Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

I Just Lost My Job - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Lost My Job (22366 Views)

Just Lost My Job / Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment / My Fiancé Just Lost His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Lost My Job by juman(m): 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2022
You lost your job.
Bad.
Hit the street hard.
Do teaching job, conductor, those wheelbarrow pusher etc.

Do not stay idle. There are many options for you.
Good luck.
Re: I Just Lost My Job by Tokotaya: 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2022
Are you for real? This is a callous response to a man in anguish. There's nothing he has said that points in the direction that he was a liability to his company. Employers do all sorts every day, and they have a right to lay off anyone, hardworking or not.

Some lay off when they are themselves going through turbulence that can end their lives. Some lay off just because they can and nobody can query them. Afterall the market is bristling with millions of unemployed people they can hire as replacement. So, it is never that straightforward to jump to the conclusion that anyone who lost his job was deadwood.
Purge your soul of wickedness before it is too late. Jesus loves you. Peace.

ictplotter:
Nigeria employees ar petty criminals, selfish and only think about themselves not the Organization that employ and pay their salary.
Nigeria job seekers ar very humble and full of dreams when seeking for job or during the interview. But once they gain employment they become problems and wild to the organization, they contribute nothing to the growth of the organization rather their physical present and wait for their monthly salary without any financial and tangible input to the organization.
The truth is no organization will ever sack a worker who is an asset to the organization but the liability.
If employees think it's easy let them setup their business firm.

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost My Job by riverbird: 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2022
Viccur:
I just lost my job, I can't even describe how I'm feeling at the moment. I lost it same month I got it last year. It is well
So sorry bro but don't you ever give up ok?, Keep on pushing and in no distant time something better will surely come your way.
Re: I Just Lost My Job by gumaveddy(m): 12:07pm On Aug 25, 2022
Viccur:
I just lost my job, I can't even describe how I'm feeling at the moment. I lost it same month I got it last year. It is well
the money you have been saving try and start a business and take it seriously, in the next one year you will be elevated that I have seen.
Re: I Just Lost My Job by ayoncox: 12:07pm On Aug 25, 2022
Viccur:
It's time to hunt another, a closed door means another opened door
Re: I Just Lost My Job by gerizzim: 12:07pm On Aug 25, 2022
Magnumproperty:

The major reason I recommended Income Protection plan from casava.co but nairalanders didn't even read my post maybe it's too lengthy or jam packed.

I sent you a mail sir
Re: I Just Lost My Job by juman(m): 12:08pm On Aug 25, 2022
This world is difficult place to live.
But much more difficult for stupid people.

Don't stay idle. Look for something to do.
Re: I Just Lost My Job by Tokotaya: 12:10pm On Aug 25, 2022
OP, trust in God and your abilities. Dust your CV and begin aggressive application. Don't neglect to think about what you can possibly do on your own that can grow over time, even as you are pursuing paid employment. May God bring a destiny helper along your path.
Re: I Just Lost My Job by Magnumproperty: 12:16pm On Aug 25, 2022
gerizzim:

I sent you a mail sir
Yes have seen the notification on Nairaland. Have been busy at work . I will send you the details soon
Re: I Just Lost My Job by Carbonated: 12:21pm On Aug 25, 2022
Viccur:
I just lost my job, I can't even describe how I'm feeling at the moment. I lost it same month I got it last year. It is well ??

I pray things get running up for you asap. Losing ones means of Income and survival Is a not a child's play. I can't even wish my enemy such thing. What I went through between late last year and early this year Is better left to be Imagined hmmm. I haven't still balance but I give thanks to Almighty God for his mercies upon me.
Re: I Just Lost My Job by dejol88: 12:23pm On Aug 25, 2022
I sincerely sympathise with you , and I pray you get something soon and better.

Nigeria youth, you can see how bad governance can’t affect our even most secured jobs and let alone those who don’t have and hope to get a job.

When the presidential aspirants were busy sharing dollars to delegates and many in this forum were praising them without knowing damage this politicians are doing to the masses. Just so you know, the dollar shared would have helped businesses who depend on foreign exchange to buy inputs to keep machinery working and keeping jobs here.

Another point to remember is that during that presidential primaries many international students could not get needed dollars or pounds to pay their school fees through banks were unable due to scarcity.

