Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No (2740 Views)

How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom / Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? / Scammer Who Met Lady On Badoo Tells Police How Many Times He Slept With Her.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by sihamey: 7:15pm On Aug 23, 2022
I usually get flash call from foreign phone number almost every week, initially when I saw the missed call I thought it was someone I know and I will call back the number to my surprise the person will pick my call but couldn’t speak until I hand the call.
Recently I discovered it was scammer who do that but my question is how would they scam people with such tricks. Even when I block the number they will call with a different number, today I received another flash call and my phone indicates where the call is coming from always from this country called Seychelles
Who knows their intentions or what they intend to achieve

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by Ibechris2: 7:25pm On Aug 23, 2022
They used to call my 9mobile number almost every morning around 3am.

They called yesterday,called today and I am sure they are still going to call again.

I was told that whenever u pick their calls,u are likely to be phised on and possibly cloned your account.

Just don't pick to avoid unseen trouble.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by Hezzyluv: 7:29pm On Aug 23, 2022
Op, when you called back, didn't you noticed like 2seconds they would charge you around #100??

Beause, this thing happened to me some moths ago, I tried calling back and they wiped away ALL my airtime within a jiffy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by Hezzyluv: 7:31pm On Aug 23, 2022
Ibechris2:
They used to call my 9mobile number almost every morning around 3am.

They called yesterday,called today and I am sure they are still going to call again.

I was told that whenever u pick their calls,u are likely to be phised on and possibly cloned your account.

Just don't pick to avoid unseen trouble.

In my own case, if I try picking the call, it will just automatically end. As if is programed for you not to pick it. and when you call back, they would wipe away all your airtime.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by sihamey: 8:00pm On Aug 23, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Op, when you called back, didn't you noticed like 2seconds they would charge you around #100??

Beause, this thing happened to me some moths ago, I tried calling back and they wiped away ALL my airtime within a jiffy
Exactly when I called my credit runout fast within seconds.
Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by jeromestarks: 8:02pm On Aug 23, 2022
Their motive is to scam you.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by sihamey: 8:03pm On Aug 23, 2022
Hezzyluv:

In my own case, if I try picking the call, it will just automatically end. As if is programed for you not to pick it. and when you call back, they would wipe away all your airtime.
That means their intention is to wipe someone’s airtime or your airtime is converted to money for them
Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by sihamey: 8:05pm On Aug 23, 2022
jeromestarks:
Their motive is to scam you.
I know but how Are they stealing information from you when they flash or when you called back because they aren’t saying a word when picked call
Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 23, 2022
Ok o
Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by Sucre6: 9:40pm On Aug 23, 2022
THis is a very vital information, I also want to know.

Mod abeg help move this topic for wider view

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by saintopus(m): 10:30pm On Aug 23, 2022
Sucre6:
THis is a very vital information, I also want to know.

Mod abeg help move this topic for wider view

I don't know too
Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by TheboyGhost(m): 11:38pm On Aug 23, 2022
I also wish to know undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by Freelane33(m): 12:11am On Aug 24, 2022
Living and learning
Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by Ethanuella: 12:47am On Aug 24, 2022
I've had such experiences too. I'd love to know their motives.

@lalasticlala, mynd44, Fp please.
Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by veeceesynergy: 12:54am On Aug 24, 2022
they have been calling me every night, I have been blocking them but they keep calling with different numbers,even this night,they called again

1 Like

Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by crestedaguiyi: 4:50am On Aug 24, 2022
Your are been watched . Factory set your phone asap. Your download and files source
Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by Waakanda: 5:30am On Aug 24, 2022
I don't call back... simple

1 Like

Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by hopefulLandlord: 6:03am On Aug 24, 2022
crestedaguiyi:
Your are been watched .
The first words always uttered at the begining of Person of Interest
Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by Tokskob2008: 6:13am On Aug 24, 2022
Whatever their intentions are that's there own wahala cos I don't bother calling back. I even find it hard to call back contacts saved on my phone not to talk of calling back unknown numbers..

