Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,667 members, 7,809,518 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! (8080 Views)

Animax Tv (a 24hrs Anime Channel Launches On Hitv) / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians / Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by ayusman16(m): 9:59am On Aug 18, 2007
bussyankee:

can u ask youself ow dstv was when they started? hitv will continue
to improve and eventually get better that dstv or have u forgotten
globacom services when they started, erratic to say the least but
today glo is better than mtn, so let give hitv chance to prove themself
hitv is correct tv and proudly naija beside the begining of
the end of dstv is here because no live prem. again matches again.

I dnt dstv can be compared with hitv, dstv arre more serious minded and does not use tiwa tiwa when doing biz, and am surprised dat u can compare glo services with that of mtn, uses both network and mtn is far better, glo just uses the indigenous and political backings to make empty noise but no action, agreed, we should support our own but own seems not always ready to perform, lets not allow sentiments to cover our sense of reasoning, hitv is supposed to take adv of dstv lapses and improve to serve us better, more than two months of using hitv and av not gotten my money's worth
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by bigmeat(m): 10:20am On Aug 18, 2007
while on the issue of football/premiership does anyone have an idea of the programme or schedule on AIT and NTA, or are they not supposed to be showing some games too
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by gidig(m): 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2007
I really think that this DStv thing is overrated. A young Nigerian is bold enuf to pay for the rights of the premiership-which BTW is the mainstay of pay TV in Nigeria,not films( we no get dvd player?) or other channels. and all we are talking about is the fact that Dstv is better than it. In mu area, a guy operates a viewing centre and he was very adamant with his Dstv is better thing until last week. Dstv gave them an impression that the status quo is maintained and they all were disappointed. The man is back in business after installing his HItv.

I have followed the development of the Hitv thing for some time and I applaud it because as I said in my earlier posts, it is all about our development as a people. It just begins to trickle in just to tell Nigerians that we can do it too. Many people criticized the palms years ago but look at the success that it has become. Soon others will join in.

what every Nigerian who has a business with Nigeria should desire is that Hitv like any Nigerian driven initiative should succeed. If it does as I know it will, it says a lot about what we are capable of as a people. I know that many a class conscious people will feel that pay TV is now becoming common place through Hitv but I am interested in what it will do to our economy.

The people in Hitv are bringing channels television to a 24 hours local news channels. They have talked to LTV Lagos to create a 24 hours Yoruba channel and Ovation is creating a Unique Nigerian Society Channel. All these coming from the money that we pay, which used to go to South Africa(mostly).

I know that on this site there are main people who have given up on anything good coming out from Nigeria but let it be on record that some people have the guts to dare to make a difference.That is what Hitv means to me. I don't know the owners but as Long as they have Faith enuf to do this, they have my support.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 18, 2007
@gidig

Good talk!
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by ayusman16(m): 9:50pm On Aug 18, 2007
make we no deceive ourselves, We cant compete with the south africans, nothing good (not as if it cant0 is yet to come out of Naija, remind me if there's any?
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by bigmeat(m): 9:52pm On Aug 18, 2007
i think we are missing the issue here, the main discuss is on programming and repetition and availability to the whole of nigeria and not DSTV is better than HITV the young nigerian is a businessman and he is not in it for anything than profit and this will truly benefit the country and create jobs with the attendant spinoffs, and the question raised by bimbliss is if premiership is the mainstay of Paytv then why is it not availaable all over nigeria. Cool we should encourage nigerian to invest in the country but that does not mean we should settle for substandard product in the name of nationalism. well i learnt the HITV boys are coming into Abj and already something is on at Russel Center so i will get mine by monday. All my halla go soon end as i will be too busy watching my football full time.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by bigmeat(m): 9:58pm On Aug 18, 2007
Ayusman, I dont agree that nothing good has come out of naija, the fact that you are online and chatting and not spamming is that not a good thing? the issue here is that the south africans have a head start and Hitv needs to play catchup also the availability of required finances is also a problem for the guy, at least that i know. while we know it takes time to build a business pls lets not say nothing good has come out of this land of ours, abi u don forget glo
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by odada(m): 10:06pm On Aug 18, 2007
Na wa o! chelski liverpool tomorrow and i cant wath it on DSTV dont even know anyone around my neighbourhood that uses Hitv?and am too big to go and sit at viewing centres around my area?does that mean driving to the island everyweekend to catch these matches live?na God save them(dstv) say dem go show MAN UTD tomorrow if not i will throw a fit!
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by tommyex(m): 11:22pm On Aug 18, 2007
I HAVE ACTUALLY NOT HAD A FUNNY LOOKING ELECTRONICS GADGET LIKE THIS HITV DECODER B4,4 ME IT LOOKS LIKE AN OLD SCHOOL VHS PLAYER/VCD 2.
ANYHOW I WILL LIKE 2 CONFESS 1 MOST ANNOYING PROBLEM I AM HAVING ON D SO CALLED HELLO-HI-TV

