Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,771 members, 7,959,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:07 PM

HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! (8323 Views)

Animax Tv (a 24hrs Anime Channel Launches On Hitv) / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians / Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by Egavlas(m): 9:27pm On Aug 21, 2007
The hi nolly, hi mix, and those stations that are breaking up are really pissing me. I want to support them but somethings just need to be done. About the Eurosport, are u sure? If so let me head over there immediately and demand mine. Also, I think we should start to form a HITV consumer group here to point them in the right direction and tell them where they are pissing ppl off. I watched Fox sports for two days but just this afternoon, I cant see it anymore. I dont know if there is an event going on now that has territorial restrictions. Also, we need to know what happened to E!
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 22, 2007
why not?, we can get a thread for that purpose solely or is it againt any nairaland rules?.

@ayusman16,you are getting harder on these guys everyday, pls calm down, though i understand the frustration after so much expectation and please barnish the thought that you may not pay for your subscption when due (many guys are already feeling like that in my neigbourhood)!.

To all, i pray that things get better. Deep inside me, i want them to succed and shame the south africans after all their attempts to frustrate the coming up of hitv.

Am not holding brief for them (they are should have someone like segun fayose to be doing that for them), am just a regular nigerian that wants anything labelled "Proudly Nigerian" to work.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by Vickivicki(m): 9:02am On Aug 22, 2007
Hello people,
We really need to be proudly nigerian,but fact remains that you can't bring back the hand of the clock just as your subscription is whining away. Quite certain we are heading somewhere we shall be in no distance time(i.e as per Hitv programme.
Mailed their customer service if i can get decoder/smart card surprisingly answer was nay.Can anyone kindly tell me the total number of channels that are on presently terrestial cum sattellite will appreciate,ayusman i trust u can do that for me.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by const6(m): 10:25am On Aug 22, 2007
Cons please abeg u fit leave me Your email,I need a personnel recommendation from you that can help with both hitv and dstv together,i no mind that combo,Thanks

Yea, you can watch both without any dual LNB like someone said, HITV and DSTV use the same LNB and on the same satellite, so all you do is get HITV decoder or any STrong decoder and put in their frequency, you will receive both simultaneously.

@ Const6 , If you really have done this and its working, why not contact some technicians at Hitv and suggest this to them? I mean, they wont be losing anythig since they ll still be getting their monthly subscriptions .

They know it will work, i guess they opted for Eutesat cos they know people might not want to just drop their DSTV and run to HITV, so they want it to work without moving your dish or something sha, but going to their technicians might not be it, cos it wont help them in anyway as they will never put that in their advert - advertising for a made company like DSTV? bad idea.

Take you all and rally around this indigenous company that will take pay tv to another level in this country, i am so happy watching this people.

As for you that dont get what other are getting now, like Fox and Eurosport, re-scan you decoder and it will be there.

Peace
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by const6(m): 10:26am On Aug 22, 2007
Yea, forget, my email address is in my profile or simply copy here sinewyconst@yahoo.com
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by ayusman16(m): 11:10am On Aug 22, 2007
const6:

Yea, you can watch both without any dual LNB like someone said, HITV and DSTV use the same LNB and on the same satellite, so all you do is get HITV decoder or any STrong decoder and put in their frequency, you will receive both simultaneously.

They know it will work, i guess they opted for Eutesat because they know people might not want to just drop their DSTV and run to HITV, so they want it to work without moving your dish or something sha, but going to their technicians might not be it, because it wont help them in anyway as they will never put that in their advert - advertising for a made company like DSTV? bad idea.

Take you all and rally around this indigenous company that will take pay tv to another level in this country, i am so happy watching this people.

As for you that don't get what other are getting now, like Fox and Eurosport, re-scan you decoder and it will be there.

Peace

Am using the cable option and av rescanned several times and it's not still showing,
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by const6(m): 11:13am On Aug 22, 2007
Am using the cable option and av rescanned several times and it's not still showing,

I am talking about the satellite one, i havent seen anybody using the cable as its not working in my area, so my area is filled with those using satellite and once u rescan, you can get those that werent there before
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by sojioguns(m): 1:42pm On Aug 22, 2007
I really don't get Nigerians. The truth is there is no digital satellite bouquet that is better than Dstv in Africa. Forget the so-called high subscription rates. There are enough channels to chose from. I CANNOT pay 3000 naira (although it is beer money) for just premiership, and me not being an ardent soccer fan. My opinion is Hitv is SHIT!
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by moondust(m): 2:07pm On Aug 22, 2007
@poster
dont u have anything else doing than sit there and notice all the repetitions on TV? angry
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by sojioguns(m): 2:10pm On Aug 22, 2007
@moondust
He is just expressing his dissatisfaction with the service provider. i would do the same.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by austino100(m): 3:11pm On Aug 22, 2007
grin since you guys are complaning of repetition of program Try MYTV they are better atleast
their monthly subscription is #2000 plus free to Air channels.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by MJAjayi(m): 3:50pm On Aug 22, 2007
Hi Sojioguns,

I don't know when you got your DSTV but to take you back just some years back.

