Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin (17712 Views)

250k Job In Lagos Or 500k Job In Port Harcourt / How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job / N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by greatseo(m): 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2022
My brother you I will advice you to run down to Benin,
life here is easy and stress-free not like Lagos,
I also had same offer while in Lagos and I am not regretting picking Benin over Lagos

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Genesils(m): 7:25pm On Aug 25, 2022
Fantastic!!!
Congratulations chief
Gr8mike:

Exactly what my GM said, that with my skills, in no long time I will continue to earn more, if I go to Benin, I will stagnate my progress as I am still a young Lad. I am currently running an online course which my current company gives me time to attend due to the structures I have laid down, moving to a new company might not give me that luxury of time.

Last night, I spied into the email conversations they had, and all my Lebanese Chairman was saying, is do everything to keep him, he is good. This gave me more courage to negotiate more.

I just finished having a meeting with the management board and with counsel from mentors and you guys here, I negotiated for Free meal and HMO with pension, they agreed for the free meal and pension, but disagreed on the HMO.

I thank you all for giving me the courage to take some decisions. If everything goes as plan, from my next salary, I promise a little giveaway to all that commented here.

Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by gonkin(m): 7:28pm On Aug 25, 2022
Benin straight. Within 2 years if you are not a heavy spender ull get a side business. That's extra money.

Even if it's 300k in lagos and 200k in benin. I'LL STILL TAKE BENIN. Lagos rent is murder. The crib you'll get at benin for half the price of Lagos crib will look more premium than Lagos.
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by enoch273: 7:35pm On Aug 25, 2022
Utility is the only thing that makes Benin stand out, I strongly suggest you stay in Lagos which has more career opportunities, besides the newly developed whistle app solves traffic bottlenecks while providing sanity and safety to lagosians on the road.

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Genesils(m): 7:36pm On Aug 25, 2022
This screams VALUE!
Well deserved promotion.
Gr8mike:

Exactly what my GM said, that with my skills, in no long time I will continue to earn more, if I go to Benin, I will stagnate my progress as I am still a young Lad. I am currently running an online course which my current company gives me time to attend due to the structures I have laid down, moving to a new company might not give me that luxury of time.

Last night, I spied into the email conversations they had, and all my Lebanese Chairman was saying, is do everything to keep him, he is good. This gave me more courage to negotiate more.

I just finished having a meeting with the management board and with counsel from mentors and you guys here, I negotiated for Free meal and HMO with pension, they agreed for the free meal and pension, but disagreed on the HMO.

I thank you all for giving me the courage to take some decisions. If everything goes as plan, from my next salary, I promise a little giveaway to all that commented here.

Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Genesils(m): 7:46pm On Aug 25, 2022
newcommer:

How do you suggest I meet them? I will admit, my personality tends to work against me. I'm very introverted and I don't know how to network and mingle.

Is that your group on Telegram? Can you do a whatsapp group as well, if it's not too much trouble?

Mehn... what do you mean by the bolded ? You can always change please, you can always reinvent yourself, and get better.
You need the social skills no matter what, you don't need to become an extrovert entirely but you can grow to the extent where you can switch up your personality to suit the occasion.

Do you need some push/coaching? I'm not a pro or something but if you're intentional about building your people/networking skills then PM

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Zee0007: 9:08pm On Aug 25, 2022
Pick the one at be in and enjoy. Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Niswayne19: 9:16pm On Aug 25, 2022
250k in Lagos for me.

Get any 20000mAH power bank and get free earphones. This offer is valid from the 24th to the 26th of August.

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Impactech: 10:06pm On Aug 25, 2022
I think lagos is better, so far where you stay is not far from workplace

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by enonamso(m): 12:06am On Aug 26, 2022
Gr8mike:
Wow, thanks so much guys for all the comments, having discussed with my GM(we are very close), I told him I would be resigning cos I got a better offer of 350k(Lol), cos the Benin Job is like a 350k job in Lagos. He was like congratulations but I should hold on first and not tender my resignation, he would discuss with the Chairman and MD ASAP, only for me to get a call this evening from him telling me congratulations, they are willing to pay me that same 350k. This just scatter my head. Lots of thoughts running through my mind right now.

Why didn't they increase my pay all this while?

Why are they willing to suddenly pay me that same 350k?

Hope this is not a trap to just increase my work and tie me down?

