Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,903 members, 7,828,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin (17728 Views)

250k Job In Lagos Or 500k Job In Port Harcourt / How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job / N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Angelawhite(m): 12:27pm On Aug 25, 2022
I will choose Lagos any day, any time. If you’re looking for savings, go for Benin. If you’re looking for better prospects, networking, opportunities and growth potential, go for Lagos.

5 Likes

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by ajayiopy: 12:27pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:
Good day my fellow Nairalanders,

So I recently got a job as in IT officer in Lagos and in Benin, the one I got in Lagos(Restaurant /Fashion Store) is 250k plus pensions and HMO while the one in Benin(Hydro Farm) is 200k, no pension but there is free weekly farm produce available for staffs.

I currently reside in Lagos and my house rent is on the High side but I am from Benin and getting accommodation in Benin won't be hard.

With the high inflation rate, will you advise I move to Benin considering I won't be spending on food, transportation and housing is cheap.

Please I need your comments.
STAY IN BENIN, GATHER ENOGH EXPERIENCE AND ESTABILISH YOURSELF.
IT IS EASIER TO SAFE IN BENIN THAN LAGOS.
IF YOU NEED MORE EXPOSURE IN YOUR FIELD ATTEND MORE SEMINARS

2 Likes

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Sukkyy2010: 12:27pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

Lolzzz, my dear, you have said it all, my friend we both graduated from UNIBEN with 150k salary has a car now, from savings over the years, lives comfortably, though he always envy the Lagos lifestyle but chose comfort than luxury. I just spoke to him and he told me to grab the opportunity with both hands as I will be getting weekly foodstuffs and won't spend a dime on feeding, transportation is 200 go come from where I plan to stay.
Your friend earning 150k and chose to live luxury life by buying car( liability) this shows your friend lack financial intelligence, I guess he's still single but on a contrary if he's married then is definitely not financially strong. I advise you never imitate he's financial management concept.

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by philipobiz: 12:28pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:
Wow, thanks so much guys for all the comments, having discussed with my GM(we are very close), I told him I would be resigning cos I got a better offer of 350k(Lol), cos the Benin Job is like a 350k job in Lagos. He was like congratulations but I should hold on first and not tender my resignation, he would discuss with the Chairman and MD ASAP, only for me to get a call this evening from him telling me congratulations, they are willing to pay me that same 350k. This just scatter my head. Lots of thoughts running through my mind right now.

Why didn't they increase my pay all this while?

Why are they willing to suddenly pay me that same 350k?

Hope this is not a trap to just increase my work and tie me down?
You got to move, there is a hidden trap, besides that amount is nothing compared to your salary+Free food stuff+time that will be on your side to start a business. You can not work forever for someone

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by dreu2fine(m): 12:28pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

So I recently got a job as in IT officer in Lagos and in Benin, the one I got in Lagos(Restaurant /Fashion Store) is 250k plus pensions and HMO while the one in Benin(Hydro Farm) is 200k, no pension but there is free weekly farm produce available for staffs.

I currently reside in Lagos and my house rent is on the High side but I am from Benin and getting accommodation in Benin won't be hard.

With the high inflation rate, will you advise I move to Benin considering I won't be spending on food, transportation and housing is cheap.

you have ansewred he question already benin is your best bet
but no complain say witches too m,uch oooooooopo
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Fadoria: 12:33pm On Aug 25, 2022
Am a lagos based , i served in benin that was year 2016 recently i visited benin for a business trip ,well let me share my experience and air my opinion. people living in benin can aslo witness that the cost of living in benin is quiet expensive base on the feeding espect compared to lagos,90% of your salary will be spend more on feeding

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Ologbo147: 12:34pm On Aug 25, 2022
hyuga:

Benin is almost as expensive as lagos. Lesser traffic tho
That's a lie bro, you can't compare the house rent in lagos, cost of transportation,traffic, extremely stressful lifestyle in lagos(where you have to run into a moving bus ,that's extremely risky and archaic) which will leave you sick in no time to Benin. Life expectancy in both cities are both wide apart. It is only after like 15 to 20 years that he will begin to notice that he is far older than his friends in other more relaxed cities.

