Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,254 members, 7,829,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Always Shoot Your Shot Early - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Always Shoot Your Shot Early (3147 Views)

Once A Fine Girl Shows These 3 Signs – Just Shoot Your Shot! No Waste Time. / Once You Notice A Girl Showing These 3 Signs – Just Shoot Your Shot / Feminists, When Last Did You Shoot Your Shot?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Always Shoot Your Shot Early by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 23, 2022
While trying to explain to the driver that I left my wallet at home, she came to my rescue and quickly paid the money to avoid any further embarrassment from the already livid driver.

I was bemused by her action and I gladly thanked her for coming to my aid.

We parted only to meet again in a lecture hall. It was then I got to know that she is my coursemate, and a beautiful friendship started.

She was everything a man could want in a woman. She was all shades of awesomeness.

Gloria!

The lady who showed me what true love was. She showed me the joy of having someone who you truly loved. We were best of friends.

We were so close, our coursemates thought we were dating.

Oh, well. I wanted that, too... I mean, I always wanted to date her and have her all to myself, but I was scared of what she will say...

I was scared that she would not reciprocate my love.

What if she thinks I'm trying to play her,
What if she stop being friends with me... No, I can't afford to loose a friendship like hers.

She was an epitome of beauty. Smart, ambitious, industrious and most importantly, caring.

She was the kind of woman I fantasized spending the rest of my life with. The last person I see before I sleep, and the first person I see when I wake up, my forever partner.

The person I want to go on the journey of love with. The only one i want to grow old with.

But, I was just too scared to let my feelings show.

So our friendship only ended at the, "bestie" level. People actually thought she was the love of my life... What can I say? She was the love of my life, but I didn't know if she felt the same way about me.

After our convocation from the university, as if fate was on my side, we were posted to the same state to serve our fatherland.

I was posted as a teacher to a secondary school, and she was posted to a reputable accounting firm as a junior accountant.

Though we will be far from each other, we always found a way to see... At least three times a week.

I read books and watched tutorials on how to woo a lady... Crazy, right? I know.

I'd feel so motivated after watching such videos, but when I come to see her face I'd be so awestruck, my tongue gets tied.

I love her. Heaven knows that I do. But would fear let me show? No.

I didn't know how to tell her that I truly loved, and wanted to wife her.

How do I tell this woman that I want her to be by my side, in my quest to conquer the world.

The day we did our POP, I promised myself to propose to her... I even bought a ring. I practiced what I saw in a video so many times, just to make sure I didn't do the wrong thing.

I decided to call her and ask to meet. Before I even failed her number, her call came through. She sounded excited as she said, "I would love us to meet in the evening. I have some good news for you."

My excitement matched hers as I told her I wanted to see her, too.

She agreed to meet at our usual place later in the evening.

That evening immediately she saw me, she hugged me and with joy written all over her face, she said, "I've been seeing a guy. We met at the form where I work. Guess what? He proposed to me, and I said yes... Your girl would be getting married soon!"

That evening, I felt like the whole world stopped. It hurt so much, I thought someone reached inside my chest, and pulled my heart out. The wall were closing in, I felt the darkness settling over me.

I came back to reality when I heard her voice, "So bestie, what is the surprise you said you had for me?" As she softly slapped my chest.

Wait. I couldn't tell her that I loved her anymore. All I could do was be happy for her, "nothing special babe, I just want to tell you that I have gotten a job" I replied ruefully.

"Wow... That calls for a celebration, this is double celebration", she said giggling

My heart was crumbling, but I gave her the best smile I could muster...

24th May 2016

I will never forget that day. It was her wedding day.

My one true love was taken away from me, and there was nothing I could do. She was kissing someone else, and I had no right to stop them. It hurt so much, I had to lie about being sick to excuse myself.

That night, she called me to asked me if I was fine as she was told that I couldn't wait till the end of the wedding because I was sick... After a short, and sweet conversation, I wished her a happy married life.
I hung up, and cried myself to sleep.

