Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,048 members, 7,810,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? (7571 Views)

Buhari To Complete Zik Mausoleum / Soyinka's Comment Was Pro Igbo Not Anti Igbo- Sule Ahmed / Breaking! Pro-igbo Newly Registered UPP Party Seek Coalition With Apc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by volasunkan: 1:23am On Aug 07, 2011
I was just wondering how come Zik was being labelled pro-Nigeria when in specific terms,I cant seem to place any particular acheivement(s) of Zik that qualify him for it as I cant single out a particularly significant thing he did as Nigeria's 1st president,rather methinks,in terms of acheivement,he did more as eastern premier than being nigerian ceremonial president!so Zik in practical terms did more for ndigbo than for Nigeria so ndigbo should apreciate him even more than Ojukwu who rather than build on the acheivement of zik destroyed all in the name of seeking secession for ndigbo by violent means,
zik is more of an igbo leader than a nigerian leader,that most igbos think otherwise cant change anything.
Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by seanet02: 1:51am On Aug 07, 2011
Maybe you meant His aches? Yeah i think he was actually Nigerian first Political figure to be found guilty of corruption.
He used government money for his family Bank running cost

1 Like

Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by EkoIle1: 2:20am On Aug 07, 2011
He was the first Nigerian to distribute pamphlet at the UN .
Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by RoadStar: 2:57pm On Aug 07, 2011
He had no acheivents that had National implications in Nigeria but he was

First head of state, First president , First senate president of one African country.

And whats the country again ?  cheesy
Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by chino11(m): 5:21pm On Aug 07, 2011
This is the mystery that needs your ancestors to explain to you. Great Zik is a Pan African, a legend who things about him will almost take the rest your life on earth to fathom. Great Zik was not ordinary like the rest of them as your Awalaowoa. As a small mind you need to ask colonial masters why Great Zik was made the first President of Nigeria, why the FG has honoured and immortalized him so much more than any other mortal in the annals of Nigerian history- the best airport in Nigeria was named after him, the 2nd to highest bank note of Nigeria, the major roads in all the major Nigerian cities if not all are names after him, his name alone appeared on the Nigerian constitution, his resting place (Onitsha, Anambra state) as well as him birthday place (Niger state) has been undertaken to by the FG unlike every other nationalist and above all he is called the Great Zik of Africa. Go and find out for yourself why all this honor for this singular individual, cause it doesn't come by chance nor laziness. These are great posers for you.

1 Like

Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 07, 2011
This is like asking "What is ojukwu's achievement?"
Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by russellino: 5:50pm On Aug 07, 2011
in 1957 the s.west and s.east were virtually independent, he had the clout to ask for an independent east or southern nigeria. Instead he chose to wait for the north to get their own independence in 1959. Completely flawed decision with the benefit of hindsight but I guess it was "pro-nigerian" thing to do
Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by EkoIle1: 6:15pm On Aug 07, 2011
Lol @ the same nationlist BS, some people are just too dumb and worse than elementary school kids, they asked you list something and these clowns are still talking about nationalist. What da hell is nationalist? Did NIgerias elected or apointed him to be a nationalist? Is that nonsense is a job?

The incompetent federal government relented and gave a fake promise to give the man that you people neglected and bury in a dump because you people are to lazy and incompetent to give another ibo man tbat you love to brag abou a decent grave even like millions of other nigerians and even 16 years later the mans grave site is stil a dump.

The thoughtless and incompetent zik is responsible for the mess we are in right now, his incompetency and selfishnes set us on a dangerous path, he did not deliver anything on behalf of Nigerians and even his own people, he was so useles that even when the country was burning, the lazy coward ran and stayed away like a little girl, very typical ibo syndrom just like the other coward ojukwu and the millions who refused to stay and develop their towns and villages and instead ranf off to leech on other nigerian/other regions for survival.

Other regions gave their heroes the best grave sites, museums and libraries because they have good sense of pride and worth and have great respect for their heroes, their heroes are not in refuse dump like yours because they are not lazy and incompetent like you people, they didn't sit on their hands and let their heroes rot in some refuse dumps.

Shameless people.

1 Like

Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by NegroNtns(m): 6:19pm On Aug 07, 2011
<quote>

As a small mind you need to ask colonial masters why Great Zik was made the first President of Nigeria,

</quote>

We know why; the colonialist needed someone comfortable in a puppet role. Awo was not, he challenged the colonialists calim of superiority.

