Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,432 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! (8086 Views)

Animax Tv (a 24hrs Anime Channel Launches On Hitv) / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians / Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by ray4life(m): 5:01pm On Aug 16, 2007
HiTV Repetitions; Drivin' Me Nuts!

Let me start this by saying "If programme repetitions kill, I should have been dead by now"

I've been of subscriber of hitv for the 3 months and all I get is programme repetitions on a daily basis. here is a breakdown.

1. HI-Nolly: has a collection of about 5 movies that they recycle everyday.
2. Hi-Sport: Apart from live premiership matches all they show is the Man United vs Urawa Red Match and world You-19 basketball championship.
3. Hi-Mix: 5 or 6 movies that they keep recycling (Men In Black, Baby Boy, Mary Reilly etc)
4. E!: recently they have started running repetitions (101 stars back when)
5. Hi-life: all I see daily is the late Pastor Bimbo show. (don't get it twisted, I like the lady)
7. hi-ovation, Hi-biz, LBC: not showing
8. FoxSport: No Longer Showing
9. Skynews, Eurosport News: Only On newpaper ads.

And there goes my hard earned 3000 Naira (Monthly).
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by Vickivicki(m): 5:45pm On Aug 16, 2007
@ray4life
Sorry lol,i really feel 4 u but trust i hope they will change. I learnt they are launching Nigezie n Hi- Nolly this weekend.
But guys una wey dey Hitv make una speak up here, for the sake of those of us willing 2 join you. smiley
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by fredrostar(m): 6:49pm On Aug 16, 2007
@ray4life
but @least u get to see life premiership matches ko?
what d'u have to say 'bout my 8500 subscription on DSTV
wen i cant watch live matches?
besides u'a not xpected to watch tv allday!
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by Kc0022000(m): 7:13pm On Aug 16, 2007
Pay Tv is about repetition where ever on this earth though better than normal channels however so much Tv watching turns your IQ downwards. A friend of mine said pay Tv is for shift workers,you may not get better than your life sport event, Hack or crack that shit
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by Eastcoast(f): 7:49pm On Aug 16, 2007
@ray4life, sorry o, but that a part of cable television. Most channels repeat stuff, I can't count how many times Vh1 repeated charm school, or mtv n E!. Thatz cable for you. They always repeat their shows.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by edeone(m): 8:22pm On Aug 16, 2007
well its walways like dat they will get better, hang in dere,and take heart atlits its beter in a way
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by odada(m): 10:02pm On Aug 16, 2007
F*** Hitv men?what happens to us DSTV subscribers over the years huh its so appalling i cant watch live premiership matches on dstv again,,,those 2 man utd matches i missed really o to my guts angry angry no wonder we drew?
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by tundewoods(m): 10:15pm On Aug 16, 2007

@ ray4Life
If truly feel your pain,however you can bear with hitv til you can afford to switch to DSTV.Simply exercise patience.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by tkb417(m): 11:07pm On Aug 16, 2007
@Poster
how did u know they recycle programs? i dnt even have time to watch tv apart from the premiership games.
ure jobless shey?
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by Nobody: 12:56am On Aug 17, 2007
does anyone knows how long hitv got this licence? hope its not a one year deal.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by myfinalpro(m): 7:17am On Aug 17, 2007
Give them some time, they will improve
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by kalipso(m): 8:58am On Aug 17, 2007
E, ya!!too bad bro.bit that is Nigeria for u.We up here don't even have access to hitv,no show for us.Dstv is wacked, no live games.NTA,AIT also no show.NBC should perhaps look into this before we all get deprived of a season long excitement.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by femi1886(m): 10:13am On Aug 17, 2007
[center]too bad. what more do u expect for 3000 bucks? Anyway yours still better we in abuja and up north cant even see d matches live. someoone please tell hitv to better come to abuja if there really mean business abi wetin. My people in abuja how do u watch d matches now forget that 20% stuff its crap[left][/left]
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by trendy(f): 11:04am On Aug 17, 2007
One Advice: change to FSTV cheaper than DSTV and with Great Entertainment, Sports and news, they have their own repitition probs. but not half as bad as the image painted above
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by gidig(m): 11:50am On Aug 17, 2007
Their Md was in the media apologising for the arsenal match too. Was really upset about the fact that matches may be unstable until they get it right but Hitv is good for our economy; at least we can use what Nigerians pay to develop our media the way the Hitv folks have planned it. It is a young guy trying to make something work in Naija. There will behitches here and there but they will eventually get it right!

I will be getting one next week. personally, I will always support folks who have enough faith to do something worthwhile. We can rely on a south African company to be the leading light in our pay tv. It is just not the right thing! It is not a class thing of Dstv versus Hitv. It is we and them. That is the way I see it!
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by champredd(m): 12:12pm On Aug 17, 2007
HiTV is going to be better soon, they are still the new kid on the block. Stop lamenting the monthly payment, it will soon drop to N30 courtsey of Prof. Soludo Magic
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by Jaychuks(m): 12:20pm On Aug 17, 2007
I quite agree with gidig. Hitv will surely get it right. They are new and will sure get there, pls let's support them.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by alleno: 12:27pm On Aug 17, 2007
, well, no lies and no sentiments, DSTv is better, and all you "Nigerian Things are Better", answer the following questions
which phone are you using?
what cloth are you wearing?
what dishes are you eating?
what movies are you seeing?
, no country can be a forest on is own, if you are not satisfied with Hi-Tv, go to DS-Tv, at least, their repetition is not frequent and besides, you have a wider range of options, over 60 channels,
and don't kill yourself with repetition, for someone like me who loves TV and gets creative inspiration from TV Shows, Cartoons, Movies and Stuff, HI-Tv is not there yet?
I agree they are coming up, but what is hot is hot and what is cold is cold, no stammering.(KALOLO[i]ing[/i])
grin
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by champredd(m): 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2007
DsTV is also guilty of repetition, and they've become boring in recent times. Their movies channels are always repeating over and over.