Day turned to week, weeks to months, and months to years.

Overtime, it felt like I died. I wasn't myself anymore, nothing really excited me. I tried to date someone else in a bid to forget her, but it didn't work. I could not love anyone else... There's no one else for me.

Three years after her wedding, I received a phone call from a strange number,

"Hello... Is this uncle Adewale?" A female voice asked calmy from the other end.

"Yes... Please who am I speaking with", I inquired.

"This is Excel, Gloria's younger sister", she replied.

My heart skipped a beat as her name was mentioned, "Oh! Good evening ma'am. How is Gloria?" I asked, still surprised that her younger sister would call me.

She sobbed, "We lost her, she died this morning during childbirth. We are just glad the baby is alive. She died immediately after the baby came, because she lost so much blood" and broke down in tears...

I couldn't believe what I just heard. No, not my own Gloria. Why did this have to happen?

Watching her be with someone else was better. God, why did this have to happen?

On the day of her burial, I wasn't myself. I couldn't control the tears that were freely flowing from my eyes.

I lost her twice.

Looking at her beautiful oval face for the last time, "I love you and I am really sorry I couldn't prove it to you till you died" was all I could manage to say...

The next day, I went to her family house to pay my last respect.

After a while, her diary was brought out by her younger sister, "Gloria said when she dies, I should read this dairy to the world."

While Excel was reading through her diary, I got to know more about her pain and some of her past experiences in relationships. When she was alive, she always didn't like talking about it.

Then in one of the pages she wrote,

"From the day I saw him at the park, I fell in love with him. I don't know if this is stupid but I think it was love at first sight. He was perfect, my dream man. I love the way he was calm and collected despite the drivers shouting.

I was elated when I got to know he was my coursemate. Our friendship was the best thing that has ever happened to me but I wanted more than friendship. I wanted to be his woman, I wanted him to be mine and mine alone, but he never popped the question.

I saw the love in his eyes, but I never wanted to rush to conclusions. He might just love me as a friend. Day after day, I tried to pop the question but I was scared, I was so scared of what he would do so I kept it to myself.

I love him, I love him and I love him. I wanted to lay my head on his broad chest as he sings sweet love songs to me. I wanted to kiss those beautiful lips of his, and tell him how much I cared. I wanted to be his woman, fighting and conquering the world with him but it seems we were never meant to be together.

Dear Diary, when you see him, tell him how much I waited for him to pop that question. Tell him how disappointed I was that he didn't. Tell him I would love him till my every last breathe"

After she read the last line, I broken down in tears like a little kid. Everyone present was bewildered by my action,

"I lost her the third time", I said as the tears kept pouring over my cheeks.

Light!

# WeMove! lipsrsealed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by HopeNeverDies: 10:55am On Aug 23, 2022
LoL…

1 Like

Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by Godswilleee(m): 11:07am On Aug 23, 2022
Omo, this one pass nollywood. Nice script....

12 Likes

Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by Orgasmgiver123(m): 11:20am On Aug 23, 2022
If i read pass the second line make i purge

Damn... nasty... I’m out of here

11 Likes

Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by Kiddogarcia(m): 11:26am On Aug 23, 2022
God so lengthy, but na agbo I wan sell

1 Like

Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by Godswilleee(m): 11:41am On Aug 23, 2022
grin
Orgasmgiver123:

U go really purge;
Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by Jeremani: 11:47am On Aug 23, 2022
You're right bro
I had fucking experience

1 Like

Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 23, 2022
thats naija girls for u, they would rather die in silence, than openly tell u how much they like u, they write it in their diary's but when they see u they act like u re nothing but every night they weep on their pillows, stupid set of creatures that fear rejection than death, they would rather enter hell than admit they love u, for those doubting me, I read a friends diary by mistake and I know d guy she wrote about in it, cos it was me, but wen we re together she acts like I'm just a friend bt the things she wrote in those diary, was d stark opposite(She wanted me inside her) but when she comes outside she's like hey, how're u doing, even uptill now, she's gone already, not my business