If you were the CEO of a company in which you own 80% shares and you are retiring but need to retain control, who would you hand over control to, the executive who many believe is the best and most competent to take the company forward but who on numerous occassions had questioned your high stock ownership and the legality of your interest or another less competent executive that is a free-going spirit and has nurtured interest to increase your stock by additional 10%?

Zik's interest in nationalism is to sustain the British interest of 1914 - it was too costly to manage both Northern and Southern interests, cojoin them. Awo wanted separation, a de-congregation, long before East had a clue what was going on. Zik wanted that congregation of North and South to continue for the British interests.

So who do you think colonialists favored as President?

1 Like

Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by russellino: 6:19pm On Aug 07, 2011
@ eko ile - grow up
Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by NegroNtns(m): 6:23pm On Aug 07, 2011
Eko ile, tell 'em!

Eh, rusellino, leave that guy alone. Let him preach!
Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by seanet02: 6:26pm On Aug 07, 2011
russellino:

@ eko ile - grow up
You shut the MFC up, he will grow up when you put Zik's corpse where it belongs, in the Thrash can.
Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by russellino: 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2011
@ seanet -abeg wetin be "mfc". people should try to discuss in ways that don't always come across as antagonistic or crass. Negro ntns has communicated his position logically and its definitely one to ponder over. I'm not a zik fan by any stretch of the imagination. The man was like ironsi, no guile, ignoring clear signs etc
Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by aljharem3: 6:58pm On Aug 07, 2011
chino11:

This is the mystery that needs your ancestors to explain to you. Great Zik is a Pan African, a legend who things about him will almost take the rest your life on earth to fathom. Great Zik was not ordinary like the rest of them as your Awalaowoa. As a small mind you need to ask colonial masters why Great Zik was made the first President of Nigeria, why the FG has honoured and immortalized him so much more than any other mortal in the annals of Nigerian history- the best airport in Nigeria was named after him, the 2nd to highest bank note of Nigeria, the major roads in all the major Nigerian cities if not all are names after him, his name alone appeared on the Nigerian constitution, his resting place (Onitsha, Anambra state) as well as him birthday place (Niger state) has been undertaken to by the FG unlike every other nationalist and above all he is called the Great Zik of Africa. Go and find out for yourself why all this honor for this singular individual, cause it doesn't come by chance nor laziness. These are great posers for you.

Murtala has been given better honours

head of state

most popular note in Nigeria currency

Most used airport in West africa

major road in lagos (commercial capital) and abuja ( FCT) are name after murtala

The car he die in is used as a museum till today

etc so what is you point ?

1 Like

Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by EkoIle1: 7:09pm On Aug 07, 2011
russellino:

@ eko ile - grow up

Find something meaningful to contribute to the thread or kindly keep your rubbish to yourself.
Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by russellino: 8:03pm On Aug 07, 2011
Childish
Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by okstol: 8:29pm On Aug 07, 2011
@Eko ile, what's wrong in having a conversation devoid of name-calling? Plz stop dis mess of a character.
Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by chino11(m): 8:55pm On Aug 07, 2011
Eko Ile, where have you been when Al mustafa is bringing all your yoroobah leaders to judgement grin grin grin grin including your treasonable and foolish Awalaowoa. You guys are shameless, great Zik has been made great by God Almighty and he will continue to be great ahead of all the yoorobah tribes put together. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I have been looking out for you to comment on the bribery your yoroobah leaders took to handover abioala to the ordinary almajiri to be slaughtered.

Read: http://odili.net/news/source/2011/aug/5/309.html

Al-Mustapha had also alleged in the letter that the Chief Ige appointment as Attorney General of the Federation was aimed at rewarding him for the unconscious role he played in Abiola's murder.

"Unknown to you sir, you were made to deny people their rights even though they knew that you were one of the leading figures in human rights struggle in Nigeria, The same blood money given to the Yoruba leaders the day after Abiola was murdered was also used in paying the media," the letter read.