WHEN I FIXED THE DISH(NOT TERRESTIAL ANTENNA),I COULD NOT WATCH HI-SOCCER WHICH HAS FOOTBALL,WHICH LATER CAME ON MAGICALLY ON HI-SPORTS(MAKE DM JUS ALLOW ME WATCH CHELSEA-LIVERPOOL 2MORO).
BUT NOW D TIN NO EVEN CLEAR AGAIN,IT SEEMS LIKE SOME OVER-WATCHED CD PLAYIN ON A DEAD VCD DATS BREAKDANCING.
PLS PLS PLSSSSSS DOES ANY1 HAVE THIS PROBLEM N IF DER IS A SOLUTION,AT LEAST I CAN WATCH MANU VS MANCITY WITHOUT ANY DISCO DANCE ON TV.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by Shaunscot(m): 12:07am On Aug 19, 2007
lol@tommyex
Na wah O.So them dey breakdance on top hi5 football pitch grin.
Picture Steven G dancing Tango with Frank Lamps wink
Maybe that will look/sound better
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by Dios(f): 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2007
F#ck the premiership, i wanna see rangers of enugu, enyimba, iwanyanwu national, stationery stores etc etc. BCC LIONS OF GBOKO FAN
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by bigmeat(m): 6:04pm On Aug 19, 2007
F#ck the premiership, i want to see rangers of enugu, enyimba, iwanyanwu national, stationery stores etc etc. BCC LIONS OF GBOKO FAN

Pally im sure you are still living in the past. Enugu Rangers were not able to beat 10 mugus from PH called Dolphins in a match whose only highlight was the goalkeeper, enyimba have gone down since the main man enter EFCC palaver, Iwanyanwu or what do u call them does a club exist with that name no sir it is Heartland now as for Stationery Stores unless u want the supporters to shoot u in the Back-remember Iginewari George- may his soul rest in peace. Well I'm sure you enjoy the matches but just let me have my premiership at least
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 19, 2007
Am presently having serious breaking pictures, it sometime makes me feel that am over sentimental in my positive review of this HItv thing. The truth be told, they need to seriously do something about the quality of their programme content if they want to stand any chance of poaching some die-hard subscribers of DStv. It's not all about the premiership you know!.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by kaysmith(f): 12:49am On Aug 20, 2007
guys give hitv some time, at least Rome wasnt built in a day, neither did Dstv made perfect in a day, so chill abeg

also the good news Hitv has gone DTH (direct to home) so as long u are getting dstv signals u would aslo get hitv

signals from space, (anywhere in 9ja) l heard u need to face EAST (same direction dstv's dish faces) so l believe it nw in ur court.

Now that they have most of the football rights, l believe it would attract more investors which would lead to a better

better performance and would definately be better than dstv

peace
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by ikhideman(m): 1:01am On Aug 20, 2007
Just subscribed to it dis month;u r right! Its only for live matches & even then, no match analysis at halftime & fulltime. Nigerian things always have k-leg! Just manage it since its just N3000;do something else with your time when not watching live matches.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by coolkaboom(m): 8:37am On Aug 20, 2007
u guys, stop whining.maintain ur dstv at home and simply go out to a sports bar or viewing center for ur soccer.i'm an avid football fan myself but if all i'm goin to get with hi-tv is soccer, i think i value d other stuff more, besides, wifey will kill me if she cant find afri-magic.hi-tv will eventually get their act together, but by the time they do, their premiership license would hav expired and i doubt if DSTV will allow them get it without coughing up some crazy money.i pray it doesnt happen, but peeps may be stuck with useless equipment when that time comes.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by const6(m): 10:14am On Aug 20, 2007
I listen to you all, i dont really know wot to say, you are rumbbling about DSTV like say na yesterday them come! I am indeed proud of HITV, a proudly Nigerian thing, you need to see how many people are scrambling to have this thing, you ppl really dont know what it takes to get a business started so i am not surprised. You ppl thing satellite business na beans and yam.

As for those of you that are in other parts of nigeria that dont curently get HITV thru Terrestrial, this is the solution to your problem, come to Lagos and get their equipment and get a good satellite personnel to help you connect it, they are available in Eutelsat, the same satellite with DSTV and the good news is if you have DSTV before, just get their DEcoder (Strong Decorder) and put in the frequencies and then connect another cable from teh back of teh Strong decoder to DSTV decoder and you will be receiver both of them at the same time, dats wot i do.