The first step to avoiding be scammed in anyway is to not be in a rush. Be calm whenever you see the call or miss calls and block if you have to.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by McGg: 6:50am On Aug 24, 2022
Whenever I see their calls on my phone I usually think that one of my friends who must have joined the scamming world is trying out his prowess on megrin

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by Charmingrascal(m): 7:17am On Aug 24, 2022
sihamey:
I usually get flash call from foreign phone number almost every week, initially when I saw the missed call I thought it was someone I know and I will call back the number to my surprise the person will pick my call but couldn’t speak until I hand the call.
Recently I discovered it was scammer who do that but my question is how would they scam people with such tricks. Even when I block the number they will call with a different number, today I received another flash call and my phone indicates where the call is coming from always from this country called Seychelles

When you receive such calls and call back their line, you will be redirected to another site, mostly adult content sites, when you call them and they pick you won't hear no sound from their end, the longer you stay saying hello hello with the hope of hearing someone from the other end the more your airtime is being fastly "burned"
& converted to money for them. Usually network operators of those foreign numbers are complicit.
The scammers get at least a Dollar from such deals, imagine making 710 Naira on 50 people thrice in a week.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by wisdomkid: 7:55am On Aug 24, 2022
Charmingrascal:

When you receive such calls and call back their line, you will be redirected to another site, mostly adult content sites, when you call them and they pick you won't hear no sound from their end, the longer you stay saying hello hello with the hope of hearing someone from the other end the more your airtime is being fastly "burned"
& converted to money for them. Usually network operators of those foreign numbers are complicit.
The scammers get at least a Dollar from such deals, imagine making 710 Naira on 50 people thrice in a week.

So it's like those toll numbers where the caller is charged outrageous amount of money for calling, abi?
Sure it's not automatic?
Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by elpochas: 9:01am On Aug 24, 2022
I no even send them at all,cos shi shi no dy my account sef.
Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by BigCowHornn: 9:18am On Aug 24, 2022
elpochas:
I no even send them at all,cos shi shi no dy my account sef.

grin
Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by sihamey: 9:52am On Aug 24, 2022
Charmingrascal:

wooowww really shocked grin cheesy i believe that phone number is internate generated number and the scammers are in Nigeria because if you block one number another similer number will call you next time. the more you block the new number they generate online

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by lereinter(m): 10:35am On Aug 24, 2022
crestedaguiyi:
Your are been watched . Factory set your phone asap. Your download and files source

Even with button phone, they call
Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by lereinter(m): 10:38am On Aug 24, 2022
If you put the number in google, you will see that they are just fleecing you credit for their gain
Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by PrinceDoctor(m): 3:26pm On Aug 24, 2022
A friend travelled out, coming back last month, she recharged N1k. A foreign no. called her dat eve. Next morning, she made a call & was so shocked to hear that her acnt bal. was too low for d call. She checked her balance, it was empty. I called MTN cust. care, I was told that she called an int'l. number at a particular time d previous night - exactly d time d FN called. They didn't give any sol. Next morning, she recharged N5h, made call for 2mins+, few minutes later a foreign number called, that was how d balance was wiped out. We didn't recharge d number again. She also saw chats not by her on Whatsapp. Few days later, I called MTN with my number to explain d situation again, as they were running checks, I was told that she is owing N5h. I rushed to her, check d phone & saw that N5h was borrowed & used. But she wasn't the one. End of story: her number has been hijacked my scammer. We're going to court for affidavit to 'reclaim' the number. Pray they don't call u & don't call them bk if they do.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by Mikedgr8(m): 9:52am On Aug 25, 2022
Don’t you know you can’t make a call to another country with your normal Nigerian airtime. You have to subscribe to an international bundle available on your service provider. So that means even though you recharge 5k airtime and you place a call, it’s gonna vanish in seconds! grin
Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by FuckTheMod: 6:04pm On Nov 08, 2022
sihamey:
Mrs retardēd fatherfucker
When will your father stop raping you?
Useless pikin from a degenerated family. Father is a useless drunkard faggõt and a rapist,
Mother is an ugly old hag retired olosho.
And you, a frustrated and despicable product of a broken condom by a thousand fathers.
Oloriburuku ọmọ ẹran
Oloriburuku ọmọ irankiran
Re: What Is The Intention Of SCAMMER Who Flash People With Foreign No by FuckTheMod: 6:49pm On Nov 08, 2022
sihamey:

Afonja’s , your people are committing suicide everyday you soon join them. Your monika said it all wink MOTHERFUKER
OSU pig and frustration grin
You must commit suicide otherwise, i won't stop quoting you. The moment you stop quoting me, I will assume that you're forever dead.

(1) (2) (Reply)

They Naked His Nyash Cut His Back Skull Blackaxe vs Eiye Lagos VIDEO / NURTW Fights Results In A Popular Island Man's Death / Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.