Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,773 members, 7,813,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway (8309 Views)

PanamaPapers Exposes Enrico Monfrini, Nigerian Public Officers May Be Prosecuted / Bayelsa: PDP In Early Lead, As INEC Declares Results At Polling Units, Wards / Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by LadyT(f): 5:44pm On Aug 07, 2011
People need to read it says basic education.  If their children gain admission to Harvard they can go.

primary schoo, secondary school all should be in nigeria.   grin
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by okadaman2: 5:51pm On Aug 07, 2011
LadyT:

People need to read it says basic education.  If their children gain admission to Harvard they can go.

It shouldn't just be basic education and the schools they attend in Nigeria must be public schools.

If Looters want to mumurize our children via bad schools, then the mumurity must extend to their children, it's only fair, we burn together.

If you don't like it, go start a business grin
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 07, 2011
LadyT:

They are all clowns. On the surface it looks like a good populist idea, but what they are saying basically is; We know our boat is leaking and it's unfair for anyone to survive, so let's take the life jackets from the lucky few so that we may all drown.
That is a stupid approach, they should be thinking of plugging the leak so that all may survive.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by olaolabiy: 5:54pm On Aug 07, 2011
LadyT:

None will be in Nigeria and nothing will happen.

In a lawless society, you can do anything.

Tell me about the NYSC law? What have you done to Madueke?

Law ko, ofin ni.

Sagamite:

If their is any leader with a heart o implement it, it is as simple as rice and peas.

That's the word. Heart!

Strong leader in Nigeria?

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!  NEVER!
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Sagamite(m): 6:01pm On Aug 07, 2011
ola olabiy:

None will be in Nigeria and nothing will happen.

In a lawless society, you can do anything.

Tell me about the NYSC law? What have you done to Madueke?

Law ko, ofin ni.
That's the word. Heart!

Strong leader in Nigeria?

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!  NEVER!

That is where our problem lie and we have a Silverback Gorilla for the next 4 years.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Sagamite(m): 6:07pm On Aug 07, 2011
I can settle for only pre-tertiary being local and in public schools but the bill should apply that generator and healthcare laws as well.

We can't have arsewipes not build good roads, street lights, street signs, traffic lights etc and then allow them to by-pass the chaos by them, their wives and nannies using sirens.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by LadyT(f): 6:09pm On Aug 07, 2011
We need a revolution.  Sadly these current leaders are already grooming their useless offspring to take over.  

I used to think how could God ask the Israelites out wipe out an entire race now I understand.  Rubbish
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Ikengawo: 6:12pm On Aug 07, 2011
Enforcement is key but anyone against this is confused.

Leaders don't have to focus on developing nigeria because they can go elsewhere and use services that someone else's leaders struggled to build as we all know.

This bill will cut the cord for people of this mentality. Also, it's a Nationial Security threat to have so many government wards outside of the country. If they were to be kidnapped it would turn into an international incident and if nigeria was a serious country (which it's not) possibly a war and in almost all cases complete humiliation. At least if they're kidnapped in Nigeria or killed the state can use whatever means available to see justice.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by obongtunji: 6:14pm On Aug 07, 2011
U guys on nairaland dat are against dis bill are u senator, memba of repre, minista or gov, because it is meant for dem and nt for people like u dat worked had to earn ur livin. They loot our money meant for developmental project &  use d same to send thier children to school abroad. Let d indefinate srike in University of maiduguri affect thier children also then they wil situp and address d issues of security in dis country. Even dough d bill is passed wil they obey it, because it seems they above d constitution. If an engineer can not b made minista of works or petroleum, i wonder where we are goin in dis countrydis country
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Sagamite(m): 6:19pm On Aug 07, 2011
Ikengawo:

Enforcement is key but anyone against this is confused.

Leaders don't have to focus on developing nigeria because they can go elsewhere and use services that someone else's leaders struggled to build as we all know.

Thank you.

You have bloody civil servants having choice multi-million pound properties in Kensington, Finchley, St Johns Woods and co which their children live in safety whilst attending £7.5K a year boarding school before going to UK universities for £10K per year.

