Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin (17727 Views)

250k Job In Lagos Or 500k Job In Port Harcourt / How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job / N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Zanzibar1: 6:45am On Aug 25, 2022
how una dey get this job for graduate entry level cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Richarlison640(m): 8:31am On Aug 25, 2022
Oga I have spent 5year in Benin I have nearly spend 2years her in Lagos if am given the opportunity your have I won't wast my time thinking about it I will go strait to Benin

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Abudu2000(m): 9:38am On Aug 25, 2022
Better go to benin Lagos done cast. Lagos only favours those into business or slightly if you have skills but too much competition and the expenses won't let you even plan well meanwhile in Benin complete rest of mind and less stress. So you won't die before your time

3 Likes

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Hdhdhd(m): 11:57am On Aug 25, 2022
Ok
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Sermwell(m): 11:58am On Aug 25, 2022
Are you playing? What type of play is this??

You better take the job in Benin!

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by tomzyELNINO: 11:58am On Aug 25, 2022
Lagos has better oppurtunities to change job and move higher unlike Benin. I will advise you stay put in Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Prettylima(f): 11:58am On Aug 25, 2022
Lagos any time any day check my signature I produce all kinds of packaging cartons

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by begge: 11:59am On Aug 25, 2022
Even 100k, i still prefer benin

3 Likes

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by joyd200: 12:00pm On Aug 25, 2022
Benin people go use jealousy and juju kill you. Stay in Lagos, those people hate progress.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by AfahaAbia(m): 12:00pm On Aug 25, 2022
Bro i would advice you move to Benin. Forget about that Lagos , Its totally overhyped

2 Likes

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Michelbare(m): 12:00pm On Aug 25, 2022
I take God beg you

please go to Benin

Accommodation in Benin is friendly

Weekly Farm produce (This already is a Plus)

Register for an HMO (Hallmark HMO, I work with them and to be honest, it's affordable)

Transportation in Benin is Cheap
Foodstuff is cheap
Living standard is better compared to Lagos

LAGOS is too expensive for nothing

3 Likes

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Secondly: 12:01pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:
Good day my fellow Nairalanders,

So I recently got a job as in IT officer in Lagos and in Benin, the one I got in Lagos(Restaurant /Fashion Store) is 250k plus pensions and HMO while the one in Benin(Hydro Farm) is 200k, no pension but there is free weekly farm produce available for staffs.

I currently reside in Lagos and my house rent is on the High side but I am from Benin and getting accommodation in Benin won't be hard.

With the high inflation rate, will you advise I move to Benin considering I won't be spending on food, transportation and housing is cheap.

Please I need your comments.

Lagos ain't shit

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by kapelvej: 12:01pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

So I recently got a job as in IT officer in Lagos and in Benin, the one I got in Lagos(Restaurant /Fashion Store) is 250k plus pensions and HMO while the one in Benin(Hydro Farm) is 200k, no pension but there is free weekly farm produce available for staffs.

I currently reside in Lagos and my house rent is on the High side but I am from Benin and getting accommodation in Benin won't be hard.

With the high inflation rate, will you advise I move to Benin considering I won't be spending on food, transportation and housing is cheap.

I hear dey usually wake up by 3 am in Lagos for a job starting by 9 am, just to avoid traffic

2 Likes

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by WowSweetGuy(m): 12:02pm On Aug 25, 2022
See better job opportunity below
Quote me if interested .

I'm the laoshi teacher personally

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by biggz82: 12:02pm On Aug 25, 2022
My guy take anyone the two na the same, traffic na the 2 cities middle name
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by faithfull18(f): 12:03pm On Aug 25, 2022
kapelvej:
I hear dey usually wake up by 3 am in Lagos for a job starting by 9 am, just to avoid traffic
True, no rest if you aren't the CEO wink

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Harnny(m): 12:03pm On Aug 25, 2022
Better stay in lagos, a friend we joined the bank together in akure is still in the same position while I have moved like 4 times. I no longer even work for naija firms. You cannot compare the connect and exposure in lagos. I moved to IT in the same bank and that was it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by muhammadmuqtada(m): 12:04pm On Aug 25, 2022
Benin! Na transport and accommodation go finish your money for Lagos.
Gr8mike:

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Brunosamel(m): 12:04pm On Aug 25, 2022
kowema:

If you stay in Lag for 50 years, you would have spent 15 years in traffic. Lol
Damn this one weak me grin

2 Likes

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by ThierryJay: 12:05pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:
Wow, thanks so much guys for all the comments, having discussed with my GM(we are very close), I told him I would be resigning cos I got a better offer of 350k(Lol), cos the Benin Job is like a 350k job in Lagos. He was like congratulations but I should hold on first and not tender my resignation, he would discuss with the Chairman and MD ASAP, only for me to get a call this evening from him telling me congratulations, they are willing to pay me that same 350k. This just scatter my head. Lots of thoughts running through my mind right now.

