Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. (4744 Views)

Asari Dokubo Said Igbos Are Indigenous Majority Of Rivers State VIDEO / The Love Of Igbos,Made TARABA The Most Honourable N Strongest State / Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by theTranslator: 9:03pm On Aug 23, 2022
Lol
Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by BeautifulMind2: 9:04pm On Aug 23, 2022
Felimax:
When I told them the election is going to be very tribal they never understood.

Just after the election if anybody from South-East talk about Nigeria breaking na thunder go fire that person.

This people never learn.
That what APC are banking on Obi never said such, Peter Obi will clear south-South and Southeast

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by KingKO22: 9:05pm On Aug 23, 2022
I have lost respect for Obi
I can't believe he is having a hiden agenda

My vote now for Tinubu or Atiku

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by HeeBraHim2(m): 9:06pm On Aug 23, 2022
BlazinGlory40:

Cloned page. The news doesn’t exist.

Go to punch newspaper paper portal and see with your eyes.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by onumadu: 9:06pm On Aug 23, 2022
Igbo or not South south will never vote for Tinubu.
Reason? Jona.
Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by theTranslator: 9:06pm On Aug 23, 2022
Bravetunde:
Yoruba Muslims try harder.
Peter obi will not only win all ss/se but with a very high percentage.
He will also win Abuja and no man's land Lagos

He just need to win about 3 to 4 more state to finally seal the faith grin grin
Peter obi I know you are reading these as the most educated candidate.
I love you so much sir and I m an ijaw man.
Hausa on Monday
Ijaw on Tuesday
Chinese on Wednesday
Fulani on Thursday
Yoruba on profile name

Okoro come out before I slap your flat skull cheesy grin shocked

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by BeautifulMind2: 9:07pm On Aug 23, 2022
KingKO22:
I have lost respect for Obi
I can't believe he is having a hiden agenda

My vote now for Tinubu or Atiku
Conehead from Agbado Kingdom you are just wasting your time and energy

1 Like

Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by BeautifulMind2: 9:08pm On Aug 23, 2022
HeeBraHim2:

Only PUNCH why not show us the video when Peter Obi said such words

2 Likes

Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by HeeBraHim2(m): 9:11pm On Aug 23, 2022
BeautifulMind2:

Only PUNCH why not show us the video when Peter Obi said such words

Why would I do the work for you.... Search it out with you phone na..... Stop caping nonsense.

Punch Newspaper is one the newspaper that has concrete source in the country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by BeautifulMind2: 9:15pm On Aug 23, 2022
HeeBraHim2:

Why would I do the work for you.... Search it out with you phone na..... Stop caping nonsense.

Punch Newspaper is one the newspaper that has concrete source in the country
It's fake news Obi never made such statement

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by BlazinGlory40: 9:21pm On Aug 23, 2022
HeeBraHim2:

I finally saw it. It was a opinion article written by someone whose name is Obi and that does not mean it’s Peter Obi’s opinion too. Maybe you didn’t open the link. Majority of the non igbo supporters in that thread still root for him. You only just picked a few comments that appeals to your bias

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by mycar: 9:21pm On Aug 23, 2022
Igo9:
peter obi has betrayed us... To hell with his LP

My vote is now for either tinubu or atiku.. or he should make public apology to mostly the Ijaws
https://punchng.com/obi-2023-south-south-and-the-rest-of-us/
Igo9:
so says by the mpurumiri addict from the miserable, sub human, rejected political franchise, called igbo..

2023 is Ijaw, if dem born yur papa well, make im nor vote for Ijaw candidate..

“Politics means striving to share power or striving to influence the distribution of power, either among states or among groups within a state”
—Max Weber

Never in the history of Nigeria has an event presented us with an enormous opportunity like the 2023 presidential election. It’s a once in a lifetime chance for Nigeria to revive as a great nation or consign herself to the dark side of history. Also, the 2023 presidential election presents the South-South, also tagged Niger Delta, with the tools in form of ballots and votes to pitch tent with social justice or relegate itself to the Stockholm syndrome. In 2023, it’s incumbent on the geopolitical to insist on equity, social justice and shared power principles in view of the prevailing pragmatism of the Nigerian presidency. The South-South has to choose between supporting the South-East or genuflecting to the born to rule mentality or cynically align with Emi L’okan mentality.