And some people are confused with some lame arguments of free market.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Nosyke(m): 6:20pm On Aug 07, 2011
It shouldnt be about banning wards/children of public officers from schooling abroad, it should be about strenghtening the educational system here in Nigeria to make it even more attractive  for even outsiders(other countries).
Even if the ban is enforced (which I can bet myslef it wont), the public officers will always circumvent the law.
For example, if their children cant go abroad, they can send them to schools like Lead British College, Pace setters college, Loyola Jesuit etc that pay so much money as fees and by so doing the ban would not have had any impact/affected the public schools that we have.
Public schools should be made to be able be a breeding ground for future leaders and not future agberos.
The same thing for Power and health sector.
My 2 cents
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 07, 2011
stupid law to keep the common people talking! Mtchew!!!

@ ola, u dey talk NYSC law lohun lohun, what about not operating a foreign account? how many of them obeyed or obeys that. Buncha twats  angry
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by MariAmara(f): 6:24pm On Aug 07, 2011
Sagamite:

Essential!

If your ward gains admission to Harvard then you obtain the Minister's waiver based on development of exceptional talent or he got a scholarship or a course that is not offered in the country.

Robbing the nation and using the loot to make your own's life better outside the shyt-hole you create should be frustrated and restricted with all the might of the government.

If you don't like it, go and work in the private sector.
I wouldn't agree more. If your ward got a "scholarship" to study wherever overseas, then present the documents to prove it and get the waiver. Simple.
I wish this law will be passed, all these ministers, governors and senators loot public funds, send their kids to schools abroad and the average Nigerian student struggles through the horrors of  the country's educational system, all for nothing because these theives kids come back and claim all the well-paying jobs. God pls let the bill be passed, they go hear am!
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Sagamite(m): 6:24pm On Aug 07, 2011
Nosyke:

I[b]t shouldnt be about banning wards/children of public officers from schooling abroad, it should be about strenghtening the educational system here in Nigeria to make it even more attractive  for even outsiders(other countries). [/b]
Even if the ban is enforced (which I can bet myslef it wont), the public officers will always circumvent the law.
For example, if their children cant go abroad, they can send them to schools like Lead British College, Pace setters college, Loyola Jesuit etc that pay so much money as fees and by so doing the ban would not have had any impact/affected the public schools that we have.
Public schools should be made to be able be a breeding ground for future leaders and not future agberos.
The same thing for Power and health sector.
My 2 cents

Fck me!

Use your brain!

Those responsible for strengthening the education system have no incentive to do so when they can steal the money and take care of themselves and their kids.

That is what the bill wants to tackle.

And fyi, the bill said they must attend local public schools. Are Lead British College, Pace setters college, Loyola Jesuit public?

Please no more 2 cent opinions.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 07, 2011
Sagamite:

Fck me!

Use your brain!

Those responsible for strengthening the education system have no incentive to do so when they can steal the money and take care of themselves and their kids.

And fyi, the bill said they must attend local public schools. Are Lead British College, Pace setters college, Loyola Jesuit public?

Under this law, will I still be able to go to harvard if I got a scholarship through my own merit. If yes, how fair is that.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Sagamite(m): 6:35pm On Aug 07, 2011
Aigbofa:

Under this law, will I still be able to go to harvard if I got a scholarship through my own merit. If yes, how fair is that.

Do you mean "if no, how fair is that"?
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by olaolabiy: 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2011
naijababe:

silly law to keep the common people talking! Mtchew!!!

@ ola, u dey talk NYSC law lohun lohun, what about not operating a foreign account? how many of them obeyed or obeys that. Buncha twats  angry
It's a waste of time.
I don't even know why I chose to discuss this issue on NL.

They are asking for a law that will NEVER be obeyed. In a country where none has EVER been obeyed.

Some people here understand nothing about Nigeria.

They say no foreign accounts yet all our leaders have accounts abroad.

They say no dual citizenship yet they are many in Abuja.

I dey laugh oo.

I'm outta this thread.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by eghost247(m): 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2011
doesnt make sense
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by indigo1: 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2011
if this is true, it just goes to show that our leaders think thru their anus only
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Nosyke(m): 6:37pm On Aug 07, 2011
Sagamite:

Fck me!

Use your brain!

You should actually use your own brain and stop using fowl words on public fora.Whatever you dont like/agree,cricticise constructively or you find solace on the nearest transformer to you.
Ode!!
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2011
Aigbofa:

you think those wastrel pikins of our kleptocrats fit win scholarship?
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 07, 2011
oyb:

you think those wastrel pikins of our kleptocrats fit win scholarship?