Any presidential candidate who has been involved in this dollar scarcity can never do anything to fix the country because to them their interest come first not the country.

Our action in the coming elections will determine direction of the country.
Re: I Just Lost My Job by arosis(m): 12:24pm On Aug 25, 2022
So sorry to hear about this but you need to pull yourself together and get over it. Is not an easy thing to do but it is a necessary thing.
Give yourself some days to deal with the shock and then start thinking of what next. Definitely you are thinking of another job but also look at other things you can do for money.
Keep a notebook and pen close and start writing down anything that occurs to you. Highlight the interesting ones then read up on them before starting off on them.
Wish you well
Re: I Just Lost My Job by Ofadaman(m): 12:26pm On Aug 25, 2022
Viccur:

How did you lose your job,
Was it due to poor performance , company downsizing or what?
Re: I Just Lost My Job by Charleys: 12:27pm On Aug 25, 2022
Viccur:

I have experience in warehouse operations, FMCG supply chain and retail app management to start with. I'm based in ibadan.

What's the name of the company?
Re: I Just Lost My Job by divinebitshop: 12:28pm On Aug 25, 2022
Viccur:

Sorry about that. But if you are a technoid, you can submit your CV here: https://swiftatechtalent.com/. Getting a job should not take long, provided you are good at what you do. Submit your CV and thank me later.

Re: I Just Lost My Job by Zee0007: 12:30pm On Aug 25, 2022
Mozegee:
I dont know who you are but you have a good heart.

Thank you sir.
Re: I Just Lost My Job by OhiOfIhima: 12:30pm On Aug 25, 2022
justdogitto:
I remember when i lost my job too back then, it felt like world had given up on me. A newly married couple with a 6 month old baby to take care off and with wife currently out of job too..I wasn't earning too much to have a fat savings. It was depleted within two months. What kept me going? My attitude and God..I have learnt at an early age never to give up and keep trusting God..This I did and to keep body and soul together, I delved into teaching earning less than 12k per month..Barely enough for a family of three...Fast forward to today, It can only be God as things have changed drastically and what I pay for my kids school fees are for more than what most people earn as a salaries in 6 months...
Lesson: Keep doing the right thing and never stop building your capacity, The right opportunity will come and you will look back and give glory to God.
Thank God for you bro... I am in Lagos, pls if you have an offer available for ND holder, I am much available.... Just any work like security, warehouse keeper, office assistant, factory operator, front desk man, hotel work. I am good as far as d pay exceed my current salary.
Re: I Just Lost My Job by Zee0007: 12:31pm On Aug 25, 2022
I won't play with it again but that's all I have now. It's remaining three cups.

oneMalik:
I like your comment but I hate it when people are taking my best food for granted.

I eat garri almost everyday and always wonder why people think garrium is the food for the poor.

Gari no be your rice mate o , make una take time .

nonsense !
Re: I Just Lost My Job by amijen(f): 12:32pm On Aug 25, 2022
May better and bigger door's open for you.
Re: I Just Lost My Job by Awise09(m): 12:35pm On Aug 25, 2022
Sometimes when God answers our prayers He makes us pass through pains
Re: I Just Lost My Job by ImoleNaija: 12:35pm On Aug 25, 2022
ictplotter:
Nigeria employees ar petty criminals, selfish and only think about themselves not the Organization that employ and pay their salary.
Nigeria job seekers ar very humble and full of dreams when seeking for job or during the interview. But once they gain employment they become problems and wild to the organization, they contribute nothing to the growth of the organization rather their physical present and wait for their monthly salary without any financial and tangible input to the organization.
The truth is no organization will ever sack a worker who is an asset to the organization but the liability.
If employees think it's easy let them setup their business firm.

This is nothing but a slap to the face of some hardworking & diligent employees. You deserve the award of 'The most foolish being'. How dare you conclude that all employees are selfish & criminally minded

How could a person be this senseless? You are very very stupid & I'm not sorry to say it. I hope this mentality of yours is cut short & never be passed down to another.
Re: I Just Lost My Job by oneMalik: 12:37pm On Aug 25, 2022
Na lie , I will not buy that from you .

you're only telling me what you were told .which doctor prove that and if there is , na still lie .

