Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? (3142 Views)

I Am Confused Because I Truly Love Her............... / Who Should Love More In A Relationship:the Guy Or The Lady / Do You Think Its Possible For A Teenager To Truly Fall In Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by funty(f): 7:07pm On Feb 19, 2006
i was just thinking and i decided to ask in public if it's possible to truly and i mean to really be in love more than once in one's entire life?
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by cheekee(f): 7:43pm On Feb 19, 2006
yap!!i think it's possible wink
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by hotangel2(f): 1:40am On Feb 20, 2006
Yes it's possible.
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by disney(f): 2:03am On Feb 20, 2006
It is very possible , grin
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by ocho(f): 4:36am On Feb 20, 2006
absolutely possible smiley
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:32pm On Feb 20, 2006
possibly possible wink wink
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by dynamite(f): 11:30pm On Feb 20, 2006
if you mean really love as in true love, i dont think it's possible cos they say God created every man with just one woman to be his wife as they say one man, one wife, one love, one family so if you fall in love with a person now and let say the person dies, and you fall in love with some other person, with only one out of all the people you fall in love with would you have true love cos i think true love comes only once in your lifetime and i dont know if any one here reasons with me.
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:44pm On Feb 22, 2006
i guess u're right dynamite
cuz if u truly truly as in truly truly love some1 n u break up, deres always goin2 be dat special place in ur heart 4 him, a place dat no other man can fill, a place dat will always be 4 him n him alone
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by IBBFan(m): 5:20am On Feb 25, 2006
1 birth
1 lyf
1 luv
1 death
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by donald(m): 6:21pm On Mar 03, 2006
Love,they say,never dies.
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by hotchic1(f): 7:59pm On Jun 13, 2007
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by Akinagirl(f): 8:29pm On Jun 13, 2007
well if u fall in love more than once , then there is no such thing as ONE TRUE LOVE, ONE AND ONLY,
so i think you can love someone else, but never can be trully inlove b/c the one that u trully love will always be in ones heart, forever, so no 100%
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by RuuDie(m): 9:43am On Jun 14, 2007
RuuDie's theory states every human being on the face of the planet earth falls in love at least 3 times in his/her entire --- #1. as a kid, #2. in your teens/early adulthood, #3. when you're ol' & gray
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by luxoire(f): 9:54am On Jun 14, 2007
@RuuDie
i can imagine u coming up with a thery like that

@poster
LOVE is not prescriptive, neither can it be pre calculated, it just happens, for some ppl they can find the strength, luck and passion to experience it more than once

Others can not, and simply give up at the idea of going through the process again! can't say i blame them either!, it is draining

eitherway, it is possible, but the issue is, DO U HAVE IT IN YOU, AND WOULD U MEET MORE THAN MORE THAN ONE PERSON TO LOVE IN YOUR LIFE?, if yes, ur on a roll, live it up
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by RuuDie(m): 10:04am On Jun 14, 2007
whats wrong with my assessment ? obviously, these are only the 3-tiers of an individuals life & if you do the math, you can only fall in love with one person at a time; multiply that by 3 & you arrive at what !?
okay, out with it, whats your problem with RuuDie's Theory ?
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by luxoire(f): 10:28am On Jun 14, 2007
@Ruudie
aint got a problem with ur theory hun!!, lol, its just, i thought u were going to think alongh those lines, and u did, thats all smiley
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by RuuDie(m): 10:43am On Jun 14, 2007
luxoire:

@Ruudie
aint got a problem with your theory hun!!, lol, its just, i thought u were going to think alongh those lines, and u did, thats all smiley

Ooh, so now you've deciphered my thots pattern wink not good at all, i'm beginning to feel insecure !
in all honesty, whats ur own opinion about the topic ?
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by luxoire(f): 10:45am On Jun 14, 2007
@RuuDie, insecure shocked shocked, YOU??, hahaha i doubt it!!

and huney if u scroll up and Re-read my post, u will find my answer to the topic, somewhere, lol, [ur really on a roll today arent u?]
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by RuuDie(m): 11:02am On Jun 14, 2007
nah you haven't --- i might be short-sighted cheesy but i could clearly see that you was speaking in general up there !

so i'm putting it to you directly --- do you think people fall in love just once in their entire life-time ?
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by Joey82(m): 11:05am On Jun 14, 2007
@poster
There are things that happen just once in life.
We are born once!
We die once!
and I'm afraid, we love Just once!
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by luxoire(f): 11:07am On Jun 14, 2007
@RuuDie
NO, i think as humans we have a lot of love in us to give. Some ppl might be unfortunate enough to discover that feeling just once in a life time.