LOL grin grin grin grin
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by jawjaw1: 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2011
My take is that it doesn't even need to be a law. It could be a personal policy of the president to show that he is serious about changing the face of education in Nigeria. He could make it a policy for anyone who wants to serve in his government.
It could even go further than education to health care.
He could tell everyone he appoints that if you want to serve in my government no member of your family should school abroad or go for medical treatment abroad.
It will force everyone in government make sure that schools are up and running and the hospitals are in the best of conditions.
Plain simple!
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 07, 2011
Sagamite:

Do you mean "if no, how fair is that"?

Actually, the question cut both ways; If no, is it fair to the student. If yes, is it fair to the general public?
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Sagamite(m): 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2011
Nosyke:

You should actually use your own brain and stop using fowl words on public fora.Whatever you dont like/agree,cricticise constructively or you find solace on the nearest transformer to you.
Ode!!

You are a mooron. I have morbid hate for stewpid 2 cent opinions of those that can not comprehend.

This is why I hate democracy, every foool's opinion counts or he thinks it should count. I want geniocracy because most issues are above people like you's head.

Improve you thinking and comprehension and I guarantee you will not have a problem with me.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by logica(m): 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2011
Since there is already an escape - a waiver from the Minister of Education - I don't know what purpose the bill will serve. The Minister will get rich from bribes. And we will have another racket. smiley
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 07, 2011
jaw jaw:

My take is that it doesn't even need to be a law. It could be a personal policy of the president to show that he is serious about changing the face of education in Nigeria. He could make it a policy for anyone who wants to serve in his government.
It could even go further than education to health care.
He could tell everyone he appoints that if you want to serve in my government no member of your family should school abroad or go for medical treatment abroad.
It will force everyone in government make sure that schools are up and running and the hospitals are in the best of conditions.
Plain simple!

I agree with you. This is called leading by example. I doubt if the proposed law can withstand a serious scrutiny in the courts.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 07, 2011
a classic example

in th run up to the elections,  schools were declared closed for voter registration

but the school of our president's pikins remained open , until reported by that 'web' publication 234next

that right there, is the sort of thing we are talking about.

the government continues to renege on agreements with ASUU.

that fker sam egwu - his kids were schooling abroad while ASUU was on strike

it would make no difference to him if ASUU went on strike for two years

later the children of these good for nothing leaders will come and talk trash to nigerian graduates, deriding them for going to half baked nigerian unis

a few years ago, kema chikwe's daughter did just that in a letter she wrote to this day - 'in defense of my mummy' . the little biatch went as far as to deride the author of an article lambasting the incompetent mrs chikwe as a graduate of our 'who knows what schools', while blathering about how she and her siblings all graduated from 'top ten US schools'
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Sagamite(m): 6:47pm On Aug 07, 2011
Aigbofa:

Actually, the question cut both ways; If no, is it fair to the student. If yes, is it fair to the general public?

There is a part of the bill that says there is a Minister waiver. I would expect that to set criteria that ensures it does not become a handicap for top people or exceptional talent.

That is not unfair on a student. It is not unfair for the public for the best to go to the best.

Secondly, the bill will help improve local provisions.

That is for the benefit of most students and the general public.

What you don't want is some cretin to send his kids to University of Salford after looting the provisions for local unis when University of Calabar can easily be as good as Salford. And worse still, their kids will benefit and have an advantage because they are regarded as not to have attended the dilapidated local unis.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by okadaman2: 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2011
If your kid is smart enough to go to MIT, it must be on an MIT funded scholarship. She get's a waiver for that. Verifiable scholarship. If not, she should matriculate at ESUT.

Let's all rot together, it's only fair.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 07, 2011
this will frustrate majority of them out of politics, good bill, good way forward for Nigerians.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Nosyke(m): 6:59pm On Aug 07, 2011
Sagamite:

[b]You are a mooron. I have morbid hate for stewpid 2 cent opinions of those that can not comprehend.[/b]This is why I hate democracy, every foool's opinion counts or he thinks it should count. I want geniocracy because most issues are above people like you's head.

Improve you thinking and comprehension and I guarantee you will not have a problem with me.

It seems your hobby is name calling. Well, I wouldnt want to entertain you as well as derail the thread.
Once again constructive cricticisms makes more sense (shows more brains) than abuses.
Have a great day!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now / Reviving Enugu State's Coal Production / What Many People Do Not Know About The Nnamdi Kanu Sex Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.