I get perfect sight and my favorite food is garri.

I heard it affect sight when I was young and all those shit na lie .... if Garri was impoted from wetern world and you have to buy a cup for 5dollars you will not hear anything like that.

Garri the greatest blessing from God to Nigeria.

I beg that garri no go there

juman:

Too much garri is not good for eyes.
Recently I took eba and Garri almost daily.
Easy and quick good food.
I realise it bad effect. I reduced it.
Re: I Just Lost My Job by OgaDeyVex: 12:41pm On Aug 25, 2022
Viccur:

Start Blogging Business Now And Thank , Much Later
Re: I Just Lost My Job by sheanzy(m): 12:45pm On Aug 25, 2022
OhiOfIhima:

Thank God for you bro... I am in Lagos, pls if you have an offer available for ND holder, I am much available.... Just any work like security, warehouse keeper, office assistant, factory operator, front desk man, hotel work. I am good as far as d pay exceed my current salary.
what's your current pay?
Re: I Just Lost My Job by oneMalik: 12:45pm On Aug 25, 2022
See ,
that man who lost his job should go and thank God .

He's a director and he was working for someone as a boy .... you see that ?

God intentionally shut that door for him to realize he's on the wrong path .... he should think and ask himself few questions .

hunger doesn't kill but only reset brain !

knowhowk:
How ,Some Lost their Good Job and End up not getting a better one ,After they tried and tried they got a Worst Job ..knew someone who lost his job with a Multinational company earns 850k ..The guy is at Chelsea in OTA earning 55k ..Works in a Factory self ..Out of Frustration .

So which Congratulations are u talking about ...
Re: I Just Lost My Job by Sermwell(m): 12:46pm On Aug 25, 2022
AutoChick4U:
Cold zobo
Which one is cold zobo? Are you Yunusa? cheesy cheesy
Re: I Just Lost My Job by blingxx(m): 12:50pm On Aug 25, 2022
Viccur:
The company is restructuring and downsizing in terms 0f workforce

Bruh this kain tin dey pain , that's why I'm trying to save up and get a camera and laptop start my photography career all this salary job no really help man

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost My Job by oneMalik: 1:01pm On Aug 25, 2022
That Man earning 850k and later 55k in factory na lunatic

I graduated in 2009 and till date I never earn 1# as salary from anybody. I knew what am gonna do as far as when I was in 200level .I didnt do NYSC cos I see it as a waste of time , maybe that's cos I was an ophan but all the same No excuse !

I knew how much I want and how to start so I make friends among the taxi drivers along rumuokoro-uniport axis of port Harcourt ,

I later drove taxi along same route for 5good years and the story changed.

so 1yrs of earning 850k is almost 10mln...

Mumu no go plan , na to dey do DORIME everywhere they go

when you get job wey no be papa own at least you suppose write your sack letter keep.

oneMalik:
See ,
that man who lost his job should go and thank God .

He's a director and he was working for someone as a boy .... you see that ?

God intentionally shut that door for him to realize he's on the wrong path .... he should think and ask himself few questions .

hunger doesn't kill but only reset brain !

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost My Job by ictplotter(m): 1:06pm On Aug 25, 2022
Tokotaya:
Are you for real? This is a callous response to a man in anguish. There's nothing he has said that points in the direction that he was a liability to his company. Employers do all sorts every day, and they have a right to lay off anyone, hardworking or not.

Some lay off when they are themselves going through turbulence that can end their lives. Some lay off just because they can and nobody can query them. Afterall the market is bristling with millions of unemployed people they can hire as replacement. So, it is never that straightforward to jump to the conclusion that anyone who lost his job was deadwood.
Purge your soul of wickedness before it is too late. Jesus loves you. Peace.

In today reality Nigeria job seekers hav nothing to offer for growth of the organization. They render unskilled and common sense service and want to be pay professionally.
Is only in Nigeria u will see a job seekers will tell his employer he need a salary 200k but when if ask same employee what is he bringing to the table for the organization trouble will start.
Job seekers should skill up, be creative digitally and be an asset to the organization.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me / HND Entry Level Salary In Fed Govt Ministry / Loads Of Fun Today At Npower Situation Room,tea, Coffee And A Dose Of Laughter!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.