See what the most despicable, wicked, devilish and most backward tribe on earth has done to itself
Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by chino11(m): 8:57pm On Aug 07, 2011
alj_harem:

head of state

major road in lagos (commercial capital) and abuja ( FCT) are name after murtala

You are ordinary aboki, you lack coherency. In todays Nigeria how many people still remembers or talks about Murtala the way Great Ziks names rings bell
Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by EkoIle1: 9:21pm On Aug 07, 2011
okstol:

@Eko ile, what's wrong in having a conversation devoid of name-calling? Plz stop dis mess of a character.

I don't remember calling you any names or stopped you from having your name calling devoid conversation so find something better to contribute to the topic or get out ot the thread with your pointles and attention seeking rubbish.
Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by Eziachi: 9:58pm On Aug 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

This is like asking "What is ojukwu's achievement?"
Many times I had tried to make a mental picture of what you look like. Why? Your deep rooted hate for anything Ndigbo is mind boggling.
I will pay to watch a scenario where a doctor told you that you needed blood transfusion or Heart/Liver transplant to live- The donor could be one of your nemesis!!

1 Like

Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 07, 2011
Eziachi:

Many times I had tried to make a mental picture of what you look like. Why? Your deep rooted hate for anything Ndigbo is mind boggling.
I will pay to watch a scenario where a doctor told you that you needed blood transfusion or Heart/Liver transplant to live- The donor could be one of your nemesis!!

Why should i hate anything Ndigbo? Was I alive during whatever war you ppl continue to post everyday?
I only answer to those that seem fit to post garbage about God's own Yoruba ppl. So enough of the sentiments.

Now, asking about ojukwu's achievement is the same as asking for Zik's, that's accepting that ojukwu does not represent everything Ndigbo. But then I may be wrong.
Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by Eziachi: 10:04pm On Aug 07, 2011
volasunkan:

I was just wondering how come Zik was being labelled pro-Nigeria when in specific terms,I cant seem to place any particular acheivement(s) of Zik that qualify him for it as I cant single out a particularly significant thing he did as Nigeria's 1st president,rather methinks,in terms of acheivement,he did more as eastern premier than being nigerian ceremonial president!so Zik in practical terms did more for ndigbo than for Nigeria so ndigbo should apreciate him even more than Ojukwu who rather than build on the acheivement of zik destroyed all in the name of seeking secession for ndigbo by violent means,
zik is more of an igbo leader than a nigerian leader,that most igbos think otherwise cant change anything.
So from your high horse, you can now even tell Ndigbo how they should think?
If by now you cannot place Zik's achievement with Nigeria, ask some Kenyans for example what it takes to end British empire on their land.
Our premier of Michael Okpara, not Zik your president.

1 Like

Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by Eziachi: 10:10pm On Aug 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Why should i hate anything Ndigbo? Was I alive during whatever war you ppl continue to post everyday?
I only answer to those that seem fit to post garbage about God's own Yoruba ppl. So enough of the sentiments.

Now, asking about ojukwu's achievement is the same as asking for Zik's, that's accepting that ojukwu does not represent everything  Ndigbo. But then I may be wrong.
It doesn't take anything from me if you hate Ndigbo or love them, just worried about how much energy you spent talking about Ndigbo all the time with venom. I know for a fact that it take 10 times energy to hate than to be happy.
And I just read today that you are a lady- Just thinking that you can actually becomes someone's wife or mother? Is quite scary. Nairaland or no Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by Eziachi: 10:17pm On Aug 07, 2011
alj_harem:

head of state

What is the criterial of naming stuff after people in Nigeria, of which Murtala excelled beyond others like Zik, Aminu Kano, Waziri Ibrahim, Awolowo etc?
Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 07, 2011
Eziachi:

It doesn't take anything from me if you hate Ndigbo or love them, just worried about how much energy you spent talking about Ndigbo all the time with venom. I know for a fact that it take 10 times energy to hate than to be happy.
And I just read today that you are a lady- Just thinking that you can actually becomes someone's wife or mother?  Is quite scary. Nairaland or no Nairaland.

If it doesnt take anything for you to perceive a delusion of grandeur, then you should not worry about it. After a goodnight rest, your delusion will slowly vaporize.

I'm currently a wife and a mother. Anything is possible.

