would say we don't have clothes to wear. I made up my mind that I will wear all my clothes this year. grin

Thanks DG!

1 Like

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by doggedfighter(f): 8:56pm On May 06, 2023
Pocohantas,What's your thought on using the soap and the cream too.

Saw the cream when I went to buy the soap.

How effective ?

You ever tried the combo ?
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by pocohantas(f): 10:16pm On May 06, 2023
doggedfighter:
Pocohantas,What's your thought on using the soap and the cream too.

Saw the cream when I went to buy the soap.

How effective ?

You ever tried the combo ?

No, I haven't. I believe they should work well together. I have been using Vaseline lotion for a while and never bothered to change. Maybe I'll try it out.
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by Meedon: 5:29pm On May 07, 2023
Den of gossipers.
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by doggedfighter(f): 7:53am On May 21, 2023
pocohantas:

No, I haven't. I believe they should work well together. I have been using Vaseline lotion for a while and never bothered to change. Maybe I'll try it out.

Pocohantas, folake4u what do you think about scrub, face cream. You use any ?
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by pocohantas(f): 8:40am On May 21, 2023
doggedfighter:

Pocohantas, what do you think about scrub, face cream. You use any ?

My face cream moisturiser is Neutrogena.
Face scrub is Neutrogena too.

I think the content of both would depend on what you hope to achieve. But they are both necessary in facial routines. The scrub gets rid of dead skin cells and the cream moisturises.

1 Like

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by folake4u(f): 8:41am On May 21, 2023
doggedfighter:

Pocohan.tas, folake4u what do you think about scrub, face cream. You use any ?

Exfoliating scrub? Yes, it's good.

Most times, people use body cream for their face and complain about their face getting darker or more oily.

Body cream is BODY CREAM.

Face cream is FACE CREAM. So yeah, it'd be good if you can get a good one (especially the one that has a good amount of SPF). Uhm, choose face cream according to your skin type (dry, oily, sensitive or combination skin).

2 Likes

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by doggedfighter(f): 9:10am On May 21, 2023
folake4u:

Exfoliating scrub? Yes, it's good.

Most times, people use body cream for their face and complain about their face getting darker or more oily.

Body cream is BODY CREAM.

Face cream is FACE CREAM. So yeah, it'd be good if you can get a good one (especially the one that has a good amount of SPF). Uhm, choose face cream according to your skin type (dry, oily, sensitive or combination skin).

Exactly the issues with mine.
And I have oily skin. Don't know what to go for ?

pocohantas:

pocohantas:

My face cream moisturiser is Neutrogena.
Face scrub is Neutrogena too.

I think the content of both would depend on what you hope to achieve. But they are both necessary in facial routines. The scrub gets rid of dead skin cells and the cream moisturises.

My face is getting darker than my body and .

Any recommendations?
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by pocohantas(f): 9:20am On May 21, 2023
doggedfighter:

I have oily skin too and I use Neutrogena oil-free acne moisturizer. The problem now is the salicylic acid in it. It is light on the skin and comes in very handy at that time of the month, otherwise it overdoes. When I bought it, I was trying to clear those tiny bumbs on my forehead and it worked very fast. I have to finish it, so I keep using it sparingly. lipsrsealed

It doesn't have SPF though. I pair with Neutrogena sunscreen when necessary.

I just checked now and I saw they have the one without salicylic acid. I will order that within the week. Asides the skin type, they could have extra functions that would be indicated via its active ingredient. I like Neutrogena because their products are easy to use, affordable and rarely cause major damage if at all they don't fit.

doggedfighter:

Any recommendations?

A basic facial routine which includes scrub, sunscreen and Vit C as extras would work. You don't need too much else you mix things up and forget to use some sef.

Do you just buy off the shelf or a skin doctor?
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by doggedfighter(f): 9:29am On May 21, 2023
pocohantas:

I have oily skin too and I use Neutrogena oil-free acne moisturizer. The problem now is the salicylic acid in it. It is light on the skin and comes in very handy at that time of the month, otherwise it overdoes. When I bought it, I was trying to clear those tiny bumbs on my forehead and it worked very fast. I have to finish it, so I keep using it sparingly. lipsrsealed

It doesn't have SPF though. I pair with Neutrogena sunscreen when necessary.