DSTV was MNET and they don't have enough channels to compete with NTA.

They are now better, thanks to monthly subscription they got from largely Nigerians.

Sorry you are not a football fan but it is not about football alone. We should be thanking HiTV for breaking the monopoly of DSTV. Because of this monopoly they had we were treated as trash.

I will challenge anyone to tell me how DSTV had helped push back into our economy either through their Nigerian person or the company as a whole.

They have a single office with less than 30 staff. Their staff are not well paid and they take all the money to SA.

Let think smart and act smart.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by sojioguns(m): 4:11pm On Aug 22, 2007
@MJAjayi
I must commend your analysis. All I am saying is thinking like an end user, DStv provides a better package. Period.
As regards the putting back money into our economy, yeah Finance minister threatened them last year, thus they brought Big Brother nigeria. Do you think they just like our country to bring the next Big brother here?
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by yhemmi(f): 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2007
I guess i can say am truely sorry for all ur complaints but God catch una. When DSTV de go jeje, Hi TV or whatever they are called came in ang spoiled the show. If they came in as a competition, it would have been better but they came with beefs for DSTV, they didnt even do a survey or test run on their equipments.

Has anyone called their head office lately? They dont even have enough equipments. You have to que and wait for a week. Their decoder or whatever they call it doesnt work when rain falls. In fact there r just too many complaint. Its not just about the price, Nigerians need to appreciate Quality and not Quantity.

They dont even have documentaries, whatever happened to Crime and investigation, Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, etc. Its not all about films and football is it??

So u now see that therez always the "nigerian factor".

MAKE UNA GO BUY DSTV JARE?
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by MJAjayi(m): 4:44pm On Aug 22, 2007
I understand you Sojioguns but one thing here is that people like me are not comparing nor puting quality cum channels side by side.

What is happenning here is alternative. It is happening in every sector of life. Brother you and I cannot compare Kia to Mercedes but it is an alternative.

In England on this same issue of EPL, Sky enjoys the monopoly but company like Setana can now show some games and they are shouting to high heavens about their achievement. Do you want to compare Sky to Setana, nope that will be a great injustice.

Yhemmi, it is not about beef, I know if not all of us posting here doesn't work nor have a relation working in any of the company. But we are just expressing ourselves.

Talking about working when raining, DSTV doesn't show neither.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by jibolala(m): 5:19pm On Aug 22, 2007
HITV is a good alternative to DSTV.However, they need to improve their content.Their repetition is too much.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by sojioguns(m): 10:25pm On Aug 22, 2007
On the issue of alternative, Hitv is no alternative to Dstv as Kia is no alternative to Mercedes. If i am looking for performance, i cant compare Kia to mercedes but if i am looking for functionality, of course I can compare. If i am looking for qualitative and educative programming, i cant compare Hitv to Dstv but if i am just looking for anything not Nigerian, then i cam compare. You see the difference?
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by ayusman16(m): 10:53am On Aug 23, 2007
HITV can never be alternative to DSTV, (maybe in 20yrs times) angry
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by champredd(m): 3:59pm On Aug 23, 2007
Why will HiTV not be an alternative DsTV.

That is how people are belittling Glo when they first started, in the technological-oriented industries, nobody is the master. Or how did google came from behind and completely overshadowed Yahoo
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by Vickivicki(m): 4:06pm On Aug 23, 2007
ayusman16:

HITV can never be alternative to DSTV, (maybe in 20yrs times) angry
ayus na wa 4 u o! make u pity them bo. But i gave u a job to do 4 me i.e giv me a channel brkdown.
thanx man,xpect u'l do.
champredd:

Why will HiTV not be an alternative DsTV.