I am so grateful i can get live matches and good news for far cheaper price. Make DSTV go kill themselves if them no ready reduce price, them even reduce price now sef, i no want, cos their aint nothing like my live matches. tongue
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by freelance(m): 11:14am On Aug 20, 2007
I just believe we should be more patience with HITV. Since they are still
new and just like start-up companies they have their challenges as well.

Let's support our local content and be proud of what its ours.

I know they are still coming up with inititatives and programs that would be better than DSTV.

It's just a matter of time.

I believe in the HiTV dream. It's proudly Nigerian

Cheers!
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by coolkaboom(m): 11:25am On Aug 20, 2007
const6:

I listen to you all, i don't really know wot to say, you are rumbbling about DSTV like say na yesterday them come! I am indeed proud of HITV, a proudly Nigerian thing, you need to see how many people are scrambling to have this thing, you people really don't know what it takes to get a business started so i am not surprised. You people thing satellite business na beans and yam.

As for those of you that are in other parts of nigeria that don't curently get HITV through Terrestrial, this is the solution to your problem, come to Lagos and get their equipment and get a good satellite personnel to help you connect it, they are available in Eutelsat, the same satellite with DSTV and the good news is if you have DSTV before, just get their DEcoder (Strong Decorder) and put in the frequencies and then connect another cable from the back of the Strong decoder to DSTV decoder and you will be receiver both of them at the same time, that is wot i do.

I am so grateful i can get live matches and good news for far cheaper price. Make DSTV go kill themselves if them no ready reduce price, them even reduce price now sef, i no want, because their aint nothing like my live matches. tongue
man mi, u mean with d same dish, i can have both dstv and hitv in place, now that's f-king brilliant.does d dish have to be turned at all? and how much r thsy selling decoder alone?
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by dejiavu(m): 12:19pm On Aug 20, 2007
i think because hitv is a new comer they can get better @ time goes on, let'u support the idea of nigerian to make us great.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by xJaysonx(m): 3:16pm On Aug 20, 2007
Why do you guys get your buttocks work up at times. Comon man, this is a new body. It's just a matter of months and they should be solid.

Gradually man, that's the word. "Gradually".

You were supposed to know that's how a new programming body starts.

Chill out son, you will start enjoying your HITV soon.

Though, i still prefer my DSTV. wink
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by AGES(m): 10:56pm On Aug 20, 2007
It is really fun to see Nigerians whine about growth and development. we all saw what Glo did to its competition and yet doubt the potentiality of HITV, As for me and my house, HITV is our choice! if only we know what they have in stock, we would encourage them to do more.

Football or not DSTv is not the benchmark for HITV, they see through them like glass so they are not obstructed, dissuaded nor distracted. They simply remain focused at achieving their aim of unifying the Nigerian populace with what fosters peace beyond ethnic and tribal boundaries, FOOTBALL!

And guess what they are not bancrupting anyone for that, even if they have every reason to. We all saw FsTV, TITV and the likes die and MyTv wallop in abject obscurity, and some people still prefare bondage?

Repeat or no repeat, na only Lagosians sabi that factor, Abuja, PH and the likes would not mind to have just the sport package for 5k per month, !
HITV go on soun jare, even E! repeats, i'm sure by next month you will surprise all the doubting thomases we have in this country.

i beg i need decoder o, my mama no dey allow me watch football because of Hi Nolly, everything looks new to her even when i try to tell her it is a repitition!!!!!

Na una joo, no send them, me I no fit souuth,
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by const6(m): 9:56am On Aug 21, 2007
man mi, u mean with d same dish, i can have both dstv and hitv in place, now that's f-king brilliant.does d dish have to be turned at all? and how much r thsy selling decoder alone?

With the same dish, you can watch both DSTV and HITV, you dont need to move your dish, they are on the same satellite and using the same frequency.

A typical Strong decoder (MyTV and HITV uses it) cost between N10,000 - N15,000 depends on where and who gets it for you, but if you are buying from HITV direct, that na another story as their own is with their software (Name inside).

Enjoy
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by ernal(m): 10:39am On Aug 21, 2007
Cons please abeg u fit leave me Your email,I need a personnel recommendation from you that can help with both hitv and dstv together,i no mind that combo,Thanks
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by Egavlas(m): 10:59am On Aug 21, 2007
@ Const6 , If you really have done this and its working, why not contact some technicians at Hitv and suggest this to them? I mean, they wont be losing anythig since they ll still be getting their monthly subscriptions .

However, the repetition erks me but I thank God that Fox sports is back on now(Its quite an exciting channel).So when there is no live match, I can catch other sporting action on fox. I learnt they were battling about rights to some sporting events which were airing on Fox sports with Dstv. I think they have sorted that out. So we may even be able to watch Major league soccer and brasilian soccer on Fox sports. Hope Dstv doesn not have any problems with those as well.
Also, from 25th of august, the Spanish Laliga kicks off and Seria A follows the following week. This means we wont need to be watching those Manu vs Urawa fc repeats anymore cause there will be so much more Football.