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by LegendAnselm: 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2022
I feel like to cry. Only single guys will understnd this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by CedarHoldings: 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2022
So long a letter!
Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by Holybaddo: 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2022
Wow
This can be acted as a movie
Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by marlow1962(m): 3:08pm On Aug 23, 2022
Heathrow44:
thats naija girls for u, they would rather die in silence, than openly tell u how much they like u, they write it in their diary's but when they see u they act like u re nothing but every night they weep on their pillows, stupid set of creatures that fear rejection than death, they would rather enter hell than admit they love u, for those doubting me, I read a friends diary by mistake and I know d guy she wrote about in it, cos it was me, but wen we re together she acts like I'm just a friend bt the things she wrote in those diary, was d stark opposite(She wanted me inside her) but when she comes outside she's like hey, how're u doing, even uptill now, she's gone already, not my business

Lmao
Here in sch, there’s a nyt I went to buy food and the gal refused the 5h saying it’s turned and gummed, I wasn’t having any other with me (I don’t move at night with my phone and atm) I said ok so how we go do am now? There’s one gal that has been waiting to get hers too, so she paid for me. I thank her( really appreciate cus she save me from one yeye embarrassment from a stupid gal). Days later we meet each other at the gas station, exchange pleasantries and have a little chat, took my number and said she will message (was even happy that way I will refund her money back, I hate nonsense). Days no message yet (I move) only to wake up one afternoon seeing her massage on WhatsApp, we got along fine (she’s does most of d talking, na u collect my number so do d talking) gals checks up on me everyday, calls and text everytime, gets mad when I miss her calls and replay late( haha was like see dis one o) she’s good and cool, but she doesn’t know what she wants. I know she like me but was waiting for her to make the move( since na u collect my number, ask me out)
She do come around most times to sleep over ( I don’t have much frnds here in sch, loner af)

I always tell ppl “go after that tin you love o” cus if you don’t, someone that’s find it important will snatch it from u (anytin u love, must not be a man or woman)

2 Likes

Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by Uchesis: 3:19pm On Aug 23, 2022
Jeremani:
You're right bro
I had fucking experience
Any white girl that likes you will either tell you point blank to your face that she likes you, or send you a clear message, i repeat CLEAR message that she is into you.

Nigerian girls too dey form. Even Chad girls better pass dem.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by Sacrosanct12(m): 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2022
I had to slide way down to the end of the story so I can be sure you are not taking me to another place. Confirmed let try if I can read now.
Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by Baronthecelebri: 3:28pm On Aug 23, 2022
[Mumu man ,simpquote author=NaturalKinzzy post=115976328]While trying to explain to the driver that I left my wallet at home, she came to my rescue and quickly paid the money to avoid any further embarrassment from the already livid driver.

I was bemused by her action and I gladly thanked her for coming to my aid.

We parted only to meet again in a lecture hall. It was then I got to know that she is my coursemate, and a beautiful friendship started.

She was everything a man could want in a woman. She was all shades of awesomeness.

Gloria!

The lady who showed me what true love was. She showed me the joy of having someone who you truly loved. We were best of friends.

We were so close, our coursemates thought we were dating.

Oh, well. I wanted that, too... I mean, I always wanted to date her and have her all to myself, but I was scared of what she will say...

I was scared that she would not reciprocate my love.

What if she thinks I'm trying to play her,
What if she stop being friends with me... No, I can't afford to loose a friendship like hers.

She was an epitome of beauty. Smart, ambitious, industrious and most importantly, caring.

She was the kind of woman I fantasized spending the rest of my life with. The last person I see before I sleep, and the first person I see when I wake up, my forever partner.

The person I want to go on the journey of love with. The only one i want to grow old with.

But, I was just too scared to let my feelings show.

So our friendship only ended at the, "bestie" level. People actually thought she was the love of my life... What can I say? She was the love of my life, but I didn't know if she felt the same way about me.