For too long, the South-East has been a dejected and hapless region among other supposedly equal partners within the Nigerian nation-state. In all, the South-South and South-East are brothers, nearly 40% of the South-South population is Igbo. From Rivers, Delta, Edo, Cross River and even Akwa Ibom State, there are traces of Igbo everywhere. Only those who lacked history will doubt this proven truth. Strategically, the Igbo have looked to their brothers across the Niger for a rescue from servitude and marginalisation. Note that the only Igbo on the ballot is Peter Obi and his presidential run does not only need South-South but the rest of the country. But for this conversation, it is to hedge the discourse, charging the South-South for an Obi support. The Igbo have supported us so well in various ramifications.
During the former President Goodluck Jonathan’s reign, they stood by us even when other tribal gangs conspired against that government. They may have their problems, just like Chinua Achebe pointed out in There Was Country: A Personal History of Biafra (see page 76). We all have our human foibles as part of the DNA of every existential homo sapiens. But the continued relegation of the Igbo of South-East extraction is also an indictment on us all, Niger-Deltans. It is on that note that Obi’s presidential ambition should be a source of concern to all of us in view of consolidating our democracy.
Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by paramakina202: 9:27pm On Aug 23, 2022
okeysoninv:
obi is right, rivers = 65% Igbo
delta = 33%
cross river = 7%
Edo = 5%
akwa ibiom = 5%
bayelsa = 5%

As a presidential candidate with huge support from SS region I don't think it is politically wise for him to say that.It could be propaganda anyway.
Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by chrisxxx(m): 9:30pm On Aug 23, 2022
okeysoninv:
obi is right, rivers = 65% Igbo
delta = 33%
cross river = 7%
Edo = 5%
akwa ibiom = 5%
bayelsa = 5%
If you are educated you would have known the difference between Igboid and Igbo. When the chops are down we will tell our people in the SS that Peter Obi is coming with the agenda to reclaim abandoned property.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by mycar: 9:35pm On Aug 23, 2022
paramakina202:

As a presidential candidate with huge support from SS region I don't think it is politically wise for him to say that.It could be propaganda anyway.
He did not say it, it was said by someone from south south

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by okeysoninv: 9:38pm On Aug 23, 2022
chrisxxx:

If you are educated you would have known the difference between Igboid and Igbo. When the chops are down we will tell our people in the SS that Peter Obi is coming with the agenda to reclaim abandoned property.
lolzz igboid kwa . nothing person won't hear in nairaland. Igbo is Igbo . igboid are clans in Igbo..like you nsukka, ngwa ikwerre etc.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by paramakina202: 9:38pm On Aug 23, 2022
mycar:

He did not say it, it was said by someone from south south

I know he couldn't have said that because he isn't Ohanaeze ndi Igbo spokesman..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by okeysoninv: 9:41pm On Aug 23, 2022
paramakina202:

so we should deny ourselves to pacify our enemies. this is problem with igbos. trying to be politically correct to people that doesn't send you. if other groups in South south like let them vote outsiders . we will all collectively suffer it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by JOemmy(m): 9:44pm On Aug 23, 2022
Everyone already knows that is the truth if not for the biafra war I don't think anyone will be arguing about this fact that war really divided the igbos in nigeria. In delta state for example the whole of delta north which have more than 8 local govts are all Igbo speaking that's approximately 1/3 of delta in rivers state it's the same thing when u go further to cross river, benue, kogi and akwa ibom u will find significant numbers of igbo speaking communities there it's only igbo haters will insist that igboland only ends in the five state of the south east.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by Tranquill: 9:45pm On Aug 23, 2022
okeysoninv:
lolzz igboid kwa . nothing person won't hear in nairaland. Igbo is Igbo . igboid are clans in Igbo..like you nsukka, ngwa ikwerre etc.

You better remove Ikwerre from that your list because Ikwerre is not igbo.

4 Likes

Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by okeysoninv: 9:46pm On Aug 23, 2022
Tranquill:

You better remove Ikwerre from that your list because Ikwerre is not igbo.
ikwerre is Yoruba , happy now ozuo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by Supremos: 9:47pm On Aug 23, 2022
Unzerious:
If he really said that...Then, he's as Egocentric as his Tribe.