I just checked now and I saw they have the one without salicylic acid. I will order that within the week. Asides the skin type, they could have extra functions that would be indicated via its active ingredient. I like Neutrogena because their products are easy to use, affordable and rarely cause major damage if at all they don't fit.

A basic facial routine which includes scrub, sunscreen and Vit C as extras would work. You don't need too much else you mix things up and forget to use some sef.

Do you just buy off the shelf or a skin doctor?

Haven't been using any of this extras aside from body cream and soap and I buy off the shelf. Never used a skin doctor.

And I am not the kind of person that can give much time to body treatments else I will become exhausted and uninterested.

I just want it simple.
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by pocohantas(f): 9:44am On May 21, 2023
doggedfighter:

Haven't been using any of this extras aside from body cream and soap and I buy off the shelf. Never used a skin doctor.

And I am not the kind of person that can give much time to body treatments else I will become exhausted and uninterested.

I just want it simple.

Na the body cream you dey rub for face?
Ahhh! If I dare put my bathing soap on my face, the effect go loud o.
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by doggedfighter(f): 9:48am On May 21, 2023
pocohantas:

Na the body cream you dey rub for face?
Ahhh! If I dare put my bathing soap on my face, the effect go loud o.

That's what I have been using on my face.

I even rub that St Ivy's soap on my face before bathing and then the Vaseline even tone cry

Just noticed my face is darker and so oily cry

I feel bad
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by folake4u(f): 11:52am On May 21, 2023
doggedfighter:

Any recommendations?

The "Simple" brand have a variety of products and generally good. You can use their face cream/moisturizer.

You want the best recommendation?

It's best to meet a dermatologist to recommend skincare products for your skin type.

If you can afford booking a session, you'd save yourself a great deal from all "trial and error".

1 Like

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by doggedfighter(f): 12:19pm On May 21, 2023
folake4u:

The "Simple" brand have a variety of products and generally good. You can use their face cream/moisturizer.

You want the best recommendation?

It's best to meet a dermatologist to recommend skincare products for your skin type.

If you can afford booking a session, you'd save yourself a great deal from all "trial and error".

Okay, thanks. Trial and error can be expensive.

Will check with a dermatologist.

1 Like

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by folake4u(f): 12:57pm On May 21, 2023
doggedfighter:

Okay, thanks. Trial and error can be expensive.

Will check with a dermatologist.

You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by bukatyne(f): 1:53pm On May 21, 2023
doggedfighter:

I just want it simple.

Happy Sunday doggedfighter,

Re: Bold

Please dedicate a little more time to skincare, body treatment and pampering if you can afford to.

It helps you relax and stay in tune with your feminine nature as a lady wink
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by bukatyne(f): 1:54pm On May 21, 2023
Good afternoon ladies

Saw a snippet of Gabrielle Union's interview on MoneyAfrica.

What do you think about it?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsdYssfskx3/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by pocohantas(f): 2:53pm On May 21, 2023
bukatyne:
Good afternoon ladies

Saw a snippet of Gabrielle Union's interview on MoneyAfrica.

What do you think about it?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsdYssfskx3/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

For a woman as rich as her, it would be quite hard to get a non 50:50 arrangement. But I wouldn't like that to be me. Definitely not with a Nigerian man. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by babythug(f): 5:30pm On May 21, 2023
Folake4u you had this kind of thing set up and you nor tell me?
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by doggedfighter(f): 7:39pm On May 21, 2023
bukatyne:

Happy Sunday doggedfighter,

Re: Bold

Please dedicate a little more time to skincare, body treatment and pampering if you can afford to.

It helps you relax and stay in tune with your feminine nature as a lady wink

bukatyne, thanks. Well noted. No more slacking. I am going all out now grin
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by folake4u(f): 8:31pm On May 21, 2023
babythug:
Folake4u you had this kind of thing set up and you nor tell me?

E ma binu Mama. I think say you know before oh.

Forgive me abeg.
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by Geminita: 8:30am On May 23, 2023
Good morning, everyone.

I saw a thread on Twitter and I think it's nice to bring it here.

What is that one thing you really tried to get, that thing you went all out for but didn't work out for you? Can you share?