Them wan tie you down....run ooo
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by hyuga(m): 12:24am On Aug 26, 2022
You're right about chasing bus compared to Benin but Benin bus drivers are quite worse than lagos and their agbero adds to their predicament. The cheap house rent in Benin are old apartments I believe as those at more urban and residential tual area like GRA, sapele Road are quite expensive too. Benin is more serene than lagos overall but depends on op GOALs
Ologbo147:
That's a lie bro, you can't compare the house rent in lagos, cost of transportation,traffic, extremely stressful lifestyle in lagos(where you have to run into a moving bus ,that's extremely risky and archaic) which will leave you sick in no time to Benin. Life expectancy in both cities are both wide apart. It is only after like 15 to 20 years that he will begin to notice that he is far older than his friends in other more relaxed cities.

And also he will be given foodstuffs at his workplace. For me I will take the Benin to even 400 in lagos because when you compare them, a 200k job in Benin coupled with a weekly supply of food is worth 450k in lagos state.

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by crossbreedwears(m): 1:26am On Aug 26, 2022
Your Nepal bill is crazy. I'll suggest you look deeply into it unless you run AC all the day. I'm sure you can cut down your utility billa
Gr8mike:

You have a point but considering house rent and transportation, one will wonder how much of the 250k you can save, I had to discover from Nepa recently has my bill was up to 15k monthly for just a 2room apartment, lawma bill is there, landlord and tenant contribution, utility bill is just crazy.

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Leogreat5: 5:43am On Aug 26, 2022
Good day Boss.
please can you connect me with the farm in Benin . I have a degree in Agriculture and have experience in poultry, Ruminants and crop husbandry ( palms,cassava,maize,etc). WhatsApp 070385361998

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by nony43(m): 6:16am On Aug 26, 2022
Gr8mike:
Wow, thanks so much guys for all the comments, having discussed with my GM(we are very close), I told him I would be resigning cos I got a better offer of 350k(Lol), cos the Benin Job is like a 350k job in Lagos. He was like congratulations but I should hold on first and not tender my resignation, he would discuss with the Chairman and MD ASAP, only for me to get a call this evening from him telling me congratulations, they are willing to pay me that same 350k. This just scatter my head. Lots of thoughts running through my mind right now.

Why didn't they increase my pay all this while?

Why are they willing to suddenly pay me that same 350k?

Hope this is not a trap to just increase my work and tie me down?

Imagine. So imagine that you told them you got 400k job elsewhere. Bro I think you worth more o. I will suggest you create another thread for this.

But I love Benin sha. Cost of living is cheap.

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by OVB123: 12:21pm On Aug 26, 2022
nony43:

Imagine. So imagine that you told them you got 400k job elsewhere. Bro I think you worth more o. I will suggest you create another thread for this.

My bro, cost of living in benin city is on the high side ooo. Benin city is very expensive.

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Gr8mike(m): 6:24pm On Aug 26, 2022
newcommer:

How do you suggest I meet them? I will admit, my personality tends to work against me. I'm very introverted and I don't know how to network and mingle.

Is that your group on Telegram? Can you do a whatsapp group as well, if it's not too much trouble?

Okay, I have decided to create a WhatsApp group for IT SUPPORT, if you are willing to learn or share knowledge concerning the IT support world.

We would be also answering questions and dealing with common issues faced with IT support especially in the Hospitality industry and also be sharing IT SUPPORT jobs.

https://chatdotwhatsappdotcom/HaisQZs4wfm1Wg6C20efYb

Change the dot to.
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Gr8mike(m): 6:27pm On Aug 26, 2022
pretydiva:

Pls in case you want to defer the benin offer, kindly link me up biko. I'm base in Benin. Thanks

Are you into IT support. Though I have given this particular one to someone. I can review you both and see who will best fit for it
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Gr8mike(m): 6:35pm On Aug 26, 2022
nony43:

I am telling you bro, at first I was scared they might ask for my new job offer letter to confirm, but they didn't cos they have a level of trust for me due to past experiences with me and how I have gone about my job honestly.

According to my CFO they would have paid up to that 400k cos since when I came I have cut down on AMCs and unnecessary expenses but lemme not be greedy but take it step by step. I believe God will keep rewarding me.

My advice to all, be honest, be dilligent, build capacity, keep grinding, one day you will look back and see how far God has taken you.

I hope to create a thread one day of how I started has an ICT instructor just 4yrs ago earning 30k and about to earn 350k now.

God no dey fail o.

Your hustle will pay one day.

