Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin (17704 Views)

250k Job In Lagos Or 500k Job In Port Harcourt / How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job / N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by phemmyfour: 1:48pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:
Good day my fellow Nairalanders,

So I recently got a job as in IT officer in Lagos and in Benin, the one I got in Lagos(Restaurant /Fashion Store) is 250k plus pensions and HMO while the one in Benin(Hydro Farm) is 200k, no pension but there is free weekly farm produce available for staffs.

I currently reside in Lagos and my house rent is on the High side but I am from Benin and getting accommodation in Benin won't be hard.

With the high inflation rate, will you advise I move to Benin considering I won't be spending on food, transportation and housing is cheap.

Please I need your comments.
Stay in Lagos... opportunities abound here

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Chulluko(m): 1:53pm On Aug 25, 2022
Congratulations... Abeg where wuna dey see this offer nau... I dey for Lagos dey hustle for job since. Some should abeg help me with a Job please my email address: fyusuf26@yahoo.com
Gr8mike:

So I recently got a job as in IT officer in Lagos and in Benin, the one I got in Lagos(Restaurant /Fashion Store) is 250k plus pensions and HMO while the one in Benin(Hydro Farm) is 200k, no pension but there is free weekly farm produce available for staffs.

I currently reside in Lagos and my house rent is on the High side but I am from Benin and getting accommodation in Benin won't be hard.

With the high inflation rate, will you advise I move to Benin considering I won't be spending on food, transportation and housing is cheap.

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Gr8mike(m): 1:53pm On Aug 25, 2022
ThierryJay:

Thanks for your reply. What about Akute? You seem like someone I might know. If you dont want to disclose you can mention me on an old thread.

No bro, I have stayed mainly on the mainland and island
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Gr8mike(m): 1:56pm On Aug 25, 2022
philipobiz:

You got to move, there is a hidden trap, besides that amount is nothing compared to your salary+Free food stuff+time that will be on your side to start a business. You can not work forever for someone

You are right, but from what I seeand observed from recent emails, since joining the company, I have saved them cost, a lot of cost in installation, repairs, maintenance, and a few to mention. This is why they are willing to pay me more.

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by ultim: 1:57pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

Na wa oh . This person doesn't need to be told that he will be more positioned to network, more connected and even move between jobs easily in Lagos especially if he's still younger to shoulder reasonable work pressure and stress.

By the way, a thread in career section and not front page could get him reasonable answer as the question is like stating the obvious, kind of common sensical answer needed. There are more important things that should have occupied that space. Nairaland SMH

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by SmartyPants(m): 1:59pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

My brother, Lagos is tiring as well as interesting, good opportunities but high expenses and stressful.

Go to Benin, gather strength small, and come back to Lagos after one or two years.
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Spandau: 1:59pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

Lolzzz, my dear, you have said it all, my friend we both graduated from UNIBEN with 150k salary has a car now, from savings over the years, lives comfortably, though he always envy the Lagos lifestyle but chose comfort than luxury. I just spoke to him and he told me to grab the opportunity with both hands as I will be getting weekly foodstuffs and won't spend a dime on feeding, transportation is 200 go come from where I plan to stay.

I'm gonna say this once. GO TO BENIN!
You can even do your own contributory pension scheme while you still have more to save, peace of mind and general wellbeing.

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Gr8mike(m): 1:59pm On Aug 25, 2022
newcommer:
OP, stay in Lagos with the newly, amended salary. Career mobility is better in Lagos than in Benin.

please, which area of IT do you work in?

Hospitality industry,

I am mainly into Computer Networks, Cyber security, CCTV installation, Windows Server management, Hospitality Solution, and many more.

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Gr8mike(m): 2:01pm On Aug 25, 2022
lawaol2003:
Hello bro...abeg help ur fellow UNIBEN alumni....dt benin job I need am abeg. Am also an IT guy. Incase u decide to stay in Lagos.
Even if u g o....I Benin las las, recommend me for d oda job for lagos....whichever one. 08180355032 na my whatsapp no

Send your CV to me gr8ermike@gmail.com
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by newcommer: 2:01pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

Hospitality industry,

I am mainly into Computer Networks, Cyber security, CCTV installation, Windows Server management, Hospitality Solution, and many more.

