Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,814 members, 7,813,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway (8312 Views)

PanamaPapers Exposes Enrico Monfrini, Nigerian Public Officers May Be Prosecuted / Bayelsa: PDP In Early Lead, As INEC Declares Results At Polling Units, Wards / Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Jenifa1: 10:24pm On Aug 07, 2011
Wow. I hope the bill is passed!

It will definitely cause our leaders to take the country more seriously.
if you want to send your family abroad, then don't become a public officer.

I think it is a genius bill. If it is passed, the effects will be positive for the country.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Princek12(m): 10:24pm On Aug 07, 2011
In advanced societies, public officials have less rights than regular citizens, and laws can be passed that impose restrictions on the liberties of public officials, because the state has an overriding interest in reducing corruption.

A person has the power to make the choice as to whether he wants to be a public official or not, and when he makes that choice to do so, you at least know he is there to serve the interests of the public. In Nigeria, public officials choose to become so in order to fill their pockets with public funds.

I support the bill 100%. The level of corruption in Nigeria calls for drastic measures like this.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Princek12(m): 10:26pm On Aug 07, 2011
Sagamite:

The guy's critical thinking is non-existent.

A result of the failed education system the bill wants to directly tackle.

you got a point. the education system has failed so much that people cannot even think critically.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Jenifa1: 10:29pm On Aug 07, 2011
unfortunately, the chance of the bill passing is 0%
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by okadaman2: 10:30pm On Aug 07, 2011
Princek12:

I support the bill 100%. The level of corruption in Nigeria calls for drastic measures like this.

That is what many oppressed Nigerians fail to get.

A country in a radically sorry situation needs radically drastic measures.

We want to do Omugwo-Owambe with public office and effect change? Not happening. Amadioha fire Democracy!
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Sagamite(m): 10:33pm On Aug 07, 2011
Princek12:

you got a point. the education system has failed so much that people cannot even think critically.

okada_man:

That is what many oppressed Nigerians fail to get.

A country in a radically sorry situation needs radically drastic measures.

We want to do Omugwo-Owambe with public office and effect change? Not happening. Amadioha fire Democracy!

It is a shocking paradox.

It is the same complete degradation of Nigerians that you will find people going on the streets in Oghara to block the police from arresting Ibori that stole the state's wealth.

Shocking!
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by okadaman2: 10:34pm On Aug 07, 2011
Jenifa_:

unfortunately, the chance of the bill passing is 0%

Yes. With the state of our politics and the foooools who troop out to vote like idioooots, it's like -100%

Dem never suffer reach.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by MeandSum: 10:40pm On Aug 07, 2011
Sagamite:

You are not?

Explain how it is illegal to do such?

Are you thick?

If you tell someone if they are a public servant and their kids are studying abroad they are in sacked or in trouble you think most will still have kids abroad if it is enforced even if it was sponsored by Jesus?

They will change their name to get their degree certificate? That makes much sense to you?

Lets imagine they did, can't some people that know them or the kid report to the government in some cases?

Me callign you a mooron makes you a mooron, because I don't lie. Smart, I am above smart.

OK. I am a Mooron. I hope that makes you happy now? I don't want to turn this into a pissing contest because at the long run, we'll both run out of piss, then it becomes a d icking contest
Anyways, I got you right where I wanted you now! smart indeed!

Oya, tell me how many people you have reported to the government so far on corruption. Your local government Councillor that built 3 houses in one year? or your senator that built 20 houses and bought 10 cars.

Who do you report them to? I want to see the look on your face when you go to the police station, oga, i won come report my senator, next thing you'll see is handcuff, next thing you'll be on NTA as one of the "armed robber" that escaped two months ago "very dangerous gang" or better , boko haram.

bottom line is this: there is no way to implement this law.  It is a vicious circle.
Just we want it to be so does not mean it would work. I think a better solution would be to concentrate on anti corruption laws.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Jenifa1: 10:44pm On Aug 07, 2011
MeandSum:

bottom line is this: there is no way to implement this law.  It is a vicious circle.
Just we want it to be so does not mean it would work. I think a better solution would be to concentrate on anti corruption laws.

there is no such thing as "anti-corruption" laws.
you mean law enforcement.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by okadaman2: 10:44pm On Aug 07, 2011
Sagamite:

It is a shocking paradox.