And also he will be given foodstuffs at his workplace. For me I will take the Benin to even 400 in lagos because when you compare them, a 200k job in Benin coupled with a weekly supply of food is worth 450k in lagos state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by oladipuposadeeq(m): 12:34pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

You have a point but considering house rent and transportation, one will wonder how much of the 250k you can save, I had to discover from Nepa recently has my bill was up to 15k monthly for just a 2room apartment, lawma bill is there, landlord and tenant contribution, utility bill is just crazy.
15k per month chia na prepaid sure pass ooooooo i have been using 5k recharge for like 2 months plus now chia life is sweet grin
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by jamesbondchick: 12:34pm On Aug 25, 2022
Abeg gimme the Benin job contact, my brother nor get better work wink

Gr8mike:
Wow, thanks so much guys for all the comments, having discussed with my GM(we are very close), I told him I would be resigning cos I got a better offer of 350k(Lol), cos the Benin Job is like a 350k job in Lagos. He was like congratulations but I should hold on first and not tender my resignation, he would discuss with the Chairman and MD ASAP, only for me to get a call this evening from him telling me congratulations, they are willing to pay me that same 350k. This just scatter my head. Lots of thoughts running through my mind right now.

Why didn't they increase my pay all this while?

Why are they willing to suddenly pay me that same 350k?

Hope this is not a trap to just increase my work and tie me down?
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Advancedman(m): 12:36pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

Benefits Benin
Career Benin
Location Benin
Except you have personal reasons.

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Mrklemo(m): 12:38pm On Aug 25, 2022
Congrats on your new 350k new job.
Pls if you have any connection in Uyo, connect me thanks.
Bsc Geography and Regional planning.
Experience - Customer service.

Thanks
clementjohn91@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Oruhuwin(m): 12:39pm On Aug 25, 2022
Baba fly to Benin. Don't listen to devil that is pushing you to hell called Lagos
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by OgaDeyVex: 12:39pm On Aug 25, 2022
200k Job And 250k Job, Na Small Money
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by DaddyFabooluz(m): 12:44pm On Aug 25, 2022
mokset123:
Stick with lagos, pension plus your salary is good, hopefully you would move from there to a better opportunity, try network as lagos have more opportunities

This same pension wey no dey guaranteed after retirement. You waste your years only to start fighting for your pension at old age.

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Cloud007: 12:44pm On Aug 25, 2022
Stick with Lagos

2 Likes

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by newoffer: 12:45pm On Aug 25, 2022
Run to Benin and add 20 years to your lifespan. I wake 4.30 am from Orile to go to work on the island. I leave home 5.30am. just to leave the stress and traffic wahala. Right now I have ache cos sleep no fit balance. In Benin u will do more. Lagos wey dis guys dey take do market don make many people become fixed deposit
karmaleon:
Go for the Benin job and come back here to thank me. Be like Lagos sufferhead and stress never tire you. Na when old age reach you go Sabi wetin backlog of stress mean. The only condition I'd advise you go for Lagos option is if the pay is very good to afford you a healthy and comfortable lifestyle. If you're running a program or have set goals for yourself. If not, RUN!

2 Likes

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by GodAbeg5(m): 12:49pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

Better run to Benin. Your life would be much better
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Gr8mike(m): 12:58pm On Aug 25, 2022
ThierryJay:

As long as they have documented the new 350k in an improved letter take it and stay in Lagos. You have better chances in Lag of moving from 350k to 500-700k within few years than in Benin where you might be on that 200k for several years.

BTW, did you use to repair computer gadgets before did you ever stay in Ojodu Berger area? Will appreciate your response.
You aew right.
Yes I do repairs, but I have never stayed in Ojodu berger.
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Gr8mike(m): 1:01pm On Aug 25, 2022
jamesbondchick:
Abeg gimme the Benin job contact, my brother nor get better work wink

I have given the Benin Job contact to someone here already that first email me. Sorry bro.
If any opportunities comes up, I will update here.

2 Likes

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by newcommer: 1:01pm On Aug 25, 2022
OP, stay in Lagos with the newly, amended salary. Career mobility is better in Lagos than in Benin.

please, which area of IT do you work in?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by ThierryJay: 1:08pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

You aew right.
Yes I do repairs, but I have never stayed in Ojodu berger.