But i think we have the ability and CAN love more than once!

That answer u, Ruud?
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by RuuDie(m): 11:16am On Jun 14, 2007
Oooh --- I feel traces of vitriol wink easy girl - sori if i'm badgering you a li'l too much ! sad

if i can fall in love as many times as is possible according to your school of thot, could i be in love with say 2, 3 people at a time or is it spread out generously over a time-span ?
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by luxoire(f): 11:19am On Jun 14, 2007
@Ruud, haha u dont give up do u, u only just apologised for 'badgering' me, yet u carry on with the qns,

if u refer to the other forum, on same/similar topic, u'd see i think u can love more than one person at a time grin
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by Gamine(f): 11:23am On Jun 14, 2007
U can def love mo than one person
fall in love mo than once,

its life, live it grin grin grin
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by RuuDie(m): 11:34am On Jun 14, 2007
how is it possible ? like someone said up there "somethings happen just once in your life" --- its life !
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by Joey82(m): 11:57am On Jun 14, 2007
@Gamine
With ur comments, do i assume u don't understand d meaning of love.
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by RuuDie(m): 12:19pm On Jun 14, 2007
luxoire:

@Ruud, haha u don't give up do u, u only just apologised for 'badgering' me, yet u carry on with the qns,

bet you didn't fall 4 that one abi ?   wink guess i'm never gonna make it as sales, customer care or PR personnel !

@ topic,
d'unno how you define love, but i weally do not share y'alls sentiments !
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by luxoire(f): 12:20pm On Jun 14, 2007
@Ruud
I think it is possible, WHO SAID, OR WHERE IS IT WRITTEN THAT YOU SHALL LOVE BUT ONCE?, i think that is just a myth put about by ppl who have had adverse experiences and somehow can not find the strength to bounce back.

I CHOOSE, to believe that Love is an emotion, and like all other emotions you can experience it more than once. maybe not top the same intensity all the time, but you can definitely experience more than once, IF U LET URSELF

ppl, use this u only love once thing to shield themselves after or from an unpleasant experience, refusing to allow any other prson or themselves the chance to open up completely. Just because the one u LOVE dies, at a tender age, into ur marriage, does not mean u will never find another love again, may not same intensity, or u might not love them in same way, but if u let urself, u shall/can love again.

NO 2 experiences are the same, so U CAN NOT LOVE 2 PPL IN A LIFETIME IN SAME WAY, TO SAME AMOUNT FOR SAME,  REASONS, but u can definitely more than once

, and if u do not share our sentiments, then keepo looking and waiting for ur one true love, and heaven forbid it, but should something happen to take her away from u, i hope u can find true happiness again with someone else kiss
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by Gamine(f): 2:11pm On Jun 15, 2007
Joey,
Do YOU?

Luxoire,
i feel u thru n thru!
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by Bolarge(m): 2:45pm On Jun 15, 2007
@Topic

Yep.
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by nana(f): 11:52am On Jul 18, 2007
Yes it is possible,
Re: Is It Possible To Truly Love More Than Once In One's Life? by Mandora(f): 12:04pm On Jul 18, 2007
Ofcourse u can. U can fall in love wit as many pple as possible in one life time as long as u leave urself open 2 it. U'll find out most time we just lock up our emotions because we feel we've been hurt but it doesn't matter just keep ur options open n b like a child in these matters dont plan 2 see d obstacles because dey are all self made

(1) (Reply)

Does Age Really Matter In Relationship? / Help My Boyfriend Wants To Start Visiting Nairaland. / Some Predictable MOVES In Romance Section.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.