It is the same complete degradation of Nigerians that you will find people going on the streets in Oghara to block the police from arresting Ibori that stole the state's wealth.

Shocking!

In a country where the only philosophy and critical thinking school kids learn are taught to them by Interviewer Dbanj and Pastor Pay-Your-Tithe, What do you expect?

Lemmings, Just Lemmings. Ready to die for their oppressors.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 07, 2011
Tpia and ektbear go soon show for Covenant. Their papa no fit resign for sure. shocked tongue
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by okadaman2: 10:48pm On Aug 07, 2011
We already have "anti-corruption laws"

What we need are harsh enforcers, Zero tolerant, take no nonsense, punish-for-the-joy-of-making-looters-weep enforcers grin

Radical situations demand radical measures.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Sagamite(m): 10:53pm On Aug 07, 2011
MeandSum:

OK. I am a Mooron. I hope that makes you happy now? I don't want to turn this into a pissing contest because at the long run, we'll both run out of piss,  then it becomes a d icking contest
Anyways, I got you right where I wanted you now! smart indeed!

Oya, tell me how many people you have reported to the government so far on corruption. Your local government Councillor that built 3 houses in one year? or your senator that built 20 houses and bought 10 cars.

Who do you report them to? I want to see the look on your face when you go to the police station,  oga, i won come report my senator,  next thing you'll see is handcuff, next thing you'll be on NTA as one of the "armed robber" that escaped two months ago "very dangerous gang" or better ,  boko haram.

You are really an ediot to say because something has not happen it cannot happen.

If a leader with the right thinking is there, it is so hard to motivate people to report others?

What a stewpid, typical, unratiocinated excuse to resist change or to play devil's advocate.

One man brainwashed and led a nation to kill 6 million jewish people, you think it is impossible to get people to report others?

Our education is really at perdition!
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by MeandSum: 10:56pm On Aug 07, 2011
Jenifa_:

there is no such thing as "anti-corruption" laws.
you mean law enforcement.

Said who?

The US has "Foreign Corrupt Practices Act"(FCPA), Germany has a law that allows you to list any bribe you gave as deductible ( you get a tax credit for that).

UK has "U.K. Bribery Act"
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Sagamite(m): 11:00pm On Aug 07, 2011
MeandSum:

Said who?

The US has "Foreign Corrupt Practices Act"(FCPA), Germany has a law that allows you to list any bribe you gave as deductible ( you get a tax credit for that).

UK has "U.K. Bribery Act"

According to your critical thinking, is that not "illegal" and "abuse of their rights"? grin
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Tczar(m): 11:03pm On Aug 07, 2011
//////////////// Hugwash.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by okadaman2: 11:08pm On Aug 07, 2011
Nigeria has:

Economic and Financial Crimes commision Establishment act (2004) Amended 2007?
The Money Laundering Act 1995
The Money Laundering (Prohibition) act 2004
The Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act 1995
The Failed Banks (Recovery of Debts) and Financial Malpractices in Banks Act 1994
The Banks and other Financial Institutions Act 1991; and
Miscellaneous Offences Act

And more. . .

What we need is harsh enforcement, I mean, no-look-uche-face kind of enforcement.

Somebody should hire me, I want to make some people cry.  lipsrsealed

Especially those spoilt idioooots attending University of London and other foreign schools on looted funds.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by MeandSum: 11:10pm On Aug 07, 2011
Sagamite:

According to your critical thinking, is that not "illegal" and "abuse of their rights"?  grin

No, it is not. It helps fight corruption because for me to get a tax credit from the government, I have to list the name of the person I bribed. And there my friend, you just created a whole lot of problem for that person you bribed.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by okadaman2: 11:15pm On Aug 07, 2011
Tczar:

//////////////// Hugwash.