Pocohantas
Folake4U
Annie
PrimadonnaO
Annahh
Humorme2
Sisitito01
Doggedfighter
Cococandy
Bukatyne
Babythug
Teespice
Persephone1
Klass99

PS: You can also tag other females.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by folake4u(f): 11:42am On May 23, 2023
Geminita:
Good morning, everyone.

I saw a thread on Twitter and I think it's nice to bring it here.

What is that one thing you really tried to get, that thing you went all out for but didn't work out for you? Can you share?

Folake4U

PS: You can also tag other females.

I'd give two scenarios.

1. My Law School exams. I fought hard for my grades, read even while on sick bed to make First Class but alas! It didn't work out for me. When I saw my result and was complaining to my folks, they told me to be thankful in all situations.

2. I applied for a Job on Upwork last year to be a virtual legal secretary. The pay was quite good, I uploaded all relevant certifications when I applied for the job. The client loved my portfolio, and said I would be a great fit. We had done interview too and it went smooth. I was waiting to seal the contract but ... embarassed

5 Likes

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by folake4u(f): 12:00pm On May 23, 2023
Happy Birthday poshestmina. 💕
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by Klass99(f): 12:17pm On May 23, 2023

5 Likes

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 23, 2023
1) Chemistry . I didn't pass the exam, did 5 other SSCE exams like GCE etc I didn't pass the subject. I got tired and moved to commercial in Uni with the use of Economics ( my best subject) . Left to me, I would have gone for Art in secondary school but my parent thought otherwise. As fate would have it, I deviate from science in Uni.

2) A guy I waited and crushed on for four years lipsrsealed was obsessed, every guy looked like him at some point and I kept hoping one day he will be my prince charming and come to rescue me but it never happened. Lol funny enough a simple question he asked cleared my over four years obsession lipsrsealed Crazy? I know.

4 Likes

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by MechanicMike: 12:54pm On May 23, 2023
folake4u:

Lol who dash me Chef? grin grin

Na name wey I give Gem Gem, but we dey share the nickname. cheesy

folake gimmmmmmme love oooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! smiley
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by Geminita: 6:19am On May 24, 2023
folake4u:

I'd give two scenarios.

1. My Law School exams. I fought hard for my grades, read even while on sick bed to make First Class but alas! It didn't work out for me. When I saw my result and was complaining to my folks, they told me to be thankful in all situations.

2. I applied for a Job on Upwork last year to be a virtual legal secretary. The pay was quite good, I uploaded all relevant certifications when I applied for the job. The client loved my portfolio, and said I would be a great fit. We had done interview too and it went smooth. I was waiting to seal the contract but ... embarassed

Yeah, the most important thing is that you tried your best. We win some and We lose some. You are doing well, Baby Jollof cheesy
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by Geminita: 6:21am On May 24, 2023
Klass99:

Thanks for sharing your experience. We should keep trying smiley. The first time I got a rejection from an international NGO. I cried shege grin.

Now, all I do is try my best and let God handle the rest.

1 Like

Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by Geminita: 6:24am On May 24, 2023
Persephone1:
1) Chemistry . I didn't pass the exam, did 5 other SSCE exams like GCE etc I didn't pass the subject. I got tired and moved to commercial in Uni with the use of Economics ( my best subject) . Left to me, I would have gone for Art in secondary school but my parent thought otherwise. As fate would have it, I deviate from science in Uni.

2) A guy I waited and crushed on for four years lipsrsealed was obsessed, every guy looked like him at some point and I kept hoping one day he will be my prince charming and come to rescue me but it never happened. Lol funny enough a simple question he asked cleared my over four years obsession lipsrsealed Crazy? I know.

It is funny how "one" subject can delay someone.
Maybe you would have loved Art better. Everything is not about science alone. Thank God we know better now grin.

grin grin. The question must have been"Somehow". Thank God you are over him now.
Re: The Pinkpill Roundtable Discussion by poshestmina(f): 8:26am On May 24, 2023
folake4u:
Happy Birthday poshestmina. 💕

Thank you Dearest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (55) (Reply)

10-Year-Old Boys Stunting On Unicycles In Bariga, Lagos (Video) / Man Spotted Lying On The Ground In Victoria-Island Lagos (Photos) / Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.