After our convocation from the university, as if fate was on my side, we were posted to the same state to serve our fatherland.

I was posted as a teacher to a secondary school, and she was posted to a reputable accounting firm as a junior accountant.

Though we will be far from each other, we always found a way to see... At least three times a week.

I read books and watched tutorials on how to woo a lady... Crazy, right? I know.

I'd feel so motivated after watching such videos, but when I come to see her face I'd be so awestruck, my tongue gets tied.

I love her. Heaven knows that I do. But would fear let me show? No.

I didn't know how to tell her that I truly loved, and wanted to wife her.

How do I tell this woman that I want her to be by my side, in my quest to conquer the world.

The day we did our POP, I promised myself to propose to her... I even bought a ring. I practiced what I saw in a video so many times, just to make sure I didn't do the wrong thing.

I decided to call her and ask to meet. Before I even failed her number, her call came through. She sounded excited as she said, "I would love us to meet in the evening. I have some good news for you."

My excitement matched hers as I told her I wanted to see her, too.

She agreed to meet at our usual place later in the evening.

That evening immediately she saw me, she hugged me and with joy written all over her face, she said, "I've been seeing a guy. We met at the form where I work. Guess what? He proposed to me, and I said yes... Your girl would be getting married soon!"

That evening, I felt like the whole world stopped. It hurt so much, I thought someone reached inside my chest, and pulled my heart out. The wall were closing in, I felt the darkness settling over me.

I came back to reality when I heard her voice, "So bestie, what is the surprise you said you had for me?" As she softly slapped my chest.

Wait. I couldn't tell her that I loved her anymore. All I could do was be happy for her, "nothing special babe, I just want to tell you that I have gotten a job" I replied ruefully.

"Wow... That calls for a celebration, this is double celebration", she said giggling

My heart was crumbling, but I gave her the best smile I could muster...

24th May 2016

I will never forget that day. It was her wedding day.

My one true love was taken away from me, and there was nothing I could do. She was kissing someone else, and I had no right to stop them. It hurt so much, I had to lie about being sick to excuse myself.

That night, she called me to asked me if I was fine as she was told that I couldn't wait till the end of the wedding because I was sick... After a short, and sweet conversation, I wished her a happy married life.
I hung up, and cried myself to sleep.

Day turned to week, weeks to months, and months to years.

Overtime, it felt like I died. I wasn't myself anymore, nothing really excited me. I tried to date someone else in a bid to forget her, but it didn't work. I could not love anyone else... There's no one else for me.

Three years after her wedding, I received a phone call from a strange number,

"Hello... Is this uncle Adewale?" A female voice asked calmy from the other end.

"Yes... Please who am I speaking with", I inquired.

"This is Excel, Gloria's younger sister", she replied.

My heart skipped a beat as her name was mentioned, "Oh! Good evening ma'am. How is Gloria?" I asked, still surprised that her younger sister would call me.

She sobbed, "We lost her, she died this morning during childbirth. We are just glad the baby is alive. She died immediately after the baby came, because she lost so much blood" and broke down in tears...

I couldn't believe what I just heard. No, not my own Gloria. Why did this have to happen?

Watching her be with someone else was better. God, why did this have to happen?

On the day of her burial, I wasn't myself. I couldn't control the tears that were freely flowing from my eyes.

I lost her twice.

Looking at her beautiful oval face for the last time, "I love you and I am really sorry I couldn't prove it to you till you died" was all I could manage to say...

The next day, I went to her family house to pay my last respect.

After a while, her diary was brought out by her younger sister, "Gloria said when she dies, I should read this dairy to the world."

While Excel was reading through her diary, I got to know more about her pain and some of her past experiences in relationships. When she was alive, she always didn't like talking about it.

Then in one of the pages she wrote,

"From the day I saw him at the park, I fell in love with him. I don't know if this is stupid but I think it was love at first sight. He was perfect, my dream man. I love the way he was calm and collected despite the drivers shouting.