Looter father?

Or just a skeptic?
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by MeandSum: 11:18pm On Aug 07, 2011
Sagamite:

You are really an ediot to say because something has not happen it cannot happen.

If a leader with the right thinking is there, it is so hard to motivate people to report others?

What a stewpid, typical, unratiocinated excuse to resist change or to play devil's advocate.

One man brainwashed and led a nation to kill 6 million jewish people, you think it is impossible to get people to report others?

Our education is really at perdition!
according to okada_man

The Failed Banks (Recovery of Debts) and Financial Malpractices in Banks Act 1994

Some of those laws are 20 years old. Has it stopped corruption? How then does passing a law that stops this looters from sending their kids overseas help stop corruption?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by okadaman2: 11:26pm On Aug 07, 2011
If you practice my no-look-uche-face method. Those laws will STOP corruption.

I'm ready to be hired. I'll work for food.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Sagamite(m): 11:32pm On Aug 07, 2011
MeandSum:

according to okada_man

Some of those laws are 20 years old. Has it stopped corruption? How then does passing a law that stops this looters from sending their kids overseas help stop corruption?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

Stop chatting shyt!

Even with the half-arse implementation of those laws by useless leaders, it has reduced the corruption and malpractices it was intended for.

Check your facts before putting things across to me.

What the fck are you talking about? Legislation with consequences for law breakers have no effect on behaviours? Or you think there is any action that can eliminate bad behaviour?

Wow, I  have found a Nigerian beer-parlour Fruedian psychologist.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Sagamite(m): 11:35pm On Aug 07, 2011
MeandSum:

No, it is not. It helps fight corruption because for me to get a tax credit from the government, I have to list the name of the person I bribed. And there my friend, you just created a whole lot of problem for that person you bribed.

And this "illegal" (as you proposed) bill will not help fight corruption?
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by MeandSum: 11:45pm On Aug 07, 2011
Sagamite:

Stop chatting shyt!

Even with the half-arse implementation of those laws by useless leaders, it has reduced the corruption and malpractices it was intended for.

Check your facts before putting things across to me.

What the fck are you talking about? Legislation with consequences law breakers have no effect on behaviours? Or you think there is any action that can eliminate bad behaviour?

Wow, I  have found a Nigerian beer-parlour Fruedian psychologist.

so, has corruption gone up or down in the last 20 years?
BTW, do you always have to insult me in your reply? can we learn to disagree without the childish name calling?

I'm telling you this law would do nothing to solve the problem you are saying it would solve it , way to go.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by gohome: 11:50pm On Aug 07, 2011
MeandSum:

according to okada_man

Albert Einstein

Mr I need to know your stand in this. are you saying the bill is cool but the enforcement is where we need to look at?,  I dont know if its me, but i have read through all your post i cant seem to understand where you stand.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Sagamite(m): 11:56pm On Aug 07, 2011
MeandSum:

so, has corruption gone up or down in the last 20 years?
BTW, do you always have to insult me in your reply? can we learn to disagree without the childish name calling?

I'm telling you this law would do nothing to solve the problem you are saying it would solve it , way to go.

I don't have to always insult anyone to reply but if people's response repeatedly show they are too stewpid, I can't help it.

This is not a fcking live discussion, it is an internet forum. You have all the time in the world to think before you post, check your facts (where available) before post, not doing so is incredibly annoying.

You don't know corruption has reduced in the last few years? And you will say you are educated?

Get this in your head. THERE IS NO PRAGMATIC LAW THAT WILL STOP CORRUPTION, YOU CAN ONLY REDUCE IT. Stop this stewpid repeated statement that this law will not stop corruption. There is corruption in every country.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by okadaman2: 12:07am On Aug 08, 2011
You are right. We can never stop corruption 100%. But we sure can make it more difficult for Looters to steal and enjoy their stolen wealth.