Thank you. Please which courses did you take to be able to do this job? I want to transition to IT myself. I appreciate any help you can render, OP

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by saintneo(m): 2:03pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

Potentially, Lagos has more opportunities for growth.

If these options were in a bank operations job (the same bank but different branches), then Benin is better.
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Gr8mike(m): 2:06pm On Aug 25, 2022
newcommer:

Thank you. Please which courses did you take to be able to do this job? I want to transition to IT myself. I appreciate any help you can render, OP

CCNA, CCNP, COMPTIA, , MSCP, ITIL, PRINCE2, and I learnt from online videos, IT groups aand forums and on the job, I had wonderful mentors coming up over the years right from secondary school.

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by newcommer: 2:08pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

CCNA, CCNP, COMPTIA, , MSCP, ITIL, PRINCE2, and I learnt from online videos, IT groups aand forums and on the job, I had wonderful mentors coming up over the years right from secondary school.

Wow..I need such mentors too.
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Gr8mike(m): 2:42pm On Aug 25, 2022
newcommer:

Wow..I need such mentors too.
Yeah, you do.
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by ajbiggie(m): 3:00pm On Aug 25, 2022
My brother relocate to Benin now because you will able to save more money than Lagos which is expensive when compared.
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Agwoden(m): 3:03pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

Exactly what my GM said, that with my skills, in no long time I will continue to earn more, if I go to Benin, I will stagnate my progress as I am still a young Lad. I am currently running an online course which my current company gives me time to attend due to the structures I have laid down, moving to a new company might not give me that luxury of time.

Last night, I spied into the email conversations they had, and all my Lebanese Chairman was saying, is do everything to keep him, he is good. This gave me more courage to negotiate more.

I just finished having a meeting with the management board and with counsel from mentors and you guys here, I negotiated for Free meal and HMO with pension, they agreed for the free meal and pension, but disagreed on the HMO.

I thank you all for giving me the courage to take some decisions. If everything goes as plan, from my next salary, I promise a little giveaway to all that commented here.

Thank you all.
You're an asset to the company. Stay in Lagos and grow but let all agreements be documented in your new offer letter.

2 Likes

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by halfdollar: 3:06pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

I stay here in Lagos the cost of living in Lagos is jst too high transport, traffic � to cut everything short Lagos is too clouded full of stress pls take that 200k job for Benin is more much better if I were u I would have even leave that 250j job here Lagos travel down to Benin for that 200k job.
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by yekete: 3:12pm On Aug 25, 2022
You deserve to be fired for this unethical behavior of your. How are you sure, none of your company staff are not on this faceless forum reading this thrash.

Gr8mike:

Exactly what my GM said, that with my skills, in no long time I will continue to earn more, if I go to Benin, I will stagnate my progress as I am still a young Lad. I am currently running an online course which my current company gives me time to attend due to the structures I have laid down, moving to a new company might not give me that luxury of time.

Last night, I spied into the email conversations they had, and all my Lebanese Chairman was saying, is do everything to keep him, he is good. This gave me more courage to negotiate more.

I just finished having a meeting with the management board and with counsel from mentors and you guys here, I negotiated for Free meal and HMO with pension, they agreed for the free meal and pension, but disagreed on the HMO.

I thank you all for giving me the courage to take some decisions. If everything goes as plan, from my next salary, I promise a little giveaway to all that commented here.

Thank you all.
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by victorsola: 3:19pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

if you have a family house in benin. Fine but if not the cost of living in benin is like Lagos oo . Even in some part more expensive Dan Lagos.
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by victorsola: 3:23pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

everybody commenting benin , Benin is not cheap oo. Some places in Lagos are cheaper than benin oo . Lagos and benin in terms of rent are the same I work and stay in benin . If you have a family house there that you don’t pay rent . Good for you . Transportation is also in the high side .food sef Dey expensive. People reason benin as a low cost state . Benin na abroad oo.

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Exceed15: 3:54pm On Aug 25, 2022
Benin. Cost of living is low. Save yourself from day to day traffic.
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Gr8mike(m): 3:55pm On Aug 25, 2022
yekete:

You deserve to be fired for this unethical behavior of your. How are you sure, none of your company staff are not on this faceless forum reading this thrash.