Thanks for your reply. What about Akute? You seem like someone I might know. If you dont want to disclose you can mention me on an old thread.
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Gr8mike(m): 1:10pm On Aug 25, 2022
ThierryJay:

As long as they have documented the new 350k in an improved letter take it and stay in Lagos. You have better chances in Lag of moving from 350k to 500-700k within few years than in Benin where you might be on that 200k for several years.

BTW, did you use to repair computer gadgets before did you ever stay in Ojodu Berger area? Will appreciate your response.

Exactly what my GM said, that with my skills, in no long time I will continue to earn more, if I go to Benin, I will stagnate my progress as I am still a young Lad. I am currently running an online course which my current company gives me time to attend due to the structures I have laid down, moving to a new company might not give me that luxury of time.

Last night, I spied into the email conversations they had, and all my Lebanese Chairman was saying, is do everything to keep him, he is good. This gave me more courage to negotiate more.

I just finished having a meeting with the management board and with counsel from mentors and you guys here, I negotiated for Free meal and HMO with pension, they agreed for the free meal and pension, but disagreed on the HMO.

I thank you all for giving me the courage to take some decisions. If everything goes as plan, from my next salary, I promise a little giveaway to all that commented here.

Thank you all.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Jokkarm2: 1:13pm On Aug 25, 2022
Bro, benin is better because the cost of living in Lagos is very high, though you can easily get something to do but the house and transport wahala is too much.
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by ThierryJay: 1:14pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

Exactly what my GM said, that with my skills, in no long time I will continue to earn more, if I go to Benin, I will stagnate my progress as I am still a young Lad. I am currently running an online course which my current company gives me time to attend due to the structures I have laid down, moving to a new company might not give me that luxury of time.

Last night, I spied into the email conversations they had, and all my Lebanese Chairman was saying, is do everything to keep him, he is good. This gave me more courage to negotiate more.

I just finished having a meeting with the management board and with counsel from mentors and you guys here, I negotiated for Free meal and HMO with pension, they agreed for the free meal and pension, but disagreed on the HMO.

I thank you all for giving me the courage to take some decisions. If everything goes as plan, from my next salary, I promise a little giveaway to all that commented here.

Thank you all.

Congratulations bro. Keep journeying to the top.

2 Likes

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Binchim001: 1:21pm On Aug 25, 2022
Abeg where una dey see all these high paying jobs nahhhh... Abi una dey wyne me ni!!

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by timesup234: 1:21pm On Aug 25, 2022
Benin city is more expensive than Lagos. Maybe the most expensive place in Nigeria currently. I lived in lagos half of my life so i know what i am saying

2 Likes

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by OVB123: 1:21pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

Lolzzz, my dear, you have said it all, my friend we both graduated from UNIBEN with 150k salary has a car now, from savings over the years, lives comfortably, though he always envy the Lagos lifestyle but chose comfort than luxury. I just spoke to him and he told me to grab the opportunity with both hands as I will be getting weekly foodstuffs and won't spend a dime on feeding, transportation is 200 go come from where I plan to stay.
Please tell me the name of the company.
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Blackdisciple(m): 1:23pm On Aug 25, 2022
Kindly go to Benin because lagos is fùcked with high bills
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by lawaol2003(m): 1:26pm On Aug 25, 2022
Hello bro...abeg help ur fellow UNIBEN alumni....dt benin job I need am abeg. Am also an IT guy. Incase u decide to stay in Lagos.
Even if u g o....I Benin las las, recommend me for d oda job for lagos....whichever one. 08180355032 na my whatsapp no
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Franchise21(m): 1:35pm On Aug 25, 2022
Gr8mike:

Bros, pick the job in Benin. I've stayed in Benin n currently in Lagos, you'll be able to save more in Benin. What's the benefit of enjoying Lagos and not been able to save in this hard times?

1 Like

Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by kelmicheal: 1:37pm On Aug 25, 2022
Benin is a goooaaal!!
Re: 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:39pm On Aug 25, 2022
Lagos na useless place..the hold up na something else.you go old before your time for lag.very stupid place

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Do You Think About Jobberman ? / May & Baker Nigeria Plc Recruitment 2012 / Which Should I Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.