Now back to the question; What is ojukwu's achievement except for planting the seed of hate into the generations of Igbo that will follow his? I've yet to meet any Igbo on NL who have no hate for anything Yoruba or hausa/Fulani. And in circumstances where they can "tolerate" those other ethnicity, it's usually because they're mixed or diluted with Yoruba blood.
Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by Eziachi: 10:38pm On Aug 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

If it doesnt take anything for you to perceive a delusion of grandeur, then you should not worry about it. After a goodnight rest, your delusion will slowly vaporize.

Now back to the question; What is ojukwu's achievement except for planting the seed of hate into the generations of Igbo that will follow his? I've yet to meet any Igbo on NL who have no hate for anything Yoruba or hausa/Fulani. And in circumstances where they can "tolerate" those other ethnicity, it's usually because they're mixed or diluted with Yoruba blood.
Don't you worry, I don't joke with my goodnight sleep. As for delusional, I like delusion, its far better than hate and kill/bury attitude to life. In this present system, e all need to be delusional sometimes of or we will use the ground to shelter ourselves.
As for Ojukwu's achievement, that less important to me than what for dinner for tonight and also among least on scale of preferences.
If you are that desperate to know, if they didn't teach you that at school, then you should consult the entertaining wikipedia. I am sure will tell you to the best of their knowledge and make sure you make some donation afterward.
Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by chino11(m): 10:43pm On Aug 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

What deadly seed could more dangerous than the one perpetrated by the yoorobah leader, your leader collected bribe to have abiola executed by the almajiris. What could be more disheartening and psycophantic and devlilish as that?? Answer me. You guys will leave the most troubling and you here talking rubbish. Just look at the how Almustafa has reduced the whole yorobah tribe to rubble. It is time for sober reflection and your here exuding idiotic.
Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 07, 2011
Eziachi:

Don't you worry, I don't joke with my goodnight sleep. As for delusional, I like delusion, its far better than hate and kill/bury attitude to life. In this present system, e all need to be delusional sometimes of or we will use the ground to shelter ourselves.
As for Ojukwu's achievement, that less important to me than what for dinner for tonight and also among least on scale of preferences.
If you are that desperate to know, if they didn't teach you that at school, then you should consult the entertaining wikipedia. I am sure will tell you to the best of their knowledge and make sure you make some donation afterward.

Since you do not have the answer, as usual, I'll repost the question again. Try as you may to ignore. I know that it can be that hard since it's Ileke-Idi on the other end of the sword.

Question:
Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 07, 2011
chino11:

What deadly seed could more dangerous than the one perpetrated by the yoorobah leader, your leader collected bribe to have abiola executed by the almajiris. What could be more disheartening and psycophantic and devlilish as that?? Answer me. You guys will leave the most troubling and you here talking rubbish. Just look at the how Almustafa has reduced the whole yorobah tribe to rubble. It is time for sober reflection and your here exuding idiotic.

Same rubbish post all over again.

How come Igbos do not know ojukwu's influence? According to what has been posted on NL, ojukwu represented everything Igbo, while Awolowo's main interest was the good of his own people. We know what influence Awolowo had, but no one knows ojukwu's. Interesting.

Zik, I believe wanted a united and powerful Africa. Igbos felt betrayed by him because he was not as ethnocentric as ojukwu, no?
Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by okstol: 10:50pm On Aug 07, 2011
@Ileke-idi, why can't u spend a little time with ur hubby and kids? Or are u dat jobless to have spent better half of ur life in nairaland?
Re: What Are Zik's Acheivement That Made Him Pro-nigeria And Not Pro-igbo? by EkoIle1: 11:00pm On Aug 07, 2011
Eziachi:

So from your high horse, you can now even tell Ndigbo how they should think?
If by now you cannot place Zik's achievement with Nigeria, ask some Kenyans for example what it takes to end British empire on their land.
Our premier of Michael Okpara, not Zik your president.

Your deceptive post only highlights the fact that even you are incapable of listing anything. Your insinuations about kenya and independence sounds really bogus and ridiculous, we are talking about nigerian and not kenya and if I might add, the fight for our independence was not limited to zik other notable nigerians contributed and fought the same fight.

please let's stop with the fake and deceptive answers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dear Nigerians, This Is Not Our National Flag (see Photos) / Timipre Sylva: Petroleum Industry Bill Ready For National Assembly / President Buhari Presides Over FEC Meeting, Receives Briefing From INEC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.