Why didn't they increase my pay all this while?

Why are they willing to suddenly pay me that same 350k?

Hope this is not a trap to just increase my work and tie me down?

As long as they have documented the new 350k in an improved letter take it and stay in Lagos. You have better chances in Lag of moving from 350k to 500-700k within few years than in Benin where you might be on that 200k for several years.

BTW, did you use to repair computer gadgets before did you ever stay in Ojodu Berger area? Will appreciate your response.

9 Likes

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by hyuga(m): 12:07pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

My brother, Lagos is tiring as well as interesting, good opportunities but high expenses and stressful.

Benin is almost as expensive as lagos. Lesser traffic tho

5 Likes

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by UGBE634: 12:08pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

with that amount, you are a rich man in Benin city

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by AriseNews: 12:09pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:
Wow, thanks so much guys for all the comments, having discussed with my GM(we are very close), I told him I would be resigning cos I got a better offer of 350k(Lol), cos the Benin Job is like a 350k job in Lagos. He was like congratulations but I should hold on first and not tender my resignation, he would discuss with the Chairman and MD ASAP, only for me to get a call this evening from him telling me congratulations, they are willing to pay me that same 350k. This just scatter my head. Lots of thoughts running through my mind right now.

Why didn't they increase my pay all this while?

Why are they willing to suddenly pay me that same 350k?

Hope this is not a trap to just increase my work and tie me down?

You're a real asset to the company. Congratulations! Jus remain here one time na. Since you have a good rapport with your superior

9 Likes

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by eedimo(m): 12:10pm On Aug 25, 2022
Where una dey see this job sev

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Zetty177x: 12:17pm On Aug 25, 2022
Benin
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by philipobiz: 12:18pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

Lolzzz, my dear, you have said it all, my friend we both graduated from UNIBEN with 150k salary has a car now, from savings over the years, lives comfortably, though he always envy the Lagos lifestyle but chose comfort than luxury. I just spoke to him and he told me to grab the opportunity with both hands as I will be getting weekly foodstuffs and won't spend a dime on feeding, transportation is 200 go come from where I plan to stay.

In Benin with your large savings within a short period, you can start a good business, that can be part of your retirement plan.
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by oneMalik: 12:18pm On Aug 25, 2022
See , that your 250k in Lagos is just 25k in Benin . the stress , accomodations , feeding and so on . If you wanna live in lag you must be loaded , no be joke o !

use your tongue to count your teeth as you said you're from Benin.

Lagos is centre of excellence as you know and that makes it more harder for hustlers to survive here . living in lag will expose you to a lot of things and if your brain can not carry it you fit work for 100yrs and you never buy land .

ma guy I beg move . with your exposure you'll Excell anywhere in the world as far as you ve lived and hustle in Lagos . no be lie o!

and when you get to Benin use your head o , no go dey form one nonsense Lagos boy for there make Dem no show you wetin you no sabi

Gr8mike:

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by VTJN(m): 12:19pm On Aug 25, 2022
Harnny:
Better stay in lagos, a friend we joined the bank together in akure is still in the same position while I have moved like 4 times. I no longer even work for naija firms. You cannot compare the connect and exposure in lagos. I moved to IT in the same bank and that was it.
please sir can you connect me to any of the banking job?
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by frranklin: 12:19pm On Aug 25, 2022
In lagos your transport fare will eat up your salary couple with stress and waking up by 3am to prepare for work and get home 11pm in the Night. I sell phmeter click phmeter to chat me up.
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Zetty177x: 12:20pm On Aug 25, 2022
tomzyELNINO:
Lagos has better oppurtunities to change job and move higher unlike Benin. I will advise you stay put in Lagos.

I disagree . I know people who worked in lagos and got more comfortable live in Benin after spending several years in Lagos
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Frederick2017: 12:24pm On Aug 25, 2022
Benin city for me
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Sukkyy2010: 12:25pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

Lolzzz, my dear, you have said it all, my friend we both graduated from UNIBEN with 150k salary has a car now, from savings over the years, lives comfortably, though he always envy the Lagos lifestyle but chose comfort than luxury. I just spoke to him and he told me to grab the opportunity with both hands as I will be getting weekly foodstuffs and won't spend a dime on feeding, transportation is 200 go come from where I plan to stay.
Your friend earning 150k and chose to live luxury life by buying car( liability) this shows your friend lack financial intelligence, I guess he's still single but on a contrary if he's married then he's definitely not financially strong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Things To Do When You Can't Get A Job - MUST READ / What Do You Think About Jobberman ? / May & Baker Nigeria Plc Recruitment 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.