I was elated when I got to know he was my coursemate. Our friendship was the best thing that has ever happened to me but I wanted more than friendship. I wanted to be his woman, I wanted him to be mine and mine alone, but he never popped the question.

I saw the love in his eyes, but I never wanted to rush to conclusions. He might just love me as a friend. Day after day, I tried to pop the question but I was scared, I was so scared of what he would do so I kept it to myself.

I love him, I love him and I love him. I wanted to lay my head on his broad chest as he sings sweet love songs to me. I wanted to kiss those beautiful lips of his, and tell him how much I cared. I wanted to be his woman, fighting and conquering the world with him but it seems we were never meant to be together.

Dear Diary, when you see him, tell him how much I waited for him to pop that question. Tell him how disappointed I was that he didn't. Tell him I would love him till my every last breathe"

After she read the last line, I broken down in tears like a little kid. Everyone present was bewildered by my action,

"I lost her the third time", I said as the tears kept pouring over my cheeks.

Light!

# WeMove! lipsrsealed[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by magnum247: 5:40pm On Aug 23, 2022
Read all this epistle? On top woman matter??.. I don't think so.
Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by Dfynboi: 6:22pm On Aug 23, 2022
Orgasmgiver123:

u no get conscience,why not just commend the write up in peace
Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by Orgasmgiver123(m): 6:59pm On Aug 23, 2022
Dfynboi:
u no get conscience,why not just commend the write up in peace

Lol
No vex sir
Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by Idonweak: 7:17pm On Aug 23, 2022
Orgasmgiver123:

Lol
No vex sir

The story sweet oo. I didn't want to read it too but i was happy i did

2 Likes

Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by bidexdo(m): 8:49pm On Aug 23, 2022
Hmmm, this is super story joor, may the girl rest in peace.

Something like this happened to me but the girl still alive.

We are friends I like her and she likes me too, she use to tell friends she miss me anytime am not around or travel but will never say it to me, when am with her,

I love her oh but the reason I no tell her is because since my gf travel out of the country, I don't just want love any girl again because, I don't have time for them because of my past relationships with girls, only my gf that is out of the country match my love life.

All my friends use to tell me the girl love me, how she use to behave with them when am not around. She always wanted me and her to be walking together in the street but who go time tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

As somebody said it earlier that Nigeria girls rather die than to tell u they love u shocked shocked shocked

They fear rejected like mad, but guys use to face a lot of rejection and we still dey alive.

All my friends dey tell me to go for her, but I told them that if she can't tell me by her mouth, wetin I lose. Na she no I no get time 4 love now na money I dey chase now.

cool cool cool we moved.
Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by Sucre6: 8:54pm On Aug 23, 2022
Op i still believe you both ain't made to be, if you guys are made to be, the universe would still bring you both together, but no.

How can I bestie someone for that long without popping the question, anyway I was ones like you simping and having plenty bestie but when I encountered red pill and swallow it, my life turn around, no jokes bro, I fvck all my besties even up till now, and there after give them relationship advice on how to stick to their man grin nothing serious, just like every other normal day grin
Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by Orgasmgiver123(m): 9:27pm On Aug 23, 2022
Idonweak:

The story sweet oo. I didn't want to read it too but i was happy i did
Okay nau
Make i go read am
Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by Godswilleee(m): 9:48am On Aug 24, 2022
Godswilleee:
Omo, this one pass nollywood. Nice script....
Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 30, 2022
Lol... bestie business grin
Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 30, 2022
Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by Cutehector(m): 9:31am On Oct 09, 2022
Heathrow44:
lmao..i laughed so hard in public while reading this.
Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by Anijay1212(m): 9:48am On Oct 09, 2022
Which kind wahala be this nah.
angry angry angry
Re: Always Shoot Your Shot Early by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 12, 2022
Cutehector:
lmao..i laughed so hard in public while reading this.

grin

(1) (Reply)

The Day I Started Fearing Girls. / What's in a man? / Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.