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Nichotivity1(m): 7:53pm On Aug 26, 2022
Gr8mike:

Most of my connects are Lagos and Abuja, but if I have any I will let you know, you can reach me on my email gr8ermike@gmail.com
Reading your last post before mine, I almost cried seeing how far I would have gone,even in IT and my degree program,but it is well.
I would be interested too if you have connects in Abuja...maybe for driving or any other positions as I didn't eventually get my certificate from school

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by n0ble(m): 8:06pm On Aug 26, 2022
Supervisor and sales rep needed urgently in a beverage distributing company. Salary 60k for manager 40k for sales rep location benin City ugbowo
If interested call 0810 920 7108
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Thomthom(m): 9:39pm On Aug 26, 2022
Gr8mike:
Good day my fellow Nairalanders,

So I recently got a job as in IT officer in Lagos and in Benin, the one I got in Lagos(Restaurant /Fashion Store) is 250k plus pensions and HMO while the one in Benin(Hydro Farm) is 200k, no pension but there is free weekly farm produce available for staffs.

I currently reside in Lagos and my house rent is on the High side but I am from Benin and getting accommodation in Benin won't be hard.

With the high inflation rate, will you advise I move to Benin considering I won't be spending on food, transportation and housing is cheap.

Please I need your comments.
Bro abeg if you get any opportunity abeg make u link me oo I don find job tire

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Gr8mike(m): 9:52pm On Aug 26, 2022
Nichotivity1:

Reading your last post before mine, I almost cried seeing how far I would have gone,even in IT and my degree program,but it is well.
I would be interested too if you have connects in Abuja...maybe for driving or any other positions as I didn't eventually get my certificate from school

It's well bro, if any comes up, I will reach out to you.

Don't give up, it's never too late to start
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by MajorLanister: 9:53pm On Aug 26, 2022
Gr8mike:
Good day my fellow Nairalanders,

So I recently got a job as in IT officer in Lagos and in Benin, the one I got in Lagos(Restaurant /Fashion Store) is 250k plus pensions and HMO while the one in Benin(Hydro Farm) is 200k, no pension but there is free weekly farm produce available for staffs.

I currently reside in Lagos and my house rent is on the High side but I am from Benin and getting accommodation in Benin won't be hard.

With the high inflation rate, will you advise I move to Benin considering I won't be spending on food, transportation and housing is cheap.

Please I need your comments.

Benin isn't as cheap as you think. I have worked three years in Benin before coming back to Lagos. Benin is high on food compare to Lagos. Also Houses are just a little bit cheaper than Lagos. Opportunities are relatively low as you may find yourself coming back to Lagos for Interviews.
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Michella25: 10:06pm On Aug 26, 2022
Gr8mike:

I am telling you bro, at first I was scared they might ask for my new job offer letter to confirm, but they didn't cos they have a level of trust for me due to past experiences with me and how I have gone about my job honestly.

According to my CFO they would have paid up to that 400k cos since when I came I have cut down on AMCs and unnecessary expenses but lemme not be greedy but take it step by step. I believe God will keep rewarding me.

My advice to all, be honest, be dilligent, build capacity, keep grinding, one day you will look back and see how far God has taken you.

I hope to create a thread one day of how I started has an ICT instructor just 4yrs ago earning 30k and about to earn 350k now.

God no dey fail o.

Your hustle will pay one day.

Cheers

Congratulations on this elevation bro.

My own time is coming smiley

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Nichotivity1(m): 10:43pm On Aug 26, 2022
Gr8mike:

It's well bro, if any comes up, I will reach out to you.
Don't give up, it's never too late to start
You are a good man. Thanks a lot Bro.

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by pretydiva(f): 10:54pm On Aug 26, 2022
Gr8mike:

Are you into IT support. Though I have given this particular one to someone. I can review you both and see who will best fit for it
Not me per se, it's for my brother. Pls help. Thanks
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by kaymart: 1:23pm On Aug 27, 2022
Fadoria:
Am a lagos based , i served in benin that was year 2016 recently i visited benin for a business trip ,well let me share my experience and air my opinion. people living in benin can aslo witness that the cost of living in benin is quiet expensive base on the feeding espect compared to lagos,90% of your salary will be spend more on feeding
So, what's Ur point..
Benin or Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Friend Took The 300k Work In Lagos / N-Power Adopts Whistle Blowing Strategy To Expose Volunteers Already Employed / What Do You Think About Jobberman ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.