I want people to see public office as a place of "pain" for Looters.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Sagamite(m): 12:21am On Aug 08, 2011
okada_man:

You are right. We can never stop corruption 100%. But we sure can make it more difficult for Looters to steal and enjoy their stolen wealth.

I want people to see public office as a place of "pain" for Looters.

The guy is sssssssssssssstruggling to ratiocinate that fact! undecided

Yes, there might be some people that will by-pass it but majority will not especially when a good leader sacks a few top people caught for it. Which law don't people by-pass? What is so hard to comprehend in that? Which law don't people by-pass?

Will most people risk their regular income that is their main or even sole source of feeding their family by breaking a law that can sack them? This is one law that is easier to enforce than other corruption laws. It might even be a deputy that wants your job that will anonymously rat you out if you put your kids abroad. You can't hide human beings like you can hide looted money.

Yes, other corruptions will still exist but in Education it will reduce because the top guys in public will try and ensure their own are not too inferior to the kids of those in private sector that can be sent abroad.

Those other corruption will start dropping when Education improves and the illiteracy rate starts falling from 61%, the 10% graduates of all types of institution starts becoming real graduates, not mostly half-baked outputs, journalists are better educated (not reetards like the Kemi Lawal of Punch Newspapers). It will reduce because we have more educated people that are not hungry (better education leads to better economic activities and opportunities) and educated people can challenge the government performance critically. Less mooronic Almajiris.

CRITICAL THINKING IS DEAD amongst most Nigerian youths.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by logica(m): 12:33am On Aug 08, 2011
MeandSum:

according to okada_man
Albert Einstein

Anybody who knows how the mind of a scientist works will know Abert Einstein will never say such a thing. This actually is slander.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by Ukavwe: 12:45am On Aug 08, 2011
O boy, the bill never become law una heart dey cut,ok let me tell u guys a story,when i was in secondary school our commandant(it was a military school)had 2 son in j.s.s1.this 2 boy alway leave de hostel at night after light out to sleep in their father house,in staff quarters where there is A.C, tv while in de hostel the generator turn off at 11.pm.they were reported to de house captain who punished them for their crime,because of this the father had to make sure there is constant power supply 24 hour in the hostel and all the fans are working in order to avoid the embarrassment. barrassment.
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by okadaman2: 12:48am On Aug 08, 2011
Sagamite:

The guy is sssssssssssssstruggling to ratiocinate that fact! undecided

Will most people will risk their regular income that is their main or even sole source of feeding their family by breaking a law that can sack them? [b]This is one law that is easier to enforce than other corruption laws. It might even be a deputy that wants your job that will anonymously rat you out if you put your kids abroad. [/b]You can't hide human beings like you can hide looted money.

CRITICAL THINKING IS DEAD amongst most Nigerian youths.

I will proudly snitch my way to the top.  grin

I will religiously rat them out, If they add incentives, I'll be a top snitch money earner, I'll even do free training for whisleblowers.

Put me in charge of propaganda, I'll make snitches look like celebrities. Girls will be throwing panties at them  grin
Re: Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway by okadaman2: 12:51am On Aug 08, 2011
Ukavwe:

O boy, the bill never become law una heart dey cut,ok let me tell u guys a story,when i was in secondary school our commandant(it was a military school)had 2 son in j.s.s1.this 2 boy alway leave de hostel at night after light out to sleep in their father house,in staff quarters where there is A.C, tv while in de hostel the generator turn off at 11.pm.they were reported to de house captain who punished them for their crime,because of this the father had to make sure there is constant power supply 24 hour in the hostel and all the fans are working in order to avoid the embarrassment. barrassment.

This is how you teach children from the start. Thank you for that story. May you pass your Jamb with flying colors if you never do am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Historical Video Documentaries Of 1st Republic Elections And All Candidates. / Shocking Photo Of A 13 Year Old Jihadist Slaughtering A Man / Congratulation To Our In-law Kamala Harris And Joe Igbokwe Biden - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.