I beleive its going to get better. Yes, I was really mad when Arsenal vs Blackburn match was breaking up in the first few minutes but I understand that paying for the the Premiership rights is not all they have to pay for, they also need to pay for Network Feeds. All the matches don't come from the same feeds(Telecom network).
This guys are actually bearing a lot of expenses right now(reliable source) and they need support cause the more the merrier. The more people that sign up, the better they can get.
Those of you that are on Dstv and paying 9-10k for subscription, why not downgrade to the dstv select which is about 3k or there about now per month and also get hitv which is 3k per month. This way, you will be paying less than what you were paying for the complete dstv bouquet but still get to watch all the football you need on hitv and some other great channels on dstv.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by MJAjayi(m): 11:04am On Aug 21, 2007
It is just that there is one great rule that we don't want to abide with. Everyone is an entity on its own and has its own characteristic which is different from the others. No matter what two things cann ot be the same.

HiTV is an alternative. It is not by force that we must like the same thing. A couple of years back some PayTV station came up but because of the monopoly of DSTV on EPL, they died of natural causes.

I subscribe to HITV when they promised that they will be showing EPL and La Liga and till date I am not disappointed. I was using DSTV from 2002 till December last year. They tried on their own but for me, I was managing them.

They don't care about you. Go to pay your subscription you will find people complaining and their staff showing I don't care attitude. Your decoder got spoilt they will give you a refurbished one with 3 months warranty for 10k. a day after the warranty, you pay another 10k.

In the worl apart from some European countries (maybe like 4) no other country follows EPL as we do in this country. DSTV knew this. When they went for the bidding, they bidded package B for Nigeria and Packages A&B for South Africa. This shows how they hold and respect us. HITV did not take the President to EPL to get the right, they bidded as well.

As per content, I can feel it that they will be better than DSTV considering the fact that when DSTV started as MNET they were not as good.

To me, I will pray and continue to pray for the success of HITV.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by Mongue(m): 1:03pm On Aug 21, 2007
I've been told that If I buy a dual LNB and put on my DSTV dish I can get the HITV decoder and have both at once. Although apparently at the moment the satellite is not getting any reception. Does anyone have it working at the moment?

Does anyone now what kind of SPORTS they show in FOX SPORTS?
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by dezman77(m): 3:39pm On Aug 21, 2007
This discussion is cool but we need to be objective and purposeful in all opinions: the Dstv you guys are talking about started with just 5 channels about 15years ago, today the have a good array of programmes and channels which exhibits growth no doubt. But they were not being given a good run in terms of competition, they decided on how much we Nigerians have to pay to watch EPL at a price almost 3 times the amount paid in their homeland.

Hitv is less than 2years old with over 12 channels, with broadcast rights for EPL showing 8 matches a week compared to the 15year old Dstv thats shows only 2 matches a week, thats a statement on its own. and then at a much more affordable price. What we need to do now is encourage our home company not to rest on its oars but keep rowing against all currents and get better.

This just reminds me of the days when only about 3 houses on a street had videos and kids now resume in the neighbours house to watch movies, until the Asians came along with mass production of VCD, DVD and the likes now almost every home has a form of movie watching product, for cable TV Hitv just did the same, mass production of entertainment at a very affordable price, just N3,000 per month and N4,000 per month for the sports package

They need to be encouraged not compared to an older extortist company,
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by ayusman16(m): 6:21pm On Aug 21, 2007
Dis HITV headache na wao, is anybody having probs withn E! (HAs not bee showin 4 sm days now), Nolly and Hi Mix,Dovestation, (always cracking, and takes time popuating on the screen)
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by ayusman16(m): 8:16pm On Aug 21, 2007
somebody just installed hitv n guess what, he's gat eurosport, can anybody confirm theirs??
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 21, 2007
are you sureabout that!

about your other complain, i think it's like that with most pple, and i believe they should be aware of the problem and working towards resolving it.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by ayusman16(m): 9:12pm On Aug 21, 2007
Always workin on it abi?? Dem seems not know the magnitude of the market they are facing, And please STOP telling us to support our own, dats hypocritical i guess cos if u r sure, u would be installing hitv to watch Rangers of Enugu, Enyimba and Nassarawa FC and not the foreign premiership, wat do u think would happen if dey should allow both coy (hitv and dstv) same rights to the aire the premiership?? Dont ask, as Dbanj!! cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Xmen Vs The Justice League / Top Five Season Films. / Goldie & Denrele Launch 'Tru Friendship' Reality Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.