Igbo's aren't ready for Presidency yet...
Peter obi didn't say that

1 Like

Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by paramakina202: 9:48pm On Aug 23, 2022
okeysoninv:
so we should deny ourselves to pacify our enemies. this is problem with igbos. trying to be politically correct to people that doesn't send you. if other groups in South south like let them vote outsiders . we will all collectively suffer it.

If Peter Obi didn't say that no need for argument.There is time for everything and the right statement should be made at the right time and right place, this isn't the right time for such tribal talk when you are aspiring to be president of multi ethnic Nigeria.Anyway I don't know Peter Obi as a reckless talker this statement must have come from the opposition.
Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by Kwipay: 9:48pm On Aug 23, 2022
HeeBraHim2:
In my last post, I explained that Peter Obi candidacy is an agenda to take over the south-South region that Igbo people have already have their eyes one for years.

Peter Obi proved me right today as he claimed that 40% of people of the south-South are Igbo. Some South South people who find this offensive kick against it

As usual Igbos take a sweep at them, they started abusing them telling that they don't know their history because if they do, they will know that they are Igbo.

Anyway let me stop here, read what South-South people said by yourself below.
Oga rest, this propaganda will not make d south south support Tinubu... Even did Obi says he hates south south, they will still vote for him, that's d spirit of Love not money.

Meanwhile, I sell PayPal funds and account for 550/$... kwitok.com/paypal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by Kwipay: 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2022
HeeBraHim2:
In my last post, I explained that Peter Obi candidacy is an agenda to take over the south-South region that Igbo people have already have their eyes one for years.

Peter Obi proved me right today as he claimed that 40% of people of the south-South are Igbo. Some South South people who find this offensive kick against it

As usual Igbos take a sweep at them, they started abusing them telling that they don't know their history because if they do, they will know that they are Igbo.

Anyway let me stop here, read what South-South people said by yourself below.
Oga rest, this propaganda will not make d south south support Tinubu... Even if Obi says he hates south south, they will still vote for him, that's d spirit of Love not money.

Meanwhile, I sell PayPal funds and account for 550/$... www.kwitok.com/paypal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by hammer3x: 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2022
THERE FADA!

THAT DELTA STATE OWN, MAKE ME LAUGH, THE IDIOT FORGOT HIS GOVERNOR CLAIM TO BE IGBO.

ENVY WILL NOT ALLOW THEM, SEE THE TRUTH AND KEEP QUIET.

THE ENTIRE RIVERS STATE IS ALMOST IGBO.

EDO HAVE THE IGBANKE, ALL THE STATE IN SS AND BENUE, KOGI HAVE IGBOS.

THERE IS A REASON IGBO ARE GROUPED AS A MAJORITY TRIBE IN NIGERIA AND THEIR ENVY OR HATE CANT CHANGE THAT FACT.

1 Share

Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by Tranquill: 9:50pm On Aug 23, 2022
okeysoninv:
ikwerre is Yoruba , happy now ozuo.

Your father is ozuo otherwise he would teach you where your igbo begins and ends.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by Elporo(m): 10:01pm On Aug 23, 2022
Igo9:
peter obi has betrayed us... To hell with his LP

My vote is now for either tinubu or atiku.. or he should make public apology to mostly the Ijaws

You are joking. You must be! grin
Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by abobote: 10:04pm On Aug 23, 2022
Punch again
Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by Nwaotu10(m): 10:07pm On Aug 23, 2022
FAKE NEWS. seun lalasticlala mynd
Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by chrisxxx(m): 10:12pm On Aug 23, 2022
okeysoninv:
My iwhuronha has got nothing to do with Igbo. God forbid. We reject it in Jesus name Amen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South People Kick As Peter Obi Said Igbos Made 40% Of The Region. by Felimax(m): 10:25pm On Aug 23, 2022
BeautifulMind2:

That what APC are banking on Obi never said such, Peter Obi will clear south-South and Southeast

Atiku is your next president. Even Obi confirmed it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gbadebo Rhodes-vivour Wife Address Lagosians Ahead Of Gubernatorial Election / This Happened In Ojota South West Nigeria / How True Is This Picture About The West (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.