If you are with HiTV stick with them and grow with them.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by tpzmil(m): 1:55pm On Aug 17, 2007
ol boy,

So how long will DSTv continue with their stupid adverts of LIVE MATCHES
anyways, when it's time to pay, just downgrade to N4500 abi? driving me nuts.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by moonday: 2:46pm On Aug 17, 2007
HiTV will definately get better but we have to give them some time
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by Elgaxton(m): 2:47pm On Aug 17, 2007
we dont receive Hitv signals in abuja o, i dey vex,

no live matches again! damn!
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by Egavlas(m): 2:53pm On Aug 17, 2007
When I was paying for my HITV, I told myself that I was only paying for Football and News and Christian programing. I didnt bargain for much more(If they come, good). Last sarturday, Hitv had 5 live matches on while Dstv had only one. Tuesday and wednesday, there were live matches as well and I watched football till I slept off long after midnight.

And the Spanish La Liga(which they have exclusive rights) and Seria A havent yet kicked off. So, you need to know what you want. Do you want football and News and some God Tv? Then stay with hitv.No need paying for what you don't need. But if you are a tv person and can stomach all mannar of *Entertainment*, then go for Dstv.But don't lament when you don't watch the premiership and laliga.
I must say that they havent got enough content yet(hitv) and they say they are going to be adding more content as time goes on but that is not a problem for me. If I pay three thousand to watch all that foot ball plus cnn and bbc(sky news and eurosport news coming soon). I can't complain.

And for the guy that asked if the licence is for a year, note that hitv has the package A for premiership for the next three years. So If you are on Dstv for premiership, forget it.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by otokx(m): 2:54pm On Aug 17, 2007
I've always suspected that this HITV guys have nothing to offer
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by Jaychuks(m): 3:02pm On Aug 17, 2007
That's not correct! Nigerians, let's have faith in our own things. Hitv have come to stay, they will surely get it right, let's give them a chance.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by akym(m): 3:15pm On Aug 17, 2007
@ poster,
If what u want its not what u get, then switch over to DSTV.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by bussyankee(m): 6:02pm On Aug 17, 2007
can u ask youself ow dstv was when they started? hitv will continue
to improve and eventually get better that dstv or have u forgotten
globacom services when they started, erratic to say the least but
today glo is better than mtn, so let give hitv chance to prove themself
hitv is correct tv and proudly naija beside the begining of
the end of dstv is here because no live prem. again matches again.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by A40(m): 7:03pm On Aug 17, 2007
DSTV does that sometimes but theirs can just drive someone berserk if no be premiership i would rather stick to the local channels.those guys need to step up
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by Configur(m): 7:22pm On Aug 17, 2007
am on DSTV nd dey r doing very well.i tink its cuz FSTV ND HiTV are new fellows.give dem some time and they'll improve considerably. i hope so smiley
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by bimbliss(f): 11:44pm On Aug 17, 2007
can someone kindly answer these questions

1. Why is HITV not in Abj
2. Are they aware of when the premiership season starts
3. if so what have they done in trying to ensure that the majority of nigerians see the games

i am in abj a crazy arsenal fan and i need to see those games. i am ready to pay the 3k as it is absolute chicken feed as long as i can watch the games but for the company to be solely concentrated in lagos is poor business and shows lack of foresight. An average football fan in abj will gladly pay up to 5k to see those games.

the involvement of politicians in lobbying for a nigerian company to get the right to games in nigeria is absolute crap. the bar has been raised very high and if Hitv wants to play with the big boys they have to get their act together asap
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by Egavlas(m): 12:14am On Aug 18, 2007
Hello Bimbliss, I gathered from them when i went to get connected that the system is different and not sattelite. Theirs can be likened to the GSM technology and as such, they need to install Repeter/base stations everywhere they want to operate. That is why they cant start all over Nigeria at the same time. They are still Reeling from the huge amounts paid to get The premiereship and LaLiga. However, as at last week, they were testing the sattelite package at their office and so may be able to move into other cities in a couple of weeks time so that they can at least get the subscribers watching the matches while they sort out the base stations/Repeter issues.

2) Of course they are aware of when the premiership started. We have been watching the premiership :-)

3) I dont thing Hitv would have been given the licence based on political lobyings alone. They still had to pay the money for it. It was an open bidding and hitv simply outbid DSTV to it. Dstv has been having those privileges on a platter of gold cause they made the FA premiership guys think that West and Southern Africa were not that into the premiership and so they looped Nigeria in with all other african countries and gave them.
No one should pity dstv, they had ample opportunity to bring down the fees but refused. If they had listened to people, am not sure a hitv would have arisen.
Having said that, as a user of hitv, if you just want to watch all the football you want, then hitv is good but if you need to watch other things, please stay with dstv. Hitv is not and can not be compared with dstv in terms of other quality content(for now).
But I just got hitv for football and news so am not bothered.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by brushparke(m): 2:48am On Aug 18, 2007
I suspected this Hitv wasn't going to proffer real solutions to the DSTV Quagmire. Now they look like a problem themselves that needs to be solved.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top Five Season Films. / Xmen Vs The Justice League / Goldie & Denrele Launch 'Tru Friendship' Reality Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.