That is how people are belittling Glo when they first started, in the technological-oriented industries, nobody is the master. Or how did google came from behind and completely overshadowed Yahoo
What u should know is that all dis thing na pepper matter,dem get enough pepper lik da S.A people? Though, i wish to see them suceed more than they are right now.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by champredd(m): 4:16pm On Aug 23, 2007
They have more than enough opportunities to expand in Naija than any other parts of Africa. Capital resources, enough people to form a large customer base, are just two of reasons they can be the best if they have a good management.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by ayusman16(m): 10:14pm On Aug 23, 2007
Vickivicki:

ayus na wa for you o! make u pity them bo. But i gave u a job to do 4 me i.e giv me a channel brkdown.
thanx man,xpect u'l do.
1. HI-Nolly: Showing but very epileptic (na 4pm til like 1am dem dey show)
2. Hi-Sport:
3. Hi-Mix: Dem dey repeat about 4 films
4. E!:Stopped showing for about a wk now
5. Hi-life: Gospel and very old The Jefferson
6. hi-ovation,
7. Hi-biz,
8. LBC: not showing
9. FoxSport: Showing
10. Skynews, Eurosport News: Only On newpaper ads
11. MTV base
12. Nigezie
13. Art, just vanished into the thin air
14. CNN
15. BBC
16. HI SOccer
17. God of Africa
18 DOvevision
19. Hi kid, stopped showing for about a wk now
Please note that only about four of those stations run 4 24hrs, if not for premiership; i dont anybodt would subscribe to them, please guys am not anti=nigeria but must we always mess up when we've got where to copy from and provide substandard services, would contibue bashing them until they situp, wink wink
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 24, 2007
I re-scanned yesterday, and i saw they've added Pastor's Christ Loveworld Channel, (disgusting!) I never bargained for this.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 24, 2007
Dovevision, GodAfrica, Loveworld, Hi Life (Pastor Bimbo), all christians programme and none for muslim faithful, what message are they passing accross.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by olapoint1(m): 12:42pm On Aug 24, 2007
Nigerians are very difficult people.Why can't we for once appreciate what is our own?Do you think DSTV is here to help improve the Nigeria economy?.They are using our good naira  to develop their own country.Have you forgotten how we were all crazy about American musics some years ago but today look at our entertainment industry,i can not remember when last i bought foreign music selections.We say Nigeria is a great country with great people,i believe HITV will be big enough to capture South Africa market.What im saying in essence is for us to give them all the support they need,let us patronise them.I have a dream that by December this year we will all forget about DSTV patapata.Thanks God bless Nigeria
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by sojioguns(m): 1:13pm On Aug 24, 2007
I think we should stop talking about making such a big change. It s not easy and it takes time and a lot of money. My beef with Hitv is they are coming out saying they want to give Dstv a run for their money. The truth is if you dont have the capacity to rub shoulders with the big boys, then create your niche and work at it. Get the funding.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by tkb417(m): 4:05pm On Aug 24, 2007
HiTv should just upp the standards. i can combine both cos the only reason why im stickin to HiTv is cos of premiership games. DstV has got all other stuffs. But its annoying dat we cant see these games anymore on DstV. all the pre-match analysis, all the jingles about big games coming up. all has gone. i leant HiTv has got the license for 5years. im thinking of relocating,
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by champredd(m): 6:50pm On Aug 24, 2007
ilugunboy:

Dovevision, GodAfrica, Loveworld, Hi Life (Pastor Bimbo), all christians programme and none for muslim faithful, what message are they passing accross.
Our Muslim brothers should just talk to them, they can also sponsor their own channel.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by tboy81(m): 7:02pm On Aug 24, 2007
You guys are 'scaring' me with all these complaints, cos i was intending to get HiTV next month.

Anyway sha, looks like i still have no option since they'll be showing MORE of the matches for now.

From what i read, the premiership right is for 3 years (not 5)
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by ayusman16(m): 10:31am On Aug 25, 2007
tboy81:

You guys are 'scaring' me with all these complaints, because i was intending to get HiTV next month.

Anyway sha, looks like i still have no option since they'll be showing MORE of the matches for now.

From what i read, the premiership right is for 3 years (not 5)

U dont av to be scared, atleast u would enjoy premiership, but be ready to bear with epileptic services that most Nigeria's coy arre known for, but atleast u dey support our own (which is bullshit)
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by Vickivicki(m): 12:42am On Aug 26, 2007
@ ayus
Thanx man,appreciate u. One day we'll be PROUDLY NIGERIAN.
E go beta,peace.
Re: HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy! by niyi09(m): 9:11am On Aug 27, 2007
please i want to know whats up with hitv and i want to know if there services are still bleeped up or if they are improving

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LASG, Ebonylife Academy Produce Another Batch Of Trainees In Film Production / Carreteras Secundarias 1997 Aka Backroads 1997 English Subtitles / Nkiru Sylvanus Vs Benita Nzeribe Who Is More Beautiful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.