Bros Calm down,

But nonetheless,

Thank you for your presumption.
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Gr8mike(m): 4:04pm On Aug 25, 2022
Dear Nairalanders,

Once again, thank you for your comments, I have been a able to finalise on my decision.

Due to the number of mails I am receiving for job connects, I have created a group where I will be dropping legit job posts from my connects.

Please join below,

https://tdotme/+soRSqYS6gsEzYTNk

Change dot

Due to Nairaland rules

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by ThierryJay: 4:11pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

No bro, I have stayed mainly on the mainland and island

Ok. Cheers
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by newcommer: 4:48pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

Yeah, you do.

How do you suggest I meet them? I will admit, my personality tends to work against me. I'm very introverted and I don't know how to network and mingle.

Is that your group on Telegram? Can you do a whatsapp group as well, if it's not too much trouble?
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by ThegreatLion: 4:50pm On Aug 25, 2022
What makes you think Benin is cheap. The cost of living in Benin is almost same with Lagos, everything is very expensive in Benin including house
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by auwalyau: 5:10pm On Aug 25, 2022
Who said so, I spent 50k BEDC bills alone in Benin. It all depend on which area and usage offcourse. on
kowema:
Kindly go to Benin since it's up for consideration.
With that pay u are a rich man in Benin city. With 50k out of that cash, your utility bills are likely covered and you can save as much as 40% at the end of the day.

Meanwhile in Lagos, transportation can gulp 50k off the pay monthly, Accomodation can gulp a big chunk even when the house is not a match compared to what you will get in Benin with equivalent sum or less.
Finally, you already know how frustrating Lagos[b] traffic can be.
If you stay in Lag for 50 years, you would have spent 15 years in traffic. Lol
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by pretydiva(f): 5:14pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:
Wow, thanks so much guys for all the comments, having discussed with my GM(we are very close), I told him I would be resigning cos I got a better offer of 350k(Lol), cos the Benin Job is like a 350k job in Lagos. He was like congratulations but I should hold on first and not tender my resignation, he would discuss with the Chairman and MD ASAP, only for me to get a call this evening from him telling me congratulations, they are willing to pay me that same 350k. This just scatter my head. Lots of thoughts running through my mind right now.

Why didn't they increase my pay all this while?

Why are they willing to suddenly pay me that same 350k?

Hope this is not a trap to just increase my work and tie me down?
Pls in case you want to defer the benin offer, kindly link me up biko. I'm base in Benin. Thanks
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Watinhapen(m): 5:15pm On Aug 25, 2022
@Poster, I’m from Edo State too, so I’m going to advice you like a brother. I would’ve advised you to go to Benin for the 200k while your salary in Lagos is 250k. I read where you said your company is ready to increase your salary to 350k. If that is true and you trust them, you should remain in that company. 350k is a very good salary in Nigeria and with good management you can save as much as 200k every month, even in Lagos. Don’t make the mistake of going to Benin if your company is going to pay you 350k.

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by tonyson010(m): 5:24pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:
Wow, thanks so much guys for all the comments, having discussed with my GM(we are very close), I told him I would be resigning cos I got a better offer of 350k(Lol), cos the Benin Job is like a 350k job in Lagos. He was like congratulations but I should hold on first and not tender my resignation, he would discuss with the Chairman and MD ASAP, only for me to get a call this evening from him telling me congratulations, they are willing to pay me that same 350k. This just scatter my head. Lots of thoughts running through my mind right now.

Why didn't they increase my pay all this while?

Why are they willing to suddenly pay me that same 350k?

Hope this is not a trap to just increase my work and tie me down?

remain in Lagos and keep improving urself.

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by GENTLETEE(m): 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2022
Benin is It!
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by kowema(f): 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2022
auwalyau:
Who said so, I spent 50k BEDC bills alone in Benin. It all depend on which area and usage offcourse. on

Lol. You know that bill I quoted has exceptions.
Na mumu go dey earn 200k dey incure 50k BEDC bills alone.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Workforce Massive Recruitment (100 Slots) / Apply For The RTI Nationwide International Fresh Job Recruitment (18 Positions) / Oil & Gas Companies Aptitude Test Questions-ebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.